Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marker

New Brother

As-Salaamualaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh

My name is Marker. I am a Danish male, so sorry for my bad English.

I have been searching into Islam for about 3 years and about 3 months ago i said my sincere shahada, alhamduillah!

but!.. as any other new muslim i have my problems.

Biggest thing right now: Im all alone.

I live on a small island where there, as i know of, is no muslims at all. Surdently not a Masjid. No muslims have seen me since i said the shahada, wich is the reason why i dont say "took" the shahada, because i´m not sure if it is valid? The nearest Masjid is over 3 hous away, and cost a minimum of about 50 dollars (converted from Danish kroner) each way. I am planning on moving there, but i got no money (read no job) at the moment and the place is not that easy to find an appartment. What do i do until then?

Otherwise i am so happy and thankful that Allah subhanahu wa ta´ala has guided me back to his way of life and given me this peace in my heart. I´ll give you the story (and with modesty, i think it will be exciting for you to read about inshaallah) and i am looking forward to be sharing, caring and chatting with you all.

May Allah guide us

PropellerAds

and i meant to say that, i will give you the story as soon as i get the time inshaallah

Walaikumsalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh!

Welcome to the forum dear brother but more importantly welcome to the Islamic Ummah :sl:! Until you meet Muslims in real life we are here for you inshAllah. Can't wait to read your story. May Allah bless you!

And check this out. InshAllah it will benefit you: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_kalamullah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/new-muslims.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_kalamullah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/new-muslims.html[/url]

Thank you very much, also for the link and this lead to my first two of many questions.

I have done alot of mistakes both doing wudu and the prayers, but i have also read somewhere that as long you do what you know to do and it´s not because of ignorance, the prayer is valid? Can you or anyone confirm or deny this to me?

Also, i have learned the recitation of the prayer for almost all parts, except not the parts where you recite other parts of The Quran. I have yet to learn arabic and it takes time for me to remember all these parts. Is this a valid reason and does the prayer then counts? Allahu alam

I have been searching into Islam for about 3 years and about 3 months ago i said my sincere shahada, alhamduillah!

I live on a small island where there, as i know of, is no muslims at all. Surdently not a Masjid. No muslims have seen me since i said the shahada, wich is the reason why i dont say "took" the shahada, because i´m not sure if it is valid? The nearest Masjid is over 3 hous away, and cost a minimum of about 50 dollars (converted from Danish kroner) each way. I am planning on moving there, but i got no money (read no job) at the moment and the place is not that easy to find an appartment. What do i do until then?

Otherwise i am so happy and thankful that Allah subhanahu wa ta´ala has guided me back to his way of life and given me this peace in my heart. I´ll give you the story (and with modesty, i think it will be exciting for you to read about inshaallah) and i am looking forward to be sharing, caring and chatting with you all.

May Allah guide us

wa alykom alsalam wa rahmat Allah w baraktoh,

ma shaa Allah wa la kotaa ela bellah, you're welcome my brother, Marker, to your creator way.

a naw sin free brother, plz make Doaa for your Egyptian brother: Ahmad

First I have to congratulate you, you are sinless man. All of your old sins had been forgiven and wiped out. You have now a clear, white sin page. I hope I were you. Plz, try to keep it as it is.

Second, if you felt sorrow about the time you spent away from the god, repented and regret for the sins you have done, by Allah's favor all of them will converted to good deeds,

"Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful" Quran 025.070

about your shahada did you beleive in heart and say "Ash-hado an la elaha ela Allah, wa Ash-hado an Mohammad rasoul Allah" do you think Allah heard that!! then you are a Moslem, brother.

you aren't alone brother Allah is with you..

and then all of us here will be with you too, brother

my only, lonly advice for you now. take it easy, may be slow but steady.

i'm Asking Allah the all-knowing and most meciful to support you and strenthen you and all of the Moslems, brother

Thank you very much, also for the link and this lead to my first two of many questions.

I have done alot of mistakes both doing wudu and the prayers, but i have also read somewhere that as long you do what you know to do and it´s not because of ignorance, the prayer is valid? Can you or anyone confirm or deny this to me?

Also, i have learned the recitation of the prayer for almost all parts, except not the parts where you recite other parts of The Quran. I have yet to learn arabic and it takes time for me to remember all these parts. Is this a valid reason and does the prayer then counts? Allahu alam

As-salamu alaikum

Yes, brother, your shahada is valid. You don't need to say it in front of a crowd.

Brother, God is very merciful.

