Islamic Forum
Iftikhar

Anti-extremism Projects Vs State Funded Muslim Schools

Millions of pounds have been wasted on anti-extremism projects that did not produce any security benefits. But we can afford to throw money at bankers. I think we should axe funding to our variety of (sometimes illegal) wars in other countries. Fewer bombs and perhaps they'd been more money for the NHS and the likes. Why are these specific groups allowed to suckle at the public tit? And what's the message the government is sending? "If we give you money, will you promise not to blow us up?" This is not counter-terrorism work. This is appeasement. Let's call a spade a spade. I feel that this Tory government is edging closer and closer to a police state in it approach to dealing with terrorism - and especially Muslim terrorists. In Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia, people were encouraged to spy on each other: would this government have us act in the same way? Will we have show trials where one neighbour denounces another as being a member of a proscribed organisation? Probably too extreme, but who knows? The key challenge is to ensure that healthcare workers can identify the signs that someone is vulnerable to radicalisation, interpret those signs correctly and access the relevant support," the document is expected to say. And what are these signs supposed to be? "Well he's grown a beard which was the first red flag you see. Oh and I heard a ticking noise whilst he was in the room. Crafty little bugger tried to tell me it was my wall clock" Thersea May and Dame Pauline Neville-Jones are utterly insane. Yes beards are a sure sign of something untoward. What are they hiding?

Our politicians need to pay a visit to the doctor themselves, or maybe the psychiatrists would be more appropriate. And will they be able to provide some sort of medication to combat radicalisation? Will Aspirins and a lie down do the trick? Theresa may suggest that universities are breeding extremism. She herself is not helping the cause and in fact making it worse. When she got into her position, a small bigoted group influenced her to ban an Islamic speaker Dr. Zakir Naik who was branded as a terrorist when in fact he did an entire 2 hour presentation as to why Islam does to promote or advocate terrorism. He explicitly stated that it is un-Islamic and that what the do is wrong even stating that the Quran says' killing of one innocent person is as though the whole of humanity has been killed'. That does not sound like an extremist to me. Hypocritical and unjust, not even an appeal was allowed Britain and its ally has created the world we live in. We have nurtured those who do others harm when it has suited our purposes. We have bombed and killed them at will as we saw fit. We have allied ourselves with the Neo-Cons in the USA in Empire-building in the guise of a War on Terror. The world is as it is, because we have demonised those who don't hold our 'values'. If our Government has demonstrated our values over the past decades, I for one am glad there are people out there who don't share them..... Corruption, lying, deceit, war-mongering.....We should be seeking them out and giving them money in the bucketful. God Bless Us!! May said it was important to draw a distinction between speakers who expressed disagreeable views and speakers who were unlawful in terms of inciting violence or terrorism. According to the Guardian, people from minorities are up to 42 times more likely than native Brits to be the target of a counter-terrorism power which allows the stopping and searching of the innocent yet grants them less right than suspected criminals. Asif Ahmad alleges that he was questioned by M15 and asked to spy on others in his community and report to the agency.

So long as anti-Muslim, Jewish, EDL and BNP groups are allowed to address meetings on universities there can be no objection to the Muslims doing the same. All should be treated equally. The police should be invited to witness all these kinds of activities and close them down if they think a breach of the peace is threatened. Regardless of the subject, or any personal feelings we might have about it, we have to work on the principle that freedom of speech is total, or we simply do not possess it. I understand that Voltaire's position on this issue was described as being something along the lines of:"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." I think in this he was completely correct.

British schooling has been producing young Muslims full of anger, frustration and extremism, thanks to state schools with non-Muslim monolingual teachers. British schooling is the home of institutional racism and British teachers are chicken racist. They are not role models for bilingual Muslim children during their developmental periods.

British schooling and the British society is the home of institutional racism. BNP, EDL and all other main political parties are the true photo of the racist British society. Why not NATO and the other entire WATCH DOGS group impose sanction on England, for not doing anything to tackle the racism in their Country. These so-call organisations can interfere with the Middle East Countries, to rape the people of their OIL! But can’t do anything about the racism and exploitation of minority groups in England. When these society oppress some groups, and unleash the monster them, and the people retaliate, then they call them terrorist! Need some serious pro-action instead of reaction.

