Islamic Forum
Wesley

Twelve Muslim Rulers - Sahih Bukhari

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 329:

Narrated Jabir bin Samura:

I heard the Prophet saying, "There will be twelve Muslim rulers (who will rule all the Islamic world)." He then said a sentence which I did not hear. My father said, "All of them (those rulers) will be from Quraish."

(Hadith, Bukhari Vol 9)

Who are these twelve Muslim rulers? From a Sunni perspective, the twelfth would be Caliph Umar II, who was killed by poison in the year 720CE, or 101/102AH. Caliph Yazid II became the 13th Caliph. From a Shi'a perspective, the twelfth has yet to rule, but would be descended from the family of the Prophet, through Ali. The eleventh Shi'a ruler, or Imam, was Hasan ibn Ali al-Askari who was killed by poison in the year 874CE, or 260AH. Each lineage, from the Umayyid Caliphs to the Shi'a Imams were descended from the Quraish.

I was wondering two questions.

1) Were there any other lineages prominent from the Quraish tribe in Islamic history?

2) What was expected to happen after the 12th Muslim ruler?

PropellerAds

1) Banu 'Abbas were a prominent group from the Quraish, i.e. the Abbasids. They decended from al-'Abbas (ra), the uncle of the Prophet (pbuh). They were the most prominent.

2) Nothing is specified.

I advise you to tread carefully. This site does not condone discussions about sects. Review the forum rules.

Thank you for the advisement. The purpose of asking isn't too discuss sectarian differences or sect specific topics. The general topic is focused on that Hadith from a general historical perspective.

Was this Hadith wrong or true? I am unsure what it would be explaining, if anything. Was there a specific Quraish lineage which was most likely referenced?

The 12th Abbasid Caliph was Al-Musta'in from 862-866CE, or ending around 251AH. The 13th was al-Mu'tazz.

Edited by Wesley

Was this Hadith wrong or true? I am unsure what it would be explaining, if anything. Was there a specific Quraish lineage which was most likely referenced?

Yes, the hadith is true. No, there was no specific Quraishi lineage which was referenced although that could have been very easy. For example, the Prophet (pbuh) could have said "from Banu Hashim or Banu Umayya", or more specific "Banu 'Abd al-Muttalib", or even more specific "solely from my descendants" but he didn't.

This might be relevant:

And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.

Bible, Genesis 17:20

Although Genesis 25:16 mentions 12 sons of Ishmael, perhaps there is also another meaning?

Richard

Although Genesis 25:16 mentions 12 sons of Ishmael, perhaps there is also another meaning?

I don't think there is any connection. Like the above verse says according to the Bible the 12 princes were Ismail's (pbuh) sons. We can't start misapplying passages arbitarily.

And also, there is no good and accurate geneology of Ishmael's descendants, or at least not all of the 12 sons.

I have another question about the Hadith...

1) Could there be any part of the Qur'an it is referring to or explaining?

I heard the Prophet saying, "There will be twelve Muslim rulers (who will rule all the Islamic world)." He then said a sentence which I did not hear. My father said, "All of them (those rulers) will be from Quraish."

(Hadith, Bukhari Vol 9)

Who are these twelve Muslim rulers? From a Sunni perspective, the twelfth would be Caliph Umar II, who was killed by poison in the year 720CE, or 101/102AH. Caliph Yazid II became the 13th Caliph.

Omar has been "shaheed" in 644 AC, or 25 AH, not as you mentioned

From a Shi'a perspective, the twelfth has yet to rule, but would be descended from the family of the Prophet, through Ali. The eleventh Shi'a ruler, or Imam, was Hasan ibn Ali al-Askari who was killed by poison in the year 874CE, or 260AH. Each lineage, from the Umayyid Caliphs to the Shi'a Imams were descended from the Quraish.

i don't you will find any Shi'a here, so don't ask about that here. you can go to any of their forums and ask

1) Were there any other lineages prominent from the Quraish tribe in Islamic history?

