Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SaracenSoldier

Another Tyrant Falls

A senior NTC official has said that Muammar Gaddafi has died of his wounds after being captured near Sirte.

Another NTC commander said that Moussa Ibrahim, former spokesman for Muammar Gaddafi's fallen government, was also captured near the Sirte.

Abdul Hakim Al Jalil, commander of the 11th brigade, also said he had seen the body of the chief of Gaddafi's armed forces, Abu Bakr Younus Jabr.

"I've seen him with my own eyes," he said and showed Reuters a picture of Jabr's body.

"Moussa Ibrahim was also captured and both of them were transferred to (our) operations room."

Earlier, Jamal abu-Shaalah, a field commander of NTC, told Al Jazeera that the toppled leader had been seized, but it was not clear whether he was dead or alive.

"He's captured. He's wounded in both legs ... He's been taken away by ambulance," Abdel Majid, a senior NTC military official said.

The news came shortly after NTC claimed capturing Sirte, Gaddafi's hometown, after weeks of fighting.

NATO and the US state department said it cannot confirm the reports of Gaddafi's death. Meanwhile in Benghazi, crowds gathered in the streets to start celebrating the reports of Gaddafi's death.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/africa/2011/10/20111020111520869621.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/africa/2...1520869621.html[/url]

PropellerAds

He is dead. Let this be a lesson to all tyrants.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/africa/2011/10/20111020171225339666.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/africa/2...1225339666.html[/url]

dont you think his rights were violated badly? he shoud have been kept alive and stood a fair trial. what was done was wrong

dont you think his rights were violated badly? he shoud have been kept alive and stood a fair trial. what was done was wrong

You are right BUT there are two things that are very important:

1. Muslims don't(or shouldn't) care about what the UN says or what the human rights groups say about 'rights'. We need to determine what rights Islamic Law gives him.

2. He should be tried under an IslamIC government according to IslamIC LAW.

Now in the absence of an Islamic government, with Gaddafi's crimes so obvious and plain to all(especially Libyan's) I'm not upset that he wasn't given a trial. Besides the NTC claims that he was killed in the crossfire.

i see double standard. there was a bunch of crying when OBL got hit. 'crossfire' ? sure. :sl:

Well you can't compare OBL to Gaddafi. Sure he was behind 9/11, etc but before 9/11 he spent decades defending Afghanistan from the Soviets, he poured millions from his own pocket into the economy of Sudan to help the people, etc. Lived in caves when he was a millionaire who could have spent his life in palaces in luxury. Gaddafi on the other hand had people tortured, locked up, etc just for praying the morning prayer in the Masjid! A tyrant.

also. a u.s. drone was partly responsible for flushing qadahfi out. how do you feel about that?

I haven't heard of such a claim from anyone or any news agency. And even if its true so what? They helped him get gaddafi(if its true) good for them. What do you want me to say? lol.

they BOTH got what they had coming. i just find it funny there isnt the outcry for this as there was for obl. and a french warplane and a hated us drone was responsible for hammering gadhafis convoy forcing him to go on foot, which led to his capture and execution.

And it is hypocritical of the UN to call for a probe into Gaddafi's death while no one gave a damn when the (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=737087.html&"]16 year old[/url] son of Imam Anwar was killed by a US drone strike.

[at] SaracenSoldier,

Could u give some other example of Qadafi's anti-Islamic activities? I am curious.

[at] SaracenSoldier,

Could u give some other example of Qadafi's anti-Islamic activities? I am curious.

Assalamualikum

First of all let me just say.. nice name bro! :sl:

Thousands killed while in prison, either as a result of torture, or deliberate mass killing of prisoners due to their Islamic inclinations and opposition to the Gaddafi regime, most famously the massacre at Abu Salim prison in 1996.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnewcivilisation(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home/middle-east/in-memory-of-the-criminal-gaddafi-some-of-his-atrocities-against-the-people"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnewcivilisation(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home/middle...inst-the-people[/url]

Assalamualikum

First of all let me just say.. nice name bro! tongue.gif

Wa alaikum assalaam

lol.I actually wanted to say the same thing to you. The word 'Soldier' next to 'Saracen' really sounds nice! tongue.gif

And thank you for the Information regarding Qaddafi.

"...Egyptian Ibrahim Al-Banna, head of Al-Qaeda Media in Yemen, was among the victims on October 14..."

i guess when you hang with bad people, bad things happen. im sure the u.s. wouldnt waste a good missle on a 16 year old kid. there had to be a juicier target there, like this al-banna fellow. wrong place, wrong time

oh yeah, the un does suck, though ! i wish the u.s. would quit and toss them out. bulldose the place and make a nice skate park there. :sl:

The point is those libyans shouldn't have treated Gaddafi that way. I know what he did was terrible, but Islam is not about getting even, it's about being above. Although I don't believe Gaddafi should have been trialed, it's obvious he was already guilty. I think he should of been killed quickly and his body disposed of quickly the Islamic way.

The point is those libyans shouldn't have treated Gaddafi that way. I know what he did was terrible, but Islam is not about getting even, it's about being above. Although I don't believe Gaddafi should have been trialed, it's obvious he was already guilty. I think he should of been killed quickly and his body disposed of quickly the Islamic way.

You'll get your isalmic state now, and we'll watch it deteriorate into something like iran, when they impose sharia law.

You'll get your isalmic state now, and we'll watch it deteriorate into something like iran, when they impose sharia law.

What does that possibly have to do with anything? And your methodology of comparising 2 completely country situations is hilarious. The only reason states like Iran and Somalia are the way they are is because of the west that you so religiously support. The Al-Shabab fighters were really improving the situation in Somalia until the U.S got Ethiopia to declare war on them. Things went downhill from there. Iran had a U.S backed dictator Shah that secularized the country. The Iranians did not want that so they overthrew him.

P.S: There is no Islamic state today, not Iran, not Somalia. Hopefully Libya really becomes one, and Allah willing, it will be successful. I don't like your pessimistic attitude, nor does many people.

What does that possibly have to do with anything? And your methodology of comparising 2 completely country situations is hilarious. The only reason states like Iran and Somalia are the way they are is because of the west that you so religiously support. The Al-Shabab fighters were really improving the situation in Somalia until the U.S got Ethiopia to declare war on them. Things went downhill from there. Iran had a U.S backed dictator Shah that secularized the country. The Iranians did not want that so they overthrew him.

P.S: There is no Islamic state today, not Iran, not Somalia. Hopefully Libya really becomes one, and Allah willing, it will be successful. I don't like your pessimistic attitude, nor does many people.

Give me a reason to be hopeful. You guys on this site like to blame the west for your failures. Look in the mirror. Be men and take responsibility for yourselves. Tell me or should I say, educate me as to what a real Islamic state would be. Would women be equal to men? Would homosexuals be given the freedom to live their lives as equal citizens? Would people of other religions be allowed to worship in peace? Would apostates be killed? Would freedom of speech and expression be allowed? Remember, these are the values that the west values. israel does also.

If would be what Islam requires it to be. A model based on the one run by the Prophet(saw) and the first four Caliphs(leaders).

If would be what Islam requires it to be. A model based on the one run by the Prophet(saw) and the first four Caliphs(leaders).

what does this mean? I would appreciate it if you answer my questions. Then I can decide for myself if an Islamic state is a good or bad idea.