Islamic Forum
sickle

I Just Converted...now What?

I had my shahada today. Something nagged me to follow through on it & go to the Muslim center here & there I had my shahada. A little background:

I have tried many faiths as I was raised to test my faith and to never accept something blindly. I have done this with almost all denominations of Christianity & several other religions as well including Wicca. I was nestled for most of my life though in the Southern Baptist faith and there became a devote Christian who was zealous for my faith, some would have called me a fundamental Christian. I don't know how many know this but there are differences among the Christian denominations ( sects ). Some believe that authority and understanding come through the holy spirit while others think it comes through the Father, others Jesus ( pbuh ) but there are some who believe in the Bible as the word of God and that it is the direction of how to live life handed down by God ( when one is called a fundamental Christian it is usually those who believe the Bible as is and accept it as the truth ) and it was, oddly enough, the teachings of the Bible that led me to Islam. But, more specifically it was the teachings of Jesus ( pbuh ). I initially had issues with the contradiction in what was written in the Bible and what people were practicing in their everyday life. Then I started to have other issues. For example, if Jesus ( pbuh ) was the redeemer that offered us a way into heaven through his self sacrifice as is supposed in Christianity then why were there not one but two who went to heaven. Elijah ( pbuh ) and Enoch ( pbuh ) were both taken into heaven before they even died and it says this in the Bible, find any version you like it will say the same thing. Also Jesus ( pbuh ) was clear in saying that many will come in his name claiming that he has sent them but do not be deceived & not that long after he died ( again, according to the Bible ) Paul comes along and has the great vision on the road to Damascus. The Catholic Church says that Peter was the first Pope because he was given the keys to the kingdom by Jesus ( pbuh ) & yet 90% of the sermons they preach and is preached by other Christian leaders is from Paul. This made no sense. What really seemed oddest of all to me, & I had several arguments over this with my then fellow Christians was that Jesus ( pbuh ) said over and over again to follow the commandments and even at one point said that whoever follows the commandments of his father who is in heaven shall be great in heaven.

Obviously I was facing many issues but being open minded as I was I began to look into Islam. I was going to test it & compare it to the Biblical teachings & more specifically the teachings of Jesus ( pbuh ) because as a Christian I was supposed to be a follower of Jesus ( pbuh ) first & foremost. Initially I was unconvinced then somehow I came across this white guy from Texas with a ton of facial hair that even had a southern accent, Yussuf Estes. It was upon listening to him and some of his use of Bible verses that I began to become more interested & I didn't just take his word for it either. I went back and read the verses in context to see if he was speaking from truth or error. From there it seemed to have a snowball effect, websites, youtube videos. I continued to try and test Islam and the message and more and more I came close to accepting Islam. I found my final peace last night through this website actually after someone linked me to another website on these boards that answered my few remaining questions and at roughly 4am I knew in my heart that Islam was the message of Allah and that Muhammad ( pbuh ) was indeed the prophet he said he was.

Now, with my story told I have a very simple question ( sorta ) .... I have accepted Islam, now what do I do? what do I not do? Before you even ask yes the Islamic center was very friendly and I have multiple contact numbers, at least one of which I will likely be calling tomorrow but since I am on here tonight.

PropellerAds

Ahh, the funny sheikh Yusuf Estes..I had the pleasure of meeting him when he came to Malaysia about 2 years ago..may Allah grant him good health and long life..

I always enjoy listening to the Quran especially the ones recited by Mishary Alafasy..Here are a couple of my favourites, see what you think of them..

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=Yf0jiYw-2DA"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=Yf0jiYw-2DA[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=CTFnBIPDyYs"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=CTFnBIPDyYs[/url]

I had my shahada today. Something nagged me to follow through on it & go to the Muslim center here & there I had my shahada. A little background:

