Islamic Forum
Joker37

Will Jews And Christians Go To Hell In The Afterlife?

I know that some Muslims will go to Hell for a period of time but the general consensus seems to be that eventually after the bad one's have been punished all Muslims will go to Heaven. But what about the people of the book? Will they go to Hell first in the Hereafter and then Heaven one day?

I heard that in the Koran it says that they will go to Heaven? Is this true?

But I've also heard people saying that only Muslims go to Heaven?

Anybody care to clear these misconceptions? Will any Jews and Christians go to Heaven or won't they?

Who's right?

PropellerAds

:sl:

Believing in all of the Messengers of Allah, as well as all of the revelations, is a requirement for entering Jannah.

Say (O Muhammad): “Obey Allah and the Messenger.†But if they turn away, then Allah does not like the disbelievers.†[3:32]

Abu Hurairah (r.a.) narrated that Allâh’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) said, “By Him in Whose Hand is the life of Muhammad, he amongst the community of Jews or Christians hears about me; but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sent (i.e., Islâm) and dies in his state (of disbelief), he shall be but one of the denizens of Hell-Fire.†[Muslim 1/ 284]

Those Jews and Christians who followed their respective Prophets (pbut) will go to Paradise. I'll give examples. Those who believed Moses (pbuh), those who followed Joshua (pbuh), those who followed David (pbuh) etc. will go to Paradise. However, a Jew who denied Jesus (pbuh) when he came will go to Hell. Similarly those Jews who rejected and killed Prophets (pbut) that preceeded Jesus (pbuh) will go to Hell. Those Christians who followed Jesus' (pbuh) original teachings will go to Paradise. However, even if a Jew or Christian was following excactly what their Prophets (pbut) and yet they denied Muhammad (pbuh) they would go to Hell. Then there is another category who haven't been exposed to Islam. These people most likely will tested by God on the Day of Judgement. He will take a covenant from them and will ask them to enter Hell. Whoever enters will find it safe and cool and will enter Paradise. Whoever doesn't will be thrown into Hell.

I hope this makes sense. If you have further questions, just ask.

Those Jews and Christians who followed their respective Prophets (pbut) will go to Paradise. I'll give examples. Those who believed Moses (pbuh), those who followed Joshua (pbuh), those who followed David (pbuh) etc. will go to Paradise. However, a Jew who denied Jesus (pbuh) when he came will go to Hell. Similarly those Jews who rejected and killed Prophets (pbut) that preceeded Jesus (pbuh) will go to Hell. Those Christians who followed Jesus' (pbuh) original teachings will go to Paradise. However, even if a Jew or Christian was following excactly what their Prophets (pbut) and yet they denied Muhammad (pbuh) they would go to Hell. Then there is another category who haven't been exposed to Islam. These people most likely will tested by God on the Day of Judgement. He will take a covenant from them and will ask them to enter Hell. Whoever enters will find it safe and cool and will enter Paradise. Whoever doesn't will be thrown into Hell.

I hope this makes sense. If you have further questions, just ask.

What about those Christians today who follow the teachings of the corrupted Bible however are unaware that it did get corrupted?

Do these people pay for the sins of their ancestors (i.e. for allowing it to get corrupted in the first place)?

What about those Christians today who follow the teachings of the corrupted Bible however are unaware that it did get corrupted?

Do these people pay for the sins of their ancestors (i.e. for allowing it to get corrupted in the first place)?

sticky questions i must say. dont think no christian wanna say hes unaware if the bible were to get corrupted not in this socalled high tech age. :sl:

If they are exposed to the Truth (Islam), then, yes, they will be punished just like all the disbelievers.

However, if they aren't exposed to the Truth (Islam) and nobody came to correct them, then on the Day of Judgement God will take a covenant from them and they will agree to obey Him. God will then ask them to enter Hell. If a person does so, he will find Hell safe and cool and the fire won't harm him and he will be admitted straight into Paradise after that brief test. If he doesn't, God will tell him that he disobeyed Him in His presence, so he definately would not have obeyed Him in His absence when He sent His Messengers (pbut).

I hope that explains it.

I know that some Muslims will go to Hell for a period of time but the general consensus seems to be that eventually after the bad one's have been punished all Muslims will go to Heaven. But what about the people of the book? Will they go to Hell first in the Hereafter and then Heaven one day?

it says in surah al baqarah 217, at the end of the verse, "they will abide therein eternally." I'm guessing there is no period of time one stays in hell until they are brought up to paradise. I guess once you go down, that's that

it says in surah al baqarah 217, at the end of the verse, "they will abide therein eternally." I'm guessing there is no period of time one stays in hell until they are brought up to paradise. I guess once you go down, that's that

That verse refers to the disbelievers:

And if any of you Turn back from their faith and die in unbelief, their works will bear no fruit in this life and in the Hereafter; they will be companions of the Fire and will abide therein.

Not all of the Muslims will immediately/automatically enter Paradise. They might be punished in Hellfire to atone for their sins, if Allah choses not to forgive them. The proof of it is in this verse:

“Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with Him (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He wills…â€[4:48]

Allah does not forgive Shirk, which is associating partners with Allah, IF a person dies without repenting for it. But if a person, a believer, dies after they have done any other sin without repenting, then Allah might choose to forgive them or punish them temporarily.

Salam.

Salaam brothers and sisters, 

I am an Atheist and I proud it

I have several questions 

What is the difference between Hell and Heaven ?

Is hell a happy place ?  :lol:

I think Jews will dance and sing in Hell forever In The Afterlife

May Allah guide us  :rolleyes:

Freak, Every time I meet an atheist I hold out high hopes for him. I keep thinking, maybe this one will be an exception. Maybe this one will act like a grown-up and not mock us and act all ####y and insulting, or at even outwardly kind but still somehow elitist. And each time my hopes get crushed. Congratulations: you actually crushed them with the very first conversation I saw you participate in. I wonder how long it will be before you start comparing God to Santa Claus.

• Like 1

Anyway, it all boils down to whether someone meets the full definition of kafir as "one who holds the truth within his heart. We are judged for our efforts in this life, not for our successes.

• Like 1

[at]Freak
Dance in hell? maybe.. after all, the ground will be too hot to stand still. But sing?, I don't think so, one would be too busy crying and screaming.

1 You should believe there is NO NO NO God except Allah 

2 You should believe in Prophet Muhammed and his teachings

3 You should believe that Moses, Jesus and all other Prophets are Messengers of Islam ONLY. 

-Anyone believing all 3 goes to Heaven, anyone believing all 3 but making sins will go to Hell and then to Heaven.

-Anyone disbelieving even one of the above, the Hell Gates are open.

Edited by infogirl
  • Like 1

anyone believing all 3 but making sins will go to Hell and then to Heaven.

As-salamu 'alaikum

Unless Allah decides to have mercy upon him.

• Like 1

ya I agree, :-)