yes there are mainly three categories who ruled the whole Islamic world, all from Quraish, they are:

Rashidun, 10: 40 AH, 632–661 AC contains 4 Caliphate, who were companions of the prophet (pbuh)

Umayyads, 40 : 132 AH 7th–8th AC centuries, contains 14 Caliphate, who were from the family of Ummaiah

Abbasids 132 : 8th–13th AC centuries, contains 37 Caliphate, who were from the family of Alabbas, the uncle of the prophet (pbuh)

Rashidun Caliphate

Abu Bakr 632–634

Umar 634–644

Uthman 644–656

Ali 656–661

Umayyads Caliphate

Muawiyah I ibn Abi Sufyan 661 – 680

Yazid I ibn Muawiyah 680 – 683

Muawiyah II ibn Yazid 683 – 684

Marwan I ibn al-Ḥakam 684 – 685

Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan 685 – 705

al-Walid I ibn Abd al-Malik 705 – 715

Suleiman ibn Abd al-Malik 715 – 718

Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz 717 – 720

Yazid II ibn Abd al-Malik 720 – 724

Hisham ibn Abd al-Malik 724 – 743

al-Walid II ibn Yazid II 743 – 744

Yazid III ibn al-Walid 744

Ibrahim ibn al-Walid 744

Marwan II ibn Muhammad 744 – 750

Abbasids Caliphate

Abu'l Abbas As-Saffah 750–754

Harun al-Rashid 786–809

Al-Mu'tasim 833–842

Al-Musta'sim 1242–1258

the moslem scholars have 2 main explanation for this,

the first: they are the first 12 by time, begins with Abu Bakr and ending with Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz, which me personally support it.

the second: they will be the best 12 among all the (4 +14 +37 + ?) since the Moslems still waiting another Caliphates, mostly the first of them will be from the lineage of Qurish, and surlly they will contain the first 4 companions and Muawiyah I ibn Abi Sufyan and Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz, that will need more study for the Caliphate mannar and the Moslems status at his time,

either this or that or other opinions it have no thing to do with the Moslems beliefs or actions.

what do you think about that Wesley?

it depends on which explantion you believe is right

while there is another "good" Hadeeth narrated by,Ahmad 18406 30/355 and others, inwhich the prophet told about 5 ruling systems of the moslems:

1- the prophethood, and it will end by his death (pbuh)

2- Calephates who will go step by step just like the prophet

3- "ملكا عاضا" which mostly means the ruler is not the best or the most apropriate but he still good

4- "ملكا جبريا" which mostly means the ruler is not the best or the most apropriate but he will be no good

5- Calephates who will go step by step just like the prophet, again

mostly we are now in the 4th stage and inshaa Allah we are waiting on the 5th stage,

Edited by AHMAD_73

:sl:

The first 5 Khalifs can be listed as per the Hadeeth , as for the later Khilafahs they were not really khilafahs rather more like monarchies when referring to Banu Umaya or Banul Abbas.

As you can find in the Hadith :

The Prophetic khilaafah will last for thirty years. Then Allaah will give the dominion to whomever He wills (then there will be kings).

Imam Ibn Hajar in Bukhari explanation, Kitab Ahkaam, vol 15, page 125:

􂌄 Þæáå Ãí ÃÃíË ÓÃíäÉ íÚäí ÇáÃí ÃÎÑÌå ÃÕÃÇÈ ÇáÓää æÕÃÃÃ¥ ÇÈä ÃÈÇä æÛíÑå «ÇáÎáÇÃÉ ÈÚÃí 臂辊 ÓäÉ¡ Ëã Êßæä ãáßÇð» áÃä ÇáËáÇËíä  áã íßä ÃíåÇ ÅáÇ ÇáÎáÃÇà ÇáÃÑÈÚÉ æÃíÇã ÇáÃÓä Èä Úáí.