On no soul doth God Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray:) "Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith." (2:286)

You have a valid excuse, espcecially considering the fact that you don't have anybody in your area who can properly teach you. Just do your best and don't get discouraged. Nobody excpets you to know from the beggining. It takes some time, especially considering that you don't know Arabic. May God reward you for your efforts and increase you in knowledge.

Thank you AHMAD, Younes and SaracenSoldier.

Thank you very much for your answers, welcomings and may Allah protect you and guide you.

So as promised, i want to share my story with you inshaallah. My English im affraid, is not very good but i´ll try to make it understandable and keep it short inshaallah.

Bismillah Ir-Rahman Ir-Raheem.

I was born on a little island called Bornholm, that has Denmark to the west, Sweden to the north, Russia to the east and Polen/Germany to the south.

My parents got divorced when i was around 8 years old (wich is nowadays a common thing for most children in Denmark) and after that i mainly lived together with my Mother.

In Denmark we got a Christian/Lutherisk thing, called "The Confirmation".

Basicly, it is that when you are around 13 years old, you are supposed to confirm your faith in Christianity, al tough as any other Christian traditions in Denmark, it no longer really has anything to do with God and religion. Actually the way you celebrate it, is by allowing the new "Confirmant" his/hers first alcoholic drink and the whole family get´s wasted together. I went and said "yes i believe in Jesus (alayhi wasalam)", but mainly so that i would get presents and alcohol.

I was never really religious. I always knew that Christianity had so many flaws and couldent be true and both my parents was/are atheists.

At that time (13 years of age) i already had started sneaking around in the bushes at night, for drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes.

Actually we also smoked some pot that we got from one of the others big brother. When i was around 15 years old i was drinking atleast once a week and have had my sexual debut at that time. Still, what i have described so far is not a unusual childhood in Denmark. Also when i was 15, i started listening to alot of heavy and deathmetal music.

I played the drums in a band for around 3 years, that mainly had anti-christ lyrics to it. After those 3 years, i became 18 years old and moved to the big city (Copenhagen) so that i could drink and do what i wanted. At that time, my relationship with my Mother and Father was at a very bad state. My Father was/is a hard alcoholic.

Back when i was around 10 years old, he would sometimes beat me and the fall asleep, so i had to take care for myself with food and so on.

My Mother was/is a pretty conservative/right-wing when it comes to politics and i was pretty opposite to that, so i never really respected her.

In Copenhagen i was partying almost every night of the week for around two years, not thinking about getting any kind of education or anything else to be honest.

I was in and out of jobs all the time (mainly with organisations like Amnesty and Greenpeace) and i grew a pretty radical anarchistic vision (sorry my lack of better expression) and started to think that this capitalistic world had no meaning to it. What really was going on, was that because of my lack of money, my big amount of alcohol og weed (once or twice i also did cocain, but i cant really remember Astaghfirullah) and my general hate towards the norms of society. It was at this point i heard and read about true Islam for the first time.

Of course, since being in Denmark, i heard about those terrorist in the media all the time, but because of my radical left believings, i never watched television or anything like that.

We sat and smoked joints and listened to reggae/rap music and one of the guys being there was a Muslim. I started to ask him about Islam, but he wouldent really talk about it, so i started looking it up for myself on the internet and on the library

2 years went by and i became 22. I was still drinking, smoking (3-4 times a week) partying, having random sex (sorry, just telling the truth), but also i was lying, stealing money and clothes from my friends, shoplifting, being lazy with no job or education and i felled miserable.

I was not depressed, but felt like nothing in this world matters and got indifferent with life.

However i was still searching and reading about Islam and in the Quran, cause i always felt something when the subject came to that.

I started to realize some of the true evidences and beauties of Islam, but was still thinking "a God cant be real and even tough these thing fits, there is still so much i dont understand" so i started coming to the point where i would be out drinking, partying and at the same time be talking about The Quran and Islam, but always going in the end "Hah, if i diddent knew better i would become a Muslim".

Then about 7-8 months ago i moved back to Bornholm, because i couldent take care of myself anymore and i was pretty messed up.

It gave me time to read The Quran in silence and peace, alhamdulillah. Also it made me completely forget about alcohol, so i diddent really drink anymore.

I read it trough and everything made sense to me, but i was still "affraid" that this could be the truth, cause that would change my whole life. Then one day i used around 16 hours on just looking at scientific reports and going back and forth in The Quran and searching on the internet for articles and videoes about Islam that would give me answers.

I remember that i got stuck on the question of "if it should be a prove of God, that the univers is expanding but could it not just be going back and furth like big band/big crunch thing?" and i put my hands to my face and prayed that, wich many non-belivers do at some point of their life "if you a true, prove it to me!". I then looked up surat Ar-Rahman and i felt complete. Everything came clear to me.

The gardens benath, the seven heavens (know thats not in that surat, but it was everything) the wisdom behind why the deen is healthy and correct for mankind, why Allah subhanahu wa´tala wants us to pray (tough i still cant figure out why we cant have a full night sleep during summertime since it is supposedly good for us, but Allah knows best) and so on.. Mixed with my logical thinking, i really felt Islam (still in lack of better words) and so i said the shahada and kept saying it, turning my mind to the creator and for the first time in my life i feel comfortable being human and on this earth. I just know now so i have no choice. I must be the best Muslim for the sake of Allah and mankind, that Allah subhanahu wa ta´ala has meant it and will guide me to be. Allahu Akbar

As-salamu alaikum

That was a good read, brother. Mashaa Allah.

Assalamo alaikum dear brother

Welcome to Islam, and welcome to the forum.

Many thanks for sharing your story. It is so beautiful and it touches the heart. Alhamdo l'Ellah that you was guided to the true path.

I pray that Allah will always be with you, and you will never be alone again.

We are all here for you. Just ask, and we'll try our best to help you.

As for your prayers, you can just start by memorizing surah 112. Prophet Muhammad said that reading it equals reading third of the whole Quran. We do have a little nice way to help you recite it correctly (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/pages/t/112/"]here[/url]. You can click any word to listen to how it should be pronounced. And you have every word both in Arabic and in ABC letters/characters, plus translation of the meanings (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/1/Q/112.htm"]here[/url], to make it easy for you to read, understand and then memorize.

Later on, you can memorize other chapters by going here:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=42453.html&"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=42453.html&[/url]

I also suggest that you browse this topic:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/257749.html"]Quick How-to Guide For New Muslims[/url]

And we're ready for any questions that you may have.

May Allah subhanahu wataala bless you and always guide you, and may the Quran always enlighten your heart and keep you in the right path, ameen.

brother, Alsalamo alykom wa rahmah Allah

brother, i'm so happy for you, and please, ask Allah to forgive all the sins and to guide your Egyptian brother: Ahmad and his family and all the Moslems, Amen

that was too kind of you and that story is too helpful to us and the others, and i hope you to accept my advices after checking it.

i committed some bad kinds of sins (sorry, just telling the truth)

i believe, it's preferable in Islam not to tell about your sins or to name it. you may generalize the categories and the doers. except for special educational purposes.

i believe it would be better, next time to say i committed some bad kinds of sins and i'm asking Allah to forgive it.

why Allah subhanahu wa´tala wants us to pray (tough i still cant figure out why we cant have a full night sleep during summertime since it is supposedly good for us, but Allah knows best)

Allahu Akbar

But, Praying in time will give you a full night healthy (from medical poit of view) sleep brother. the first prayer in Egypt at 4:30 am and the last day prayer at 6:30 pm, that gives me 10 hours for sleeping. You don't need more than 7:30 hours, brother

Moslem prayers:

As a mechanical engineer, when seeing any new machine, you have to ask about the manufacturer's operation manual and the maintenance manual.

These manuals will provides you with the proper way to operate and maintain that machine, what are the schedule maintenance for it (daily/weekly/before and after operation/ after 5/10/100 hours of operation….). that will make the best use, availability, and best operation for the longest time. And mostly the manufacturer will tell you, this machine have to work on regular basis. And if you don't need it for more than some specific period of time, then you have to operate it for maintenance purposes or you will lose that machine.

And the same for human being, he suppose not to stay 12 successive hours on a chair/concentrating on computer/watching the TV/sleeping all the day/flipping the day and night, he needs some kinds of physical and spiritual maintenance. And Allah provided that and more.

That question has been raised by an American officer to a Moslem man. The Moslem re-ask how many times do they gather (formations) in military? And at what times? And why is that?

The officer replayed: normally 5 times a day

Getting up formation at 5.00 am

Lunch brake formation at: 12.00 pm

Departing to home formation at 3.00 pm

Dinner formation at: 5.00 pm

Going to sleep formation at: 8.00

Why? That supports the best performance for the human being, the whole company, the whole army and hence the whole society. That's the best from health care, economical (best use of day light and energy saving) and military points of view.

