Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AsadullahHamza

Leave Yourself And Come

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

One time Bayazid said, "Allah the Most Just called me into His Presence and said to me, 'O Bayazid how did you arrive in My Presence?' I replied, 'Through zuhd, by renouncing the world.' He said, 'The value of the lower world is like the wing of a mosquito. What kind of renunciation have you come with?' I said, 'O Allah, forgive me.' Then I said, 'O Allah, I came to you through tawakkul, by dependence on You.' Then He said, 'Did I ever betray the trust which I promised you?' I said, 'O Allah forgive me.' Then I said, 'O Allah, I came to you through You.' At that time Allah said, 'Now We accept you.'"

He said, "I stood with the pious and I didn't find any progress with them. I stood with the warriors in the cause and I didn't find a single step of progress with them. I stood with those who pray excessively and those who fast excessively and I didn't make a footstep of progress. Then I said, 'O Allah, what is the way to You?' and Allah said, 'Leave yourself and come.'"

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi,

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

Walaikumussalam warahmathullahi wa barakathuhu

I really wish you would mention the back story/Prologue or something to the extracts you post. Its hard to understand for an ordinary person like me.

Who is Bayazid?

Is this a dream?

Im really sorry for disrupting the mood of this message,but I m a detail lover.

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

JazakAllah for once again pointing out this shortcoming; I will try to be mindful henceforth, inshallah. :sl:

Who is Bayazid?

Bayazid Bastami is one of the foremost mystics of Islam, and about him it is written in Kash al-Mahjub: He is the greatest of the Shaykhs in state and dignity, so that Junayd said: “Abu Yazid holds the same rank among us as Gabriel among the angels.†(Junayd = Junayd Baghdadi).

Is this a dream?

One time Bayazid said, "Allah the Most Just called me into His Presence and said to me, 'O Bayazid how did you arrive in My Presence?' I replied, 'Through zuhd, by renouncing the world.' He said, 'The value of the lower world is like the wing of a mosquito. What kind of renunciation have you come with?' I said, 'O Allah, forgive me.' Then I said, 'O Allah, I came to you through tawakkul, by dependence on You.' Then He said, 'Did I ever betray the trust which I promised you?' I said, 'O Allah forgive me.' Then I said, 'O Allah, I came to you through You.' At that time Allah said, 'Now We accept you.'"

This is, I believe, a mystical experience.

He said, "I stood with the pious and I didn't find any progress with them. I stood with the warriors in the cause and I didn't find a single step of progress with them. I stood with those who pray excessively and those who fast excessively and I didn't make a footstep of progress. Then I said, 'O Allah, what is the way to You?' and Allah said, 'Leave yourself and come.'"

The Prophet (sAahwaah) informed his companions that there will be such whose salaat and sawm will make their own (salaat and sawm) look insignificant, yet they would pass through Islam as an arrow passes through its prey. On the other hand, I have read that the lovers of Allah strive for their innermost state to be in accordance with their outermost state.

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi,

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

brother....the font color nd font itself is visually diffcult to read...

This is, I believe, a mystical experience.

May be the pauses were unintentional....

I've decided not to talk of things I m not knowledgeable about.

Edited by In War with me

aakwrAllahwbHu

asifsabir says:

brother....the font color nd font itself is visually diffcult to read...

I will try to fix the color difficulty, my respected brother; I hope you will excuse the font face. JazakAllah.

Sister In War with me says:

May be the pauses were unintentional....

I often punctuate my statements with "I believe" and "according to me" and the likes.

I've decided not to talk of things I m not knowledgeable about.

May Allah AWJ accept and reward your decision, my dear sister. :sl:

Take care, the two of you.

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aaalmeen.

so this ba yazid bastami can he do something about the weather here in lahore

its too humid

if he cant

and i am sure he cant

then our discussion is of one unlike us

since we are flesh and blood and know not what next

while the gent we discuss is long gone

by the way

the worshipping crowd

the warring mujahideen

the learning lot

those guys must have been communist converts to Islam

i can bet on that

i know so becuase i have

seen uzbeks celebrating eid with vodka right after the eid prayers

oh and that is on today too

ba yazid bastami sleep well brother

we will be joining you soon

salaam

aakwrAllahwbHu

so this ba yazid bastami can he do something about the weather here in lahore

its too humid

if he cant

and i am sure he cant

then our discussion is of one unlike us

Can we say "ba" against the Will of God? We know that we can't. Our discussions are either us or they are not us.

since we are flesh and blood and know not what next

while the gent we discuss is long gone

by the way

the worshipping crowd

the warring mujahideen

the learning lot

those guys must have been communist converts to Islam

i can bet on that

i know so becuase i have

seen uzbeks celebrating eid with vodka right after the eid prayers

oh and that is on today too

When eyes are turned away, the heart sees.

When lower is stilled, the higher stirs.

When self is lost, God is found.

ba yazid bastami sleep well brother

we will be joining you soon

Mashallah (what Allah Wills), my respected brother.

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen.