Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cureseeker

Strong Desire To Learn Arabic, But No Way To...

My heart desires to learn Arabic VERY much... But there are no classes or sessions in my area, and nor do online ways help. i want to learn modern dialect so I can speak arabic with almost anyone, and then work on specific dialects, such as lebanese or syrian after.. Of course, I have a bit of an upperhand because I can read the Quran quite fluently, and being a Pakistani, speaking urdu, I understand quite a few words of Arabic... But the problem comes in on where do I learn? Any support will be greatly appreciated... If there are any books, name a few that I might find at a local library.

Jazakallah

PropellerAds

My heart desires to learn Arabic VERY much... But there are no classes or sessions in my area, and nor do online ways help. i want to learn modern dialect so I can speak arabic with almost anyone, and then work on specific dialects, such as lebanese or syrian after.. Of course, I have a bit of an upperhand because I can read the Quran quite fluently, and being a Pakistani, speaking urdu, I understand quite a few words of Arabic... But the problem comes in on where do I learn? Any support will be greatly appreciated... If there are any books, name a few that I might find at a local library.

Another reason as to why I want to learn arabic is because my soon to be wife is arabic, and I want to be able to speak arabic with her as well.... But the main reason is not because of her, but because I really badly want to learn it either way since I was a child

Jazakallah

Be patient and wait for a while. I'm sure your wife will enjoy teaching you, insha'Allah :sl:

As-salamu alaikum

Is Urdu read the same way as Arabic?

If you can read the Qur'an fluently in Arabic, then I suggest you start learning vocabulary from the Qur'an. A lot of words in the Qur'an are repeated, so that makes it easier. Read it along an English translation. It is not the easiest way to learn but it can work. Check out if you have a friend who knows Arabic and ask him for assistance.

Unfortunately, people confuse Urdu with Hindi because they 'seem' similar, especially because in Bollywood, they say they speak hindi, but in reality, its urdu.

Hindi is similar, but at the same time very different, even in context.

Urdu is a mixture of hindi, farsi, arabic, and turkish.

The writing is of arabic

The speech of of arabic, farsi, hindi, and turkish

Reading urdu, Im okay at it, but im getting better, but the Quran, im fluent alhamdulillah

Asalaamu Alaykum

There is a online course that you can enrol on which comes highly recommended. Its a 2 year course and if you are serious about arabic then this will greatly benefit you. you can find out more by looking at the website you are not allowed to post links yetshariahprograms.ca there is a free trial available. there is no quick fix and in my experiance you need not waste time learning different dialects as anyone that speaks arabic understands fushaa.

Jzk khair

Ala'adin

I would suggest that you enrol on a course and stick initially to what they give you to learn for the first few months. Its important that you dont confuse yourself as the language has great depth. But if you are not on a course at the moment there is no harm picking up a book and trying to understand it, but you will need someone to teach it to you.

Jzk khair

Ala'adin

I wish i could get a course or something, but there is no place for me to study, and I cant study online, because i cant have my family knowing that i am studying arabic. they dont know about the girl yet, and i dont want to lie to them, and i dont have the money to pay for a course, but the library is a safe place because i go there sometimes for studying. and because of visiting th elibrary, i am also visiting the masjid often, my heart is feeling happier.

Alsalam alikum,

I think it would be good to have arabic friends then.

Try to find arabic friends then.

