Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tonnyj

Muslims Are Gentiles?

Okay so doesn't Jesus at one point in his life say, 'He did not come for the Gentiles, but the lost sheep of israel?' Aren't Muslim's non Jewish? So how Jesus preach for Muslims if they are considered Gentiles?

PropellerAds
Okay so doesn't Jesus at one point in his life say, 'He did not come for the Gentiles, but the lost sheep of israel?' Aren't Muslim's non Jewish? So how Jesus preach for Muslims if they are considered Gentiles?

That is a quote from the NT which isn't considered reliable. However, it is confirmed in the Qur'an that Jesus (pbuh) came to the children of israel as opposed to the whole world like Muhammad (pbuh). When Jesus (pbuh) returns, he will follow what Muhammad (pbuh) brought. It is sort of like the case with the Torah. All the Jewish Prophets (pbut) used to follow what Moses (pbuh) brought. In fact, were the all the Prophets (pbut) to live now they would have to follow the Law revealed to Muhammad (pbuhh). Even that NT isn't in contradiction with Islam because everything has a context, so you can't just take something out of context and apply it to a totally different context, i.e. yes, Jesus (pbuh) main mission was 2000 or so years ago exclusively towards the children of israel but when he returns he will follow Muhammad's (pbuh) Law and he will the ruler of the whole earth. Totally different contexts.

That is a quote from the NT which isn't considered reliable. However, it is confirmed in the Qur'an that Jesus (pbuh) came to the children of israel as opposed to the whole world like Muhammad (pbuh). When Jesus (pbuh) returns, he will follow what Muhammad (pbuh) brought. It is sort of like the case with the Torah. All the Jewish Prophets (pbut) used to follow what Moses (pbuh) brought. In fact, were the all the Prophets (pbut) to live now they would have to follow the Law revealed to Muhammad (pbuhh). Even that NT isn't in contradiction with Islam because everything has a context, so you can't just take something out of context and apply it to a totally different context, i.e. yes, Jesus (pbuh) main mission was 2000 or so years ago exclusively towards the children of israel but when he returns he will follow Muhammad's (pbuh) Law and he will the ruler of the whole earth. Totally different contexts.

Is it because Quran has scriptures of this unity? if so where does it say so which nullifies Jesus' objective to return only for the children of israel?

Is it because Quran has scriptures of this unity? if so where does it say so which nullifies Jesus' objective to return only for the children of israel?

I didn't understand your first question.

The Prophet (pbuh) told that Jesus (pbuh) will return as a a leader. Jesus (pbuh) never said that he will return only to the children of israel. He was sent to them 2000 years ago, when he returns it will be a different scenario.

What I'm trying to say is, is there any verses in the Quran supporting that Jesus was not only sent to the children of israel? That it lies in conformity with what Muhammad preached. (salvation for Jews and Gentiles)

So if Jesus says he came for only israel (quoted somewhere in bible. and quran?) where would it say that Jesus is coming back for not only israel, but for the Gentiles as well?

Technically your Question is wrong , its the Christians who are gentiles and not the Muslims since they are the ones who believe that Jesus is their lord and savior where as Muslims follow prophet Muhammad :sl: and Jesus (Isa) is a prophet like all other prophets .

Get it ?

Technically your Question is wrong , its the Christians who are gentiles and not the Muslims since they are the ones who believe that Jesus is their lord and savior where as Muslims follow prophet Muhammad s.gif and Jesus (Isa) is a prophet like all other prophets .

Get it ?

If your Christian and you consider Jesus your lord, doesn't that mean you are not a Gentile? Gentiles are considered anyone other than israelite, correct? I don't see how technically Islam falls under israelite. The israel are the Hebrews, Islam are the Arabs. (when it originated) So If Jesus came back for the lost sheep of israel. Where is it otherwise stated that he did not just come for the israelite or is coming back for them, but for all of mankind?

okay so how come Jesus is tied to Muhammad if Muhammad is a Gentile? I understand that muslims believe that Jesus prophesy about Muhammad according to the Quran. But we must see that Jesus was Jewish. If he came for to claim salvation to the israelite and not the Gentile with his own words. Where now does it say he came for the Gentiles?(muslim, australian, america, etc.)

More wrong Questions , we believe Jesus was sent only to his nation where as Muhammad :sl: was sent to all of mankind , Jesus a.s. was Just a normal prophet like all other prophet while Muhammad was the seal and final messenger . :sl:

So Gentiles dont fit in with Muslims period .

If you asked a question like , are Anglo Saxons - or Hispanic Americans Jews then you can get an Answer no they are gentiles .

Get it ?

Firstly, Islam and Muslims don't have a world view where we categorize people in terms of Jews and Gentiles. That's a Judeo-Christian worldview.

