Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hussein3x

Surah Al-insan

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters, today I have come to ask for some help in memorizing this surah. About 2 weeks ago I joined a Islamic studies class and It's from 8am-5pm, for some reason though I'm having a difficult time learning this surah, I read for about 1hour and after that I realized that I hadn't even memorized 2 ayat. Was this surah as difficult for anyone else as it was for me? What I'm trying to do, Is learn the meaning of this surah, so that I dont loose my focus while reading. I would really appreciate it if anyone else can tell me if this surah in general is difficult or is it just me?

PropellerAds

Wa alaikumu as-salamu wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

Brother Hussein, how are you? How's it been?

How long have you spent time on this Surah? Is just one hour or is many sessions of an hour's length? If it is just one sesssion, there is no reason for worry: everybody has off days, even the best. If it's multiple sessions, then there might be something wrong with your approach.

Do you know how to read Arabic? If you do, then this is what I suggest you do. Open the copy of the Qur'an and listen to a professional reciter, like Mishary, who pronounces the Qur'an properly. The first time don't even try to memorize! Just listen and read, or listen if you can't read. After that try to imitate the way he chants the Qur'an. Also learn the meaning of the verses like you said because it definately helps; this helps your mind develop associative connections and that's how everybody learns starting from when they were little babies. Do you know how somebody people, not just some people but actually quite a lot of people, can sign the lyrics of a song even though don't try to memorize it? If you follow the advice given, inshaaAllah, it will have the same effect or even more profound and intense. Lastly, make dua.

Take care

Hey younes! Things have been good, I've started praying a lot. Life has just been so stressful but I guess its worth it.

yes I know how to read arabic, I always listen to mishary, I always do the listen and read thing, but my real problem is the focus. I try and try to focus but my mind always wonders and goes into a weird state where I cant memorize.