Which means: (The obvious from the statment in the Hadith of Safeena that was narrated by the Imams of Sunnan and authenticated by Ibn Hibban and others: (The Prophet said): " the Khilfah of Nubuwwah (according to the Prophet) is 30 years then it will be kingship".

Imam Ibn Hajar continues: the 30 years only included the 4 khulafa and the days of Imam Hasan bin Ali(lasted for 6 months to complete the 30 years) .

So those who pin point the twelve as per the hadith are deducing and its not 100% accurate.

shukran

I really do not have much of an actual view on this, as I was trying to really figure it out.

The Hadith cited discussing the Caliphate and the 5 stages, it seems odd, honestly. I personally feel Hadith such as this were created and included to justify the current system. Unfortunately, the Qur'an remained silent on successorship. Prophethood was sealed so there would be no Prophets offering divine guidance under the umbrella of the Seal of the Prophet's Revelation, as what used to be the case of the Jewish prophetic lineage. There were no Qur'anic exhortations regarding the roles of a Caliph or an Imam, despite their being verses about "those with knowledge."

I don't believe the 12 leaders were "best" as there is no divine system to test the Caliphate. Humans have done a good job in establishing criteria, but at best it is still a human system. Plus, someone mentioned the Caliph Muawiyah I as one of the best. I could never accept that due to his actions before becoming Caliph and the manner of how he ruled. I believe if anyone is most responsible for the sectarian split within Islam, it would be him.

I cannot discuss anything Shi'a here, so i cannot state any opinion on the Shi'a leadership.

I heard the Prophet saying, "There will be twelve Muslim rulers " He then said a sentence which I did not hear. My father said, "All of them will be from Quraish."

(Hadith, Bukhari Vol 9)

Who are these twelve Muslim rulers?

As_salaamu "alaykum

During the last ten years members of The Turkish Government (including Prime Minister Erdogan and Foreign Minister Davutoglu) came to South Africa.One of the first things they requested was to go to the grave of The Shaykh of Knowledge As_sayyid Abdullaah Abu Bakr Effendi al-khushnaawiy al-Qurashiy al_Amjadiy.(1814-1880).This was reported in both the South African and Turkish Media.The Shaykh of Knowledge is buried on the world famous Signal Hill that is the hump of a mountain shaped in the form of a croaching lion which lies next to The World Renowned Table Mountain(now voted by humanity and declared a seventh wonder of the world and said to be the most wondrous mountain in the world. The history of The Shaykh of Knowledge and His coming to South Africa is amazing. It all started like this when the Muslims of The Colony of The Cape of Good Hope wrote a letter to the Governor as follows.

A unique historical event

On 16 April 1862

The Muslims of The Colony of The Cape of Good Hope

Cape Town

South Africa

wrote a letter to the Governor as follows.

"As it is well known, 85 years ago some of Javenese islands fell into the hands of

The Dutch Government.

Our fathers were all tied up in chains, enslaved and brought here.

We were afflicted with suffering and problems;

the Honourable British Empire set us free from the slavery of the previous government

and gave us our liberty.

For that, we thank the empire for it's help and grace, and in case of necessity,

it is incumbent upon us to sacrifice ourselves for it's cause.

We once again express our thanks and gratitude.

It is obvious that each nation has to know and apply it's religion and way of life and practice.

But

we forgot our language of origin, the language of Javenese,

the books and treatises are all written in that language and therefore

we obviously need a teacher to read and teach them.

Since the situation is like this

it is requested to bring

a scholar-teacher from a Muslim country

in order to teach and train us."

16 Shawwaal 1278 (16 April 1862)

Signature

Muslim people

Cape of Good Hope

Omar Lutfi " A travelogue of my journey to The Cape of Good hope. p.7.

translated by Yusuf Kavakci

<p>

The Governor replied to the Muslims that it was not an easy matter for him and it had to be referred to Her Majesty Queen Victoria for Approval. ... The Governor's letter with the petition of the Muslims arrived at Queen Victoria's Government and it was discussed in parliament and recommendations were made. They then sent The letter to The Khalif of The Sunni World Sultan Abdul Aziz and The High Council of Islamic Affairs..................... It was Decided that the best person for the undertaking would be The Shaykh of Knowledge and The Shaykh of Islaam Abu Bakr Effendi(as he is mostly known). On 01 October 1862 The Shaykh of Knowledge left The Ottoman Khilafat in a ship from Istanbul for The Western World (it has been said that it was the first time in history that such an event took place between a muslim government and a christian one).

