Islamic Forum
2tap

New Stealth Drones Used On Bin Laden

Pentagon Report: CIA Used New Stealth Drones to Monitor Bin Laden's Compound in Pakistan

Associated Press

Published May 18, 2011

A U.S. Predator drone flies over the moon above Kandahar Air Field, Afghanistan.

In order to survey the compound where Usama bin Laden was hiding, the CIA used a new type of stealth drone to fly dozens of missions into Pakistani airspace undetected, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

The unmanned planes conducted flights over the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan for months before the Navy SEALs raid on May 2 that killed the Al Qaeda leader, The Post said, adding that they captured high-resolution video necessary to plan the mission.

The ability to evade radar detection and operate at high altitudes allowed the stealth drones – a model known as the RQ-170 Sentinel -- to travel beyond the normal limits that Pakistan has imposed on other U.S. drones, the paper reported.

A former U.S. official familiar with the operation told The Post that the agency “needed to see more about what was going on†than other surveillance methods allowed. Highly advanced aircraft were just one of many methods used, but their role was made necessary by the location of bin Laden’s compound – near military and nuclear sites with systems that could have detected Predator drones or other non-stealth aircraft.

The use of U.S. drones in Pakistan was already a tense subject between the two countries even before the bin Laden raid.

The U.S. refuses to publicly acknowledge the covert CIA drone program in Pakistan, but officials have said privately that the strikes have killed many senior Al Qaeda and Taliban commanders.

U.S. officials believe Pakistani intelligence continues to support militants who attack U.S. troops in Afghanistan, and actively undermine U.S. intelligence operations to go after Al Qaeda inside Pakistan. The level of distrust is such that keeping Pakistan in the dark was a major factor in planning the raid.

Pakistani officials regularly condemn drone attacks as violations of the country's sovereignty. But many are believed to privately support the program, and some of the drones are suspected of taking off from inside Pakistan.

Continued drone attacks in the weeks following bin Laden’s death are evidence that the U.S. is not letting up on cross-border drone strikes into Pakistan despite complaints that the U.S. violated its sovereignty by killing bin Laden on their soil.

PropellerAds

People don't care what new steal drone the ignoramus used, but Osama body ... show it off.

Yasnov

... show it off.Yasnov

Nah !! That's what 'you guys' do. Would you have been satisfied if the S.E.A.L.S. hacked his head off on E.S.P.N. and drug the body around Manhattan behind a JEEP ala Daniel Pearl and the countless other poor ###### ?

Edited by 2tap

Nah !! That's what 'you guys' do. Would you have been satisfied if the S.E.A.L.S. hacked his head off on E.S.P.N. and drug the body around Manhattan behind a JEEP ala Daniel Pearl and the countless other poor ###### ?

That sounds more logical than the excuse to bury him at sea. My question, why acted illogical? Burying him sea for respect of Islamic practice? That's nonsense. You know it's nonsense.

Yasnov

That sounds more logical than the excuse to bury him at sea. My question, why acted illogical? Burying him sea for respect of Islamic practice? That's nonsense. You know it's nonsense.Yasnov

Hacking his head off on E.S.P.N. 'sounds more logical' ? To 'you guys', maybe. BOY !! ARE 'YOU GUYS' DIFFERENT THAN US !! If anyone in the U.S. still thinks we should keep letting 'you guys' into this country, they need to talk to you for a minute. That'll change their minds, pronto !! I don't think they gave a flying 'F' about Islam. But I'm sure they tossed his carcass into the sea so 'you guys' don't make a jihadi DisneyWorld out of his grave. You KNOW 'you guys' would be there every day jumping up and down chanting stupid stuff, burning U.S. flags and whatnot. Don't even TRY to tell me 'you guys' wouldn't. That place would be PACKED !! :sl:

P.S. I was diving in the ocean yesterday..... I didn't see him. But I'll think of him ( and laugh) every time I see a crab. Because that's were he is now. In crabs bellies. :sl:

Edited by 2tap

Hacking his head off on E.S.P.N. 'sounds more logical' ?

Yes, that sounds more like you. You hanged Saddam and the video is all over the Internet.

But I'm sure they tossed his carcass into the sea so 'you guys' don't make a jihadi DisneyWorld out of his grave. You KNOW 'you guys' would be there every day jumping up and down chanting stupid stuff, burning U.S. flags and whatnot. Don't even TRY to tell me 'you guys' wouldn't. That place would be PACKED !! :sl:

Your imaginary fear is typical American I must say. Who told you to publicize the location of his grave?

P.S. I was diving in the ocean yesterday..... I didn't see him. But I'll think of him ( and laugh) every time I see a crab. Because that's were he is now. In crabs bellies. :sl:

Some people just love being lied to by their politicians

Yasnov

Yes, that sounds more like you. You hanged Saddam and the video is all over the Internet.