I have tried many faiths as I was raised to test my faith and to never accept something blindly. I have done this with almost all denominations of Christianity & several other religions as well including Wicca. I was nestled for most of my life though in the Southern Baptist faith and there became a devote Christian who was zealous for my faith, some would have called me a fundamental Christian. I don't know how many know this but there are differences among the Christian denominations ( sects ). Some believe that authority and understanding come through the holy spirit while others think it comes through the Father, others Jesus ( pbuh ) but there are some who believe in the Bible as the word of God and that it is the direction of how to live life handed down by God ( when one is called a fundamental Christian it is usually those who believe the Bible as is and accept it as the truth ) and it was, oddly enough, the teachings of the Bible that led me to Islam. But, more specifically it was the teachings of Jesus ( pbuh ). I initially had issues with the contradiction in what was written in the Bible and what people were practicing in their everyday life. Then I started to have other issues. For example, if Jesus ( pbuh ) was the redeemer that offered us a way into heaven through his self sacrifice as is supposed in Christianity then why were there not one but two who went to heaven. Elijah ( pbuh ) and Enoch ( pbuh ) were both taken into heaven before they even died and it says this in the Bible, find any version you like it will say the same thing. Also Jesus ( pbuh ) was clear in saying that many will come in his name claiming that he has sent them but do not be deceived & not that long after he died ( again, according to the Bible ) Paul comes along and has the great vision on the road to Damascus. The Catholic Church says that Peter was the first Pope because he was given the keys to the kingdom by Jesus ( pbuh ) & yet 90% of the sermons they preach and is preached by other Christian leaders is from Paul. This made no sense. What really seemed oddest of all to me, & I had several arguments over this with my then fellow Christians was that Jesus ( pbuh ) said over and over again to follow the commandments and even at one point said that whoever follows the commandments of his father who is in heaven shall be great in heaven.

Obviously I was facing many issues but being open minded as I was I began to look into Islam. I was going to test it & compare it to the Biblical teachings & more specifically the teachings of Jesus ( pbuh ) because as a Christian I was supposed to be a follower of Jesus ( pbuh ) first & foremost. Initially I was unconvinced then somehow I came across this white guy from Texas with a ton of facial hair that even had a southern accent, Yussuf Estes. It was upon listening to him and some of his use of Bible verses that I began to become more interested & I didn't just take his word for it either. I went back and read the verses in context to see if he was speaking from truth or error. From there it seemed to have a snowball effect, websites, youtube videos. I continued to try and test Islam and the message and more and more I came close to accepting Islam. I found my final peace last night through this website actually after someone linked me to another website on these boards that answered my few remaining questions and at roughly 4am I knew in my heart that Islam was the message of Allah and that Muhammad ( pbuh ) was indeed the prophet he said he was.

Now, with my story told I have a very simple question ( sorta ) .... I have accepted Islam, now what do I do? what do I not do? Before you even ask yes the Islamic center was very friendly and I have multiple contact numbers, at least one of which I will likely be calling tomorrow but since I am on here tonight.

Why don't you put (PBUH) after Paul's name or Peter, Mark, Luke and John and the other disciples or apostles in the Bible? Wicca had paved or influenced your way in life not the Bible or the Biblical Jesus. You can convince Muslims and nominal Christians of this but not me friend. I am convinced that you were a nominal Christian, You knew a lot about Christ and the Bible, prehaps more than most, but you never knew Him (Jesus). If you did, you would have never dabbled in wicca or converted to Islam. Edited by aj4u

Why don't you put (PBUH) after Paul's name or Peter, Mark, Luke and John and the other disciples or apostles in the Bible? Wicca had paved or influenced your way in life not the Bible or the Biblical Jesus. You can convince Muslims and nominal Christians of this but not me friend. I am convinced that you were a nominal Christian, You knew a lot about Christ and the Bible, prehaps more than most, but you never knew Him (Jesus). If you did, you would have never dabbled in wicca or converted to Islam.

aj4u You asked Sickle why he didn't put PBUH after prophets, let me ask you why didn't you put PBUH after Jesus (pbuh)?

Congratulation again brother..

To start you have to learn it step by step.. Lets start with what are the five pillars of Islam?

Five Pillars are:

Declaration (Shahada) - which is I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is Allah's servant and His Messenger

Worship (Salat) - which is 5 times prayer a day

Fasting (Ramadan) - which is fasting one month a year in the month of ramadan

Donation (Zakat) - which is obligatory payment made annually under Islamic law on certain kinds of property and used for charitable and religious purposes.

Pilgrimage (Hajj) - which is The Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca that takes place in the last month of the year, expected once of all Muslims.

Edited by Mercyonmankind

:sl: (Assalamo alaikum)

Allahu Akbar. Congratulations brother for reverting to Islam. You have just made the best decision one can make in a lifetime.

To start with, I suggest that you browse this topic:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/257749.html"]Quick How-to Guide For New Muslims[/url]

We are all here for you, ready to help answer any questions you may have.

You are now like a new born child, free from sins.

Please pray for me and for all of us.

May Allah always guide you to the true path.