The Shaykh of Knowledge arrived in London on the 15 October 1862 and later at the palace. After spending two months there he left on 15 December 1862 for Cape town South Africa.He arrived in South africa

on the 01 February 1863 and all the Imams of the muslims came to welcome him. Also a photograph of the shaykh with all the prominent muslims was taken. It is said to be the oldesd photograph of Muslims in South Africa. The Shaykh did not wait long and within one month he set up a school of higher learning and had over 300 students out of a population of 17000. He put the women back into hijaab and opened the first shool of Quranic Arabic and HifDh etc. He trained many learned men and set up schools in many parts of Southern Africa. All this while he was learning to master the local language and English. The Shaykh also wrote the first book in the local language(354 pages) which was a mixture of Dutch and othe languages which became Afrikaans, an Official language of South Africa.After the death of The Sultan the Shaykh went back to Istanbul and one of the first things the new Sultan(Khalif Sultan Abdul-Hamid) did was to sign the printing of his book called The Explanation of the Diyn(Bayaanuddiyn). 1500 copies of the book was printed and it was translated in 1960 into English by a Dutch Scholar.It is said The Shaykh of Knowledge had more than 10 000 students all over the world.

The Shaykh was born in Shahrizur Iraq in 1814 and started his education under his father aged two and had memorized the Quran by six. He studied first in the school set up in 523 Hijra or 1128 ACE. by his 25th ancestor known as abuw naSr al-amiyr sulaymaan al-ghaaziy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy. All the ancestors of The shaykh were great scholars and many were advisors to Those who ruled. They lived and kept a low profile so as not to make known their full identity. As so many of the forefathers were killed beheaded and crucified. They were the secret family of Zayd ibn Ali (Zaynul aabdiyn ibn Husayn).

Zayd ibn Ali was killed ,beheaded and crucified for four years and the his body was burnt. His son yahyaa then took up the imaamat after him and was also killed , beheaded and crucified for six years (then imaam Ja'far aS-Saadiq handed it over to muhammad nafsuzzakiyyah and his brother Ibraahiym) muhammad was also killed ,beheaded and crucified. Then Ibraahiym took it up and he too was killed , beheaded and crucified. Like that the Haashemites of ahlulbayt were despised by the people.Then the standard of imaamat and amiyrship passed on to "iysaa ibn Zayd ibn Ali(the forth son of Zayd ibn Ali). All over the world the government pursued Imaam amiyr "iysaa. After imaam amiyr "iysaa his son imaam amiyr ahmad took up the standard and went into hiding. He is known to history as ahmad al-mukhtafiy(the hidden). Then he fled and his descendants settled in the land of khashnaw in sisawa among the kurdish khashnaw tribe .There they kept a low profile and tried to attract no attention.It has also been reported that the ancestors of the Khashnaaw was give a ring by imaam zaynul Aabidiyn to rule over the territory of Khashnaaw. About 300 years later the family again surfaced when the twelfth descendant of Zayd ibn Ali arose by the name of the above mentioned abuw naSr al-amiyr sulaymaan al-ghaaziy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy and he founded his school.

