Islamic Forum
Ice

Why God Made Me Ugly ?

Why did God make some people ugly and others good looking? It’s not fair. I find myself looking in the mirror and wondering why I have to be so ugly and have such an ugly body when all my friends are pretty and have nice bodies and they are tall. Why was God unfair to me like this? I have Seen Attractive people are appreciated in All parts of their life. I have a life too I have feeling and I want to be tall too like my friends. They get the beautiful partners in their life and people like us who are ready to sacrifice my life for anyone get rejected because of looks and my height. Its not Fair :sl:

PropellerAds

It is obligatory for us to believe that all of Allah's creation is beautiful, because Allah, the Khaaliq (Creator) does not create anything except with beauty and perfection, which is why He says to mankind: You can see no fault in the creation of Ar-Rahmaan [the Most Merciful]. Then look again: Can you see any rifts? Then look - again and yet again, your sight will return to you in a state of humiliation and worn out. [Al-MuIk (67): 3-4].

In Islam, beauty is not just in the eye of the beholder. Beauty is in the whole of creation, because Allah - the One free of all imperfections - is the one responsible for it. And as Allah says: Your Lord creates whatsoever He wills and chooses: no choice have they. SubhaanAllah! And far removed is He from the partners they ascribe [to Him]! [Al-Qasas 28:68].

So it is from the wisdom of Allah that He has chosen to create some of us short, others tall, some fat, some thin, some dark-colored, some light - all are beautiful and perfect in their own right. That is why we are taught from the Sunnah, the beautiful du'aa (supplication) that the Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam would say: 'O Allah, as You have made my appearance beautiful, likewise make my character beautiful. - ('Allahumma kama hassanta khalaqee fa hassin khuluqee").

We must bear in mind that this search for the 'body beautiful' is, in reality, a deception from Shaytaan. Shaytaan has vowed that he will create such false desires in mankind. He has said (as stated in the Qur'aan): Surely I will arouse in them (mankind] false desires; and certainly I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allah. [An-Nisaa (4): 119].

May Allah always keep us safe from the false promises of Shaytaan, for verily Allah is the One Who guides to the Truth.

As-salamu alaikum

First, are you praying your daily prayers? If not, then you should start doing so. Until you start praying you will be in a state of spiritual darkness and don't think that it won't affect you physically. If you are praying, keep up the good work and put your trust in God.

Some have more in life than others. We all know it. You need to be thankful for what you have. God tests people through various ways. He has said that He tests people with bad and good. To get rid of this feeling you need to look at people who are below you and worse off.

Look at those have been born physically disformed, even downright monstrous we could say. Look at those who have sicknesses that render their faces and bodies absolutely repulsive in terms of attraction between genders. Look at those have been in horibble accidents. Look at those who are crippled and paralyzed and simply won't be able to enjoy a partner because they are physically unable to do so. Yet a lot of these people remain thankful and obedient to God. If these people are able to do that, I am sure we all can.

Do you have serious sicknesses? Can you walk? Can you see? Can you type with your fingers? Be thankful for what you have because there are people who are ugly and lack even that which you have. I am not saying your ugly, though. Most often these are cases of poor self-esteem and trying to compete with others. Which brings me to my next point. There is a such thing as inner beauty. There are people who aren't really that physically attractive but they are seen as goodlooking because they have an inner light that shines on their face, due to their personality and charisma etc. You need to work on these. That starts by asking for God's help.

You need to work on yourself. Instead of just complaining about your appearence, do something about it. Get a nice haircut. A haircut sometimes can make or break a person. Seriously, even super attractive people won't look that attractive if they have a messed up hairstyle. Go to a gym, start training and improve your physical appearance. You can make a whole physical transformation by going to the gym. Study and work hard in your field of work. Passionate people who are passionate about something are respected. What is certain is that complaining and being miserable is not really going to change anything.

I'm going to touch on self-esteem again a bit. There are actually people who are tall, handsome and beautiful but don't feel comfortable in their own skin. People who make the average person think, "Why are you worrying about this in the first place?!" Yes, there are tall people who feel short etc. But then there are people who are ridiculously short, yet they feel comfortable in their own skin. Self-esteem.

