Islamic Forum
tonnyj

Also When You Pray...

So when we pray we usually do wudu. If we fart, relieve our-self, and so on; what do we do for wudu if we are to pray outside? Outside there is rarely any springs or water to wash ones self. Do you just take some grass and dirt, and wipe it all over your face, hands, and feet? How do we know when we must clean our-self with water and when it is okay not to use water? Is it true you can just wipe your feet if you are wearing socks to make it part of your wudu?

PropellerAds
So when we pray we usually do wudu. If we fart, relieve our-self, and so on; what do we do for wudu if we are to pray outside? Outside there is rarely any springs or water to wash ones self. Do you just take some grass and dirt, and wipe it all over your face, hands, and feet? How do we know when we must clean our-self with water and when it is okay not to use water? Is it true you can just wipe your feet if you are wearing socks to make it part of your wudu?

As-salamu alaikum

When there is no water, you can do Tayammum:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmuslimconverts(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/prayer/how-to-perform-wudhu.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmuslimconverts(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/prayer/how-t...rform-wudhu.htm[/url]

Yes, you are allowed to wipe over your feet if you are wearing socks made out of leather.

O you who have believed, when you rise to [perform] prayer, wash your faces and your forearms to the elbows and wipe over your heads and wash your feet to the ankles. And if you are in a state of janabah, then purify yourselves. But if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and do not find water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and hands with it. Allah does not intend to make difficulty for you, but He intends to purify you and complete His favor upon you that you may be grateful. surat al maaidhah:6

Yes, you are allowed to wipe over your feet if you are wearing socks made out of leather.

Wow I never knew there were leather socks out there. So what is the purpose of socks being leather?

Wow I never knew there were leather socks out there. So what is the purpose of socks being leather?

As-salamu alaikum

That's the socks they were in the Prophet's (pbuh) time. Leather socks don't let water pass through like normal socks do.

Also, how come farting counts as the prayer being invalid? I mean I know if you got a building full of men who let things rip, it will be a very unpleasant experience but is it because this is the reason? So that people don't stink up the room? Or was it actually an implemented rule from the days of the Prophet?

in the desert, the sand goes from burning hot in the day, to freezing cold in the night. so the socks protect the feet from the sand. it helps against cold alot though. i know cause i live in northen canda.

as for the discussion with socks/shoes and wudu, hanafi scholars say you can only wipe over leather socks, while other scholars say you can over any type of socks as long as water dose not go through.

there is also evidence that one can wipe over the shoes they are wearing and pray in them as long as there is no poop or anything like that on the sole of the shoe.

this is helpfull when you need to pray on freezing cold or super hot ground.

Also what happens if you pick your ear during salat? Is the prayer invalid? Sometimes I get water drying up in my ear as I make salat and I can feel it so I go to pick my ear. And what about also picking the nose? I mean not digging into it but sometimes it is runny. Is my salat invalid for trying to get rid of the moisture inside with my hands?

Also, how come farting counts as the prayer being invalid? I mean I know if you got a building full of men who let things rip, it will be a very unpleasant experience but is it because this is the reason? So that people don't stink up the room? Or was it actually an implemented rule from the days of the Prophet?

As-salamu alaikum

The Prophet (pbuh) listed the things which break wudu and passing gas is one of them; yes, it was implemented in the days of the Prophet (pbuh).

Also what happens if you pick your ear during salat? Is the prayer invalid? Sometimes I get water drying up in my ear as I make salat and I can feel it so I go to pick my ear. And what about also picking the nose? I mean not digging into it but sometimes it is runny. Is my salat invalid for trying to get rid of the moisture inside with my hands?

Small things like that don't break Salah, though it is advised not to do that.

O another thing. What if you are in a office and it is time to pray? Do you go outside to wipe your face with dirt or use the washroom to make wudu?

Use the washroom to make wudu.

Circumstances when tayammum is necessary

Tayammum may be substituted for wudu or ghusl when access to water is restricted or impractical, namely:

When sufficient amounts of water for ritual washing are not available, including when using the available water for wudu or ghusl would leave insufficient water for drinking.

When obtaining water is hazardous or prohibitively expensive.

When using water poses a health risk.

Performing tayammum

Tayammum consists of the following steps:[1]

Finding a piece of ground which is free of najaasah. This could be any natural surface such as rock, sand, or dust.

Recite the bismillah.

Make niyyah, or intention to make tayammum.

Place the hands on the surface of the ground.

Lift hands with palms downwards, ensuring that no dust remains, may rub them together.

Rub face with hands.

Press hands to ground and touch sides of hands together.

Rub right arm with left hand, from the fingers to the elbow, and back along the inner arm to the hand. Do the same with the other arm.

The same conditions that invalidate wudu also invalidate tayammum. In addition, a person's tayammum is invalidated as and when water becomes available.

Items on which Tayammum is permitted

Taahir (pure) earth

Sand

Stone

Limestone

Baked earthen pots (unglazed)

Walls of mud, stone or brick

Clay

All items which have thick dust on them

Items on which Tayammum is not permitted

Wood

Metal

Glass

Food Items

All items which burn to ash, rot or melt

[edit]

Interesting. thank you brother.

Edited by tonnyj

Is it true you can just wipe your feet if you are wearing socks to make it part of your wudu?

Yes it's true, definitely. But you've got rules! Read this:

RULINGS CONCERNING WIPING ON THE KHUFF-S [DURING WUDOO]

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen

showtopic=736749. (Couldn't put a link to the post using the insert link!)