Islamic Forum
learning faith

I Have Some Questions On Islam! Please Answer!

hii !!!

i would request the people on this forum that they shall answer me friendly and in polite manner believing that i am a student and they are the teacher.

your polite behaviour may help me to change a general thinking of me that muslims on being questioned turn out aggressive.

i have some questions but i would try to get answers one by one !!

question 1 ::>

"

what will happen to a non-muslim who is good in all respects, but since from childhood he has been taught that his own religion is best.. does not accept Islam , but is good to humanity in all respects.. through his action , deeds, and thinking also ? what will happen to him at the day of judgement ?

to clarify my question ..

i would add that he does accept the quran as scripture of god and thinks book of his own religion is from god. He also does not believe the stories of quran and says that"" since these stories of miracles are unscientific and i would not believe them unless i see them with my eyes.""

((he pointed towards the storiy of spiltting moon in two and converting humans into monkeys etc..))""

what will happen to him at the day of judgement ? heaven or hell ?

i would like a short and straight forward answer !! thanks.

PropellerAds

Hello and Welcome :sl:

From my understanding; your friend has the deeds but lacks in faith. Islam teaches that you need to have faith and good deeds to get to heaven, they both have to go hand in hand. If you lack one or the other then you haven't completed your faith. To complete the faith and to get to paradise, your friends needs do get deeds and have faith in that

1-Theres only one God (Allah) and he has no partners

2- Belief in the Angels, which cant be scientifically proven.

3- Belief in God’s Revealed Books and Quran being the last of those books

4- Belief in the Prophets and Messengers of God; Prophet Mohammad being the last of them.

5- Belief in the Day of Judgment

6- Belief in Al-Qadar (divine pre-destination)

Each one of these is a huge subject to discuss, but this are the very basic principles of Islam. I hope I have helped you.

what will happen to a non-muslim who is good in all respects, but since from childhood

he has been taught that his own religion is best.. does not accept Islam ,

but is good to humanity in all respects.. through his action , deeds, and thinking also ?

what will happen to him at the day of judgement ?

to clarify my question .. i would add that he does accept the quran as scripture of god

and thinks book of his own religion is from god.

He also does not believe the stories of quran and says that"" since these stories of miracles are unscientific and i would not believe them unless i see them with my eyes.""

((he pointed towards the storiy of spiltting moon in two and converting humans into monkeys etc..))""

what will happen to him at the day of judgement ? heaven or hell ?

What the non-muslim believes about Islam is not important.

But he must be born again (from above), meaning he must have God's Spirit inside of him.

And he must have a personal relationship with the one-and-only Living God.

And he must be sanctified (set apart and in the process of getting rid of his sin).

Doing good deeds is a natural result of the above, but others do them as well.

Whether he must believe in the Trinity (Triune God) is debatable, but there are 80+ verses teaching this, and Jesus said that you must believe that He is "I AM", which is God's name forever (Exodus 3:14-15).

Think of the case of an individual who is very altruistic inside a classroom setting; he brings extra pencils for others to use, explains things to those who don't understand it, is courteous in his manner of dealing with the instructor and classmates. Then, when he sits down to take the final exam, he fails it either because he did not study for the exam or he simply decides he won't try.

Would such a person still pass the course because of his kindness? No, he wouldn't. This is the best analogy for the purpose of life in Islam. Life is a test; it is a test to see who will submit to God and follow His will, or who will submit to something else. Altruism alone will not help a person pass the test of life.

Salam.

Hello,

A person who rejects the Truth when it comes to him is a disbeliever and Hell is his abode, even though he might otherwise be a good person. His goodness in this world might lessen the severity of the punishment, but that's about it, not too grand.

As for your example of a person believing the Qur'an to be from God but rejecting some of its stories (splitting of the moon or people turning as a punishment into monkeys, for example), then this person is a disbeliever. He doesn't believe in the Words of God nor does he trust in the Unseen, so he is from the disbelievers who are in Hell.

Hello and Welcome :sl:

From my understanding; your friend has the deeds but lacks in faith................ To complete the faith and to get to paradise, your friends needs do get deeds and have faith in that

as i said he belongs to another religion, and as taught from childhood he believes that his god is correct. so he has complete faith in the version of god he has been taught since childhood.

1-Theres only one God (Allah) and he has no partners

he believes that there is only one god all merciful, and has no partners and says he may also have a name as Allah as god is not bound to specific names.

2- Belief in the Angels, which cant be scientifically proven.

he says he does not believe on angels as he has not seen any of those... and already his religion too have it's own fictional stories

3- Belief in God’s Revealed Books and Quran being the last of those books

he beieves in the revealed books of his own religion and does not believe that quran is revealed book, as he finds stories of splitting moon and turning humans to monkeys impossible and says would not believe them unless seen with eye for they being unscientific..