i have learned and then written a book to teach urdu speaking pakistanis how to read write and speak russian in 40 days

and i have witnessed those folllowing my written instructions learn to read write and speak russian in 40 days

i tell you this to encourage your trust in what i am about to tell you

and it works for any language in the world

any language

1st you need an arrabic speaking friend, or movies with arabic subtitles if you are somewhere you cant find an arabic speaker

next you need a dictionary of arabic to yourr language

and another of your language to arabic

these make two dictionaries

remember the colloquial lingo, meaning the mundane/usual/every day language spoken in any society is an aggregate of 1200 to 1600 words only(1600 words is a databse of a person considered above average)

those words are used in different sequences for communication among any society members

so

if you even have a data of 800 words to express your

feelings,wants,likes,dislikes,moods,deiisres goals beliefs and thoughts

you can easily communicate in that foriegn language

dialect preferences are really a waste of time if you ask me

knowledge and your ability to make the other person understand what you wish, is what communication is for and about

and as a rule A RULE

a native actually loves the dialect of a foriegner and finds it wrapped in innocence

so dont waste time trying to change your native dialect

in truth your roots should obviate from your dialect or else you are sseen as feeling inferior by the native eye(the only language this is not true about is arabic but the syrian and lebanese dialects are only syrian and lebanese they are not pure arabic of hijaz)

now about learning those 800 words

keep a diary in your pocket all day long

you will get mind messages'i must know how to express this feeling'

write it down, the word in your native laanguage

during a routine day

you will feel curious about 15 words at least

each should be written in your diary,when it knocks on your urge to know,

now

at night

take the dictionary of your native lang to arabic

and make a list of the native word facing the arabic word on the same page

cram/memorize the 15 words like you did 2 _2's are four and four 2s are eight

next morning

the first thing you need doing is to review your memory by hiding the arabic but showing the native word

now you repeat this at lunch(see note at end of post)

and before bed too

while, you will also be coaxed during the day for 15 more words that youll feel you MUST know

and they should be written as and when and where each word descends into your wish to know

at night

first review your past 15 words

hiding the arbic with one hand and reading the native word to repeat it in arabic hidden under your hand

and then you cram/memorize today's fresh 15 words¡ext morning review the 30 you know repeating the exercise in front of the open notebook you have started compiling and same at noon & night

while by night,ofcourse you will have a lsit of the 15 fresh/new words that your mind wished knowing and you wrote down in your pocket diary

so the third morning you will be exercising with 45 words

60 on the fourth morn

and 75 on the fifth

by 40 days you will havean aggregate of 600 words

that will never leave your memory

and once those 600 are settled in your brain, they will make further learning eaiser and eaiser each day aftter the 40 th

but during these first 40 days

you must read as many aarabic roadsigns papers shopnames

hoarding that you see

just read, understanding is not the purpose but familiarisng your eyes with the spellings is

if you have an arab friend you should learn pronunciation of the new words you memorized the same day(which is only possible if she is your wife) or the next day

however

anything you ever read or learn

you must always tell yourself

knowledge is the road to knowing Allah

so i am learning to know Allah more

anything

even if it is how to tune your bike or wash your car

because when you focus that way

each minute/hour/happening will be teaching you some more of Allah's Grace and Magnificience and Mercy and Splendour

best of luck

i have learned 2 languages the above way

and i am sure it will work

just give yourself to those first 40 days' routine

salaam

PS i missed writing that each time you review the words you already memorized

first you hide the arabic under your hand with nativee words showing

and then you repaet the exercise with the arabic words visible and the native hidden

each noon and night you first rpeat the latest 15 your memorized last night and then repeat the previous days' words too, bothways as told above

if possible

give us your feedback after 20 days

salaam

Edited by writewhite

Jazakallah everyone.

First and foremost, to writewhite, JAZAKALLAH BROTHER, THAT IS AN AMAZING, YET SIMPLE, YET LOGICAL AND CONVENIENT PLAN, AND I WILL MOSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT DEFINITELY TRY IT.

Next, Do you think that 40 days is enough to become fluent!! People say it takes you 2 years or so... But I can already read arabic, there are some similarities in urdu and arabic, the problem is understanding what im reading. Its like french, Its written in english style, but the words might be similar, but im still clueless, only recieving hints of what is being said.

But all in all, i will try what you said, im going to go get a dictionary now. Jazakallah.

salaam

:sl:

You may also try here:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=729715"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=729715[/url]