Islamic Forum
SaracenSoldier

Us Elections 2012

That was random and off-topic.

PropellerAds

Those binding rules are ridiculous in all honesty. As for Ron Paul, I'd like to see him drum up more and more support at the conventions, we already have seen what happened in Maine as well. When he speaks, he changes people's minds and he was the only Republican candidate that truly has or had an inclusive message, as well as having the broadest support of any Republican.

There are issues here in Virginia as well, the Obama is not wanting the Democrats to run anyone in districts that are solidly Republican so that he can hopefully keep down Republican turnout. In my own district, there is a nominal Democrat councilperson looking to run, but she isn't exactly getting any major support because she's up against Randy Forbes and his district includes the Naval Base in Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach up to southern Chesterfield county. Forbes has easily won re-election every time so Obama in a political move wants to try and keep Republican-leaning voters home.

My problem I have with Romney and Obama though is that they seem so similar. And I don't see anything changing with either of them. Plus, both of them change their positions often enough. Ron Paul has been extremely consistent in his stances, and when he has changed anything it is because his constituents petitioned him and he learned about it. That's what you ask of them. And has been mentioned so many times...the military supports Ron Paul because he will finally bring them home. I have family in the military and they just want to focus on the US right now, not on being in the Middle East and being in Germany and being in Japan and being in...well you get the point.

• Like 1

That was random and off-topic.

I'm so sorry for interupting your little world. I rather think my post was more ON topic than yours. What does american politics have to do with an Islamic forum? Apart from those policies whcih might peripherally impinge upon the Muslim world perhaps.?

ron

I'm so sorry for interupting your little world. I rather think my post was more ON topic than yours. What does american politics have to do with an Islamic forum? Apart from those policies whcih might peripherally impinge upon the Muslim world perhaps.?

ron

This section is titled political front - Ron you need to learn to start posting in the relevant sections as you were told before.

Yes, I'm sorry, I should have started a new post. But even that I thought would have sounded equally rude,

It was just that I was so impressed with the images I'd discovered - I thought they were definately political.

I must say, however that I havn't been clear about what Politics is being referred to here. Any politics anywhere?

Anyway, again, my apologies.

Ron

For as long as I've been here, the politics section was just that: a section to start threads on anything political. I would venture a guess that because the political subforum is in the "General" section of Gawaher, the threads started in it have to do with Islam as much as the "Just for Fun" subforum (which is also under the General section) does.

I just didn't see the connection a Facebook group had to the immediate topic for this thread, which is the 2012 U.S. elections. Granted, I didn't really peruse the content of the group, so perhaps it had something to do with American politics. If there is, I apologize.

Edited by Wanderer

No, I'm sorry to say it didn't have anything directly to do with the thread. But there were an amazing number of images (if you clicked on the first picture and then proceded from there) which made me think 'why do we need politics or religion in the world anyway?' We only need common sense!

regards,

ron

Edited by Ron Shirt

Well, Ron Paul hasn't conceded and won't officially concede the nomination at this point. I also don't expect him to endorse Romney at any point really, though Rand did (there are several reasons he did so, not the least of which because he said he would).

However, as Ron Paul said the other day, this Revolution is bigger than one person. The goal is to change the Republican party, and seriously it is already starting to happen at the state level. I know of about 6 states right now (and I'm pretty sure there are others) where the state conventions and state leadership are filled with people that support Ron Paul and his message. That's the real agenda as far as it goes. To take back the Republican party from the ultra-religious groups and return it to libertarian limited government roots.

Unfortunately , The American People will have to choose in November , between two liars . And Ron Paul is no different , in addition Paul is a hypocrite ,who criticizes Social Security , but collects benefits from it .

Paul is not a hypocrite. He wants to change social security, he hasn't said to get rid of it in one fell swoop. He realizes for instance that seniors have planned for social security their entire lives, his criticism of it is because it is entitlement that won't exist for all those paying into it now.

Ron Paul is also one of only a couple members of Congress who refuse to take a Congressional pension. Did you know that as long as a member of Congress serves 1 day, they are entitled to a pension and other benefits for the rest of their lives that are vastly superior to what the rest of Americans get. For instance, healthcare. If we got the same healthcare members of Congress did, there would be no complaints whatsoever from the citizens of this country, on either side of the aisle. But Congress won't do that because they're special.

Paul is wrong , at present the Social Security system is sound , it is the Medicare that needs fixing , due to fraud and inefficiency . In addition Social ecurity is owed approx $1 Trillion dollars which has been "borrowed from " by government . Paul has also lied about the Federal Reserve , which he wishes to abolish .The Fed is indeed private banks , but they take instruction from the Federal Reserve chair body . All interest accrued by those Banks is funneled back into the US Treasury . Paul uses half-truths in his arguments which are in effect LIES . Besides all of that he has ties to White Supremacist Groups , Birchers and 9/11 Truthers . There's good reason why he only recieved about 3% of primary votes .

That's funny. The Federal Reserve system is essentially unconstitutional. Go back and look. And the Fed Reserve Chairman is outside the authority of Congress and the people, so again that is unconstitutional. Social Security is NOT sound. The only way it would be sound is if everyone paying into it now is guaranteed to receive later, which is not the case. People my age and younger will never see a cent of social security.

You know, those accusations against Ron Paul have been debunked many times over. You know who started them? The RNC and the DNC with support from the Mainstream Media. The fact is, Ron Paul scares them because he has intense and loyal supporters. In fact, he is the only non-racist person running you could make the argument for. The media has taken many of his quotes out of context, but when you see/hear the whole thing, you realize how intelligent and correct he is.

Only got 3% of primary votes? Where are you getting your numbers from? You better back that up with proof or remove that claim really.

Yoiu are correct nightingale that 3% should have been 3 States in which Paul won a majority of delegates .My error there .

Then how is it that Dr. Paul actually has a majority of delegates in SIX states right now, and a larger number of delegates that are bound to Romney (at this point) that are actually Paul supporters?

Want me to name the states he has a majority of delegates at? Maine, Minnesota, Iowa, Louisiana, Nevada and Virginia. Plus he holds delegates (almost half) in Massachusetts (or he did before the Massachusetts GOP decided to break their own rules again) as well as several in Nebraska, Arizona, Michigan and Texas (though I don't have exact counts).

The mainstream media wants you to believe that Paul only has fringe support, but really he has a large number of supporters spread throughout the country. And what is more, we have taken control of several states' GOP apparatus. So that will keep the Ron Paul Revolution running. :)

Ron paul has a long history of racist commemnrts , newsletters and affiliations with White Supremacist groups and Neo-Nazi groups .

Tell me Nightingale , how does one author newsletters then claim that they were either written by someone else or taken out of context ? These affiliations and newsletters go back decades ,and all one need do is Google his name .

Oh wait ...you believe that right ?

On the verge of winning one of the total of three states , he walked out of a televised news conference when confronted with these facts , the press /media has basically ignored these facts since early on Paul was not showing as a serious contender , else there would have been an avalanche . I will not post links because anyone can find a favorable website for any particular point of view . I crosscheck all information available before reaching a conclusion .The overwhelming content of information gathered, points to the FACT , that Paul has authored racist newsletters , has been endorsed by White Supremacist and Neo-Nazis groups including the KKK .Google is available to anyone and any serious crosscheck of information will provethat for decades Paul has been making racial comments , writing racist newsletters and affiliated himself with like minded groups . A similar honest croscheck of claims made by Paul regarding the Federal Reserve will reveal the lies and half-truths Paul has gone on record as saying .

Unfortunately , people around here [ and also many other blogs ] believe that posting a link is PROOF , used to verify a particular point of view . It all depends on the MOTIVE and AGENDA of the particular poster using them .There is no intelligent excuse that can be made for being gullable .If you're smart enough to operate a computer then you're smart enoug to research and crosscheck any information .

The only reason that I am aware of that anyone associates Ron Paul with racism is because he supports the rebel flag of the Confederacy and is admired by the League of the South (a NeoConfederate group that I myself would be a member of could I afford it).

I call bull right here and ask for proof or admit you are making false statements against Ron Paul.

p.s.

I have a rebel flag too & nobody in their right mind who knew me would call me a racist. I am an Islamic southron and will continue to be so

Edited by abdullahfath
  • Like 1

That's why he's FOR releasing non-violent offenders from jails (over 80% of which are Blacks or African American to be PC), that's why he is AGAINST affirmative action (believing both that it treats Blacks, sorry African-Americans, as second-class and also disagreeing on principle) and why he is AGAINST the Patriot Act in all its forms. Yeah, he MUST be racist right?

Do you know how many racist things people say all the time, especially lawmakers here in Richmond (90% of whom are Black and Democrat)? Do you know that Ron Paul has a staff that handle a lot of things, so he doesn't always do so? Ron Paul is a SUPPORTER of states' rights as a Constitutionalist. That is why he is supported by Southern groups that tend to be construed as racist. One of my favorite quotes of his: "We don't need minority rights, we don't need women's rights, we don't need gay rights...(and that is where the media stops but he doesn't) what we NEED is HUMAN rights."

Edited by Nightingale

Abdullahfath , Paul is not called a racist because he owns a confederate flag .....who told you that ? LOL...I dfo not even know if owns a confederate flag . He's a racist and called a racist because for over two decades he has written racist newsletters and made racist statements . Even going back to MLK , whom he disparaged by making racial remarks .This is all a matter of record .

Are you right or left handed ? Well take your index finger and type Google , then type Ron Paul .....you'll then have all the proof you need .

Nightingale , the notion of " States Rights " has been around a long time . States do have rights but they do not trump Federal law .Most of Pauls arguments are based in States Rights , and he may be correct on some issues ,but on The Federal Reserve he is dead wrong . As far as his record of racist letters and statements , you would blame that on his staff ? You are quite gullible if you believe that . A man is responsible for every word that leaves his mouth , especially a public official , so you must then believe that he says and writes things that "he really doesn't believe " ?

Tell me Nightingale and Abdullahfath , of Pauls political positions , name the one you like best .

May your chains rest lightly upon you, Aligarr.

I'd LOVE to see you use something you didn't find on Google to back yourself up Aligarr. Or from the Mainstream Media. But I know you can't. For one, you seem content to live in a world with no liberty or freedom whatsoever. Well, you'll probably get your chance.

I am more free than you can imagine Wanderer . And never bound by chains or tether .

Nightingale , Google is only a gateway to all media information . Not only Google but there are several search engines .In addition there is the traditional media in print ,radio tv and on video .....thus there is no real excuse for being misinformed other than predisposed bias or just plain laziness .

BTW , Nightingale , I am against affirmative action , that's got nothing to do with racism and everything to do with fairness .as for releasing non-violent criminals , well you'd have to go on a case by case basis , Bernie Madoff is a non-violent criminal , but should remain in jail till he dies . That's not a racist notion either .None of what you mentioned are reasons why or why not Paul is considered a racist .He's been associated with ,and found favor with White Supremacist groups , he's written racist newsletters , and has made racist statements , going back to the times of MLK . If you dont trust the internet , then go to the library , you will find the same information there .