Alsalamo alykom, brother

masha Allah, wa la kowat ela beallah, welcome brother. and be sure you did the best decision in your life, and soon you will discover that in shaa Allah

From my point of view, take it easy, may be slow but steady, you may need too to categorize what you will learn into branches for more easiness

1- the beliefs: about Allah (his zat which is self and physics and his attributions and beautiful names), the angles, the scriptures, the prophets, the day of judgment, the self accountability for actions,… the paradise and hell

2- Islam rites: shahadah, Salah (praying), fasting, Zakah (charity), Hajj (pilgrimage),……

3- Dealing/Transactions: selling and buying, marriage and divorce, The law of war in Islam,…….

4- Islam Ethics: truth telling, trust worthy, justice, caring about the needy and poor, tolerance, ………..

5- Islam history, before the prophet, the life of the prophet, after the prophet,…..

6- Why Islam is the only truth, which will support all of the previous point, I may categorize it into 10 main branches:

1. The Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran

2. The Great Challenge to Produce One Chapter, Like the Chapters of the Holy Quran

3. Three challenges about creation,

4. The challenge to get any contradictions or wrong information in the Quran

5. Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of Muhammad the Prophet of Islam

6. The Verses in the Quran That Mention Future Events Which Later Came to Pass

7. Miracles Performed by the Prophet Muhammad

8. The great personality and Simple Life of Muhammad

9. The Phenomenal steady and stable Growth of Islam

10. The truth is what the non-Moslems witnessed for Islam

Briefly, you will find 6 of these are mentioned in this small pamphlet about Islam: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-guide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-guide(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

that's only a roughly suggestion, and you can add or change it to make it easy to you

I advise you to create a new folder on your computer desktop named "Islam", and then subfolders in it to the main branches and so on, and fill it with the knowledge you will accumulate in a good arranged manner,

Now all of your sins has been wiped out, forgiven. You are a sin-free man by Allah's favor. Plz, try to keep your self like that.

And If you felt sorrow and repent, to the god, about your old sins, by the favor of Allah all of your old sins will be converted to good deeds, can you imagine that!!

Personal request,

Make Doa'a, now, for all your beloved ones, all of your Moslem brothers and sisters, and all the good people on that earth.

May Allah complete his favor up on you and all the good people on that universe.

Edited by AHMAD_73

aj4u You asked Sickle why he didn't put PBUH after prophets, let me ask you why didn't you put PBUH after Jesus (pbuh)?

Congratulation again brother..

To start you have to learn it step by step.. Lets start with what are the five pillars of Islam?

Five Pillars are:

Declaration (Shahada) - which is I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is Allah's servant and His Messenger

Worship (Salat) - which is 5 times prayer a day

Fasting (Ramadan) - which is fasting one month a year in the month of ramadan

Donation (Zakat) - which is obligatory payment made annually under Islamic law on certain kinds of property and used for charitable and religious purposes.

Pilgrimage (Hajj) - which is The Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca that takes place in the last month of the year, expected once of all Muslims.

I know about the 5 pilllows why are you telling me of them?

Jesus (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) is my Lord and God. I worship Him! When I say Praise the Lord, I am thinking of Jesus (SWT), and what He's done for me. I believe I please God by doing this because that is what He wants! This also angers the satan! I don't usually write PBUH or SWT after names of prophets or God, because I am not bound to do so! I am not God's slave; I am free, and free born like Isaac & Jacob. I am a son of God not God's slave or the Devil's slave! I don't believe any of the prophets were better than me in God's eyes. God is no respecter of persons! I know who I am in Christ and I know I have been created in the image of God Himself! Satan is a liar and the father of lies! I bind him in Jesus' name!

Edited by aj4u

aj4u, your comments are out of place for this subject. The author is not asking for an argument, but help. If you are not going to assist with his request, then you should cease posting on this thread. Additionally, your posts do not seem to indicate an inquiry into Islam, which is the purpose of this forum, but rather an attack upon Islam, or at least upon this convert to Islam. Please consider your participation here and try to abide by both the rules of the forum as well as respecting its purpose for existing.

aj4u, your comments are out of place for this subject. The author is not asking for an argument, but help.

Well, I can understand you saying that. He said, "I Just Converted...now What?" the only thing I can tell Sickle to help is to revert. That is my being sincerely truthful; otherwise, I am disobeying what my God shows me by going against my convictions. He is asking "now what?" I am answering his question and sharing my opinion. IMO, he was really a nominal Christian.