The Moslem replayed that's 90% coincide with the Moslem prayers, and then reasked re-asked:

What about refreshing your self by washing the face and hands each time?..... That's great

What about meeting your community and friends in 5-10 minuets spiritual and sport practice?... Excellent

What about Standing in a straight row foot to foot and shoulder to shoulder –next to your brother- doesn't matter who are you or who is he, in brotherhood and love?.....lovely

What about some very important spiritual and meditative role in feeding the human unseen part, the spirit?.........outstanding

If you did this then you are just imitating the Moslem's 5 prayers a day.

What if you are in private job and no one controls you? You may loose the benefits of this system!!

What if you have no job at all, that will help killing the lonely feeling and the laziness and allow you to have the minimum required physical and spiritual sport activity for a day.

the prayer will make the best use of your day will help in health care and spiritual status and help you economically, will spread love and mercy in society, and many many other benifits.

and, Allah knows more

salam alikum

Its great to hear about converts coming into Islam everyday in different parts of the world, I think your place is different with so much little muslims around, and your case of knowing about Islam is also different, only meeting a muslim while listening to music then you started your search !!

Al hamdullilah brother you have made that choice .. barak Allah feek, insha Allah learn more and stay strong, not an easy world out there, especially when you are alone like that

Salam

Brother, We are all here for you .

salam, perhaps you can stay with another muslim, im sure they will be happy to put you up, as i would.

so interested to hear your experiences, thoughts about Islam, mushallah. may god bless you and raise you up to heaven.

Mabrook! Allahu Akbar :sl: (Congratulations, God is the greatest).

May Allah keep you on the straight path brother!

I'm also a revert, so welcome to the clan :sl:

May Allah guide us

I am a Christian and I have great peace that passes understanding. What were you before you became a Muslim? and why did you do it? I am an artist I did this oil painting

Peace

post-37118-1319517565.jpg

So as promised, i want to share my story with you inshaallah. My English im affraid, is not very good but i´ll try to make it understandable and keep it short inshaallah.

Bismillah Ir-Rahman Ir-Raheem.

I was born on a little island called Bornholm, that has Denmark to the west, Sweden to the north, Russia to the east and Polen/Germany to the south.

My parents got divorced when i was around 8 years old (wich is nowadays a common thing for most children in Denmark) and after that i mainly lived together with my Mother.

In Denmark we got a Christian/Lutherisk thing, called "The Confirmation".

Basicly, it is that when you are around 13 years old, you are supposed to confirm your faith in Christianity, al tough as any other Christian traditions in Denmark, it no longer really has anything to do with God and religion. Actually the way you celebrate it, is by allowing the new "Confirmant" his/hers first alcoholic drink and the whole family get´s wasted together. I went and said "yes i believe in Jesus (alayhi wasalam)", but mainly so that i would get presents and alcohol.

I was never really religious. I always knew that Christianity had so many flaws and couldent be true and both my parents was/are atheists.

At that time (13 years of age) i already had started sneaking around in the bushes at night, for drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes.

Actually we also smoked some pot that we got from one of the others big brother. When i was around 15 years old i was drinking atleast once a week and have had my sexual debut at that time. Still, what i have described so far is not a unusual childhood in Denmark. Also when i was 15, i started listening to alot of heavy and deathmetal music.

I played the drums in a band for around 3 years, that mainly had anti-christ lyrics to it. After those 3 years, i became 18 years old and moved to the big city (Copenhagen) so that i could drink and do what i wanted. At that time, my relationship with my Mother and Father was at a very bad state. My Father was/is a hard alcoholic.

Back when i was around 10 years old, he would sometimes beat me and the fall asleep, so i had to take care for myself with food and so on.

My Mother was/is a pretty conservative/right-wing when it comes to politics and i was pretty opposite to that, so i never really respected her.

In Copenhagen i was partying almost every night of the week for around two years, not thinking about getting any kind of education or anything else to be honest.

I was in and out of jobs all the time (mainly with organisations like Amnesty and Greenpeace) and i grew a pretty radical anarchistic vision (sorry my lack of better expression) and started to think that this capitalistic world had no meaning to it. What really was going on, was that because of my lack of money, my big amount of alcohol og weed (once or twice i also did cocain, but i cant really remember Astaghfirullah) and my general hate towards the norms of society. It was at this point i heard and read about true Islam for the first time.

Of course, since being in Denmark, i heard about those terrorist in the media all the time, but because of my radical left believings, i never watched television or anything like that.