This is the Family Tree of The shaykh of Knowledge

shaykh-ul-ilm shaykhu-l-islaam -> abd-ullaah abuw-bakr <- effendi al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1229 - 1297) / ( 1814 - 1880 )

son of

mullaa -> umr <- effendi al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1192 - 1247 ) / ( 1778 - 1831 )

son of

Salaah-ud-diyn mullaa -> muSTafaa <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1157 - 1224 ) / ( 1744 - 1809 )

son of

mawlanaa baabaa piyr -> sulaymaan <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-'amjadiy

( 1136 - 1199 ) / ( 1723 - 1785 )

son of

mullaa -> muSTafaa <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - 1167 ) / ( - 1754 )

son of

mullaa -> ibraahiym <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - 1152 ) / ( - 1739 )

son of

amiyr -> sulaymaan<- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1068 - 1130 ) / ( 1657- 1718 )

son of

amiyr -> muhammad <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1045- 1110 ) / ( 1635 - 1698 )

son of

aDaD-ud-diyn -> abd-ullaah abiy-zayd -><- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1012 - 1077 ) / ( 1603 - 1666 )

son of

izz-ud-diyn -> muhammad al-faDlu qaddasa sirrahu <-al_khushnaawiy al_qurashiy al_'amjadiy

( 976 - 1039 ) / ( 1568 - 1629 )

son of

amiyr -> abd-ullaah <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 937 - 1003 ) / ( 1530 - 1594 )

son of

zayn-ud-diyn mullaa -> ahmad <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 900 - 967 ) / ( 1494 - 1559 )

son of

mullaa abd- ul- haq -> sulaymaan <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 871 - 929 ) / ( 1466 - 1523 )

son of

abu-sulaymaan -><- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 841 - 882 ) / ( 1437 - 1477 )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb DhuHuwr-ud-diyn-><- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( ???? - c.850 ) / ( ???? - c.1446 )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ul-muHaymin -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( ???? - ???? ) / ( ???? - ???? )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ullaah -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ur-razzaaq -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-us-samiy -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-u llaah -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ul-waliyy -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

son of

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb buTuwn-ud-diyn -><- <-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( c.541 - ???? ) / (c.1146 - ???? )

son of

abuw-l-muhsin mullaa -> uthmaan haamid <-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( c. 483 - c.555 ) / (c. 1090 - c.1160 )

son of

abuw-naSr al-amiyr -> sulaymaan <-al-ghaaziy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( c. 459 - c.528 ) / ( c.1057 - c.1134 )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb iyqaaDh-ud-diyn -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

Edited by al-amiyr

I heard the Prophet saying, "There will be twelve Muslim rulers " He then said a sentence which I did not hear. My father said, "All of them will be from Quraish."

(Hadith, Bukhari Vol 9)

(Hadith, Bukhari Vol 9)

As_salaamu "alaykum

During the last ten years members of The Turkish Government (including Prime Minister Erdogan and Foreign Minister Davutoglu) came to South Africa.One of the first things they requested was to go to the grave of The Shaykh of Knowledge As_sayyid Abdullaah Abu Bakr Effendi al-khushnaawiy al-Qurashiy al_Amjadiy.(1814-1880).This was reported in both the South African and Turkish Media.The Shaykh of Knowledge is buried on the world famous Signal Hill that is the hump of a mountain shaped in the form of a croaching lion which lies next to The World Renowned Table Mountain(now voted by humanity and declared a seventh wonder of the world and said to be the most wondrous mountain in the world. The history of The Shaykh of Knowledge and His coming to South Africa is amazing. It all started like this when the Muslims of The Colony of The Cape of Good Hope wrote a letter to the Governor as follows.

A unique historical event

On 16 April 1862

The Muslims of The Colony of The Cape of Good Hope

Cape Town

South Africa

wrote a letter to the Governor as follows.

"As it is well known, 85 years ago some of Javenese islands fell into the hands of

The Dutch Government.

Our fathers were all tied up in chains, enslaved and brought here.

We were afflicted with suffering and problems;

the Honourable British Empire set us free from the slavery of the previous government

and gave us our liberty.

For that, we thank the empire for it's help and grace, and in case of necessity,

it is incumbent upon us to sacrifice ourselves for it's cause.

We once again express our thanks and gratitude.

It is obvious that each nation has to know and apply it's religion and way of life and practice.