There is pretty much a market for everybody. Most likely you are an average person with poor self-esteem. If that is the case, then there is somebody out there, inshaa Allah, who would like to marry you. Get in where you fit in. I mean if the world's fatest man (over 1000 lbs!) can get married and fit in somewhere (excuse the pun), I am sure we all can.

As for fairness, what makes you honestly think that you are so deserving of good looks that it makes it unfair for God to not give it to you? Think about it.

May God guide you and make you beautiful.

Why did God make some people ugly and others good looking? It’s not fair. I find myself looking in the mirror and wondering why I have to be so ugly and have such an ugly body when all my friends are pretty and have nice bodies and they are tall. Why was God unfair to me like this? I have Seen Attractive people are appreciated in All parts of their life. I have a life too I have feeling and I want to be tall too like my friends. They get the beautiful partners in their life and people like us who are ready to sacrifice my life for anyone get rejected because of looks and my height. Its not Fair :sl:

Firstly, God didn't make anything, y'kinda have to exist to make stuff.

Secondly, all of those magazines you see with exceptionally beautiful women on the front covers (Not ###### mags, celebrity mags.) are all airbrushed and photoshopped, and unrealistic, so don't try and compare yourself to rubbish like that, or hold it as any kind of standard - it's all fake. All that'll do is lower your self-esteem and make you feel even uglier.

I doubt you're particularly ugly, and even if you are, so what? Anyone worth being with won't look at you for your outward ugliness, but go for you, as a person.

Just in relation to what Younes said about being thankful for what you have and looking at people worse off than you, here is a hadith referring to that

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Look at those who stand at a lower level than you but don't look at those who stand at a higher level than you, for this would make the favours (conferred upon you by Allah) insignificant (in your eyes). Abu Mu'awiya said: Upon you. (Sahih Muslim Book #042, Hadith #7070)

Don't be hard on yourself. Everyone has their own uniqueness and their own talents. Stop comparing yourself to others. And as for people rejecting people on the basis of looks, they don't deserve you because they fail to look pass appearance. As the old saying goes, don't judge a book by it's cover. It's easy to blame God when things are not the way we want them to be but did you consider what other things God has provided for you in life that other people don't have - it may make you feel better about your situation.

Everyone is grateful for what Allah has bestowed upon them. It's not until you make comparisons do you find displeasure in what you have. Do not make comparisons in what you have and what others have as it may be that they lack something that you have in abundance.

Assalamualikum

I'm just adding to the above replies which are very good(apart from Cruorem_Deus' first point - which is just wrong):

I don't know about your specific situation but bro, a lot of things can be changed with hard work and discipline. For example if someone is unhappy about the shape of their body then they should get up and do something about it like exercising. They don't have to join a gym just do running or swimming. If someone wants healthy hair and an awesome looking skin then eat lots of fruit. Maybe 6- 10 fruit a day everyday(makes a lot of difference inshAllah). There's so much you can do to benefit yourself but just never ever give up and never ever have a negative mentality.

Ask Allah for help and thank him and then get up and change your life.

BUT always remember the most important thing. That is that this life is short and a test and you will have extreme unimaginable beauty if you make it to Jannah where you will be soo handsome that your wives will not even look at anyone else but you. That is the main goal. It doesn't matter about this short life which is passing. This also doesn't mean you become careless and let yourself go in this life.

May be Younes Is right I have Major self esteem problems. I am not Ugly.. I am a good looking guy but the main problem is My height I am just 5'4 or 5'5 that's what I hate . Going to gym will make me look more big but not tall. God has given me everything in Life but I don't why I sometimes feel so depressed. I don't know what to do with my life. I am a Muslim but I don't pray I don't Fast I drink alcohol ( not Always but occasionally and I flirt). I want to do something with my life.. I don't know where am I going I am not happy. I got rejected by a girl few days ago with whom I wanted to marry and loved her so much. Not because of my looks but because she was a Ismaili ( Khowaja ). She said you are great guy but I cant marry you because we don't marry outside of our community and my father wont allow me. After that I have become depressed and I joined this community , Negative thoughts keep running through my mind whole day. May be she was telling me the truth or may be she just rejected me because of my height. I want to pray but something is stopping me from doing it ..... I have done every Bad thing in life from which God has stopped us .. I Want TO DO SOMETHING WITH MY LIFE GUYSSS I AM NOT HAPPY ... HELP MEEEEEEE :sl:

May be Younes Is right I have Major self esteem problems. I am not Ugly.. I am a good looking guy but the main problem is My height I am just 5'4 or 5'5 that's what I hate . Going to gym will make me look more big but not tall. God has given me everything in Life but I don't why I sometimes feel so depressed. I don't know what to do with my life. I am a Muslim but I don't pray I don't Fast I drink alcohol ( not Always but occasionally and I flirt). I want to do something with my life.. I don't know where am I going I am not happy. I got rejected by a girl few days ago with whom I wanted to marry and loved her so much. Not because of my looks but because she was a Ismaili ( Khowaja ). She said you are great guy but I cant marry you because we don't marry outside of our community and my father wont allow me. After that I have become depressed and I joined this community , Negative thoughts keep running through my mind whole day. May be she was telling me the truth or may be she just rejected me because of my height. I want to pray but something is stopping me from doing it ..... I have done every Bad thing in life from which God has stopped us .. I Want TO DO SOMETHING WITH MY LIFE GUYSSS I AM NOT HAPPY ... HELP MEEEEEEE :sl:

My brother. May I suggest something? Go to this link: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_kalamullah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/anwar-alawlaki.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_kalamullah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/anwar-alawlaki.html[/url]

Scroll down and download 'The Hereafter' series. Listen to it. Then download 'The Lives of the Prophets' and listen to it. Whichever you want first. Whenever you're free listen to them. They will increase your knowledge and your Iman inshAllah. Also on the same link are other very good lectures you can check out like the Lives of the Prophet Muhammad(saw) and the Sahaba(ra). Listen to them. Take your time. There's no hurry. After you're done then come back and tell us how you feel.

As-salamu alaikum

Well, it is pretty obvious your main problem here is the fact you don't practice Islam. You need to start praying your five daily obligatory prayers and fasting and keeping away from indecent sins like drinking and flirting. You need to realize that prayer is an obligation. It is a fixed appointement. You don't miss an appointement with your boss, business asssociates, friends or family. What about God then when He has the most right over you seeing that He created you? In the Qur'an, in Surah 74 the inhabitants of Paradise ask the inhabitants of Hell what led them to Hell. They will answer they weren't of those who pray. The Qur'an in Surah 19 says that those who have lost/wasted Salat will face destruction - except those who repent and do good deeds.

The fact is that the Qur'an uses extremely powerful language when it instructs one to pray. It doesn't merely say, "Pray". The Qur'an says in Surah 23 that the believers will successful - those who guard their Salat. In Surah 2, God orders us to guard our prayers and to stand devotedly to God. It says guard your prayers. You aren't ordered to guard something which is unimportant. Furthermore, God commands us to uphold the Salat for His rememberance. Uphold, like guard, is a strong word.

The thing is nobody is going to pray in your place or fast in your place. You have to get a hold of yourself and do it. You aren't being asked to move a mountain or cross the sea or ascend to the Heavens. The affair is very near for you to do it. We can advise you but we can't do anything in your place.

Depression is a common trait found in people who have disobeyed God. God is calling you back. God says in many in the Qur'an that He afflicts His slaves so they would return back to Him. Take, for example, Prophet Yunus (pbuh). He left his people without God's permission so he ended up in the belly of a great fish. God said that had he not been of those who glorify Him, he would have stayed in its belly until the Day of Ressurrection. This is a chance for you to repent and return to God.

You say that you are goodlooking which is a lot more positive than your first post. I was going to say this in my first reply but I didn't because you sounded very depressed but I will say it now: For some people being ugly is actually a favour. Why so? Because had they been extremely beautiful, they would have transgressed all bounds.

As far as height goes, there are plenty of people that are 5'4-5'5 that are married. But to tell you the truth, height is the least of your problems right now. You also need to watch the people whom you frequent. You don't want to get married to people who hold deviant beliefs.

In short, my advice is to get back on track with Islam and serving God, figure out a job that you would like to do and then find a wife to marry. And don't be depressed about height. Tall men aren't the only ones who marry.