Islamic Forum
Ron Shirt

The Moderate Religion?

Well, if you are serious, I can say that I definately didn't expect that.

PropellerAds
I'm sorry I assumed that we were using words which are more or less commonly used in the English language. But I agree that it is important to have a fairly precise understanding of the terms being used in an argument.

I am most certainly not playing word games. You say I am using 'subjective' terms. Well, couldn't you say that about any words that refer to human society. or emotions? I am assuming one's common humanity as a basis for understanding such words.

Obviously to the 'gentleman' who believes in severing a thief's hand considers that to be a 'moderate' punishment. Compared with what? Disemboweling? Being boiled alive?

I would beg to differ and suggest that these forms of punishment are almost universally considered - at least in the so called civilised world - to be barbaric.

What I was trying to do was to move any 'discussion' round to the point where it must be accepted that humanity is simply not the same as it was thousands of years ago. One has every right to argue that is is essentially unchanged, of course. Thats what moderation and tolerance is. But quite honestly I seem to find precious little of those things here.

As soon as people feel threatened in any way, then they react. They tend to identify with their beliefs, to the extent that they ARE their beliefs.

And that my friend is the sorry state of affairs in this miserable little world.

kb

My argument is not about Islamic Law and legal discourse. I said that Islam is a religion of moderation because it gives us a means to worship Allah, for which we were created, without risk of injury or harm to ourselves and to others. Be it through neglect or too much of worship. Criminal punishment is a reaction to an individual's lack of moderation.

Salam.

The future sounds promising :sl:

I have to say that it doesn't sound very enticing. But I expect we will survive somehow, as a species, unless someone uses large quantities of nuclear weaponary.

KB

Yes, it is in the Hadith. The dog's saliva is unclean, therefore, coming into contact with it makes you unclean. That's what God has decided. This should be easy for you to understand, considering that you are from a Judeo-Christian background. Read up the Old Testament and you'll see many laws about uncleanliness regarding animals.

No it is not easy to understand. I'm a little rusty on my Lavitical law. Not that we are required to live by lavitical law. I'm what would of been a Gentile. That is for a different thread tough. Do you care to adress the rest of what I asked about dogs?

Keeping a dog, touching it and kissing it

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Islam forbids Muslims to keep dogs, and the punishment for that is that the one who does that loses one or two qiraats from his hasanaat (good deeds) each day. An exception has been made in the case of keeping dogs for hunting, guarding livestock and guarding crops.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever keeps a dog, except a dog for herding, hunting or farming, one qiraat will be deducted from his reward each day.” Narrated by Muslim, 1575.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever keeps a dog, except a dog for herding livestock or a dog that is trained for hunting, two qiraats will be deducted from his reward each day.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5163; Muslim, 1574.

Is it permissible to keep a dog to guard houses?

Al-Nawawi said:

There is a difference of opinion as to whether it is permissible to keep dogs for purposes other than these three, such as for guarding houses and roads. The most correct view is that it is permissible, by analogy with these three and based on the reason that is to be understood from the hadeeth, which is necessity. End quote.

Sharh Muslim, 10/236

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Based on this, if a house is in the middle of the city there is no need to keep a dog to guard it, so keeping a dog for this purpose in such situations is haraam and is not permitted, and it detracts one or two qiraats from a person’s reward every day. They should get rid of this dog and not keep it. But if the house is in the countryside and there is no one else around, then it is permissible to keep a dog to guard the house and the people who are in it; guarding the members of the household is more important than guarding livestock or crops. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 4/246

There are several scholarly views about reconciling the reports which say “one qiraat” and those which say “two qiraats”.

Al-Haafiz al-‘Ayni (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

(a) It may be that they have to do with two types of dogs, one of which could cause more harm than the other.

(b) It was said that “two qiraats” applies in cities and villages, and “one qiraat” applies in the countryside.

