Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cruorem_Deus

Space Marine

Ok, since this place doesn't have an off topic forum, this seems like the best place to post this.

Has anyone played Space Marine, yet?

Seriously, I'm hooked on it, it's amazing.

If anyone plays it on the 360, and has XBL, and wants their rear end handed to them via jump pack and chainsword/thunder hammer, lemme know. :sl:

Only 50 melee kills 'till I get 500 melee kills. :no:.

Oh, and FOR THE EMPEROR!

Side note: Also, if anyone plays Warhammer 40,000, lemme know. :sl:. I play Ultramarines, Tyranids and Necrons. (Maybe I'll upload some pics of my painting... if I can be bothered.).

Edited by Cruorem_Deus

PropellerAds

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_farm7.static.flickr(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/6074/6129866361_ee09eab069.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_media.curse(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/content/images/2011/august/warhammer-40k/CaptainTitus-small.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_images.wikia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/spacemarine/images/2/25/Space_Marine.png[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_images.holyfragger(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/images/pictures/10312L.jpg[/img]

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_images.holyfragger(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/images/pictures/10310L.jpg[/img]

Edited by Cruorem_Deus

Not into Warhammer, etc. Never really interested me. Btw you should post this in the brothers section(even though it is dead). What other games do you play?

Ok, since this place doesn't have an off topic forum, this seems like the best place to post this.

Has anyone played Space Marine, yet?

Seriously, I'm hooked on it, it's amazing.

If anyone plays it on the 360, and has XBL, and wants their rear end handed to them via jump pack and chainsword/thunder hammer, lemme know. :sl:

Only 50 melee kills 'till I get 500 melee kills. :no:.

Oh, and FOR THE EMPEROR!

Side note: Also, if anyone plays Warhammer 40,000, lemme know. :sl:. I play Ultramarines, Tyranids and Necrons. (Maybe I'll upload some pics of my painting... if I can be bothered.).

I think these games can seriously damage one's psyche. I got hooked on 'Doom' sometime ago and it still scares me to think that I can still remember a lot of the rooms, spaces, nooks and crannies and activating buttons. Not to mention 'The Enemy'!

I don't want my memory banks filled with this garbage thankyou very much. I think it could well be a recipe for senility in one's old age. Talk about self abuse!

Ron

I think these games can seriously damage one's psyche. I got hooked on 'Doom' sometime ago and it still scares me to think that I can still remember a lot of the rooms, spaces, nooks and crannies and activating buttons. Not to mention 'The Enemy'!

I don't want my memory banks filled with this garbage thankyou very much. I think it could well be a recipe for senility in one's old age. Talk about self abuse!

Ron

Actually, playing violent video games tends reduce stress and works as a really good outlet for any aggression.

They can also help combat depression.

RTS games also help with your ability to multitask.

Oh, and it doesn't "rot your brain", especially when there are difficult challenges and puzzles within a game.

Oh, and it doesn't "rot your brain", especially when there are difficult challenges and puzzles within a game.

You know, I'm a little curious..when you become 'space marine' shooting and blowing up things, how ludicorous it is to assume that you are actually the 'master' of the whole thing,who gets to decide who lives and dies, which planets to anihilate etc etc simply because you spent 20 bucks buying the game? The simple fact is, even the most miniscule act such as pulling the trigger involves hundreds if not thousand lines of codes by nameless invisible programmers..yes Cruorem, the fact that you have spaceships, planets, obstacles, ground, killings fields and what not are due to millions of lines of codes by these invisible programmers..and you think your 'space marine' charavter was a real hero with victories and destiny in his hand??? Think about it Cuorem, oh and enjoy the game..:-)

You know, I'm a little curious..when you become 'space marine' shooting and blowing up things, how ludicorous it is to assume that you are actually the 'master' of the whole thing,who gets to decide who lives and dies, which planets to anihilate etc etc simply because you spent 20 bucks buying the game? The simple fact is, even the most miniscule act such as pulling the trigger involves hundreds if not thousand lines of codes by nameless invisible programmers..yes Cruorem, the fact that you have spaceships, planets, obstacles, ground, killings fields and what not are due to millions of lines of codes by these invisible programmers..and you think your 'space marine' charavter was a real hero with victories and destiny in his hand??? Think about it Cuorem, oh and enjoy the game..:-)

It's a story, like any other.

It's just more interractive than a book, or a film.

As for the millions of lines of code, well, to be able to write those lines of codes, and compile them into a game, with a story that pulls you in and makes you feel like part of it, making you feel like you're a part of that universe, that's an art, no less an art than music, or film, or prose.

Space Marine isn't just this game, though, it's built on the lore and backstory of a 35 year old franchise, that's been advancing and developing and getting better for three and a half decades.

Spoilers alert... well, kinda. Just an amazing cutscene:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=sgm0ukLqOyI&NR=1"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=sgm0ukLqOyI&NR=1[/url]

It's a story, like any other.

It's just more interractive than a book, or a film.

As for the millions of lines of code, well, to be able to write those lines of codes, and compile them into a game, with a story that pulls you in and makes you feel like part of it, making you feel like you're a part of that universe, that's an art, no less an art than music, or film, or prose.

Cruorem, that is all and well but aren’t we missing the bigger picture here? Surely any rational person would never conclude that a book, a film and even the most basic of games such as the pacman etc are without an intellect, motivation,purpose behind them or they are something that appear from nothing or from some freak accidents? Look around at our own world and the universe and even within ourselves, wth all the systems and intricacies, more complex that anything we ousrselves could ever design and created, you space marine would not even be like a 'stickman' in comparison to the real world, how could then anyone with a rationality and common sense fail to see the intellect behind all these?