4- Belief in the Prophets and Messengers of God; Prophet Mohammad being the last of them.

5- Belief in the Day of Judgment

6- Belief in Al-Qadar (divine pre-destination)

Each one of these is a huge subject to discuss, but this are the very basic principles of Islam. I hope I have helped you.

he says he already has such things in his own religion , so why should he change his religion?? just because someone came to him and say that believe this book , it is true otherwise you go to hell !!

now i mean to say that he has been given birth in a kafir family by Allah himself and from childhood he has heard stories of heaven and hell as n their religion and as that all muslims would go to hell , and has their own characters instead of angels to have belief on, so now how can he change the religion... just because of this that he can never be sure about authencity of Islamic claims , would Allah send all his good deeds in vain?? and send him to hell??

Think of the case of an individual who is very altruistic inside a classroom setting; he brings extra pencils for others to use, explains things to those who don't understand it, is courteous in his manner of dealing with the instructor and classmates. Then, when he sits down to take the final exam, he fails it either because he did not study for the exam or he simply decides he won't try.

Would such a person still pass the course because of his kindness? No, he wouldn't. This is the best analogy for the purpose of life in Islam. Life is a test; it is a test to see who will submit to God and follow His will, or who will submit to something else. Altruism alone will not help a person pass the test of life.

Salam.

if the life be taken as a test for us then and we are like giving exams of faith Allah, then you must feel that we should have given same books to study or no??

but he has been given birth in a kafir family , so it seems as he has been given the wrong books to prepare for exams!!

while it would be so easy for the one born in muslim family!!

so i mean if life is a exam and faith on Allah the criteria for passing, Allah must have given same study material to all , means birth to all in a muslim family !! only then the analogy of test can be true... since this does not happen so your analogy of life as test does not suits..

Hello,

A person who rejects the Truth when it comes to him is a disbeliever and Hell is his abode, even though he might otherwise be a good person. His goodness in this world might lessen the severity of the punishment, but that's about it, not too grand.

As for your example of a person believing the Qur'an to be from God but rejecting some of its stories (splitting of the moon or people turning as a punishment into monkeys, for example), then this person is a disbeliever. He doesn't believe in the Words of God nor does he trust in the Unseen, so he is from the disbelievers who are in Hell.

how can he ever know that quran really is the truth. he has been given birth in a kafir family by Allah and he believes his own religion as true!! so in a way if he gets to be in hell then it is not his mistake had he been given birth in a muslim family, he would have been muslim!! as quran says that other religion is not true, similarly his religion says quran is not true!! now he cannot decide but he can do all good deeds and he des them.. still he gets hell !!

does that match just and merciful nature of lord??

how can he ever know that quran really is the truth. he has been given birth in a kafir family by Allah and he believes his own religion as true!! so in a way if he gets to be in hell then it is not his mistake had he been given birth in a muslim family, he would have been muslim!! as quran says that other religion is not true, similarly his religion says quran is not true!! now he cannot decide but he can do all good deeds and he des them.. still he gets hell !!

does that match just and merciful nature of lord??

Has this person been exposed to Islam? Has the Message reached him? Has he read the Qur'an? If he has, he is a disbeliever and he is in Hell. If Islam hasn't reached him, he will be tested on they Day of Judgement by God. God will take a covenant from him and will ask him to enter Hell. If he does, he will find it safe and cool, and he will enter Paradise for passing the test. If he doesn't, he gets thrown into Hell for disobedience.

These arguements of "I was born in a kafir family" are addressed in the Qur'an.

Has this person been exposed to Islam? Has the Message reached him? Has he read the Qur'an? If he has, he is a disbeliever and he is in Hell. If Islam hasn't reached him, he will be tested on they Day of Judgement by God. God will take a covenant from him and will ask him to enter Hell. If he does, he will find it safe and cool, and he will enter Paradise for passing the test. If he doesn't, he gets thrown into Hell for disobedience.

These arguements of "I was born in a kafir family" are addressed in the Qur'an.

so the criteria of heaven/ hell is belief or disbelief and not good deeds and jobs... obviously at the end when Allah appears in front i would surely do whatsoever he would say!!

then there is no need to accept Islam now!!

so the criteria of heaven/ hell is belief or disbelief and not good deeds and jobs...

You got this part partially correct. Belief or disbelief determines whether your ultimate abode is Paradise or Hell. However, bad deeds can get a believer punished in Hell for a period of time.

obviously at the end when Allah appears in front i would surely do whatsoever he would say!!

then there is no need to accept Islam now!!

This same arguement of "I won't believe 'til I see God" is mentioned in the Qur'an. On the Day of Judgement, the disbelier's faith will not avail him.

My advice to you is to pray to God for guidance. It's the least you can do if you are genuinely interested in the Truth and worshipping God.

Belief or disbelief determines whether your ultimate abode is Paradise or Hell. However, bad deeds can get a believer punished in Hell for a period of time.

This same arguement of "I won't believe 'til I see God" is mentioned in the Qur'an. On the Day of Judgement, the disbelier's faith will not avail him.

What you suggested in here as i basically understand it is that all non-Muslims are going to hell. Am i right in that conclusion?

If so, that also means all non-Muslims are horrible evil people, right?

Or are you saying that God sends good people to hell if they don't embrace Islam in the sense you're referring to?

i think this is the biggest abuse to say to someone that inspite of all you will burn in hell for eternity...how so ever good the other person may be!!

What you suggested in here as i basically understand it is that all non-Muslims are going to hell. Am i right in that conclusion?

All those reject the Truth will go to Hell. However, non-Muslim whom Islam hasn't reached are not accountable. Like I said, those whom Islam didn't reach will be tested by God on the Day of Judgement. He will take a covenant from them and will ask them to enter Hell. Whoever enters will find it safe and cool, and will enter Paradise. Whoever doesn't gets thrown into Hell.

If so, that also means all non-Muslims are horrible evil people, right?

No, that is not what I mean saying.

Ort are are you saying that God sends good people to hell if they don't embrace Islam in the sense you're referring to?

i think this is the biggest abuse to say to someone that inspite of all you will burn in hell for eternity...how so ever good the other person may be!!

Yes, God sends people to Hell if they reject the Truth and don't obey Him. I'll give you an example. The uncle of the Prophet Muhammad named Abu Talib was very dear to the Prophet, peace and blessings of God be upon him. He was what you call a good person but he didn't accept the Truth, he will be in Hell. That is what God has decided. God has decided that only believers will enter Paradise and that disbeliers go to Hell. He won't questioned on the Day of Judgement, we will be.

if the life be taken as a test for us then and we are like giving exams of faith Allah, then you must feel that we should have given same books to study or no??

but he has been given birth in a kafir family , so it seems as he has been given the wrong books to prepare for exams!!

so i mean if life is a exam and faith on Allah the criteria for passing, Allah must have given same study material to all , means birth to all in a muslim family !! only then the analogy of test can be true... since this does not happen so your analogy of life as test does not suits..

We were given the same books to study, from the dawn of mankind. It's just that people either ignore the study material or they substitute it for others. It is up to each and every individual to discover the truth for himself, which isn't as hard as you might think. Allah guides those who are willing.

Salam.

"We were given the same books to study, from the dawn of mankind. It's just that people either ignore the study material or they substitute it for others. It is up to each and every individual to discover the truth for himself, which isn't as hard as you might think. Allah guides those who are willing. "

What were the Chinese and the Incas given??

"We were given the same books to study, from the dawn of mankind. It's just that people either ignore the study material or they substitute it for others. It is up to each and every individual to discover the truth for himself, which isn't as hard as you might think. Allah guides those who are willing. "

What were the Chinese and the Incas given??

Things that were appropriate to their time, and which they have since lost or discarded because they did not wish to follow it.

Salam.

Salam.

It does not seem convincing enough.

If Islam hasn't reached him, he will be tested on they Day of Judgement by God. God will take a covenant from him and will ask him to enter Hell. If he does, he will find it safe and cool, and he will enter Paradise for passing the test. If he doesn't, he gets thrown into Hell for disobedience.

Brother, do you think that this is God's justice to punish someone? Who will volundarity enter hell if asked to do so? How can reluctance/ unwillingness of going to hell can be considered as disobedience. Very strange reasoning you are making.

Brother, do you think that this is God's justice to punish someone? Who will volundarity enter hell if asked to do so? How can reluctance/ unwillingness of going to hell can be considered as disobedience. Very strange reasoning you are making.

:sl:

Yes, it is just because the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him, informed us about it. The person whom Islam didn't reach, the deaf, the crazy person and the senile old man will present excuses on the Day of Judgement saying Islam didn't reach them or they weren't able to comprehend it. God will ask them will they obey Him to which they will reply that they will. He will then ask them to enter Hell. Those who want to obey God will do it. He will then tell them that they didn't obey him when He directly commanded, so they definately would not have obeyed his Messengers, peace be upon them.

Who willingly wants to sacrifice their son? Who willingly wants his father to sacrifice him? People who are willing to obey God if that is what God commands.