A HEAD teacher who subjected staff, governors and parents to a torrent of racist and rude abuse has been banned from teaching. Simon Parker, the former head of Coppice Primary School, in Manford Way, Chigwell, called a supply teacher a "black *****" and pulled his eyes sideways in an impression of a Chinese nursery adviser.

The staffs at Gendale Primary in Pollokshield, where Muslim children are in majority, are being asked to look for signs of radicalisation. It is an incredibly worrying development. We cannot have a culture of teachers spying on Muslim children as young as five. Racism is very ripe in Scottish schools and society. Muslim and other minority children have been victim of racism in all walks of life. LAs and schools are trying their best to hide this issue under the carpet. Hardly anybody was convicted or imprisoned by the Authorities. What do you expect from Muslim youths when they have been victim of racism throughout their development periods? Now Muslim youths are victim of terrorism. Thousands of them are being searched in streets and hundreds of them are behind the bar without any trials.

Because of racism in British schooling, Muslim children are unable to develop self-confidence and self-esteem, therefore, majority of them leave schools with low grades. Racism is deeply rooted in British society. Every native child is born with a gene or virus of racism, therefore, no law could change the attitudes of racism towards those who are different. It looks to me that British society does not want Muslims in the West since it sees them only as a problem?

The Muslims don’t want to integrate or abide by western law. Just because they don´t want to wear nude clothes or at least cloth that can show how big her breast are... so these people failed to integrate. Just because they don't like free sex, consider dogs and pigs as unclean animals, eat halal meat, then these people failed again. What a dirty Bush mind you have!

Bilingual Muslim children need state funded Muslim schools with bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. They need to learn and be well versed in Standard English to follow the National Curriculum and go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. At the same time, they need to learn and be well versed in Arabic, Urdu and other community languages to keep in touch with their cultural roots and enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry. There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school.

There are hundreds of state and church schools where Muslim children are in majority. In my opinion, all such schools may be opted out as Muslim Academies.

Iftikhar Ahmad

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlondonschoolofislamics(contact admin if its a beneficial link).uk"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlondonschoolofislamics(contact admin if its a beneficial link).uk[/url]

PropellerAds

not long ago

a fellow member here who goes by the name

nonmuslim

and is canadian had written

"i dont believe in insulting others(and persons revered by others) but i will fight for the right to insult"

and i had asked him on the board"how can you choose to fight for something you have zero belief in?"

and at the same time the diagnosis was apparent to anyone with a few grey hair,

the western society is now so well fed and well equipped, that they need creating crisis for themselves.

Which actually means that a civilization has begun it's downward whirl into oblivion.

This is how the west is

and the reason are not them

because they lack the knowledge that muslims hyave

the reason for all evil on the planet are the arabs. It is the arabs who promote corruption in every and any faculty of life.

Like the jews and as hitler said, the arab morality of today is."the end justifies the means"

while in truth the whole story and drama of life and this universe is"the means mean the end"

however, since those with the most of fossil fuel under their feet choose to cheat,trick and forge

the whole planet follows suite

if the west was wise they would segregate the arabs from the non arabs in their cities

that way the nonarab muslims would show the true peaceful picture of Islam to the west

and the arab debauchery would keep them involved among themselves competing to excel at vice to be evntually engulfed

by the nonarab muslims in part, and the west in part.

I was in malaysia representing pakistan at the international conference of muslim scholars on drug policies, invited there by the u s state department and the 19 countries of the colombo plan,and i was impressed of malaysia as the most developed muslim country in the world,and they had asked me, "dr how do we keep our nation from going more corrupt?"

and i had said"keep the arabs out"

arabs will corrupt anything and everything they are involved in.

Only 30 years after the prophet died they had restarted killing each other.

Which was a lesson to all humanity "ashaddunnifaaq al-a'araab" (quran=and verily the ugliest in hypocrisy are the arabs"

and i dont say this offhandedly

i was born in saudi arabia

my first wife was the fiance of the syrian president's brother rifat

i worked in saudi arabia for 3 years as a doctor

i was jailed in their narcotics jail

i was lashed 80 times for alcohol intake in riyadh

my jewish american wife who had becomea muslim at bin baaz's hands was allowed to go free for the alcohol she admitted to bringing

but i was lashed and imprisoned

i was a transator for the arabs and helped them cross into afghanistan during the communist onslaught of afghanistan

i lived with them in the fronlines of jalaalabad and pakatiya and hajjaji

i know arabic as my first language

so

my views of arabs and the filth they cause wherever they go is not offhanded or heresay

segregate the arabs from the non arabs

and all your problems will finish

is israel not doing the same?