If a fellow Muslim brother converts to Christianity and asks "now what?" you would do the same. Wouldn't you??? I am here to learn about Islam, seek truth and share it, not to become a Muslim. He doesn't need you to defend him, & I don't need you judging me! He can respond for himself and defend his reason for converting to set me straight, if he can. :sl:

peace

Edited by aj4u

Well, I can understand you saying that. He said, "I Just Converted...now What?" the only thing I can tell him to help is to revert. That is my being sincerely truthful otherwise, I am disobeying what my God shows me by going against my convictions. He is asking "now what?" I am sharing my opinion. He was really a nominal Christian. If a fellow Muslim brother converts to Christianity and asks "now what?" you would do the same. Wouldn't you??? I am here to learn about Islam not to become a Muslim. He doesn't need you to defend him & I don't need you judging me! He can respond for himself and defend his reason for converting & set me straight if he can. :sl:

peace

alghough it will not be accepted for a Moslem to get to the chuch and explain his beliefs, or even in a christian forum and try to advise any convert to christianity (if there is such person), i belief so...

while it's ok for Moslems, from my point of view, that you to do so, why? because the people reverts to Islam by the god mercy and power not by Moslems efforts. and sure you know that the Moslems don't have enough power in this world to revert 1,000,000s yearlly among the most advanced western countries.

although it will be painful to say that 150,000 times a year in the USA alone.

may Allah show you the truth you are seeking for :sl:

alghough it will not be accepted for a Moslem to get to the chuch and explain his beliefs, or even in a christian forum and try to advise any convert to christianity (if there is such person), i belief so...

while it's ok for Moslems, from my point of view, that you to do so, why? because the people reverts to Islam by the god mercy and power not by Moslems efforts. and sure you know that the Moslems don't have enough power in this world to revert 1,000,000s yearlly among the most advanced western countries.

although it will be painful to say that 150,000 times a year in the USA alone.

may Allah show you the truth you are seeking for :sl:

I would welcome a Muslim on a Christian forum even if his sole purpose was to convert me and others. He'd have a hard time, because I wouldn't pull punches like I am on here! I cannot speak for other Christians, but I treat people on this forum the way I would want to be treated whether they are advanced posters or newbies. It is distrubing that so many are converting to Islam that once called themselves Christians. I feel a smack in the face when it happens! :sl:

Edited by aj4u

I would welcome a Muslim on a Christian forum even if his sole purpose was to convert me and others. He'd have a hard time, because I wouldn't pull punches like I am on here! I cannot speak for other Christians, but I treat people on this forum the way I would want to be treated whether they are advanced posters or newbies. It is distrubing that so many are converting to Islam that once called themselves Christians. I feel a smack in the face when it happens! :sl:

just take it easy, you your self may be one of us one day, who knows :sl:

aj4u I have posted my thoughts, clearly what you want is a debate. I do not wish to anger you or even wish you ill will. I know peace & wish only to continue in my journey. You can call me whatever you like but that does not mean I have to continue responding to you. Truth does not come through sheer belief that you are right, it comes through submission. Had I not been a sincere Christian it would have been a lot harder for me to revert to Islam as I did. Btw, I was only a wiccan for about a month and if you knew anything about that particular belief system you might find how humorous it is that you would even indicate that it had anything to do with me reverting to Islam. If anything Wicca is more compatible with the average protestant Christian denominations in America today than it is with Islam. See I followed the Bible first and foremost for where else would I learn of Jesus? And if I took my believes lightly I certainly would not have been at 2 Christian Universities nor had a tattoo of a cross on my arm to remind me of the phrase we all have a cross to bear. While I could debate with you about the Bible what ends would it serve? You are convinced blindly that it is the word of God & even indicate that it is impossible to become Islam for a true Christian.

That is all I have to say on the matter because to me you come across as individual trying to harass, not learn. You continue to insult me by saying I was a 'nominal' Christian as if I was the average American ( like most above the Mason Dixon line ) who does not live eat and breath for the Bible. No I prayed constantly, I studied fervently, I exhibited the fruits of the spirit ( Galatians 5:22) and I did not follow some denominational dogma like a blind sheep. If you think that reverting to Islam is some easy decision for me personally then clearly you know nothing of where I am from or the culture of this area. If you continue to harass me I am going to report you to the administrator of the board.

p.s.

the fact that you continue to insult instead of showing love, gentleness, and understanding and choose to instead use discord and dissension show that you are not practicing what you preach ( Galatians 5:19-21 ). In closing I say simply this your words might have held more weight had you not been so willing to put down another.

