Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
2tap

Cowardly Saudis Want To Beat Women Who Drive

Saudi Facebook Campaign Calls for Men to Beat Women Drivers

Associated Press

May 25, 2011

A campaign on Facebook is calling for Saudi men to beat women who plan to drive cars in a protest next month, AFP reports.

"The Iqal Campaign: June 17 for preventing women from driving" advocates a cord be used to beat women who plan to drive. Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia.

Some 6,000 people have "liked" the campaign on Facebook.

It was created in response to female activist Manal al-Sharif, who created a page calling for Saudi women to defy the driving ban on June 17.

The Facebook page, called "Teach me how to drive so I can protect myself," was removed after more than 12,000 people indicated their support. The campaign's Twitter account also was deactivated.

Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world that bans women — both Saudi and foreign — from driving. The prohibition forces families to hire live-in drivers, and those who cannot afford the $300 to $400 a month for a driver must rely on male relatives to drive them to work, school, shopping or the doctor.

The issue is a highly emotional one in the kingdom, where women are also not allowed to vote, or even travel without their husbands' or fathers' permission.

About 800 Saudi people have signed a petition urging Saudi King Abdullah to release al-Sherif and to make a clear statement on women's right to drive.

"We are fed up," Waleed Aboul Khair, a lawyer and rights activists said. "Be frank," he said, addressing the country's rulers. "For the first time in the history of the kingdom, we have hundreds of people calling for the king to be frank."

"The society has moved. The society is not silent anymore," Aboul Khair said.

There is no written Saudi law banning women from driving, only fatwas, or religious edicts, by senior clerics that are enforced by police. King Abdullah has promised reforms in the past and has taken some tentative steps to ease restrictions on women. But the Saudi monarchy relies on Wahhabi clerics to give religious legitimacy to its rule and is deeply reluctant to defy their entrenched power.

PropellerAds

It truly saddens me the land of Muhammad (PBUH) be reduced to such corruption. The king himself is treated like a prophet. Istagferallah.

I have not read the article because for me it's not an issue. I am a female although my profile says male due to protection. The king is a ruler and I see many do not like him. Whatever the case, he doesn't seem such a terrible ruler. That women are not allowed to drive is something said by some of their scholars because it is not safe dor women to drive. I live in US and I do not feel safe enough to drive plus it is complicated to ger the driver's license and all that, pay for insurance etc.. [ I still feel like a teenager]. I wish we had such a law in US.

In foreign lands, we should drive only when necessary, for a good purpose. Going out just to get a stroll, well, getting a stroll is something that originates from prostitudes, so they get seen by men, but Alah, azz w ajall, knows best.

P.S I am not that pious due to necessary circumstances.

Edited by Orthodox

.... I live in US and I do not feel safe enough to drive

STOP. PLEASE !! That's YOUR mental infirmity. Tens of millions of women drive with no ill effects in the U.S. every day. 'Western' women HATE women like you !! You are weak !! :sl:

plus it is complicated to ger the driver's license and all that, pay for insurance etc.. [ I still feel like a teenager].

COP OUT !!! Keep telling yourself that. :sl:

I wish we had such a law in US.

We don't want stupid stuff like Saudi 'islamic' based crap. Move over there if that's what you want. People here will want to throw your ###### out of the U.S. if you keep talking smack like that !! I KNOW I will !! In a New York minute !!! :no:

STOP. PLEASE !! That's YOUR mental infirmity. Tens of millions of women drive with no ill effects in the U.S. every day. 'Western' women HATE women like you !! You are weak !!

Do not compare the women in West to women in KSA ! It's not that they cannot drive, it is called modesty and keeping women from bad influences, waste of time, etc... Some women just drive to have fun and to cause attention.

'Western' women HATE women like you !! You are weak !!
Really, alhamdullillah I was breast fed while a child and ate healhy food. The children and even teenagers of US are short, weak and always have to see the doctor. Most o fyou people ar eunhealhy and the children in elementary are full of drugs their psychologists give them.

I am weak, you do not even know who I am. :sl: Most Muslims call me a brother and its not that I look like one. P.S. On internet as I do stay home :sl:

We don't want stupid stuff like Saudi 'islamic' based crap. Move over there if that's what you want. People here will want to throw your ###### out of the U.S. if you keep talking smack like that !! I KNOW I will !! In a New York minute !

You're a Jew, wy do you feel welcomed in US? I can go to any part of the world, South America, Middle East, Bosnia, I fit in all those, and inshAllah I am leaving this cursed place.

I will make it to KSA!

Edited by Orthodox

... It's not that they cannot drive, it is called modesty and keeping women from bad influences, waste of time, etc...

You have been brainwashed very well to believe that garbage.

Really, alhamdullillah I was breast fed while a child and ate healhy food. The children and even teenagers of US are short, weak and always have to see the doctor. Most o fyou people ar eunhealhy and the children in elementary are full of drugs their psychologists give them.

You are nuts !! What propaganda machine fills your empty head with such nonsense ?

Most Muslims call me a brother and its not that I look like one.

I bet. :sl:

You're a Jew, wy do you feel welcomed in US?

We run the place, remember. That's what all the stupid muslim propaganda that is drilled into you dumb head says. HAHAHAHAHAHA !!! You and your kind don't deserve to live in a great nation like the U.S.A. You should be driven out of the country like rats are driven from an infested building. Go to K.S.A. and get beat by the virtue police for showing a bit of hair, or looking at a male stranger. 'VIRTUE POLICE' ? HAHAHAHAHA !!!What the hell is that about ?

O, now this is getting personal. First of all, I am not stupid. Once I started learning Islam I knew what it teaches. It is all clearly stated in text and from there I followed what I chose a few years back. I was raised in a strict family who do not believe that women should be out,and tey are not Arabs, especially out alone. However, I went to your damn schools that always brainwash others with nonsense. Do you want to know what your teachers teach? They place gay men in women dresses with makeup and lecture us about diversity.

Please. I've seen enough of you people. Maybe we are the ones who run this place. I was with these believes since I was born and hey my family is nothing like me :sl:

Don't forget that your people also live in our countries and that you people need us.

What I believe has nothing to do with others brainwashing me. In fact, I was searching for what I already believed in. I can paste you threads with a different account started three or four years ago, and I can prove to you that I believed the same.

Who brainwashed me? And if I got brainwashed, I asked for it. From here on, you should be careful how and with whom you are talking to. Interpret this as you wish.

Also, I know many organizations run by th eJews. We might now eachother :sl: I might have been a "rat."

Unfortunately, did not cover at that time. Juat that. Who are you? I can easily find out. I might be CIA too :no:

Edited by Orthodox

Her kind doesn't deserve to live in the USA? Driven out like rats? She's weak? Honestly, how disrespectful of you 2tap. Glad you changed your status to Non-Religion cause you don't sound like any true respectful Jew.

Her kind doesn't deserve to live in the USA? Driven out like rats? She's weak? Honestly, how disrespectful of you 2tap. Glad you changed your status to Non-Religion cause you don't sound like any true respectful Jew.

:sl: Respected brother, you do not know me either. I am not the type who was raised in a religious family and my reputation is not that clean either. Anyhow, things always get personal with me. Both of us were two sided and I owuld like to ask him for forgivness as well as anyone else I annoyed.

What he sounded like to me is someone who loves wealth a little too much and that is not why anyone has come to America, well I didn't. But Allah, azz wa jall, knows best.

The reason I am making this post is because I really am not desrving that respect you've showed, :sl:

Please do not respond so it doesn't lead to affection that can grow and that's when opposite genders get in trouble.