When libyans tried jumping over the fence into tunis, the tunisian public kept them away with sticks and stones

so does that not teach the ######s of the west how to deal with the arab trash?

Just segregate them

they have enough venom and malice against each other that they would not have time for non arabs

just segregate the lepers of humanity

yuk

Millions of pounds have been wasted on anti-extremism projects that did not produce any security benefits. But we can afford to throw money at bankers. I think we should axe funding to our variety of (sometimes illegal) wars in other countries. Fewer bombs and perhaps they'd been more money for the NHS and the likes. Why are these specific groups allowed to suckle at the public tit? And what's the message the government is sending? "If we give you money, will you promise not to blow us up?" This is not counter-terrorism work. This is appeasement. Let's call a spade a spade. I feel that this Tory government is edging closer and closer to a police state in it approach to dealing with terrorism - and especially Muslim terrorists. In Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia, people were encouraged to spy on each other: would this government have us act in the same way? Will we have show trials where one neighbour denounces another as being a member of a proscribed organisation? Probably too extreme, but who knows? The key challenge is to ensure that healthcare workers can identify the signs that someone is vulnerable to radicalisation, interpret those signs correctly and access the relevant support," the document is expected to say. And what are these signs supposed to be? "Well he's grown a beard which was the first red flag you see. Oh and I heard a ticking noise whilst he was in the room. Crafty little bugger tried to tell me it was my wall clock" Thersea May and Dame Pauline Neville-Jones are utterly insane. Yes beards are a sure sign of something untoward. What are they hiding?

Our politicians need to pay a visit to the doctor themselves, or maybe the psychiatrists would be more appropriate. And will they be able to provide some sort of medication to combat radicalisation? Will Aspirins and a lie down do the trick? Theresa may suggest that universities are breeding extremism. She herself is not helping the cause and in fact making it worse. When she got into her position, a small bigoted group influenced her to ban an Islamic speaker Dr. Zakir Naik who was branded as a terrorist when in fact he did an entire 2 hour presentation as to why Islam does to promote or advocate terrorism. He explicitly stated that it is un-Islamic and that what the do is wrong even stating that the Quran says' killing of one innocent person is as though the whole of humanity has been killed'. That does not sound like an extremist to me. Hypocritical and unjust, not even an appeal was allowed Britain and its ally has created the world we live in. We have nurtured those who do others harm when it has suited our purposes. We have bombed and killed them at will as we saw fit. We have allied ourselves with the Neo-Cons in the USA in Empire-building in the guise of a War on Terror. The world is as it is, because we have demonised those who don't hold our 'values'. If our Government has demonstrated our values over the past decades, I for one am glad there are people out there who don't share them..... Corruption, lying, deceit, war-mongering.....We should be seeking them out and giving them money in the bucketful. God Bless Us!! May said it was important to draw a distinction between speakers who expressed disagreeable views and speakers who were unlawful in terms of inciting violence or terrorism. According to the Guardian, people from minorities are up to 42 times more likely than native Brits to be the target of a counter-terrorism power which allows the stopping and searching of the innocent yet grants them less right than suspected criminals. Asif Ahmad alleges that he was questioned by M15 and asked to spy on others in his community and report to the agency.

So long as anti-Muslim, Jewish, EDL and BNP groups are allowed to address meetings on universities there can be no objection to the Muslims doing the same. All should be treated equally. The police should be invited to witness all these kinds of activities and close them down if they think a breach of the peace is threatened. Regardless of the subject, or any personal feelings we might have about it, we have to work on the principle that freedom of speech is total, or we simply do not possess it. I understand that Voltaire's position on this issue was described as being something along the lines of:"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." I think in this he was completely correct.

British schooling has been producing young Muslims full of anger, frustration and extremism, thanks to state schools with non-Muslim monolingual teachers. British schooling is the home of institutional racism and British teachers are chicken racist. They are not role models for bilingual Muslim children during their developmental periods.

British schooling and the British society is the home of institutional racism. BNP, EDL and all other main political parties are the true photo of the racist British society. Why not NATO and the other entire WATCH DOGS group impose sanction on England, for not doing anything to tackle the racism in their Country. These so-call organisations can interfere with the Middle East Countries, to rape the people of their OIL! But can’t do anything about the racism and exploitation of minority groups in England. When these society oppress some groups, and unleash the monster them, and the people retaliate, then they call them terrorist! Need some serious pro-action instead of reaction.