aj4u I have posted my thoughts, clearly what you want is a debate. I do not wish to anger you or even wish you ill will. I know peace & wish only to continue in my journey. You can call me whatever you like but that does not mean I have to continue responding to you. Truth does not come through sheer belief that you are right, it comes through submission. Had I not been a sincere Christian it would have been a lot harder for me to revert to Islam as I did.
No, I don't care to debate anything with you. I never said you weren't sincere. Moreover, it goes without saying you don't have to respond!
Btw, I was only a wiccan for about a month and if you knew anything about that particular belief system you might find how humorous it is that you would even indicate that it had anything to do with me reverting to Islam. If anything Wicca is more compatible with the average protestant Christian denominations in America today than it is with Islam. See I followed the Bible first and foremost for where else would I learn of Jesus? And if I took my believes lightly I certainly would not have been at 2 Christian Universities nor had a tattoo of a cross on my arm to remind me of the phrase we all have a cross to bear. While I could debate with you about the Bible what ends would it serve? You are convinced blindly that it is the word of God & even indicate that it is impossible to become Islam for a true Christian.
What's worse calling someone a nominal Christian or saying they are convinced blindly that the Bible is the word of God not showing love, gentleness and being accuse of being full of discord, dissension & insulting with a threat to be reported?

As far as wiccan goes, I know what it has its roots in. As I mentioned, I care not to debate. You are a Muslim and carry more clout on this forum, so I would have to be stupid to debate with you especially when you don't want to.

p.s.the fact that you continue to insult instead of showing love, gentleness, and understanding and choose to instead use discord and dissension show that you are not practicing what you preach ( Galatians 5:19-21 ). In closing I say simply this your words might have held more weight had you not been so willing to put down another.
You quoted some of Galatians to me. Friend, did you over look GALATIANS 3:1-4? Did you ever think that what I am doing is love in the form of rebuke??? If you don't want me to respond to you anymore, just say so or don't respond to this. I will respect your wishes.

In His Grip

aj4u

Edited by aj4u

aj4u You are a Muslim and carry more clout on this forum

lol..that's a ridiculous statement aj4u. I think the forum has treated you in the same manner it treats muslims, non muslims and atheists. There's no such thing as Muslims carry more clout on this site.

lol..that's a ridiculous statement aj4u. I think the forum has treated you in the same manner it treats muslims, non muslims and atheists. There's no such thing as Muslims carry more clout on this site.

Lol, I am happy to hear that :sl: and happy to be wrong about that.

I cannot say I haven't been treated fairly.

But there is a built in clout system such as newie, Jr and senior and all the way up so clout esxists everywhere, IMO whether you admit it of not.

Edited by aj4u

aj4u your words do not come across as loving and the Bible teaches to rebuke with love. Now with that said, any arguments you could possibly present to me I have already argued with myself I assure you & through Islam I have found the answers thanks to individuals who take the time to understand the Bible and its importance in the belief system of a Christian, especially a devote one like I was. As I tried to say before I live in Dixie & converting to Islam is not something I take lightly. My family could very likely end up disowning me over this. I face many hardships for my shahada & yet still I can say that I tested Islam & it came out as right.

I do not wish for further debate. I am not asking you to revert. I am simply saying that I did. End of

Truth does not come through sheer belief that you are right, it comes through submission.

:sl: Nicely said..

BTW Have you heard of this brother? Sounds to me he is very much a bible scholar, a former minister with a master degree from Harvard, goes to prove your point about AJ4U I guess :

Dr. Dirks is a former minister (deacon) of the United Methodist Church. He holds a Master's degree in Divinity from Harvard University and a Doctorate in Psychology from the University of Denver. Author of "The Cross and the Crescent: An Interfaith Dialogue between Christianity and Islam" (2001), and "Abraham: The Friend of God" (2002). He has published over 60 articles in the field of clinical psychology, and over 150 articles on Arabian horses.

© 2002 (Abu Yahya) Jerald F. Dirks, M. Div, Psy. D. Reproduced below with his permission and segmented into six sections without any alternation or editing in the text content.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetwelcome-back(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/profile/dirks1.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetwelcome-back(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/profile/dirks1.shtml[/url]

Btw, to everyone reading this. I thank you for your answers and assistance. My local Islamic center has been surprisingly helpful & I went to service tonight ( I forget the name of it, forgive me I am still learning. It was after the sunset had already came and went though ) & a brother showed me the proper way to perform Ablution. I was also given some information on how to go about Salat. And I now have an English translation of the Qur'an ( translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali ) as well as a DVD of Yusuf Estes, 'Why I converted to Islam'.