Please ??!! Get serious !! How many videos of jihadis hacking heads off, JEEP draggings, bridge hangings.... are there on the web ? TONS !! It's a cottage industry with 'you guys' !!

Your imaginary fear is typical American I must say. Who told you to publicize the location of his grave?

What's the difference if we dump his carcass at sea or bury it somewhere and not tell anyone ? He's on the bottom of the North Arabian Sea. There, we just 'published' his grave. Happy ? :sl:

Some people just love being lied to by their politicians

And some people LOVE any stupid conspiracy theory.

Yasnov

Meh new drones smones.

What the hell are you talking about ?

OK, so according to you, all Muslims are basically killers and barbarians? That is what you certainly sounded like when you said 'you guys'

Pentagon Report: CIA Used New Stealth Drones to Monitor Bin Laden's Compound in Pakistan

Associated Press

Published May 18, 2011

A U.S. Predator drone flies over the moon above Kandahar Air Field, Afghanistan.

In order to survey the compound where Usama bin Laden was hiding, the CIA used a new type of stealth drone to fly dozens of missions into Pakistani airspace undetected, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

The unmanned planes conducted flights over the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan for months before the Navy SEALs raid on May 2 that killed the Al Qaeda leader, The Post said, adding that they captured high-resolution video necessary to plan the mission.

The ability to evade radar detection and operate at high altitudes allowed the stealth drones – a model known as the RQ-170 Sentinel -- to travel beyond the normal limits that Pakistan has imposed on other U.S. drones, the paper reported.

A former U.S. official familiar with the operation told The Post that the agency “needed to see more about what was going on†than other surveillance methods allowed. Highly advanced aircraft were just one of many methods used, but their role was made necessary by the location of bin Laden’s compound – near military and nuclear sites with systems that could have detected Predator drones or other non-stealth aircraft.

The use of U.S. drones in Pakistan was already a tense subject between the two countries even before the bin Laden raid.

The U.S. refuses to publicly acknowledge the covert CIA drone program in Pakistan, but officials have said privately that the strikes have killed many senior Al Qaeda and Taliban commanders.

U.S. officials believe Pakistani intelligence continues to support militants who attack U.S. troops in Afghanistan, and actively undermine U.S. intelligence operations to go after Al Qaeda inside Pakistan. The level of distrust is such that keeping Pakistan in the dark was a major factor in planning the raid.

Pakistani officials regularly condemn drone attacks as violations of the country's sovereignty. But many are believed to privately support the program, and some of the drones are suspected of taking off from inside Pakistan.

Continued drone attacks in the weeks following bin Laden’s death are evidence that the U.S. is not letting up on cross-border drone strikes into Pakistan despite complaints that the U.S. violated its sovereignty by killing bin Laden on their soil.

Hacking his head off on E.S.P.N. 'sounds more logical' ? To 'you guys', maybe. BOY !! ARE 'YOU GUYS' DIFFERENT THAN US !! If anyone in the U.S. still thinks we should keep letting 'you guys' into this country, they need to talk to you for a minute. That'll change their minds, pronto !! I don't think they gave a flying 'F' about Islam. But I'm sure they tossed his carcass into the sea so 'you guys' don't make a jihadi DisneyWorld out of his grave. You KNOW 'you guys' would be there every day jumping up and down chanting stupid stuff, burning U.S. flags and whatnot. Don't even TRY to tell me 'you guys' wouldn't. That place would be PACKED !! :sl:

Nice. Real Nice. Its a sad thing that bigots like you have to come to places like this and show this kind of hatred. For many posts 2tap, you have been nothing but ignorant and aggressive.

Nice. Real Nice. Its a sad thing that bigots like you have to come to places like this and show this kind of hatred. For many posts 2tap, you have been nothing but ignorant and aggressive.

Don't tell me what I do, junior. The muslims the WORLD is fighting hack mens heads off and post the videos on the internet. They hang their burnt bodies from bridges and drag them around behind JEEPS. That's what 'those guys' do, not us. 'THEY' are the ones we are fighting.

Don't tell me what I do, junior. The muslims the WORLD is fighting hack mens heads off and post the videos on the internet. They hang their burnt bodies from bridges and drag them around behind JEEPS. That's what 'those guys' do, not us. 'THEY' are the ones we are fighting.

Eh, I don't exactly know about that...

Have you ever heard of the videos that show American soldiers firing on civilians in Iraq? Or what about how American troops in Nicaragua under Reagan? Or what about in Vietnam? Watch and read reports on those and trust me, you will see...

Also, I am not telling you what you do, I am actually just calling you out on what you are saying and how destructive it is.