© It was said that they were said at two different times – “one qiraat” was mentioned first, then the warning was made more strict and two qiraats were mentioned.

‘Umdat al-Qaari, 12/158.

Secondly:

With regard to the words of the questioner, “keeping a dog is naajis”. This is not exactly correct, because the najaasah (impurity) is not in the dog itself, rather it is in its saliva when it drinks from a vessel. If a person touches a dog or a dog touches him, that does not mean that he has to purify himself, whether with soil or water. But if a dog drinks from his vessel, then he has to throw away the water and wash it seven times with water and the eighth time with soil, if he wants to use it. If he makes it just for the dog then he does not have to purify it.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The purification of the vessel of one of you, if a dog licks it, is to wash it seven times, the first time with soil.” Nararted by Muslim, 279.

And according to another report by Muslim (280): “If a dog licks the vessel of one of you, let him wash it seven times and rub it with soil the eighth time.”

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to dogs, there are three views among the scholars:

1 – That they are taahir (pure), even their saliva. This is the view of Maalik.

2 – That they are naajis (impure), even their hair. This is the view of al-Shaafa’i and is one of the two views narrated from Ahmad.

3 – Their hair is taahir but their saliva is naajis. This is the view of Abu Haneefah and of Ahmad in the other report narrated from him.

This is the most correct view. So if the wetness of the dog’s hair gets onto one’s garment or body, that does not make it naajis. End quote.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/530.

Elsewhere he said:

That is because the basic principle is that substances are taahir, and it is not permissible to regard anything as naajis or haraam without evidence, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, except under compulsion of necessity?”

[al-An’aam 6:119]

“And Allaah will never lead a people astray after He has guided them until He makes clear to them as to what they should avoid”

[al-Tawbah 9:115]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The purification of the vessel of one of you, if a dog licks it, is to wash it seven times, the first time with soil” – and in another hadeeth, “If a dog licks a vessel…” All of the ahaadeeth mention licking only; they do not mention any other part of the dog, regarding them as naajis is based only on analogy.

Moreover, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) granted a concession allowing people to keep dogs for hunting, herding and farming. The one who keeps them must touch the wetness of their hair, just as happens in the case of mules, donkeys, etc. To suggest that their hair is naajis when touching them cannot be avoided could impose undue hardship, which is not what the Lawgiver intended for this ummah.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/217, 218

To be on the safe side it is better, if a person touches a dog and there is something wet on his hand, or if there is something wet on the dog, to wash his hand seven times, one of which should be with soil. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

With regard to touching this dog, if there is no wetness then it does not make the hand naajis, but if he touches it and there is any wetness, then this means that the hand becomes naajis according to the view of many scholars, and the hand must be washed after that seven times, one of which should be with soil. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 11/246.

Thirdly:

With regard to the way in which purification from the najaasah of a dog is to be done, this has been explained in the answer to question no. 41090 and 46314.

What must be done is to wash off the najaasah of a dog seven times, one of which should be with soil. If soil is available then it must be used, and nothing else will do. If no soil is available, then there is nothing wrong with using some other cleaning agent such as soap.

Fourthly:

What the questioner mentions about kissing the dog is something that causes many diseases. The diseases that people may get as the result of going against sharee’ah by kissing dogs or drinking from their vessels before purifying them are many, such as pasturella which is a bacterial disease, the cause of which exists naturally in the respiratory systems of humans and animals, but under certain circumstances this germ can invade the body and cause disease.

Another of these diseases is a parasitic disease that affects the intestines of humans and animals, and usually affects the liver and lungs, the abdominal cavity and the rest of the body.

This disease is caused by tapeworms, which are small worms 2-9 millimeters long, which are formed of three sections, a head and a neck; the head has four suckers.

The adult worms live in the intestines of their hosts, such as dogs, cats, crows and wolves.

This disease is transmitted to human who love dogs, when they kiss them or drink from their vessels.

