Islamic Forum
mrhyder

Stop Islamophobia

PropellerAds

The only way to stop Islamophobia is for Muslims to stand up against people like Robert Spencer and Geert Wilders and start rebutting what they're saying.

Muslims should tell everyone what Islam really is and what it represents. Until this happens, Islamophobia will always be present, the problem won't just disappear on it's own no matter how much you want to or how hard you pray. Muslims have to work hard for Islamophobia to go away.

Muslims should tell everyone what Islam really is and what it represents.

I agree.

But words need to be turned into action also.

What do Robert Spencer and Geert Wilders say that isnt true and needs rebuttal?

Some examples maybe?

I agree.

But words need to be turned into action also.

Couldn't of said it better.

i am interested in knowing what Islam really represents, what can be said to help make Islamophobia go away, and what actions can be taken??

I agree many people fear Islam. I think they confuse it also with culture. I don't think people hate so much what Islam actualy is. They fear what they think it is.

The West fears that which is different. When I moved to England from the UAE years ago everyone thought I was a terrorist. It didn't help that it was so soon after 9/11. We need to show them that Islamic culture and beliefs encourage peace and co-operation, rather than what they have seen of terrorists.

Propaganda is widespread in this world today. This propaganda is used against all religions. There is a war between religion and non-religion.

I believe that human beings of all backgrounds instinctively believe that Islam is the correct faith, because every human being is born with Islam on Fitrah. Due to the reason they instinctively believe in Islam they instinctively expect Muslims to represent Islam in the right manner.

This could be the reason that they have double standard towards Muslims when it comes to the same deeds and actions.

In other cases it is just the proof they don't have any arguments against Islam, but the only thing that they can use is force and senseless hatemongery. They are the modern Abu Lahabs.

We need to educated people about Islam through lectures, actions, workshops, and other methods. I know from our community that as soon Islamophobia leaves the hearts of people they show interest in Islam and choose to submit to the Will of Allah and follow the example of the Prophet. Islamophobia is mostly the only barrier that hold people away from accepting/embracing Islam. If the curtain of Islamophobia is lifted they come to Islam and embrace Islam.

Let's educate the people about the Life of the Prophet and the Sahaba.They are the rolemodels.

Edited by Yusha

Propaganda is widespread in this world today. This propaganda is used against all religions. There is a war between religion and non-religion.

I believe that human beings of all backgrounds instinctively believe that Islam is the correct faith, because every human being is born with Islam on Fitrah. Due to the reason they instinctively believe in Islam they instinctively expect Muslims to represent Islam in the right manner.

This could be the reason that they have double standard towards Muslims when it comes to the same deeds and actions.

In other cases it is just the proof they don't have any arguments against Islam, but the only thing that they can use is force and senseless hatemongery. They are the modern Abu Lahabs.

We need to educated people about Islam through lectures, actions, workshops, and other methods. I know from our community that as soon Islamophobia leaves the hearts of people they show interest in Islam and choose to submit to the Will of Allah and follow the example of the Prophet. Islamophobia is mostly the only barrier that hold people away from accepting/embracing Islam. If the curtain of Islamophobia is lifted they come to Islam and embrace Islam.

Let's educate the people about the Life of the Prophet and the Sahaba.They are the rolemodels.

I have to disagree with you on your point that all people instinctively know that Islam is the correct faith. If that was true, then 6 billion out of 7 billion people who are not Muslim would embrace Islam. Really. The problem with Islam in the west is your religion is centred in the arab world. The values of that world are far from our values. It is very foreign to us. Some Muslims take advantage of our liberal democracies. Some Imams preach our destruction in Masjids-not all, but some. Some Muslims call for the death of people who they feel insults them. Kurt Wilders of Holland has a very good reason to be concerned, but I think that his solutions are radical. But, thats his country, not mine. I speak to many people of all faiths and most say Islam concerns them . There are moderate Muslims in Canada, such as Tarek Fatah of the Canadian Muslim Congress, who consistantly warns us of the radicalization of our youth in some Canadian Masjids. He has had death threats of course. We don't deal with perceived insults that way. We see Muslim rage in poor countries, where the poor and uneducated mob is whipped into a frenzy and we ask ourselves: why is our government allowing that type of mindset into our land. Remember, this society, our society was built on Christian/Judeo values. Some Islamic values that may be cultural, don't fit in well here. Muslims from all over the world want to come here. Respect who we are and try to fit in and you'll be respected back. Ask yourselves, why do we really have very few issues with any other religion? Many Muslims in Canada fit in well, but others keep making demands and straining our goodwill. It is important that all moderate, peace loving Muslims, (and there are millions of you) stand side by side with us and fully denounce the radicalization of your religion. Don't just put your head in the sand and say"Islam is peace". Prove it. We rarely feel you are on our side. Your religion deserves no special place in our society, but will be honoured amongst all the others, including the dominant Christian religion if we feel comfortable with you. It is up to you to extend the hand when you immigrate to our lands. We have given plenty here. Remember, the radicals kill mmore muslims than any one else. Do not take this as condescending, but a statement that reflects many personal conversations, observations and media presentations in this country as well as many other western nations. We would rather have Islam as a freind. Too many don't see it that way.