We sat and smoked joints and listened to reggae/rap music and one of the guys being there was a Muslim. I started to ask him about Islam, but he wouldent really talk about it, so i started looking it up for myself on the internet and on the library

2 years went by and i became 22. I was still drinking, smoking (3-4 times a week) partying, having random sex (sorry, just telling the truth), but also i was lying, stealing money and clothes from my friends, shoplifting, being lazy with no job or education and i felled miserable.

I was not depressed, but felt like nothing in this world matters and got indifferent with life.

However i was still searching and reading about Islam and in the Quran, cause i always felt something when the subject came to that.

I started to realize some of the true evidences and beauties of Islam, but was still thinking "a God cant be real and even tough these thing fits, there is still so much i dont understand" so i started coming to the point where i would be out drinking, partying and at the same time be talking about The Quran and Islam, but always going in the end "Hah, if i diddent knew better i would become a Muslim".

Then about 7-8 months ago i moved back to Bornholm, because i couldent take care of myself anymore and i was pretty messed up.

It gave me time to read The Quran in silence and peace, alhamdulillah. Also it made me completely forget about alcohol, so i diddent really drink anymore.

I read it trough and everything made sense to me, but i was still "affraid" that this could be the truth, cause that would change my whole life. Then one day i used around 16 hours on just looking at scientific reports and going back and forth in The Quran and searching on the internet for articles and videoes about Islam that would give me answers.

I remember that i got stuck on the question of "if it should be a prove of God, that the univers is expanding but could it not just be going back and furth like big band/big crunch thing?" and i put my hands to my face and prayed that, wich many non-belivers do at some point of their life "if you a true, prove it to me!". I then looked up surat Ar-Rahman and i felt complete. Everything came clear to me.

The gardens benath, the seven heavens (know thats not in that surat, but it was everything) the wisdom behind why the deen is healthy and correct for mankind, why Allah subhanahu wa´tala wants us to pray (tough i still cant figure out why we cant have a full night sleep during summertime since it is supposedly good for us, but Allah knows best) and so on.. Mixed with my logical thinking, i really felt Islam (still in lack of better words) and so i said the shahada and kept saying it, turning my mind to the creator and for the first time in my life i feel comfortable being human and on this earth. I just know now so i have no choice. I must be the best Muslim for the sake of Allah and mankind, that Allah subhanahu wa ta´ala has meant it and will guide me to be. Allahu Akbar

My testimony is similar to yours except I prayed and God showed me to follow Jesus!

My testimony is similar to yours except I prayed and God showed me to follow Jesus!

brother, how many times did you meet Jesus?

did you speak to him?

did he speak to you?

and how many times have you been filled by the holly spirit from head to toes?

brother, how many times did you meet Jesus?

did you speak to him?

did he speak to you?

and how many times have you been filled by the holly spirit from head to toes?

Whenever two or three are gathered in His name, He is in the midst of us. I get filled with the Holy Spirit as often as possible.

Edited by aj4u

Wa-alaikum salaam, brother! It's great news that you have reverted. Inshallah that you find your way to the Masjid so you can speak with other Muslims.

wow, thank you all for your answers and blessing. May Allah bless us all.

Is it not permissible to talk about your sins openly? I saw a online lecture with Abdul Green online where he told about what he had been doing in he´s young age. But yes i know of course that he could be wrong.

I called myself an atheist, even thou that in some specific occasions prayed to god (like i think all human beings do at some point, because Allah is in our basic instincts, alhamduillah) and i lived a pretty common atheist danish guy´s life. As i said, when i was around 13 i got "confirmated" but that has much more to do with my country´s culture then with religion, even thou the priest might think otherwise. And why i became muslim? Cause i had to. Allah showed me the truth and i cant or wont ignore it. Everything made sense like nothing ever had, wich also proves to me that this cant be man-made, like the Christian rituals and the capitalistic consumer society. Islam has yet to prove me wrong, in being the most perfect way of life. Beautiful painting, keep it up.

Yes thank you, i have seen that video. Yusuf Estes is doing some magnificent lectures.

It is hard with no one around and not even anybody who (or want to) understands me but it doesent matter, beacause it still has been easy to follow Islam from the best of my knowledge Allahu musta´an and i feel so at peace. Allahu Akbar

No you should not reveal your sins. By doing so you are making others witness to your sin. I don't know about online forums, etc but I personally wouldn't. Besides the sins you've done before Islam are wiped off once you become Muslim. So you have a clean slate inshAllah.