Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joker37

Are Pigs Dirty?

Asalamalaikum.

In the Koran, does it actually say that pigs are dirty as justification for why Allah (SWT) made it haram?

I know in some English translations of the meanings of the Koran it mentions that pigs are dirty but what about the original Arabic script?

I heard that it doesn't really say that pigs are dirty in the Koran but it does in the Bible.

My question, if it doesn't say that pigs are dirty in the Koran do we have to believe that they are dirty?

If it's only in the Bible, do we just consider it as a possibility for it being forbidden?

Thanks

PropellerAds

Walaikum As Salam

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "I find not in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maitah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork); for that surely is impure or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah (or has been slaughtered for idols, or on which Allah's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But whosoever is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits; (for him) certainly, your Lord is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #145)

- It is clear that Allah has forbidden the flesh of pigs because it is impure

- Muslims don't eat pork because Allah forbade it and prophet Muhammad didn't eat it. The reason we don't eat pork is not because it is in the bible as we get our guidance from the quran and hadith.

- I think its the word rijsun that translates as being impure/dirty etc, however an arabic speaker might be better at translating the word.

Edited by Lost_In_Paradise

Walaikum As Salam

Say (O Muhammad Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã): "I find not in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maitah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork); for that surely is impure or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah (or has been slaughtered for idols, or on which Allah's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But whosoever is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits; (for him) certainly, your Lord is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

( ÓæÑÉ ÇáÃäÚÇã , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #145)

- It is clear that Allah has forbidden the flesh of pigs because it is impure

- Muslims don't eat pork because Allah forbade it and prophet Muhammad didn't eat it. The reason we don't eat pork is not because it is in the bible as we get our guidance from the quran and hadith.

- I think its the word rijsun that translates as being impure/dirty etc, however an arabic speaker might be better at translating the word.

Why did god create the pig if it's unclean? just curious...

Because God has the power to create what He wants and how He wants. That is like saying why did God create satan. By creating the pig and forbidding the flesh of swine God is testing us and those who follow Him are His true believers. God tests us with many things.

:sl:,

My question, if it doesn't say that pigs are dirty in the Koran do we have to believe that they are dirty?
Actually it is mentioned in Quran what meats are permitted to eat and what aren't. So yes it says in Quran not to eat the flesh of swine.

I cannot speak on behalf of God but I will say the pig is actually a very unique and interesting creature in itself. It does a great job of eating wastes and other stuff most animals don't eat. In a way it is a sort of recycling machine. Anyway it is not permitted to eat. I hope I've answered your question.

Hasib

Because God has the power to create what He wants and how He wants. That is like saying why did God create satan. By creating the pig and forbidding the flesh of swine God is testing us and those who follow Him are His true believers. God tests us with many things.

why hasn't god destroyed satan yet? also, if god is testing us, but god knows everything, including the future, thus he knows what we're going to do anyway, so what's the purpose of these tests? also, why hasn't god destroyed satan yet??

^^ Pretty much.

What's the point in testing us if he already knows the answer, anyway?

Either these "tests" are pointless, or God's not omniscient.

Also, I'm never gonna give up sausages wrapped in bacon. Ever.

why hasn't god destroyed satan yet? also, if god is testing us, but god knows everything, including the future, thus he knows what we're going to do anyway, so what's the purpose of these tests? also, why hasn't god destroyed satan yet??

Humans can't know the answers to everything, and things are not always the way we want them to be but that is where faith comes in. You either believe or you don't. Maybe you should start a new thread about it because it is off topic with are pigs dirty.

What's the point in testing us if he already knows the answer, anyway?
Since you've stated as non-religion I take it you are this way with other religion discussion boards. Anyway to answer your question, though you might not understand, the point is to test us and see who is the best among us.

Also, I'm never gonna give up sausages wrapped in bacon. Ever.
That is your choice. Islam by the way cannot be forced upon people. You have to readily accept it. Same applies to children born in Muslim families. There is no compulsion in religion.

Totally disregarding how unhealthy that is anyway :sl: