Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tonnyj

Hijjab?

I notice in Islam women wearing the hijjab. It covers their head. The face is in full view though. Why in Islam, are there women who wear the hijjab that cover not only their head, but their face? You cannot see anything but their eyes. Does this have to do with the difference between Sunni and Shia muslims? Or is it something else?

PropellerAds

my personal view is that in order to understand this hijaab science completely , one has to be a woman himself.

I tell myself that this is an issue between the woman and Allah

if she covers her head

or not

face or not

eyes or not

and contours is where i know men can understand too

and it is very obvious to both women and men that a woman deliberately exhibiting her contours by dressing seductively is

low of self esteem so much that she wishes to deviate watchers' attention from her worth to her girth

so

hijaab i think is between Allah and the woman

since Allah allows her to practice whatever mode of hijaab

men have no say in the issue

salaam

I notice in Islam women wearing the hijjab. It covers their head. The face is in full view though. Why in Islam, are there women who wear the hijjab that cover not only their head, but their face? You cannot see anything but their eyes. Does this have to do with the difference between Sunni and Shia muslims? Or is it something else?

Islam is clear in its teachings. Allah, azz wa jall, Muhammad, sall-Allahu alayhi w asalam, and his, :sl: companions made clear for us what to follow and how to follow it. Our religion is complete in each and every way, thus there are things it is permissible for scholars to differ in and there are things it is not permissible for them to differ in. They agreed on all basics. The other stuff is jurisprudence. Please do not attribute other sects to truth, there is a reason they are deviants, deviated from Islamic orthodoxy. They way of the Salaf.

All women should try their best to cover as much as possible, to their best of abilities wherever they live. In Islam, in cases where families force physically that they take it off, it depend son their case, but they are forgiven. They should try their best to leave to KSA or something.

Covering the whole face is done for Allah, azz wa jall. It helps women fear, hope and love Allah, azz wa jall, more.

Hijab is something to learn about.. how to cover in a proper way...And someone who gets they need to cover in a proper way, would probably aim for a burqa.

Peace be upon the Messenger of Allah, azz wa jall, whom we do not worship and his family and his companions. Ameen.

Edited by Orthodox

Islam is clear in its teachings. Allah, azz wa jall, Muhammad, sall-Allahu alayhi w asalam, and his, :sl: companions made clear for us what to follow and how to follow it. Our religion is complete in each and every way, thus there are things it is permissible for scholars to differ in and there are things it is not permissible for them to differ in. They agreed on all basics. The other stuff is jurisprudence. Please do not attribute other sects to truth, there is a reason they are deviants, deviated from Islamic orthodoxy. They way of the Salaf.

All women should try their best to cover as much as possible, to their best of abilities wherever they live. In Islam, in cases where families force physically that they take it off, it depend son their case, but they are forgiven. They should try their best to leave to KSA or something.

Covering the whole face is done for Allah, azz wa jall. It helps women fear, hope and love Allah, azz wa jall, more.

Did not women cover their complete face when Islam had first introduced itself? So if they cover more of their face, they fear Allah - if they do not, they fear him less? Some scholars may as you say, let some things be permissible and others as not. So by this would you mean it is only permissible to uncover the head up till only the head? Does that mean the old tradition was that the face be covered almost completely and now modern tradition can bend the old by letting women show their face?

hijaab i think is between Allah and the woman

since Allah allows her to practice whatever mode of hijaab

men have no say in the issue

salaam

So weren't men and women both given the Quran? It was not only given to men correct? I dont understand what this idea of hijaab is.

you dont understand the idea of hijab/a woman covering her charms lest she prove provocative for the men in the society?

Come on tonyj

you understand what and why of it

the question is best left to women to ask and answer

i dont consider your question credible nor your reasons for asking after reading your last comment

salaama

Did not women cover their complete face when Islam had first introduced itself? So if they cover more of their face, they fear Allah - if they do not, they fear him less? Some scholars may as you say, let some things be permissible and others as not. So by this would you mean it is only permissible to uncover the head up till only the head? Does that mean the old tradition was that the face be covered almost completely and now modern tradition can bend the old by letting women show their face?

Our religion is not only based on the Qur'an, there is also Sunna [hadeeths]. This answers your question. The wives of the Prophet, :sl: are the best example to women and they covered their face.

However, your problem seems to be that scholars did not make it an obligation for all women. Some scholars make it an obligation for all women, others do not but encourage it.

This is something that does not impact religious core teachings. Our religion doesn't change as evident.

Edited by Orthodox

Okay. Yea because Im very new to Islam but I heard a woman talking about the Hijaab. And then I thought - 'Oh yeahhh~ I remember women I saw wearing viels covering their entire face except the eyes. (very strange to me at first) - They do that because there is a real reason?. (I know....very ignorant teenager from the western I am) I remember I knew they were Muslim in the back of my head but wasnt too sure at the time. Then when I was getting the basics of Islam - they were talking about the hijaab. Then I realized that women cover their face because it is to protect them and many other reasons along that line. But since the Muslim lady telling me what the reasons of wearing of the hijaab were for. I realized her face is revealed expect the hair. I wondered why this differs.

In short:

Some people believe that it is required for a females face to be covered.

Others believe that it is okay for the face and hands to be shown.

Does this make sense? It is the same as some Christians believing that women should not wear low-cut shirts and short bottoms, but others not thinking twice about showing cleavage or wearing short shorts/skirts.

I am a recent Revert to Islam from Christianity, and I live in the Western hemisphere. Please keep asking until you feel like you understand.

It is a difference between school of thought some Scholars say that covering the face is compulsory and some say it is not but still all say it is preferred to cover your face

Ok so covering your face is the best one can do. Not uncovering more than the full head is good but covering the face is better. So.....~ I guess its better to cover the face.

It's not a matter of "better" or "worse"...

A woman who covers her face will not look at a woman with her face exposed and say "my way is better".

As Islamic Warrior said, it depends on school of thought. That will be a new concept to you as one who doesn't know a lot about Islam though, which is why I didn't mention it.

Hijab is more than just a head covering- it is modesty. If I wore a headscarf, but wore a short skirt- I would not be in hijab. So think of a hijab more as an article of clothing aimed towards modesty- each person has their own sense of modesty.

Is this clear at all?

the advantage of hijjab is you can compere the aids ratio in Islamic and non Islamic countries. so simple

the advantage of hijjab is you can compere the aids ratio in Islamic and non Islamic countries. so simple

How would you know that is anything to do with the Hijjab?

Saalam,

Ron

he probably means lesser promiscuity in hijab promoting societies

Salaam,

Covering the face and hands is a matter of Khilaaf (disagreement) between scholars. Once something is Khilaaf you can choose for yourself after you've read every sides' arguments. And whichever way you choose, none has the right to say you're wrong if they think the contrary.

Considering that covering all the body except the face and hands is commonly agreed upon scholars, we'll have to know how this should be done? This is the gist of the matter, not the burkuu-niqab propaganda thing.

1. It should cover all of the body except the face and hands;

2. It mustn't be a show off;

3. It mustn't be transparent;

4. It mustn't be tight, descriptive of the woman's body;

5. It mustn't be perfumed;

6. It mustn't resemble men's clothes or disbeliever's clothes.

The sad reality is that the majority of women do not respect these rules of a correct hidjaab. And yet they do not hide their extreme dislike and opposition for the niqab!

Silly isn't it?!

Read Al Albanees' excellent work on hidjaab, women in the Arab world like it so much because it is pro uncovering the face and hands!

Salaam.

Hello Tonnyj, :sl:

the headscarf (a clothe to cover head - khimar) is ordered in Qur'an surah An-Nisa 31. And in a hadith the Prophet told that an adult woman should cover her body except face and hand. Wearing niqab or veil is not ordered for muslim woman, but rather for Prophet's wives only. but a muslim woman can choose if she wants to cover her face or not. Veil (niqab or burqa) is not an obligatory. In hajj, women should open her face, and so do in salah (IIRC). can you imagine, in hajj a woman will absolutely meet men from many places, but she shouldn't cover her face? This signifies that veil is not obligatory. If it's otherwise, the Qur'an or Hadith will have shown it very clearly.