I have to disagree with you on your point that all people instinctively know that Islam is the correct faith. If that was true, then 6 billion out of 7 billion people who are not Muslim would embrace Islam. Really. The problem with Islam in the west is your religion is centred in the arab world. The values of that world are far from our values. It is very foreign to us. Some Muslims take advantage of our liberal democracies. Some Imams preach our destruction in Masjids-not all, but some. Some Muslims call for the death of people who they feel insults them. Kurt Wilders of Holland has a very good reason to be concerned, but I think that his solutions are radical. But, thats his country, not mine. I speak to many people of all faiths and most say Islam concerns them . There are moderate Muslims in Canada, such as Tarek Fatah of the Canadian Muslim Congress, who consistantly warns us of the radicalization of our youth in some Canadian Masjids. He has had death threats of course. We don't deal with perceived insults that way. We see Muslim rage in poor countries, where the poor and uneducated mob is whipped into a frenzy and we ask ourselves: why is our government allowing that type of mindset into our land. Remember, this society, our society was built on Christian/Judeo values. Some Islamic values that may be cultural, don't fit in well here. Muslims from all over the world want to come here. Respect who we are and try to fit in and you'll be respected back. Ask yourselves, why do we really have very few issues with any other religion? Many Muslims in Canada fit in well, but others keep making demands and straining our goodwill. It is important that all moderate, peace loving Muslims, (and there are millions of you) stand side by side with us and fully denounce the radicalization of your religion. Don't just put your head in the sand and say"Islam is peace". Prove it. We rarely feel you are on our side. Your religion deserves no special place in our society, but will be honoured amongst all the others, including the dominant Christian religion if we feel comfortable with you. It is up to you to extend the hand when you immigrate to our lands. We have given plenty here. Remember, the radicals kill mmore muslims than any one else. Do not take this as condescending, but a statement that reflects many personal conversations, observations and media presentations in this country as well as many other western nations. We would rather have Islam as a freind. Too many don't see it that way.

I very thoughtful post, I'd agree.

The thing is, I for one am not convinced that our western civilisation is not in decline, through our decadence, immorality and corruption etc. Just as other great civilisations have come and gone: Andean, the Incas, Greeks, Romans and Egyptians. there are some pretty smart Muslims out there who have cottoned on to this and they hope and believe that 'Their day will come'. Hence the perceived antagonism between a lot of them and 'us'. Mankind is always changing, in spite of what anti-evolutionists seem to think.

Regards,

Ron

I very thoughtful post, I'd agree.

The thing is, I for one am not convinced that our western civilisation is not in decline, through our decadence, immorality and corruption etc. Just as other great civilisations have come and gone: Andean, the Incas, Greeks, Romans and Egyptians. there are some pretty smart Muslims out there who have cottoned on to this and they hope and believe that 'Their day will come'. Hence the perceived antagonism between a lot of them and 'us'. Mankind is always changing, in spite of what anti-evolutionists seem to think.

Regards,

Ron

I agree with you Ron. western civilization is in decline. No doubt. You are right that some astute Islamists have figured this out. We will get past the blinding and crippling political correctness that stifles free speech and reclaim our society, which is generous and fair. Islam will not take over though. Don't forget the rise of Christianity in the eastern asian world and the rise of India, which is mostly Hindhu. Why do you speak out against Islam at times, when you are Muslim? Also, I have noticed that my posts are being pulled off the 'latest posts' area, very quickly. I think I'm being punished for speaking my mind. I'll never stop doing that.