A HEAD teacher who subjected staff, governors and parents to a torrent of racist and rude abuse has been banned from teaching. Simon Parker, the former head of Coppice Primary School, in Manford Way, Chigwell, called a supply teacher a "black *****" and pulled his eyes sideways in an impression of a Chinese nursery adviser.

The staffs at Gendale Primary in Pollokshield, where Muslim children are in majority, are being asked to look for signs of radicalisation. It is an incredibly worrying development. We cannot have a culture of teachers spying on Muslim children as young as five. Racism is very ripe in Scottish schools and society. Muslim and other minority children have been victim of racism in all walks of life. LAs and schools are trying their best to hide this issue under the carpet. Hardly anybody was convicted or imprisoned by the Authorities. What do you expect from Muslim youths when they have been victim of racism throughout their development periods? Now Muslim youths are victim of terrorism. Thousands of them are being searched in streets and hundreds of them are behind the bar without any trials.

Because of racism in British schooling, Muslim children are unable to develop self-confidence and self-esteem, therefore, majority of them leave schools with low grades. Racism is deeply rooted in British society. Every native child is born with a gene or virus of racism, therefore, no law could change the attitudes of racism towards those who are different. It looks to me that British society does not want Muslims in the West since it sees them only as a problem?

The Muslims don’t want to integrate or abide by western law. Just because they don´t want to wear nude clothes or at least cloth that can show how big her breast are... so these people failed to integrate. Just because they don't like free sex, consider dogs and pigs as unclean animals, eat halal meat, then these people failed again. What a dirty Bush mind you have!

Bilingual Muslim children need state funded Muslim schools with bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. They need to learn and be well versed in Standard English to follow the National Curriculum and go for higher studies and research to serve humanity. At the same time, they need to learn and be well versed in Arabic, Urdu and other community languages to keep in touch with their cultural roots and enjoy the beauty of their literature and poetry. There is no place for a non-Muslim child or a teacher in a Muslim school.

There are hundreds of state and church schools where Muslim children are in majority. In my opinion, all such schools may be opted out as Muslim Academies.

Iftikhar Ahmad

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlondonschoolofislamics(contact admin if its a beneficial link).uk"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlondonschoolofislamics(contact admin if its a beneficial link).uk[/url]

1) institutional racism doesn't mean what you think it means. Institutional bigotry is a predetermined and state sanctioned discrimination and/or denigration of an ethnic or religious group. This simply doesn't exist in British secular education. Social discrimination perhaps, but that can socially be overcome.

2) Frankly you have no idea what the millions of Muslims in Britain want, nor can you possibly know what each individual Muslim wants. So when you say Muslims don't want to integrate or abide by western law I can only assume you are arrogant enough to assume you can read the minds of millions of people. You don't know and you can't know.

3) Muslims don't need state sponsored faith schools any more than children need state sanctioned Santa Clause school. If a Muslim, Anglican, or whatever wants to learn their specific religion they can do it on their own time with their own money. They don't need to steal the money from other people to fund whatever religion they want to teach their children. It isn't the State's responsibility to teach anyone any specific faith, they should stick to basic education and let personal faith remain that, personal.

4) Your bigotry towards non Muslims in Islamic schools is not only sickening it is misguided. Society doesn't need schools that selectively discriminate ( hint this is sanctioned bigotry) towards their students on the basis on what belief they have. If you want to teach inclusion in humanity, excluding various groups and faiths is the exact opposite of this.

Edited by xocoti

[name=whitewrite' date='Jul 22 2011, 10:29 AM' post='1241891]

not long ago

a fellow member here who goes by the name

nonmuslim

and is canadian had written

"i dont believe in insulting others(and persons revered by others) but i will fight for the right to insult"

and i had asked him on the board"how can you choose to fight for something you have zero belief in?"

Whitewrite. What I said is a pricipal of freedom of speech . I may not like someone saying something about me, but I will defend their right to say it, unless of course it is slander, something that is untrue, and can be proved untrue in a court of law. Freedom is the only thing you have to give to your enemies in order to have it for yourself. This is a fundamental of democracy. If you've never experienced democracy, and most of the world hasn't, then you may have difficulty understanding it. In a free society, it is our right to criticize and anothers right to criticize us. Islamists in the west know this and take advantage of it. The Soviets had a controlled society during the cold war. The west had an open society. We all know who won that war. BTW, I get a sense you don't like arabs.