Cruorem, that is all and well but aren’t we missing the bigger picture here? Surely any rational person would never conclude that a book, a film and even the most basic of games such as the pacman etc are without an intellect, motivation,purpose behind them or they are something that appear from nothing or from some freak accidents? Look around at our own world and the universe and even within ourselves, wth all the systems and intricacies, more complex that anything we ousrselves could ever design and created, you space marine would not even be like a 'stickman' in comparison to the real world, how could then anyone with a rationality and common sense fail to see the intellect behind all these?

Would you mind rephrasing?

Kinda don't see what you're getting at. >_<

Would you mind rephrasing?

Kinda don't see what you're getting at. >_<

OK, would you ever accept that your space marine game is without intelect, purpose and motivation behind it? I am drawing parallel between your computer world and the real universe we are living in...You or no one would ever accept or embrace such a ridiculous notion yet when it comes to something beyond compare in complexities and intricacies..diffrent sets of standards or rationalities is applied..why?

Edited by RAHIMI

Sorry, man, no idea what you're on about.

Asked a few mates and they're just as confused, so it's not just me. >_<

Sorry, man, no idea what you're on about.

Asked a few mates and they're just as confused, so it's not just me. >_<

Which part don’t you get? When we see things working in order and in systematic ways, our common sense and rationality tells us that there are intelligence,creators, designers etc behind them, this is true for your space marine world. Why are you not applying the same common sense and rationality when it comes to the real world we are living in now? According to you, human complex body and the entire universe are just a result of some freak accidents, you would never accept that for your space marine's world, why are you accepting that for the real world?

Ah, I see what you're getting at now, thanks for clearing it up.

Firstly, I don't think this existence is an "accident", the word "accident" implies that there was someone who messed up.

The 40k universe is a FICTIONAL universe, you can't draw that parrallel between a fictional universe and the real one. The real one is a result of natural forces, the fictional one is obviously the result of intelligence.

Warhammer 40k is not real. The characters, the setting, the technology, the backstory, everything is a construction of human creativity.

As for common sense, common sense is quite often wrong. I mean, if you look out at the horizon, common sense would tell you that the world is flat. Common sense would tell you that stars are tiny little lights and not massive spheres of nuclear fusion billions of lightyears away. Logic, evidence and reason trumps common sense every time, and quite often, to be accurate, you have to ignore what common sense is telling you and focus on what the evidence is saying.

A lot of this reality we can explain without the need for creators, or gods or dieties. Take for example, this "complex body", it's the result of 3 billion years (rounding up) of random mutation, selected naturally by the environment (Natural selection.). However, what we don't know, like "What existed before the big bang?", doesn't mean we can pretend to know these answers and be accurate about it. You believe that Allah created everything, but until the scientific method is followed, and evidence for this "hypothesis" is provided and scrutinized, taking into account all that we already know through the same self-correcting methood, I simply cannot bring myself to believe in a creator.

Honestly, I much prefer conceding to the fact that I don't know. No one does, and claiming to know the origin of everything, based on a 1400 year old book, written by a primitive society that was scared of the unknown - rather than fascinated by it - is a sign of intellectual dishonesty.

After all, isn't it better to say "I don't know." and try to find out the answer in such a way that you know your answer will be as accurate as possible, than to say "I do know!" and accept the first answer you come across, believing something unsupported by evidence, which could easily be wrong, and commit to that answer, regardless?

Especially if the latter prevents you from examining and trying to find out the real answer.

The 40k universe is a FICTIONAL universe, you can't draw that parrallel between a fictional universe and the real one. The real one is a result of natural forces, the fictional one is obviously the result of intelligence.

Notice a contradiction somewhere here? In your space marine world, if you come across a ball that spins around at certain rate or revolution per unit time on its axis and move around another ball, that’s a product of intelligence and yet in the real world, we have a ball, which is our planet, that spins around in atomic clock precision, that moves around much bigger ball,which is our sun, that’s a product of ‘natural forces’??

And while we are at it, what natural forces are you talking about here, can you tell me that? Is it the wind, the gravitational force, the planets, the moon, the sun or what??

As for common sense, common sense is quite often wrong. I mean, if you look out at the horizon, common sense would tell you that the world is flat. Common sense would tell you that stars are tiny little lights and not massive spheres of nuclear fusion billions of lightyears away. Logic, evidence and reason trumps common sense every time, and quite often, to be accurate, you have to ignore what common sense is telling you and focus on what the evidence is saying.

When we are talking about common sense, we are talking about much simpler things that makes sense to everybody, hence COMMON sense. When you arrived home and found a steaming cup of coffee on the table, it is common sense to deduce that someone put it there. Believing that the world is flat is not common sense, it is one of the things that some people used to believe because they did not know any better..

Ahh, and there is always this to fall back on:

Honestly, I much prefer conceding to the fact that I don't know. No one does, and claiming to know the origin of everything, based on a 1400 year old book, written by a primitive society that was scared of the unknown - rather than fascinated by it - is a sign of intellectual dishonesty.

You are talking as if science is the ONLY way that we can establish facts, yet we can establish the fact that we have a set of great great great grandparents that lived one thousand years ago through common sense, logic and reason. Nothing scientific about that,is there? Intellectual dishonesty? Look here, small ball: "a product of intelligence, much bigger and real BIG ball: uh uh no inteligence required and strictly some unknown 'natural forces' which I can't named".. Sounds to me the one with intelectual dishonesty here is you Cruorem..

Edited by RAHIMI