Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joker37

Is It Okay To Get Blood Transfusions From A Non-muslim?

Asalamualaekum!

I am Muslim and my mum says no but I'm wondering if it iss true, then where in the Koran/Hadith it says this?

Thanks!

PropellerAds

Wa alaikumu as-salamu wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=2577&CATE=115"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=...77&CATE=115[/url]

Wa alaikumu as-salamu wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=2577&CATE=115"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_qa.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/issue_view.asp?HD=...77&CATE=115[/url]

"It is permissible for a (severely) sick person to drink blood and urine,"

Haha, yeah, drinking urine and/or blood cures nothing.

"just as there is a dispensation in drinking alcohol for a person dying of thirst"

Alcohol dehydrates you faster, it's a diuretic... if you were dying of thirst, it'd be better to not drink anything than to drink alcohol.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting my medical advice from the Qu'ran.

"It is permissible for a (severely) sick person to drink blood and urine,"

Haha, yeah, drinking urine and/or blood cures nothing.

"just as there is a dispensation in drinking alcohol for a person dying of thirst"

Alcohol dehydrates you faster, it's a diuretic... if you were dying of thirst, it'd be better to not drink anything than to drink alcohol.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting my medical advice from the Qu'ran.

Firstly, the Qur'an doesn't even speak on these issues. Secondly, if you bothered to understand the point of the article instead of nitpicking, you would see that there is no medical advise being issued. It is a matter of permissibility, not a matter of "this is good for you, do it".

The rule in Islam is that what is forbidden becomes lawful when there is necessity for it. The scholars used the example of alcohol because it is a substance that is forbidden in Islam. Meaning, alcohol becomes lawful if an individual's health is at risk. Does the Qur'an say drink alcohol when you are dying of thirst? No. This was an example given by a scholar who lived over a thousand years ago. At a time when alcohol's dehydrating effects were not known. His point still stands, which is that unlawful becomes lawful during necessity.

But on the issue of drinking (camel) urine, you say it cures nothing.

Do you have proof for this?

Salam.

Show me one paper in the International Journal of Medical Science that shows drinking camel urine to cure anything isn't completely ridiculous.

"Is It Okay To Get Blood Transfusions From A Non-muslim?"

Why wouldnt it be?

Exactly...

ron

Show me one paper in the International Journal of Medical Science that shows drinking camel urine to cure anything isn't completely ridiculous.

Medicine is an ever-changing field, where things are constantly discovered and information is constantly updated. "Camel urine" might sound ridiculous to you, but you have to keep in mind that it might hold components the scientific community hasn't yet taken the time to study. Every cure and disease in existence hasn't yet been discovered.

Salam.

What, exactly, does it cure?

Urine is filled wit the chemicals and by products that the body has filtered out and needs to get rid of. It's not a super-fun-happy miracle-cure.

The camel's body got rid of it for a reason.

So, what is camel urine actually supposed to cure?

Also, show me one instance where camel urine has been the only factor in someone's treatment of a condition, and it's demonstrably worked.

What, exactly, does it cure?

Urine is filled wit the chemicals and by products that the body has filtered out and needs to get rid of. It's not a super-fun-happy miracle-cure.

The camel's body got rid of it for a reason.

So, what is camel urine actually supposed to cure?

Also, show me one instance where camel urine has been the only factor in someone's treatment of a condition, and it's demonstrably worked.

The sister wasn't saying that it DOES cure anything. What she was saying was that it might be found one day that there are some curative properties to be found in camel's urine.

Salaam,

ron

Urine of animals has some medicinal properties. Google Premarin.