Jesus (pbuh) was sent specifically to the children of israel just as the rest of the Prophets (pbut) of the children of israel. Then there are other Prophets, non-israelites, (pbut) who were sent only to their people like Hud, Salih, Shuaib (pbut). Hud, Salih and Shuaib (pbut) were sent to the people of Ad, the people of Thamud and to Madyan respectively, but it doesn't mean that they preached that salvation was only for Ad, Thamud or Madyan. It means that their mission was specifically to their people just like Jesus' (pbuh). He didn't preach that salvation is only for the Jews. He was just specifically sent to them while Muhammad (pbuh) was sent to the whole mankind (including Jinnkind). In fact, all the Prophets (pbut) except Muhammad (pbuh) were sent to specific people only.

Like I said, the NT is not an authority. We don't consider it reliable and it seems to me that you don't consider reliable, either, so it is useless to speak of Jesus (pbuh) saying something "with his own words" as you put it.

The Islamic stance is clear though. All the previous Prophets, even non-israelite Prophets (pbut), were sent specifically to their own people while the last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sent to the whole mankind and Jinnkind. The fact that the previous Prophets (pbut) were only sent to specific people doesn't mean that they preached that salvation was only for them. The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said that Jesus (pbuh) will return and he will be a leader of the Muslims. That is not in contadiction with the fact that he was sent 2000 years for the children of israel.

okay so how come Jesus is tied to Muhammad if Muhammad is a Gentile? I understand that muslims believe that Jesus prophesy about Muhammad according to the Quran. But we must see that Jesus was Jewish. If he came for to claim salvation to the israelite and not the Gentile with his own words. Where now does it say he came for the Gentiles?(muslim, australian, america, etc.)

He was sent as the Messenger for the Children of israel. He will return as the leader of all Muslims. Mind you, we believe that Jesus was a Muslim - not in the sense that he followed the law of prophet Muhammad, but that he submitted to God and that's what "Muslim" linguistically means.

Salam.

Okay maybe I follow you. Since Muslims come from the blood line of Ishmael I believe. Which is the son of Abraham. So jinnkind is also waiting for Jesus? The souls we don't see are also trying to worship God just like humans?

Okay maybe I follow you. Since Muslims come from the blood line of Ishmael I believe. Which is the son of Abraham. So jinnkind is also waiting for Jesus? The souls we don't see are also trying to worship God just like humans?

Gentiles is a biblical term and has nothing to do with Islam. Islam is submitting your will to the will of God and the one who does that is a muslim. A person is either Muslim or a non muslim, the only thing that separates a Muslim from another muslim is his level of piety.

Not all Muslims come from the lineage of Ismael and Abrahahm (pbut). In fact, most don't. Only Arabs do. The majority of Muslims aren't Arabs. Anyway, Islam looks beyond lineage. The Prophet (pbuh) said that all mankind is from Adam (pbuh) and Adam (pbuh) was created from dust, i.e. lineage is not of great importance in the grand scheme of things. Salvation is not only for the children of Abraham (pbuh) or people of a specific lineage.

Jinn are like people. They have good people, i.e. Muslims, and bad people, i.e. Satans who are the most vicious and members who follow other false religions.

In Islam, we aren't really waiting for Jesus (pbuh) like the Christians and the Jews wait for the Messiah.

but your waiting for Jesus to come back before the day of judgement right?

Coming of Jesus pbuh is a sign of the approaching of the day of judgement. The hadeeths concerning his arrival and what will happen are vry interesting.

Yes, but I said we aren't waiting like the Jews and the Christians. For example, Jews have a prayer where they ask God to hasten the arrival of the Messiah - they say this prayer three times a day during their canonical prayers. We don't wait for him in that manner. I hope you understand my point.

Jesus Second coming in Islam , means that he will implement what Muhammad :sl: The Final and seal of prophets came with .

He is not coming with something new .

Alaihis salaam.

young man

tonnyj

the significance of eisaa alaih assalaat vassalaam(you refer to as jesus) coming back

by the muslim point of view:

1- to live a married life as a normal man does

since he was born by Allah's verbal command to mary(without a biological father's role in his birth) since the jews twisted his origin slandering his mother mary alaiha assalaat wassalaam

and to prove to the christians and jews that he/jesus

is a normal slave of Allah and not an offspring of Allah

2- it was his own wish to be allowed living as a follower of the last arab prophet, so jesus(as u call him) will be granted that wish to live as a follower of muhammad alaih v ala al-anbiaa assalaat vassalaam

3- since his appearance again will be a global landmark for all human knowledge, the holy prophet muhammad foretold that jesus' arrival will signify the imminence of the dooms day

4-the antichrist/dajjaal who will be impostering jesus and ruling over humanity with the assistance of jews, will then be proved wrong and killed by jesus' own hands near a city of present day israel/palestine

this is all that his arrival will mean

he will not add anything to the laws for living revealed to muhammad

nor will he cause any change in the code for living as ordered through Allah's speech/quran