Islamic Forum

I don't really know why I drifted from Islam. As soon as I researched it about 2 years ago, I know it was the proper religion. I've always acknowledged Allah as my god since that day, I just don't like... I don't know. I suppose the best word is "participate." I want to regularly go to a Masjid, but there are none around me. Well, there is, but it's a half hour drive. And I never seem to have the time to pray 5 times a day. Everytime I see the notification on my phone to pray, I'm always caught up in something.

Basically, I want to stick on the straight path of Islam. La ilaha illa Allah. Any advice on regular prayer? Or quran readings that can help me?

La hawla wala quwata illa billah.

PropellerAds

assalamalaikum patrick,

it is devil's way to keep us astray and stop us from praying, small things keep on popping up and keep us away from praying, but once you start finding time for prayer and sacrifice a few other things to offer your prayers it gets easier and after a while it becomes almost a habit. so treat every prayer like the last prayer you might have the chance to offer.

I don't really know why I drifted from Islam. As soon as I researched it about 2 years ago, I know it was the proper religion. I've always acknowledged Allah as my god since that day, I just don't like... I don't know. I suppose the best word is "participate." I want to regularly go to a Masjid, but there are none around me. Well, there is, but it's a half hour drive. And I never seem to have the time to pray 5 times a day. Everytime I see the notification on my phone to pray, I'm always caught up in something.

Basically, I want to stick on the straight path of Islam. La ilaha illa Allah. Any advice on regular prayer? Or quran readings that can help me?

PatrickF, remember your pledge to Allah, "The Shahadah" and follow the 5 Pillars of Islam rigorously even if it is necessary to drive half hour to reach your Masjid. Because it is one of the acts considered essential by the Prophet Muhammad.

Start with focusing more on praying because it is essential if you want to be a Muslim. It will also help you build your relationship with God. Whatever you are caught up in cannot be as important as praying. When you start getting into the routine of praying then deal with other things. And a half an hour drive to the masjid is not a lot if you just go on Friday.

Prayers in a Masjid is an essential part of Islam because it keeps you in constant touch with Allah and keeps you in communion with your fellow brothers in Islam so that you will not be tempted to stray from Allah.

Thank you all.

One more question: What about Fajr, or shuruq, and Dhuhr. I can barely get out of bed in the morning, let alone at 3:52, and again at 5:51 (about.) And dhuhr, I'm in school. (When it's not the summer vacation.)

I'm 17 by the way. I need a job before I'm allowed to get my license, which is why the Masjid being 30 minutes away is a big deal for me: I'm not the one driving.

As-salamu alaikum

My advice is first to pray five times a day and then worry about praying Fajr on time.

As-salamu alaikum

My advice is first to pray five times a day and then worry about praying Fajr on time.

That's actually really good advice. Baraka Allahu fika.

Alhamdulillah! Welcome back brother =] Allahu Akbar.

Just get the prayers down first then worry about getting up in time. An imam told me it is important especially in the beginning to get the basics down and then worry about the specifics of time. My question to him was whether my prayer would be invalid if I was late to prayer as I work on the phone with stores and can't get off of the phone right away. He said do your prayer when you can if you get held up. But do it as soon as you can.

Always ask Allah to guide you and keep you on the straight path. Always do your best and go to the Masjid whenever you are able to but pray wherever you can. A Muslim can pray at home, at school, in a hospital-pretty much anywere (as long as the place is clean).

Assalam alaykom my dear brother,

I'm so proud of you guys that though you've just reverted to Islam ,you're so keen to know the regulations and to do it on time!

It's a very big responsibility for me to give "fatwa" though I was born Muslim.!

Anyhow.It's very important to pray 5 times a day even if NOT on time,

Allah is the most generous and inshallah Allah will accept our prayerss ...

But .... not praying at all? Please don't "waste" the harvest of prayers :sl:

Dear sis n bro, you don't have to "suffer" that much if Masjid is far from your homes,

May Allah guide us to the good deeds and gift all of you happiness n prosperity ..