1) institutional racism doesn't mean what you think it means. Institutional bigotry is a predetermined and state sanctioned discrimination and/or denigration of an ethnic or religious group. This simply doesn't exist in British secular education. Social discrimination perhaps, but that can socially be overcome.

2) Frankly you have no idea what the millions of Muslims in Britain want, nor can you possibly know what each individual Muslim wants. So when you say Muslims don't want to integrate or abide by western law I can only assume you are arrogant enough to assume you can read the minds of millions of people. You don't know and you can't know.

3) Muslims don't need state sponsored faith schools any more than children need state sanctioned Santa Clause school. If a Muslim, Anglican, or whatever wants to learn their specific religion they can do it on their own time with their own money. They don't need to steal the money from other people to fund whatever religion they want to teach their children. It isn't the State's responsibility to teach anyone any specific faith, they should stick to basic education and let personal faith remain that, personal.

4) Your bigotry towards non Muslims in Islamic schools is not only sickening it is misguided. Society doesn't need schools that selectively discriminate ( hint this is sanctioned bigotry) towards their students on the basis on what belief they have. If you want to teach inclusion in humanity, excluding various groups and faiths is the exact opposite of this.

Good answer to the post. We have an issue in Canada, where Chistianity has been driven out of the schools, and that's fine. Religion is a private matter and has no place in the school. However, it has come to light, by a Hindhu group, that in a Toronto high school, the cafeteria is shut down for 1-1/2 hrs every Friday so Muslim students can pray. non muslims are banned. Girls are separated and girls menstruating are shoved to the back. This is gender discrimination and against our charter of rights. The school board is defending it by saying it keeps the Muslim kids at school. The provincial Premier refuses to discuss it. Because of our free press, this will not go away and hopefully it will be stopped very soon. We suffer, as you do in Britain from over the top political correctness(although not as bad here as in Britain). Governments have a tendency of saying No to any religious group, but often Yes to Muslim demands. This is what breeds anti Muslim sentiment in the West. Islam needs to be treated as just another religion with absolutely no accomodation.

Bilingual Muslims children have a right, as much as any other faith group, to be taught their culture, languages and faith alongside a mainstream curriculum. More faith schools will be opened under sweeping reforms of the education system in England. There is a dire need for the growth of state funded Muslim schools to meet the growing needs and demands of the Muslim parents and children. Now the time has come that parents and community should take over the running of their local schools. Parent-run schools will give the diversity, the choice and the competition that the wealthy have in the private sector. Parents can perform a better job than the Local Authority because parents have a genuine vested interest. The Local Authority simply cannot be trusted.

The British Government is planning to make it easier to schools to “opt out†from the Local Authorities. Muslim children in state schools feel isolated and confused about who they are. This can cause dissatisfaction and lead them into criminality, and the lack of a true understanding of Islam can ultimately make them more susceptible to the teachings of fundamentalists like Christians during the middle ages and Jews in recent times in Palestine. Fundamentalism is nothing to do with Islam and Muslim; you are either a Muslim or a non-Muslim.

There are hundreds of state primary and secondary schools where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands.

None of the British Muslims convicted following the riots in Bradford and Oldham in 2001 or any of those linked to the London bombings had been to Islamic schools. An American Think Tank studied the educational back ground of 300 Jihadists; none of them were educated in Pakistani Madrasas. They were all Western educated by non-Muslim teachers. Bilingual Muslim children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models. A Cambridge University study found that single-sex classes could make a big difference for boys. They perform better in single-sex classes. The research is promising because male students in the study saw noticeable gains in the grades. The study confirms the Islamic notion that academic achievement is better in single-sex classes.

Iftikhar Ahmad

Bilingual Muslims children have a right, as much as any other faith group, to be taught their culture, languages and faith alongside a mainstream curriculum. More faith schools will be opened under sweeping reforms of the education system in England. There is a dire need for the growth of state funded Muslim schools to meet the growing needs and demands of the Muslim parents and children. Now the time has come that parents and community should take over the running of their local schools. Parent-run schools will give the diversity, the choice and the competition that the wealthy have in the private sector. Parents can perform a better job than the Local Authority because parents have a genuine vested interest. The Local Authority simply cannot be trusted.