If We had ordered them to sacrifice their lives or to leave their homes, very few of them would have done it: But if they had done what they were (actually) told, it would have been best for them, and would have gone farthest to strengthen their (faith);

And We should then have given them from our presence a great reward;

And We should have shown them the Straight Way. (4:66-68)

now i mean to say that he has been given birth in a kafir family by Allah himself and from childhood he has heard stories of heaven and hell as n their religion and as that all muslims would go to hell , and has their own characters instead of angels to have belief on, so now how can he change the religion... just because of this that he can never be sure about authencity of Islamic claims , would Allah send all his good deeds in vain?? and send him to hell??

Your friend should ponder on this; does the creator of Heaven and earth need his good deeds? God doesn't need us, we need him; being his creation we need to listen and be obedient to him. If a person can just do great deeds and get to heaven, then why should they acknowledge God or the messengers he had sent or even the books; whats the need for all of that, we can run everything and leave God out of this. If a person acknowledges God, then he also needs to believe the messengers and prophets that God had sent to guide mankind; its a package deal; Gods guidance is sent for a reason. Ignoring that guidance will have its consiquences. If your friend has studied the Quran and he thinks it's not from God, then all the best to him; but from an Islamic standpoint he would be looked at as a person who ignored God and is therefore made his case for hell. I know it sounds harsh; but we have been put on earth for a reason, we have 60-70 yrs on this earth, so there's some time to contemplate on our decisions.

My apologies for post #17, which was done hastily and in error.

I like to answer this: Allah swt has sent 1000s of messengers to educate the non believers and the people who worshiped Idols/calf etc. Why did He send them? Obviously to convert everyone into a Muslim, to make them understand what is truth and what is not. So Allah has done what He has to do.  He gave the right books for your exams. It was a pity that only some people followed, but others did not though they had 100% chance of acceptance. It was the mistake of your ancestors for not listening to the words of Messengers that today you fall into a category of non-muslim. Allah could have sent messengers even now, but what's the use when people are not ready to listen??? Still, it's not too late if people are born as a kaafir (or studying wrong books like you said), you can take the Quran today and read, take the right book and read, no one is forcing you to revert, read it, understand it, think and you will know! 

Edited by infogirl

Assalamualaikum to all.

I did not know about this topic before, therefore I apologized for this very late reply.

I have listen to many lectures on 'YouTube'. Apparently 'YouTube' is the one of the best ways to dakwa now days, Subahanallah. I came across A Syeikh Imran Hosein who answered this very question. He said: During judgement day, there will be many good people who would say to Allah SWT, that they did not get the message of Islam. They were not born, or was in an isolated place so they knew nothing of Muhammad SAW or Islam. There are also those who came to Allah SWT saying that they were insane on earth, was not in the right mind. Allah SWT will sent a designated prophet to these people at that time during judgement, who will relay the message from Allah SWT and told them to jump into the hell fire. Jump into the hell fire with faith that Allah SWT will make it cool for you. Once you take the leap of faith, Allah SWT will place you in heaven. However many of those people would not do it for they would not believe. Those who did will be placed in Syurga. 

Now I suspect that your friend is not insane nor he is not in the right set of mind. I also suspect since he knows you and you know him that he does not live in an isolated area where he could not receive any news of the world for the last 1,400 years. You even mentioned that he does not believe in the Quran. Therefore in judgement day if his faith stayed as it is, then according to Muslim beliefs he would be placed in hell. 

This is because he had been warned of the truth of Allah SWT. He had access to the truth, yet he still failed to see it, therefore there is nothing I could say that would have it been otherwise. Law of Allah SWT have no loopholes. 

May Allah SWT present His light to your friend and even yourself so that you may see the truth that is hidden in the darkness. All the best in me comes from Allah SWT the Master of all the worlds, and the fault is all my own. Amin

I believe that no insane, senile or deaf will ever tell God they never heard. God reaches the unreachable and communicates with anyone in such a way they know it is God doing it. God is never limited. They will be judged on the level of truth they have received from God on earth. To whom much is given much is required!

Allah tells in the quraan "we will not punish except after sending a messenger", after the prophet of Allah died the messengers of Allah's message are the Muslems. Now, we are your messengers of Islam, if we were as good as the prophet, pbuh and you didn't follow Islam due to (prejudced opinions, arrogant) then you will be punished, Allah knows . while, now, the case is more complicated since we are not as perfect messengers and you may be affected by ( prejudced opinions, arrogant, pre-vaxinated media ideas, historical distortions) you have power and media to change realities.

So, I like to refer you to read the Quran, the whole of it, considering an almighty powerful god is taking to his slaves, and don't be ashamed of being a slave [i believe since man in power can do a lot to the subordinate of him, for example in Military, you may accept that] (keeping in mind that the translation is not 100% as the original)

Allah knows more