Islamic Forum
SaracenSoldier

The French Attack On The Prophet And The Consequences

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/europe/2011/11/201111274735576240.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/europe/2...4735576240.html[/url]

PropellerAds
Sheikhul Ibn Taymiyyah says:

"Many Muslims, trust worthy, people of expertise and Fiqh spoke many times about their experiences when they surrounded castles and cities in Sham and surrounded the Christians.

They said we would surround the castle or the city, for a month or more and our besieging of them is doing nothing, and we are almost going to give up and leave. Then when the people of that town or castle, would start cursing the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) suddenly it would fall in our hands, sometimes the delay would not be even a day or two and it would be opened by force. So we would take it as a glad tiding when we would hear them curse the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) even though our hearts would be filled with hatred but we would see it as a glad tiding because it is a sign of our coming victory."

And that is the meaning of the ayah in Surah al Kawthar:

Åöäóø ÔóÇäöÆóßó åõæó ÇáÇñøÈúÊóÑõ

"Indeed your enemy is the one who is cutoff!"

[surah al Kawthar 108:3]

Funny how the prior verses is not even mentioned in that Hadith.

1: To thee have We granted the Fount (of Abundance)

2: Therefore to they Lord turn in Prayer and Sacrifice

3: For he who hateth thee - he will be cut off (from Future Hope)

If someone hates a believer who turns to prayer and sacrifice, the hater will not any reward. The reward is for the believer. There is no way this entire Surah authorizes random Muslims to burn a building and destroy its contents, even if that building housed a newspaper who was about to do something entirely disrespectful. Here are my reasons:

1) Who provides abundance? God does and only God. People cannot provide the Abundance.

2) Who provides punishment or lack of abundance? God. People cannot deprive other people from God's Abundance.

3) Pretend the answer is not God. Who has God given the authority to punish other people? No one except for a Messenger of God. According to Muslim tradition, such a person will never exist again.

4) Were the actions of the newspaper inhibiting the Prayers of the Believers? No, not at all. Any Muslim could still pray as they desired despite the action of the newspaper.

5) Were the actions of the newspaper causing a Sacrifice to the Believers? No, especially if the Believers choose not to read such foolish publications. No one was forced to read or view the products the newspaper was making.

6) Read the verse below.

2:204-206. There is the type of man whose speech about this world's life may dazzle thee, and he calls Allah to witness about what is in his heart; yet is he the most contentious of enemies. When he turns his back, his aim everywhere is to spread mischief through the earth and destroy crops and cattle. But Allah loveth not mischief. When it is said to him, "Fear Allah," he is led by arrogance to (more) crime. Enough for him is Hell; an evil bed indeed (to lie on)!

Imagine the man who calls on God as a witness but then spreads mischief and destroys property. Does God love this kind of action? No, not at all.

Funny how the prior verses is not even mentioned in that Hadith.

1: To thee have We granted the Fount (of Abundance)

2: Therefore to they Lord turn in Prayer and Sacrifice

3: For he who hateth thee - he will be cut off (from Future Hope)

If someone hates a believer who turns to prayer and sacrifice, the hater will not any reward. The reward is for the believer. There is no way this entire Surah authorizes random Muslims to burn a building and destroy its contents, even if that building housed a newspaper who was about to do something entirely disrespectful. Here are my reasons:

1) Who provides abundance? God does and only God. People cannot provide the Abundance.

2) Who provides punishment or lack of abundance? God. People cannot deprive other people from God's Abundance.

3) Pretend the answer is not God. Who has God given the authority to punish other people? No one except for a Messenger of God. According to Muslim tradition, such a person will never exist again.

4) Were the actions of the newspaper inhibiting the Prayers of the Believers? No, not at all. Any Muslim could still pray as they desired despite the action of the newspaper.

5) Were the actions of the newspaper causing a Sacrifice to the Believers? No, especially if the Believers choose not to read such foolish publications. No one was forced to read or view the products the newspaper was making.

6) Read the verse below.

2:204-206. There is the type of man whose speech about this world's life may dazzle thee, and he calls Allah to witness about what is in his heart; yet is he the most contentious of enemies. When he turns his back, his aim everywhere is to spread mischief through the earth and destroy crops and cattle. But Allah loveth not mischief. When it is said to him, "Fear Allah," he is led by arrogance to (more) crime. Enough for him is Hell; an evil bed indeed (to lie on)!

Imagine the man who calls on God as a witness but then spreads mischief and destroys property. Does God love this kind of action? No, not at all.

I think here you analysed the reaction, but wouldn't it best to start with the action ?

I think here you analysed the reaction, but wouldn't it best to start with the action ?

Does any action justify a sinful reaction? I cannot find an example in the Qur'an.

Does any action justify a sinful reaction? I cannot find an example in the Qur'an.

And I cannot find in quran if none muslims can make fun about our prophet pbuh

And I cannot find in quran if none muslims can make fun about our prophet pbuh

It is definitely disrespectful to make fun of any Messenger of God. It would be great if every person of every religion used such diligence when any Messenger of God is made fun of, especially Muslims who believe in many.