Again thank you all and As-Salamu Alaykum

although I would love to hear from anyone that could explain to me why the people at the Islamic Center continues to ask me about my financial affairs and how things are with me financially. I am sure this is part of the culture or something, I just am not familiar with it.

although I would love to hear from anyone that could explain to me why the people at the Islamic Center continues to ask me about my financial affairs and how things are with me financially. I am sure this is part of the culture or something, I just am not familiar with it.

It is part of the brotherhood..If you have problem, then it is an obligation upon your brothers to help you out the best that they can,,that's all..

Wow! :sl: I love Islam so much. There was a prayer that was said after my shahada & as my eyes were closed and my hands were together palms up I felt as if my soul was being lifted up somehow.

Wow! :sl: I love Islam so much. There was a prayer that was said after my shahada & as my eyes were closed and my hands were together palms up I felt as if my soul was being lifted up somehow.

:no:, ok admit it brother, you were on verge of tears as well, right? :sl:

aj4u your words do not come across as loving and the Bible teaches to rebuke with love. Now with that said, any arguments you could possibly present to me I have already argued with myself I assure you & through Islam I have found the answers thanks to individuals who take the time to understand the Bible and its importance in the belief system of a Christian, especially a devote one like I was. As I tried to say before I live in Dixie & converting to Islam is not something I take lightly. My family could very likely end up disowning me over this. I face many hardships for my shahada & yet still I can say that I tested Islam & it came out as right.

I do not wish for further debate. I am not asking you to revert. I am simply saying that I did. End of

No rebuking comes across as loving even from the Lord. My family had disowned me for obeying Luke 14: 33. I left all to follow Jesus. I am testing Islam too, but it hasn't past my test and yet I keep testing it. It beats the hell out of me how it works for you especially if you were the Christian you say. I know nominal Christians that are very devout Catholics, it was my background, but they have a religious spirit. It had nothing to do with knowing Jesus Christ and everything about knowing about Him and all the Catholic dogma.

I don't know why you keep bringing up you don't want a debate. I don't see where we've had a dabate. Maybe you mean it vicariously through the debates I am having with others on the treads. I believe you were sincere as a Christian and sincere now. I believe, however, you are sincerely wrong. That is not a debate. I wish you the best in this life.

BTW, I couldn't be a revert, because I was never a Muslim to begin with. So if you are a revert then it makes prefect sense that you are now a Muslim. To me, and according to you, you simply went back to what you really were to start with.

BTW, I couldn't be a revert, because I was never a Muslim to begin with.

AJ, a couple of points:

1) It is not an obligation for a Muslim to say PBUH after the name of a prophet is mentioned but it is highly recommended. If we do it,Allah would reward us for it as it is considered by Him as a good deed (i.e an act of worship)

2) Muslims subscribe to the belief that every single person is born with a clean pure white sheet, i.e sinless, and this continue until we reach the age of reason whereas we would be accountable for the choices that we make. This is not a hard concept to grab and I believe every since sane person on the planet can relate to this. No laws or justice system would send a 5 year old to jail for any crime OK?. We also believe that once a person 'return' and 'turn' toward the One who Created him, by declaring his faith ie sahadah, then his slate would be wiped clean and he became like a new born baby again, that is why we love our new brother so much..so 'revert' from a Muslim perspective makes sense.. OK?

:sl:, ok admit it brother, you were on verge of tears as well, right? :sl:

I was at very close at my shahada yes but unlike many I realized the truth of Islam at 4am that day and it was then that I was truly on the verge of tears & by verge I mean I had to use most of my will power to hold it back. It was like being blown over and nothing could possibly have prevented me from reverting after that point. Amazingly as a Nasrani when I converted I felt something also but it went away almost like the snap of a finger but with Islam this is something else altogether. I feel more at peace than I have ever felt in my life. I used to have a bit of a temper issue and had symptoms of severe anxiety and bipolar. Now it is like it is all gone, I am calm even in times when I would normally get angry. I am quick to understand and the feeling I have in my heart for Islam is like nothing I ever had, even for my daughter ( who was born when I was still a Nasrani out of wedlock ). I cannot begin to describe the love and peace within with adequate words.

Also, for some odd reason I find it hard to watch most of television anymore. Not because I was told to or anything of that nature. I just find so much of it so perverse, ill-willed, or blasphemous. Even more bizarre is every person I have told of this in person has inquired more and when I began to explain they want to know & as I reply, they want to know more. It is like a never ending thirst for them. I truly believe now that if any part of me ever did anything to contradict what is taught by Allah I will remove it.