But

we forgot our language of origin, the language of Javenese,

the books and treatises are all written in that language and therefore

we obviously need a teacher to read and teach them.

Since the situation is like this

it is requested to bring

a scholar-teacher from a Muslim country

in order to teach and train us."

16 Shawwaal 1278 (16 April 1862)

Signature

Muslim people

Cape of Good Hope

Omar Lutfi " A travelogue of my journey to The Cape of Good hope. p.7.

translated by Yusuf Kavakci

The Governor replied to the Muslims that it was not an easy matter for him and it had to be referred to Her Majesty Queen Victoria for Approval. ... The Governor's letter with the petition of the Muslims arrived at Queen Victoria's Government and it was discussed in parliament and recommendations were made. They then sent The letter to The Khalif of The Sunni World Sultan Abdul Aziz and The High Council of Islamic Affairs..................... It was Decided that the best person for the undertaking would be The Shaykh of Knowledge and The Shaykh of Islaam Abu Bakr Effendi(as he is mostly known). On 01 October 1862 The Shaykh of Knowledge left The Ottoman Khilafat in a ship from Istanbul for The Western World (it has been said that it was the first time in history that such an event took place between a muslim government and a christian one).

The Shaykh of Knowledge arrived in London on the 15 October 1862 and later at the palace. After spending two months there he left on 15 December 1862 for Cape town South Africa.He arrived in South africa

on the 01 February 1863 and all the Imams of the muslims came to welcome him. Also a photograph of the shaykh with all the prominent muslims was taken. It is said to be the oldesd photograph of Muslims in South Africa. The Shaykh did not wait long and within one month he set up a school of higher learning and had over 300 students out of a population of 17000. He put the women back into hijaab and opened the first shool of Quranic Arabic and HifDh etc. He trained many learned men and set up schools in many parts of Southern Africa. All this while he was learning to master the local language and English. The Shaykh also wrote the first book in the local language(354 pages) which was a mixture of Dutch and othe languages which became Afrikaans, an Official language of South Africa.After the death of The Sultan the Shaykh went back to Istanbul and one of the first things the new Sultan(Khalif Sultan Abdul-Hamid) did was to sign the printing of his book called The Explanation of the Diyn(Bayaanuddiyn). 1500 copies of the book was printed and it was translated in 1960 into English by a Dutch Scholar.It is said The Shaykh of Knowledge had more than 10 000 students all over the world.

The Shaykh was born in Shahrizur Iraq in 1814 and started his education under his father aged two and had memorized the Quran by six. He studied first in the school set up in 523 Hijra or 1128 ACE. by his 25th ancestor known as abuw naSr al-amiyr sulaymaan al-ghaaziy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy. All the ancestors of The shaykh were great scholars and many were advisors to Those who ruled. They lived and kept a low profile so as not to make known their full identity. As so many of the forefathers were killed beheaded and crucified. They were the secret family of Zayd ibn Ali (Zaynul aabdiyn ibn Husayn).

Zayd ibn Ali was killed ,beheaded and crucified for four years and the his body was burnt. His son yahyaa then took up the imaamat after him and was also killed , beheaded and crucified for six years (then imaam Ja'far aS-Saadiq handed it over to muhammad nafsuzzakiyyah and his brother Ibraahiym) muhammad was also killed ,beheaded and crucified. Then Ibraahiym took it up and he too was killed , beheaded and crucified. Like that the Haashemites of ahlulbayt were despised by the people.Then the standard of imaamat and amiyrship passed on to "iysaa ibn Zayd ibn Ali(the forth son of Zayd ibn Ali). All over the world the government pursued Imaam amiyr "iysaa. After imaam amiyr "iysaa his son imaam amiyr ahmad took up the standard and went into hiding. He is known to history as ahmad al-mukhtafiy(the hidden). Then he fled and his descendants settled in the land of khashnaw in sisawa among the kurdish khashnaw tribe .There they kept a low profile and tried to attract no attention.It has also been reported that the ancestors of the Khashnaaw was give a ring by imaam zaynul Aabidiyn to rule over the territory of Khashnaaw. About 300 years later the family again surfaced when the twelfth descendant of Zayd ibn Ali arose by the name of the above mentioned abuw naSr al-amiyr sulaymaan al-ghaaziy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy and he founded his school.