You are right, there is no prohibition. But we do know not to be arrogant, vain, have fair speech, etc. We should guard against those things against any person, especially to those who give us Revelation. And for those who do not act properly, we have to act the same, set the example. Retaliating in violence and arson does not set a positive image for the Muslim community. Act how you want to be treated.

It is definitely disrespectful to make fun of any Messenger of God. It would be great if every person of every religion used such diligence when any Messenger of God is made fun of, especially Muslims who believe in many.

You are right, there is no prohibition. But we do know not to be arrogant, vain, have fair speech, etc. We should guard against those things against any person, especially to those who give us Revelation. And for those who do not act properly, we have to act the same, set the example. Retaliating in violence and arson does not set a positive image for the Muslim community. Act how you want to be treated.

I wonder if people have a right to express their disbelief - always in a non-violent way, of course.

Does anyone remember the film 'The Life of Brian' shown in the UK in the late 60's or early 70's, I can't remember which?

It caused great outrage, and offence, amongst Christians. But (presumably) being Christians they didn't resort to violent acts.

Middle eastern people tend to be more volatile I think.

'Tear down the idols and false prophets' some would say.

Salaam

ron

The action taken by insulting muslims belief, can't guarantee the reaction, taking into consideration that there are millions of muslims in France alone, and I am sure this reaction was done by a hand full of angry muslims

People are free to choose, but they are not free from the consequences of their choices. Why do Mulsims feel offended if Allah and his prophet are attacked; don't they believe that Allah can defend himself? I don't feel the need to defend God or Jesus from someone who attacks them. My God can defend Himself. I just relax, the battle is the Lord's not mine! It is written in the Bible: "Great peace have they which love thy law and nothing shall offend them." If people are offended they should try loving God's law! :sl:

Edited by aj4u

So, if the battle is Lords & God can defend himself; then why did God give a law against Blasphemy in the bible?

So, if the battle is Lords & God can defend himself; then why did God give a law against Blasphemy in the bible?

The laws of Blasphemy were God's doing not man's. God had man carry out His will. Besides, we have become dead to the law of the OT by the body of Christ. Christ already fulfilled the law and the prophets as written. Now God only law is to love Him with all our being and our neighbor as ourselves. This fulfills all the law and the prophets. Whom Christ has set free is free indeed. Those that attack God will be punished by God sooner or later. A man reaps what he sows. God is not mocked. We don't need to take up an offense for God. We should just pray for those people. Eternity in hell is more than enough punishment; we don't need to add to their fate.

The laws of Blasphemy were God's doing not man's. God had man carry out His will. Besides, we have become dead to the law of the OT by the body of Christ. Christ already fulfilled the law and the prophets as written. Now God only law is to love Him with all our being and our neighbor as ourselves. This fulfills all the law and the prophets. Whom Christ has set free is free indeed. Those that attack God will be punished by God sooner or later. A man reaps what he sows. God is not mocked. We don't need to take up an offense for God. We should just pray for those people. Eternity in hell is more than enough punishment; we don't need to add to their fate.

hmm.. I am wondering if Jesus pbuh ever himself went against the law or instructed his followers from following the OT laws.

I've enjoyed reading the debate here ... I have thus created a visual poll on the following site: pollaround (sorry but this forum doesn't allow me to post the whole link ... however my poll is on the front page for the moment, otherwise you'll find it in the Religion section ) ... It shows you the results on a map and I find it really good to use in this particular context ...

hmm.. I am wondering if Jesus pbuh ever himself went against the law or instructed his followers from following the OT laws.

Hmmm.. keep wondering. If you come up with something, don't hesitate to let me know.

:sl:

I've enjoyed reading the debate here ... I have thus created a visual poll on the following site: pollaround (sorry but this forum doesn't allow me to post the whole link ... however my poll is on the front page for the moment, otherwise you'll find it in the Religion section ) ... It shows you the results on a map and I find it really good to use in this particular context ...

You're enjoying the debate? Feel free to chime in!

People are free to choose, but they are not free from the consequences of their choices. Why do Mulsims feel offended if Allah and his prophet are attacked; don't they believe that Allah can defend himself? I don't feel the need to defend God or Jesus from someone who attacks them. My God can defend Himself. I just relax, the battle is the Lord's not mine! It is written in the Bible: "Great peace have they which love thy law and nothing shall offend them." If people are offended they should try loving God's law! :sl:

PEACE aj4u,

Sorry I just can’t agree with you. From what I have read in your posts you love Jesus (ra) and you are obviously practising his teachings (ra) by trying to spread the trust in Christianity. In order to achieve that love in Christianity that the fellows are promised to. Wouldn’t mean to defend him (ra)?

Peace.

PEACE aj4u,

Sorry I just can’t agree with you. From what I have read in your posts you love Jesus (ra) and you are obviously practising his teachings (ra) by trying to spread the trust in Christianity. In order to achieve that love in Christianity that the fellows are promised to. Wouldn’t mean to defend him (ra)?

Peace.

You are mortal men, are you not? Arguing about what? Love? Mercy and Compassion? Or what?

Speak!

ron

PEACE aj4u,

Peace.

I am ever so sorry I made a mistake it should be (pbuh) instead of (ra).