The British Government is planning to make it easier to schools to “opt out†from the Local Authorities. Muslim children in state schools feel isolated and confused about who they are. This can cause dissatisfaction and lead them into criminality, and the lack of a true understanding of Islam can ultimately make them more susceptible to the teachings of fundamentalists like Christians during the middle ages and Jews in recent times in Palestine. Fundamentalism is nothing to do with Islam and Muslim; you are either a Muslim or a non-Muslim.

There are hundreds of state primary and secondary schools where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism. Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands.

None of the British Muslims convicted following the riots in Bradford and Oldham in 2001 or any of those linked to the London bombings had been to Islamic schools. An American Think Tank studied the educational back ground of 300 Jihadists; none of them were educated in Pakistani Madrasas. They were all Western educated by non-Muslim teachers. Bilingual Muslim children need bilingual Muslim teachers as role models. A Cambridge University study found that single-sex classes could make a big difference for boys. They perform better in single-sex classes. The research is promising because male students in the study saw noticeable gains in the grades. The study confirms the Islamic notion that academic achievement is better in single-sex classes.

Iftikhar Ahmad

You sound like you want to blame British Muslim kid's inadequacies on the British education system. Why do you emmigrate to a country with a rich history steeped in Christianity. What is it you want next? Your own Muslim nation in Britain. Frankly, they have such a strong case of the disease known as political correctness, that I believe if you scream long and loud enough, you'll get it. They are so afraid of offending anyone that they are willing to give up their nation. If you keep making demands and don't integrate( you can keep your religion, private like all other religions) you'll always feel like a guest there. I pray that Canada never becomes as week minded as Britain, a once proud nation. We western countries welcome Muslims and then demands are put on us. We have systems of education. they're good enough for us, so they should be good enough for you. You are not special. You sound exactly like some of the black citizens in Toronto, who want their own schools because they have a culture of fatherless homes and the kids turn to gangs and lower their life expectancy. they feel somehow that if they are taught in a culture of African influence, they'll learn better. Guess who gets the blame. Canadian society. Take responsibility for yourselves by learning to live in the country your parents, or you immigrated to. Become good citizens. Many Muslims are good citizens and integrate easily. You don't deserve special treatment. No one does.

non muslim

bro

when i first met/read you i felt you are one of us who are open to learning

and i am totally irrelevant to this topic you people are discussing

am just using this instead of a personal message

i noticed a change

a certain/sudden halt to your imbibing of new info when some journalist in your area/locality was "defending the right to insult"

am i correct in my guess and my feeling that you have pulled down the drapes and are not open to inquiry and already decided about what is rightly must and which is rightly wrong?

Salaama

non muslim

bro

when i first met/read you i felt you are one of us who are open to learning

and i am totally irrelevant to this topic you people are discussing

am just using this instead of a personal message

i noticed a change

a certain/sudden halt to your imbibing of new info when some journalist in your area/locality was "defending the right to insult"

am i correct in my guess and my feeling that you have pulled down the drapes and are not open to inquiry and already decided about what is rightly must and which is rightly wrong?

Salaama

I am open to learning, but your religion has too many non starters that I'll never get past, because I believe them to be of a lower consciousness-killing apostates, for example. The consciousness of some of the people on this forum is not in line with mine. I rejected Christianity and I am 100% sure that Islam is not of interest other than to try to understand how some Muslims think. I feel there is a clash coming in the west between our ways and Muslim ways and demands. I mentioned the school problem because this is a prime example of Islamic encroachment into our way of life. All the other religions are respectful of our secular government and education system. Even moderate Muslims want to respect our ways and integrate. Trust me when I say that there will be a backlash as some of our weak knee institutions give in. Pople don't believe in special rules for one group, especially one that is centered in the arab world, and is so foreign to us. No religion can have a special place in a secular society, not even the dominant Christian religion. BTW, the right o insult is something I've always believed in. When I say insult, I mean that if you truly believe something, then you have the right to say it. I f your just trying to piss off someone or some group with total lies, then thats just rude and uncalled for. If I have a problem with some Muslim demands in my country, it is my right to speak out against it. It is their right to try and demand something, within the law. It is also the right of authorities to reject it. If they don't, and the public gets angry, then there will be protests and heads will roll (figuratively). The bottom line is. Many see an attempted Islamification of the west. Many are very angry with our governments and there apparent capitulation in the name of political correctness. This is our own fault and something that will be corrected before it gets too far out of hand.

Good answer to the post. We have an issue in Canada, where Christianity has been driven out of the schools, and that's fine. Religion is a private matter and has no place in the school. However, it has come to light, by a Hindhu group, that in a Toronto high school, the cafeteria is shut down for 1-1/2 hrs every Friday so Muslim students can pray. non muslims are banned. Girls are separated and girls menstruating are shoved to the back. This is gender discrimination and against our charter of rights. The school board is defending it by saying it keeps the Muslim kids at school. The provincial Premier refuses to discuss it. Because of our free press, this will not go away and hopefully it will be stopped very soon. We suffer, as you do in Britain from over the top political correctness(although not as bad here as in Britain).

Well a few things. The gender discrimination and menstrual discrimination, while something I disagree with as coherent idea, is perfectly fine to do in ritual practices. The issue, as I think you alluded to is that it is being practiced on state property during school time. After hours they can do as they please. At least that is my opinion.

That beings said the school has its heart in the right place in that it wants to keep students close to the school and looks out for their safety.

Governments have a tendency of saying No to any religious group, but often Yes to Muslim demands. This is what breeds anti Muslim sentiment in the West. Islam needs to be treated as just another religion with absolutely no accommodation.

I don't think this is always true. I think Muslim requests may be different that what is normally requested in a culturally Christian society which may cause some confusion, but I usually don't find that the requests themselves are outlandish or an excessive burden.

Bilingual Muslims children have a right, as much as any other faith group, to be taught their culture, languages and faith alongside a mainstream curriculum.

I would say in addition to, not alongside. There isn't an Islamic way of doing math any more than there is an Islamic science experiment. Beyond the practical should be up the parents on how they teach their child the significance of those things. If a Muslim, Christian, or even secular students wants a unique education the State shouldn't pay for that. The State should be focusing on the basic education of the population.

More faith schools will be opened under sweeping reforms of the education system in England. There is a dire need for the growth of state funded Muslim schools to meet the growing needs and demands of the Muslim parents and children. Now the time has come that parents and community should take over the running of their local schools. Parent-run schools will give the diversity, the choice and the competition that the wealthy have in the private sector. Parents can perform a better job than the Local Authority because parents have a genuine vested interest. The Local Authority simply cannot be trusted.

Given that you have said that you would exclude non Muslims from attending a Muslims school I can't see how you would think that this would offer diversity to anyone.

The British Government is planning to make it easier to schools to “opt out†from the Local Authorities. Muslim children in state schools feel isolated and confused about who they are. This can cause dissatisfaction and lead them into criminality
Even if this is true, isolation will not be overcome by further isolating students from British citizens of other ethnic, social, and religious groups. Social organizations should be formed around the school to provide a social environment for Muslim, Christian, gay, atheist, etc students, not a separate school for each so that they never have to meet each other.

and the lack of a true understanding of Islam can ultimately make them more susceptible to the teachings of fundamentalists like Christians during the middle ages and Jews in recent times in Palestine. Fundamentalism is nothing to do with Islam and Muslim; you are either a Muslim or a non-Muslim.

I don't think it is in the British public interest to segregate their citizens into Muslims and Non Muslims. That maybe your personal opinion but I don't see how the State would benefit by giving you money to promote it.

There are hundreds of state primary and secondary schools where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion all such schools may be opted out to become Muslim Academies. This mean the Muslim children will get a decent education. Muslim schools turned out balanced citizens, more tolerant of others and less likely to succumb to criminality or extremism.

More tolerant of others if you never meet them?

Muslim schools give young people confidence in who they are and an understanding of Islam’s teaching of tolerance and respect which prepares them for a positive and fulfilling role in society. Muslim schools are attractive to Muslim parents because they have better discipline and teaching Islamic values. Children like discipline, structure and boundaries. Bilingual Muslim children need Bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods, who understand their needs and demands

Bi lingual has nothing to do with being Muslim.

Iftikhar Ahmad

Yea, except Islam doesn't teach to separate boys from girls because of good grades. It teaches based on sexuality, morality, and impurity. I don't think Muslim schools are a bad thing, but they shouldn't receive state funding no matter how good they are, just as a Christian, Hindu, or Buddhist school shouldn't either no matter how exceptional. If they want to have a unique curriculum they should be able to, but not be financed by the taxpayer.