Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
umar abdullah

2 Years, 11 Months

as-salamu alaykum.

there are two reasons why i post this here:

1) the month of ramadhan is drawing very near. and i said my shahadah in the month of ramadhan.

2) this fourm was basically my first contact with muslims. obviously not in the physical sense, but this was the first place i talked with muslims basically.

so i look back now, almost 3 years, in almost disbelife in the events that have transcribed in such a short amount of time. all the lessons learned, all the times i tasted hardship, and relief. all the mistakes i made, all the foolish things i did, all the people ive met, its just been a roller coaster ride with shaytan a step ahead of me every time, waiting for my guard to be down; waiting for me to slip up.

but hes got another thing coming if he thinks that he can make me do the same mistakes he has done! never will he drag me down in the sinking ship hes in!

Allahu akbar!

i look back thankfull and in wonder that i am a muslim. living in a small community of 45000 people, with only 10 muslim families, which i dident know existed untill 3 weeks after i said my shahadah, i was gifted with the blessing of eeman, without every have done anything to earn or deserve this eeman!

why me? i am the equivilant to the village pessant in modern day standards. i am no umar bin khattab! i cant bring power to the oppressed! i am no uthman bin 'Affan, i have no wealth to spare. i am not even eligible to pay the zakat! what can i offer to Islam?

yet Allah chose me.

and what made me accept Islam?

when i look back, it was the simplicity of the message, backed up with the intellectual proofs and a perfectly balanced system that speaks to heart and liberates you from desires and falsehood of all kinds. it teaches you to value these values more then life itself and to bear witness to Allah and his rasul S.a.W. though example and leadership, struggle and sacrafise, word and deed, life and death; and that is the best life if you ask me as its the most "for real" life you can live; to live by your values, and to never compromise with those that wish to harm you or those values.

that the prophet S.A.W. follows the chain of prophethood, and came with his own evidences, a scripture that is consistent with past scriptures and fulfilling a prophesy that was proclaimed by both musa A.S. and isa A.S.

all this in itself can be talked about in volumes, and i could go though every individual intellectual thing that convinced me and all that, but i dont want to make this a novel.

what was the whole point to this post? none really i suppose, i just wanted to "think out loud" i suppose. give myself some inspiration and remind myself why i am here.

PropellerAds

we alikum eslam

barak Allah feek brother :sl: jazak Allah khair for reminding us to look back at the time that has passed .. and think

barrakAllahu feekah brother.

i agree with you, we all need to think and contemplate on who we are, why we are here, how did we get here. in everyones life there are moments that in itself proves the existance of Allah.

a brother in town here was telling me about a conversation he was having with come co-workers about insurace, and he said that his insurance is Allah. that night on the way home he got into a head on accident with a 2 ton truck and his car was totaled. his car rolled and everything, so the front was crushed in, the passenger side was crushed in, and so was the back. the only intact part of the car was the drivers side. he escaped without even a bruise.

we all have experiences like that, where something so improbable happens to us that it proves Allahs qadr. the thing is though that we are negligent and ungratfull (as a race) and we forget those gifts that were given to us, and tend to focus on the negative too much.

subhan Allah !!

I want to make a suggestion for you, to introduce a convert brother that I met through internet, he is a Canadian convert :sl: so if you like, I can do it through msn or facebook if you like insha Allah :sl:

sure, you can add me too if you like. dre_scores[at]hotmail(contact admin if its a beneficial link).

i dont have facebook.

salam alikum .. did you get my message here in your inbox and also I sent you email .. but I don't know whats going on

i got your email but no msn invite

i dont know either lol