Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Anisa77

Weight Loss

Many of my friends and I often find ourselves discussing weight loss methods, and like many women we're always trying to keep up with the latest diet or trend. We've come to the realization that it is indeed a lifestyle change that is going to ultimately help us lose weight and stay healthy, and not some new exercise machine being sold on an infomercial. What I find a bit difficult is finding the time and money to join a local gym, especially one that is for women only. Wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue, and any potential solutions?

PropellerAds
Many of my friends and I often find ourselves discussing weight loss methods, and like many women we're always trying to keep up with the latest diet or trend. We've come to the realization that it is indeed a lifestyle change that is going to ultimately help us lose weight and stay healthy, and not some new exercise machine being sold on an infomercial. What I find a bit difficult is finding the time and money to join a local gym, especially one that is for women only. Wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue, and any potential solutions?

I have never heard of a ladies gym but what I have heard of are ladies classes like ladies aerobics classes etc. Usually they hold a class for an hour and you have a female instructor to teach the women the routines etc maybe this would be useful for you plus it is a way to meet new women.

As-salamu aleikum

To lose weight, you don't need to excercise. I am not saying that excercise won't help in losing weight because it definately does, but it is not necessary. You can lose weight fast on a special diet. The diet is pretty simple. Don't eat carbohydrates, i.e. sugar, pasta, bread, cakes, biscuits, rice, potatoes, wheat etc. You should only eat protein and fats, such as olive oil and butter. If you must eat carbs, then you can eat foods like cucumber and salad that don't contain a lot of carbs. This diet is guaranteed to work. It works fast and there is no need to excercise.

To lose weight, you don't need to excercise. I am not saying that excercise won't help in losing weight because it definately does, but it is not necessary. You can lose weight fast on a special diet. The diet is pretty simple. Don't eat carbohydrates, i.e. sugar, pasta, bread, cakes, biscuits, rice, potatoes, wheat etc. You should only eat protein and fats, such as olive oil and butter. If you must eat carbs, then you can eat foods like cucumber and salad that don't contain a lot of carbs. This diet is guaranteed to work. It works fast and there is no need to excercise.

Lemme just add to that: ...And you got to stick to it AS LONG AS you want to remain slim. Good luck?

I will say that when it comes to dieting, it never works in the long run. I think that exercising needs to be a part of our daily routine, especially if you're one of those people who spends most of their time in an office in front of a computer. I was doing some surfing online the other night and I came across a blog by a doctor.. It's called "Dr. Dar's Weightloss Advice". Some really good information on there. There was one particular thing on there he had commented on.. some product called Halal Slim. I was wondering if anyone's heard of this?

I will say that when it comes to dieting, it never works in the long run. I think that exercising needs to be a part of our daily routine, especially if you're one of those people who spends most of their time in an office in front of a computer. I was doing some surfing online the other night and I came across a blog by a doctor.. It's called "Dr. Dar's Weightloss Advice". Some really good information on there. There was one particular thing on there he had commented on.. some product called Halal Slim. I was wondering if anyone's heard of this?

No I haven't heard of it actually. However I would advise you to exercise more than remove a nutrient from your diet because we need all nutrients in our diet - keeping in mind balance. Those trend diets usually advise you to take a whole nutrient out of your diet. Good idea is to eat wholemeal foods as they contain fibre plus wholemeal gives the feeling of fullness so you won't find yourself getting hungry all the time. Also our body does digest fibre but fibre is important to aid digestion.

You are right that exercise needs to be part of our daily routine as it is good for the heart and muscles and also when you exercise it's good for mental health too. So check to see if your local gym has ladies classes or maybe if you have a few friends you can all meet up together and practice a routine together if you have a room big enough - it might be fun also. Keep a healthy diet and exercise regularly and I am sure you will be fine good luck!

In the US (midwest) they have female only health clubs called 'curves'.

Lemme just add to that: ...And you got to stick to it AS LONG AS you want to remain slim. Good luck?

As-salamu aleikum

No, you don't necessarily have to stick with it as long as you want to remain slim. The diet makes you extremely sensitive to insulin (look up insulin sensitivity, or insensitivity), so you can modify it after you have reached your goal which will be attained fast (for the average person probably 3-4 months). You can modify it in such a way that you reintroduce carbs, but don't go overboard on them and keep them limited. You can also pig out and eat a whole of carbs, and you'll notice you won't get fat as fast as you normally would due to increased insulin sensitivity. Nowadays people eat too much carbs which isn't healthy.

The diet that I am talking about goes against the mainstream, but it definately works, plus it is healthy. Eggs+olive oil+cucumber+butter is an extremely healthy combination. Another amazing thing is that you can actually use more calories than you would need (for example from olive oil) and it won't get stored as fat. Actually carbs make people fat, they cause insulin resistance. Look at societies where obesity is widespread, it is due to carbs. I am not saying that carbs are only reason. Obviously inactivity, an easier lifestyle compared to historical times, great availability of food, overeating etc. play their parts also.

Excercise is not necessary for weight loss. If you want to feel full, eat protein because it will keep hunger away for long periods of time because it takes a lot of time to digest.

If you want fast, guaranteed results, you should try the diet I described. It is not easy, though. A lot of people are addicted to carbs although they don't know it, most people get cravings. Plus the diet can get a bit monotone, so you need to have determination, unless you are a good cook - which I am not. You can even this diet for a week to see if it works. You are pretty much guaranteed to lose a kilo or two (that's like 2-4,5 pounds), maybe even more if you are obese, though in the beggining it's just water weight. People will also notice.

The best thing is to eat like our grandmothers did! no packaged foods! too much sugar and fats in all that stuff! eat mostly vegetables and fruits, like 70% and the other 30 % can be fish,chicken,eggs,whole wheat grains and rice. Just as natural as it is. No processed food. In that way you feel light, healthy and you are also being good to our planet.

What if you and your family is used to eating south asian food? Given that it's often hard to make "healthy" food that tastes good, i think that adding physical activity to your daily lifestlye can help burn the extra calories. And of course let's not forget that when you go to family friends and to weddings, you don't always have healthy options. Plus if you don't eat it looks rude..

Just do not avoid proteins because, if you do, you will lose your muscles and not your fat.

I do it like this and this is like my everyday routine:

In first hour when I get up I drink nutrition protein milk shake, after 2 hours eat some fruit and in the afternoon I have normal lunch (some meat, vegetables and a piece of black bread), again after 2 hours eat some fruit or yogurt, and for dinner eat something nourishing but it must not be in late hours. Between every meal drink about half a liter of water.

This helps because you have sugar in fruit (and your body needs sugar), and it's healthy sugar, and eating something every few hours speed ​​up your metabolism and like that you lose your fat faster (I don't want to be fat :sl: )

P.S.And drink 2 cups of coffee between breakfast and lunch, I simply enjoy it :sl: (actually coffee increases your brain power)

Edited by fajr_tear

I went on this Halal Slim website and you can request a free ebook called "Weightloss Secrets". It actually has a lot of good stuff in it and explains it well. I recommend it - cause its free :sl: the website is halalslim (dot) com