This is the Family Tree of The shaykh of Knowledge

shaykh-ul-ilm shaykhu-l-islaam -> abd-ullaah abuw-bakr <- effendi al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1229 - 1297) / ( 1814 - 1880 )

son of

mullaa -> umr <- effendi al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1192 - 1247 ) / ( 1778 - 1831 )

son of

Salaah-ud-diyn mullaa -> muSTafaa <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1157 - 1224 ) / ( 1744 - 1809 )

son of

mawlanaa baabaa piyr -> sulaymaan <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-'amjadiy

( 1136 - 1199 ) / ( 1723 - 1785 )

son of

mullaa -> muSTafaa <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - 1167 ) / ( - 1754 )

son of

mullaa -> ibraahiym <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - 1152 ) / ( - 1739 )

son of

amiyr -> sulaymaan<- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1068 - 1130 ) / ( 1657- 1718 )

son of

amiyr -> muhammad <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1045- 1110 ) / ( 1635 - 1698 )

son of

aDaD-ud-diyn -> abd-ullaah abiy-zayd -><- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 1012 - 1077 ) / ( 1603 - 1666 )

son of

izz-ud-diyn -> muhammad al-faDlu qaddasa sirrahu <-al_khushnaawiy al_qurashiy al_'amjadiy

( 976 - 1039 ) / ( 1568 - 1629 )

son of

amiyr -> abd-ullaah <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 937 - 1003 ) / ( 1530 - 1594 )

son of

zayn-ud-diyn mullaa -> ahmad <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 900 - 967 ) / ( 1494 - 1559 )

son of

mullaa abd- ul- haq -> sulaymaan <- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 871 - 929 ) / ( 1466 - 1523 )

son of

abu-sulaymaan -><- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( 841 - 882 ) / ( 1437 - 1477 )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb DhuHuwr-ud-diyn-><- al-khushnaawiy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( ???? - c.850 ) / ( ???? - c.1446 )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ul-muHaymin -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

son of

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ur-razzaaq -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-us-samiy -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-u llaah -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ul-waliyy -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

son of

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb buTuwn-ud-diyn -><- <-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( c.541 - ???? ) / (c.1146 - ???? )

son of

abuw-l-muhsin mullaa -> uthmaan haamid <-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( c. 483 - c.555 ) / (c. 1090 - c.1160 )

son of

abuw-naSr al-amiyr -> sulaymaan <-al-ghaaziy al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( c. 459 - c.528 ) / ( c.1057 - c.1134 )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb iyqaaDh-ud-diyn -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ul-hakiym -><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

( - ) / ( - )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ul-baSiyr-><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ullaah-><-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ul-khabiyr-> <-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

Saahibu-l- ghayb abd-ul-baatin -> <-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

mawlanaa -> ahmad <-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

abd-ul-majiyd -> muhammad abd-ullaah <- al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

abd-u-l-hamiyd al-khalaf->'ahmadu-l-mukhtafiy abd-ullaah <- al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

(157 - ????) / (773 -???? )

son of

abd-uS-Samad as-salaf-> yahyaa iysaa<- al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

'amiyr-ul-mujaahidiyn haliyfu-l-qur'aan -> zaydu-al-shahiyd <- al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

'amiyr-uS-Saabiriyn zaynu-l-aabidiyn -> aliy as-sajjaad <- al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

amiyr-ush-shuhadaa imaam -> husayn <- al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

khaliyfatullaah amiyr-ul-mu’miniyn -> aliy <-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

abuw Taalib -> imraan <-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy

( - ) / ( - )

son of

abd-l-muTTalib ->shayba <-al-qurashiy al-amjadiy