Islamic Forum
Noora.

Time Line Of Islam

I am asking on behalf of a sister who has just reverted/converted to Islam.

"Time Line of Islam From Judaism, Christianity to Islam"

"First remember I am a new Convert so, don't let me offend anyone. This is put up here just to help me and others figure some things out. So I have learned in class that Islam started with Judaism and then to Christianity finally Islam. I was told that people who died at the time of their religion, when it was before the acceptance of the next, they will go on to paradise. So, how is this? Next, the Old Testament has had to be changed. I say this because There are thing that are in there that make Allah appear human. Example is when he repents for creating mankind. Also, when he couldn't find Adam and Eve in the Garden after they ate the apple. He asked them to come out because he couldn't find them. So, when was the bible correct and who changed it? Thanks for your help! "

PropellerAds

Wa alykom alsalam, sister

You didn't say alsalamo alykom!!! You should, next time inshaa Allah

First I have to congratulate you, and all the new reverts, you are sinless now. All of your old sins had been forgiven and wiped out, by the favor of Allah. You have now a clear, white sin page. I hope I were one of you, Plz, try to keep it as it is.

Second, if you felt sorrow about the time you spent away from the god, repented and regret for the sins you have done, by Allah's favor, all of them will converted to good deeds,

"Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful" Quran 025.070

I hope Allah to support you and strengthen you on the right path, Amen

"First remember I am a new Convert so, don't let me offend anyone.

Sister, in Islam, you aren’t allowed to ask, but you are obligated to. Any thing you don't fully know or understand you have to ask about. the prophet of god (p) exalted those women whom asked, even in the women staff queries, he said, what is meant, "god bless the Alansaar women (those inhabitants of Madenah), although they have a lot of shy, that didn't block them to ask to have the knowledge"

This is put up here just to help me and others figure some things out. So I have learned in class that Islam started with Judaism and then to Christianity finally Islam.

Islam began even before that since the time of Adam (p), while we have to clarify one linguistic point here, Islam as a word can be used in two meanings:

The General meaning, which means the absolute submission and surrender to the only one god, Allah,

we can call it (belief), which is fixed and never changed with time. And consequently obeying him, performing what he ordered me and abstaining from what he forbids. Which can be called, worshipping (activities), While that part differs from prophet to another and from time to another.

Islam, specific meaning, have the same beliefs as all the previous religions. while in the worshiping activities we have to follow what Allah revealed to his last messenger, Mohammad (p).

I was told that people who died at the time of their religion, when it was before the acceptance of the next, they will go on to paradise. So, how is this?

Absolutely right, how obedience they had to the right religion at the time, and we will be the same.

What is your opinion?

Next, the Old Testament has had to be changed. I say this because There are thing that are in there that make Allah appear human. Example is when he repents for creating mankind. Also, when he couldn't find Adam and Eve in the Garden after they ate the apple. He asked them to come out because he couldn't find them.

You are right sister, not only that the the OT describes the god as drunkard and un-mercy killer, likes to shave with hired razors,…..the OT also give a very bad non-humanitarian pictures for most of the prophets of god, the OT is filled with illogic, non scientific, non-reasonable and contradictory matters.

So, when was the bible correct and who changed it? Thanks for your help! "

Most of what you and me said about the OT is applicable to the NT too, on smaller scale.

Who/how/why/where/when is a big issue, that the bible critic scholar spends their lives to find. While for now:

Why Jesus didn't preserve only one copy of the bible to the next generations? or any peace of paper in his Aramaic language or even the Hebrew?

While when Allah decided to preserve the Quran, he, All Mighty invented a pioneer way he replaced the papers and scrolls by the human mind. 1000s of the prophet companions memorized the whole Quran, and then transmitted it to the new generations, and so on tell now.

A big problem is that, we have 1000s of the Greek manuscripts not two of them are identical. The most dependable ancient of them are from 3-4 centauries after the Christ (p), after the 325 AC Nicaea council, non of them in his own language (Aramaic) or even (Hebrew)….. then which is which?

When the scholars reached a very near copy of the NT to the 3-4th centaury, which is the Revised Standard Version (RSV), published in 1952. The Christians refused it, since it omitted the trinity verses and told the son of god is a miss-translation it may be the servant of god, and many other significant changes….

There are 100s of different translations of the bible which edition and which denomination's bible is the right one?

Do the Catholic (their bible have 73 books) added extra 7 man made books to the god's word or the other denominations (Protestants and Orthodox their bibles have 66 books) lost 7 chapters of the god's word?

Allah be with you and guide all the humanity to the right path, Amen

"Time Line of Islam From Judaism, Christianity to Islam"

"First remember I am a new Convert so, don't let me offend anyone. This is put up here just to help me and others figure some things out. So I have learned in class that Islam started with Judaism and then to Christianity finally Islam. I was told that people who died at the time of their religion, when it was before the acceptance of the next, they will go on to paradise. So, how is this? Next, the Old Testament has had to be changed. I say this because There are thing that are in there that make Allah appear human. Example is when he repents for creating mankind. Also, when he couldn't find Adam and Eve in the Garden after they ate the apple. He asked them to come out because he couldn't find them. So, when was the bible correct and who changed it? Thanks for your help! "

Assalamualikum

Islam did not start with Judaism, it started with Adam(as). The Prophets and Messengers were sent by Allah(swt) with the same message of monotheism(tawheed). The people who followed the message that Musa(as) and Jesus(as) came with were believers and inshAllah will go to Paradise. Because Musa(as) was a Messenger from Allah(swt) and so was Jesus(as), therefore, whoever followed their message was a believer. I am talking about the ORIGINAL message of these Prophets(as) not the changes that were made by people later on in time. And you are correct, the bible was changed by people over time. People came up with things like trinity, etc later on after their Prophets(as) had passed away. They changed the original message of the bible. The people who followed the original message that the Prophets were sent with were believers. People who followed things like the trinity were not. Changes to the bible were made by people over time. So by the time Prophet Muhammad(saw) was sent with the Quran the bible was corrupt. It has some of the original message that Allah(swt) sent but it is mixed with falsehood as well.

The bible was changed over time. Many different times by many different people.

Does that make sense? I hope its more clear now inshAllah. Let me know if I didn't explain properly.

I HIGHLY recommend you listen to 'The Lives of the Prophets'.

Go to this link: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetkalamullah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/anwar-alawlaki.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetkalamullah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/anwar-alawlaki.html[/url]

Scroll down to 'The Lives of the Prophets' and download and listen inshAllah.

Also, on the same link scroll down further until you come across 'Quest For Truth - Salman al-Farisi'. This lecture will answer some of your questions as well inshAllah.