See: Amraad al-hayawaanaat allati tuseeb al-insaan (Animal diseases that affect humans) by Dr. ‘Ali Ismaa’eel ‘Ubayd al-Snaafi.

Conclusion:

It is not permissible to keep dogs except for hunting or guarding livestock and crops, and it is permissible to keep them for guarding houses so long as that is outside the city and that there is no other means of guarding the house. The Muslim should not imitate the kuffaar by running with the dog or touching its mouth and kissing it, which causes many diseases.

Praise be to Allaah for this pure and perfect sharee’ah, which came to set people’s spiritual and worldly affairs straight, but most people do not realize.

And Allaah knows best.

IslamQA

I don't mean to sound rude here but you have got to be kidding me.? I searched for it in the Quran and could not find anything against dog ownership. So is this in a hadith?

Yes, it is in the Hadiths.

How in the world is a dog unclean?

God has deemed it unclean. For example, in the Pentateuch/the Bible God deems certain animals unclean. You could ask, how in the world are they unclean, but the fact is they are or were. God says that the saliva of a dog renders a person clean. You could ask, how in the world. The answer is that God has said that is one of the things that makes a person unclean, simple as that. There are a lot of laws in the book of Leviticus that talk about things that render a person unclean, for example.

How could this feeble animal stop a powerful angel on a mission from God? What power does this unclean animal have over a angel?

The dog cannot stop an Angel of God. The Angel (pbuh) just won't enter places that contain pictures of living things (because they are unlawful), the dog is an unclean animal, buildings where filth such as drunkness and sexual immoratility takes place, pagan houses etc. The dog is an unclean animal that's why the Angel won't enter such a house, not that the dog scares the Angel or anything; the Angel simply won't enter.

So can a person. Demonic/spirit possesion is not uncommon at all. There is a great spiritual battle in this world. So how would a dog be different than lets say a cat as far as possesion potential be conserned?

I don't know about this. The Jinn can take the forms of dogs and the forms of snakes, i.e. they can transform into these animals. Maybe the fact that they can transform into these animals easily, makes it easier for them to possess them. You should ask mrhyder about this possession thing because I haven't heard of it.

No it is not easy to understand. I'm a little rusty on my Lavitical law. Not that we are required to live by lavitical law. I'm what would of been a Gentile. That is for a different thread tough. Do you care to adress the rest of what I asked about dogs?

Well, maybe it is time to brush up on your Levitical law then. The reasoning is pretty simple. If God says you can't X as a pet and it its saliva renders you ritually impure, then you can't keep it as a pet and can't let its saliva touch you.

God has deemed it unclean. For example, in the Pentateuch/the Bible God deems certain animals unclean. You could ask, how in the world are they unclean, but the fact is they are or were. God says that the saliva of a dog renders a person clean. You could ask, how in the world. The answer is that God has said that is one of the things that makes a person unclean, simple as that. There are a lot of laws in the book of Leviticus that talk about things that render a person unclean, for example.

The dog cannot stop an Angel of God. The Angel (pbuh) just won't enter places that contain pictures of living things (because they are unlawful), the dog is an unclean animal, buildings where filth such as drunkness and sexual immoratility takes place, pagan houses etc. The dog is an unclean animal that's why the Angel won't enter such a house, not that the dog scares the Angel or anything; the Angel simply won't enter.

I don't know about this. The Jinn can take the forms of dogs and the forms of snakes, i.e. they can transform into these animals. Maybe the fact that they can transform into these animals easily, makes it easier for them to possess them. You should ask mrhyder about this possession thing because I haven't heard of it.

Well, maybe it is time to brush up on your Levitical law then. The reasoning is pretty simple. If God says you can't X as a pet and it its saliva renders you ritually impure, then you can't keep it as a pet and can't let its saliva touch you.

Hello,

Surely if this is (only) a Hadith then it does not come directly from the Koran (ie. God's word), isn't this correct?

Secondly, the dog's saliva being unclean or impure. Is this verified by vetenarians or doctors? For example is it considered to be more unclean than any other animal, such as a cat? If so why?

Peace,

kb

Hello,

Surely if this is (only) a Hadith then it does not come directly from the Koran (ie. God's word), isn't this correct?

Secondly, the dog's saliva being unclean or impure. Is this verified by vetenarians or doctors? For example is it considered to be more unclean than any other animal, such as a cat? If so why?

Peace,

kb

Hello,

Hello,

No, it doesn't come from the Qur'an which is the verbatim Word of God. The Qur'an doesn't cover every single Islamic topic, that's why God sent a Messenger to explain and teach additional things instead of dropping a Book from the sky. The Qur'an doesn't detail how to pray, for example, nor does it detail every single that makes you impure and so on; that's found in the Hadiths. It is from the words of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

This has got nothing to do with hygiene or science. It is about ritual impurity. Certain things in Islam make you ritually impure although you could be otherwise perfectly clean. A dog's saliva is considered ritually impure.

Peace,

And upon you

Hi, well as I have gleaned from this forum, Hadiths are sayings attributed to the Prophet and some are stronger than others. So I don't know how strong this particular one would be considered to be. I would guess it depends on someone's opinion.

I really have no idea at all what 'Ritually unclean' might mean. It couldn't be superstition could it? Do Muslims give any credance to the idea of 'superstition', generally I wonder?

peace,

kb

Hi, well as I have gleaned from this forum, Hadiths are sayings attributed to the Prophet and some are stronger than others. So I don't know how strong this particular one would be considered to be. I would guess it depends on someone's opinion.

Islamic law is based on the strong authentic ones. Weak ones can't be used as a basis for law. The ones about dogs are authentic and transmitted from multiple sources.

I really have no idea at all what 'Ritually unclean' might mean. It couldn't be superstition could it? Do Muslims give any credance to the idea of 'superstition', generally I wonder?

No, it has got nothing to do with supersition. Certain things like passings stool, urinating, passing wind, having sexual intercourse, having a wet dream, having blood flow from a wound, menstruating, touching a dog etc. make you ritually impure. To become ritually pure again, you have to do a ritual ablution or a ritual bath. If you can't find water or you are on a travel, then you can use sand. You have to be ritually pure to pray and touch the Qur'an. For example, you could have passed wind but you are otherwise totally, perfectly clean, yet you wouldn't be ritually pure. You could clean urine or any nasty substance extremly well but you would still have to perform ablution before you can pray.

peace,

And upon you

Hi, but I still can't understand why 'touching a dog' would make one 'Ritually unclean' as opposed to touching a cat or some other animal.

I have been to a Masjid (several times!) and undertsand perfectly why one should cleanse oneself beofre prayer. But what's the difference between urinating and touching a dog? One can't avoid either, especially if you are a human being or like dogs.

Do you see?

Shirt

Hi, but I still can't understand why 'touching a dog' would make one 'Ritually unclean' as opposed to touching a cat or some other animal.

I have been to a Masjid (several times!) and undertsand perfectly why one should cleanse oneself beofre prayer. But what's the difference between urinating and touching a dog? One can't avoid either, especially if you are a human being or like dogs.

God has decided that a dog's saliva renders you ritually impure. God is the legislator and He makes the rules. If you are looking for a scientific explanation, there is none. In Islam, if God says, "Don't touch this!", then you don't touch it and that's that. You might not agree with it but it shouldn't too hard to understand. God has specified that a dog's saliva makes you unclean, thus Islamicly speaking, dog's saliva is ritually impure which has got nothing to do with science or anything like that.

You can avoid touching dogs unless you have some major psychological disorder that absolutely compels you to touch them. However, you can't stop from urinating. That is a physical impossibility. Well, it is at least now! We don't live in the robot world that you predicted yet.

name='Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz' date='Jun 17 2011, 12:12 PM' post='1239900']

Ok thank you

Yes there are alot of laws regarding clean and unclean. But as a Christian the NT over rides the OT. Acts chapter 11 is a prime example of what was made clean and unclean. But yes I get the point you are making.

Thank you for clairification

Thank you. I will have to ask mrhyder.

Keeping a dog, touching it and kissing it

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Islam forbids Muslims to keep dogs, and the punishment for that is that the one who does that loses one or two qiraats from his hasanaat (good deeds) each day. An exception has been made in the case of keeping dogs for hunting, guarding livestock and guarding crops.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever keeps a dog, except a dog for herding, hunting or farming, one qiraat will be deducted from his reward each day.†Narrated by Muslim, 1575.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever keeps a dog, except a dog for herding livestock or a dog that is trained for hunting, two qiraats will be deducted from his reward each day.†Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5163; Muslim, 1574.

Is it permissible to keep a dog to guard houses?

Al-Nawawi said:

There is a difference of opinion as to whether it is permissible to keep dogs for purposes other than these three, such as for guarding houses and roads. The most correct view is that it is permissible, by analogy with these three and based on the reason that is to be understood from the hadeeth, which is necessity. End quote.

Sharh Muslim, 10/236

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Based on this, if a house is in the middle of the city there is no need to keep a dog to guard it, so keeping a dog for this purpose in such situations is haraam and is not permitted, and it detracts one or two qiraats from a person’s reward every day. They should get rid of this dog and not keep it. But if the house is in the countryside and there is no one else around, then it is permissible to keep a dog to guard the house and the people who are in it; guarding the members of the household is more important than guarding livestock or crops. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 4/246

There are several scholarly views about reconciling the reports which say “one qiraat†and those which say “two qiraatsâ€.

Al-Haafiz al-‘Ayni (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

(a) It may be that they have to do with two types of dogs, one of which could cause more harm than the other.

(b) It was said that “two qiraats†applies in cities and villages, and “one qiraat†applies in the countryside.

© It was said that they were said at two different times – “one qiraat†was mentioned first, then the warning was made more strict and two qiraats were mentioned.

‘Umdat al-Qaari, 12/158.

Secondly:

With regard to the words of the questioner, “keeping a dog is naajisâ€. This is not exactly correct, because the najaasah (impurity) is not in the dog itself, rather it is in its saliva when it drinks from a vessel. If a person touches a dog or a dog touches him, that does not mean that he has to purify himself, whether with soil or water. But if a dog drinks from his vessel, then he has to throw away the water and wash it seven times with water and the eighth time with soil, if he wants to use it. If he makes it just for the dog then he does not have to purify it.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The purification of the vessel of one of you, if a dog licks it, is to wash it seven times, the first time with soil.†Nararted by Muslim, 279.

And according to another report by Muslim (280): “If a dog licks the vessel of one of you, let him wash it seven times and rub it with soil the eighth time.â€

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to dogs, there are three views among the scholars:

1 – That they are taahir (pure), even their saliva. This is the view of Maalik.

2 – That they are naajis (impure), even their hair. This is the view of al-Shaafa’i and is one of the two views narrated from Ahmad.

3 – Their hair is taahir but their saliva is naajis. This is the view of Abu Haneefah and of Ahmad in the other report narrated from him.

This is the most correct view. So if the wetness of the dog’s hair gets onto one’s garment or body, that does not make it naajis. End quote.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/530.

Elsewhere he said:

That is because the basic principle is that substances are taahir, and it is not permissible to regard anything as naajis or haraam without evidence, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, except under compulsion of necessity?â€

[al-An’aam 6:119]

“And Allaah will never lead a people astray after He has guided them until He makes clear to them as to what they should avoidâ€

[al-Tawbah 9:115]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The purification of the vessel of one of you, if a dog licks it, is to wash it seven times, the first time with soil†– and in another hadeeth, “If a dog licks a vessel…†All of the ahaadeeth mention licking only; they do not mention any other part of the dog, regarding them as naajis is based only on analogy.

Moreover, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) granted a concession allowing people to keep dogs for hunting, herding and farming. The one who keeps them must touch the wetness of their hair, just as happens in the case of mules, donkeys, etc. To suggest that their hair is naajis when touching them cannot be avoided could impose undue hardship, which is not what the Lawgiver intended for this ummah.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/217, 218

To be on the safe side it is better, if a person touches a dog and there is something wet on his hand, or if there is something wet on the dog, to wash his hand seven times, one of which should be with soil. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

With regard to touching this dog, if there is no wetness then it does not make the hand naajis, but if he touches it and there is any wetness, then this means that the hand becomes naajis according to the view of many scholars, and the hand must be washed after that seven times, one of which should be with soil. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 11/246.

Thirdly:

With regard to the way in which purification from the najaasah of a dog is to be done, this has been explained in the answer to question no. 41090 and 46314.

What must be done is to wash off the najaasah of a dog seven times, one of which should be with soil. If soil is available then it must be used, and nothing else will do. If no soil is available, then there is nothing wrong with using some other cleaning agent such as soap.

Fourthly:

What the questioner mentions about kissing the dog is something that causes many diseases. The diseases that people may get as the result of going against sharee’ah by kissing dogs or drinking from their vessels before purifying them are many, such as pasturella which is a bacterial disease, the cause of which exists naturally in the respiratory systems of humans and animals, but under certain circumstances this germ can invade the body and cause disease.

Another of these diseases is a parasitic disease that affects the intestines of humans and animals, and usually affects the liver and lungs, the abdominal cavity and the rest of the body.

This disease is caused by tapeworms, which are small worms 2-9 millimeters long, which are formed of three sections, a head and a neck; the head has four suckers.

The adult worms live in the intestines of their hosts, such as dogs, cats, crows and wolves.

This disease is transmitted to human who love dogs, when they kiss them or drink from their vessels.

See: Amraad al-hayawaanaat allati tuseeb al-insaan (Animal diseases that affect humans) by Dr. ‘Ali Ismaa’eel ‘Ubayd al-Snaafi.

Conclusion:

It is not permissible to keep dogs except for hunting or guarding livestock and crops, and it is permissible to keep them for guarding houses so long as that is outside the city and that there is no other means of guarding the house. The Muslim should not imitate the kuffaar by running with the dog or touching its mouth and kissing it, which causes many diseases.

Praise be to Allaah for this pure and perfect sharee’ah, which came to set people’s spiritual and worldly affairs straight, but most people do not realize.

And Allaah knows best.

IslamQA

Thank you sincerly for the plethora of information

God has decided that a dog's saliva renders you ritually impure. God is the legislator and He makes the rules. If you are looking for a scientific explanation, there is none. In Islam, if God says, "Don't touch this!", then you don't touch it and that's that. You might not agree with it but it shouldn't too hard to understand. God has specified that a dog's saliva makes you unclean, thus Islamicly speaking, dog's saliva is ritually impure which has got nothing to do with science or anything like that.

You can avoid touching dogs unless you have some major psychological disorder that absolutely compels you to touch them. However, you can't stop from urinating. That is a physical impossibility. Well, it is at least now! We don't live in the robot world that you predicted yet.

But you told me earlier that this about dogs is from Hadith which is not 'God's word'. It is not in the Koran. So why are you saying 'God has decided'?

I'm perplexed,

Ron

I'm afraid this topic (which I started) doesn't seem to have done anything much toward: 'Understanding each other for a better world'.

Perhaps nobody is much interested in that. There seems to have been a bit of interest in chopping off people's hands. I myself find this a quite major point of difference between 'East and West' in terms of their values. A bit of interest regarding dogs. Beyond that, precious little else. I have been pilloried for attempting to use 'subjective words'.

I actually thought that this forum had changed in the last three or four years since I visited , but I don't now think that it has. Perhaps all the best contributers are away on holiday, or maybe they just know when to keep quiet.

I have noticed a certain level of paranoia, however. These days one just doesn't know who is who and therefore must be careful about what one says.

Peace does not lie in overcoming one's fellow human beings,

Thanks, Ron

But you told me earlier that this about dogs is from Hadith which is not 'God's word'. It is not in the Koran. So why are you saying 'God has decided'?

It is not in the the Qur'an which is the verbatim Word of God. It is in the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who used to speak on behalf of God. For example, the Prophet (pbuh) taught people how to pray, to do Hajj and he gave extra information. I say "God has decided" because the person whom He authorized to speak on His behalf and teach on His behalf said so.

Sir if you think West is better than why is that Islam is the fastest growing Religion in the world and have a very fast rate of conversion in West sir the answer is Islam is the modern Religion and protects human from crimes and give them a dignified life Alcohal and Free sex is resulting in Aids and Diseases but and how is this doing anything good to West?

Sir if you think West is better than why is that Islam is the fastest growing Religion in the world and have a very fast rate of conversion in West sir the answer is Islam is the modern Religion and protects human from crimes and give them a dignified life Alcohal and Free sex is resulting in Aids and Diseases but and how is this doing anything good to West?

The West and Islam. I wonder what countries you are referring to here?

peace,

Ron

Ya know Islam does have some admerable things about it. At the same rate if people actualy applied Christian teaching in there lives they would have the same results. Just my oppinion though.

Hear is a question though. Islam wants sharia law everywhere correct? How you feel living under the Cannon law of the RCC?. It would be the same concept.

I'm afraid this topic (which I started) doesn't seem to have done anything much toward: 'Understanding each other for a better world'.

Perhaps nobody is much interested in that. There seems to have been a bit of interest in chopping off people's hands. I myself find this a quite major point of difference between 'East and West' in terms of their values. A bit of interest regarding dogs. Beyond that, precious little else. I have been pilloried for attempting to use 'subjective words'.

I actually thought that this forum had changed in the last three or four years since I visited , but I don't now think that it has. Perhaps all the best contributers are away on holiday, or maybe they just know when to keep quiet.

I have noticed a certain level of paranoia, however. These days one just doesn't know who is who and therefore must be careful about what one says.

Peace does not lie in overcoming one's fellow human beings,

Thanks, Ron

ron

hi

sometimes

rather most times the question one asks is very brief

only a few words

but the answer needs a complete dissertation to provide a clear picture of both sides and both worlds

it is very taxing

and many avoid answering

fearing error and thus responsibility for someone taking a wrong/erronous view to heart/grave/afterlife/judge Allah

so you must appreciate that whosoever musters courage to answer a question

about faith related issues is putting everything at stake

this is why mundane issues like

dogs etc are ignored by most that could answer such questions

everyone claiming Islam

and answering a question

is daring to risk ETERNAL consequences

so please be patient in your search for understandable or agreeable logic

it does arrive though at its own time

i often tell my nonmuslim acquaintances

that nonmuslims think that since a person was born muslim he remains a muslim

it is not true

the contradictions of theory/principle and practice testifies that

a born muslim is actually a person

who most of his early life

yearns to find fault with Islam and thus manage escaping itss bounds

but what happens is that each stone turned by such a seeker of flaw

actually provides evidence in favour of the truth of Islam

that is then an incentive to proceed further aand do more research

and finally one gets convinced beyond doubt

so the over a billion people on this globe

this global village rather

have asked much much more

and searched and yearned much more to find flaw

but it turned out to prove them wrong and Islam true

believe me this is the reason why the creator made born muslims

and no bornmuslimaccepts Islam at heart without having asked all the questions a human brain can

a minority may seem following dictations without thought

but them too

in time

will ask questions and then believe from the heart

and at that acceptance their quality and person alters from what it was earlier

stay on

please

salaam