Islamic Forum
sickle

I Just Converted...now What?

AJ, a couple of points:

1) It is not an obligation for a Muslim to say PBUH after the name of a prophet is mentioned but it is highly recommended. If we do it,Allah would reward us for it as it is considered by Him as a good deed (i.e an act of worship)

2) Muslims subscribe to the belief that every single person is born with a clean pure white sheet, i.e sinless, and this continue until we reach the age of reason whereas we would be accountable for the choices that we make. This is not a hard concept to grab and I believe every since sane person on the planet can relate to this. No laws or justice system would send a 5 year old to jail for any crime OK?. We also believe that once a person 'return' and 'turn' toward the One who Created him, by declaring his faith ie sahadah, then his slate would be wiped clean and he became like a new born baby again, that is why we love our new brother so much..so 'revert' from a Muslim perspective makes sense.. OK?

I can remember when I was a baby in a play pen getting into a fight with another baby that was put in with me. I remember the event, because we were hurting each other by biting one another. So personal experience tells me of what i can remember that the Bible is true regarding sin being bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it far from him. David confessed and realized he was sinful at birth. Jesus said, You must be born again or you will never see the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, if we are born once, we die twice; if we are born twice, we die once! Our feelings make a wonderful servant slave, but a very poor leader. We must meet God on His terms. The concept teaching of Jesus of being born again having a fresh clean start of purity didn't come from the Quran; it came from the Bible. Many pepole follow their feelings and emotional charged religious cermonies that feel good and bring a sense of peace & good change, but it is plastic. In the beginning, it will seem smooth as oil and sweet as honey, but its end will be bitter as worm wood and sharp as a two edged sword!

Edited by aj4u

PropellerAds
I can remember when I was a baby in a play pen getting into a fight with another baby that was put in with me. I remember the event, because we were hurting each other by biting one another.

Look AJ, let discuss this in a common sense and rational manner without the scripture first..Is there any justice system in the world that can send or punish a child younger than say 10 for any crime? I believe not unless you can present an evidence to disprove it. Do you, in your personal opinion now, consider yourself 'sinned' at the age when you got yourself into a 'fight' with another baby and deserve some sort of divine punishment for your 'biting'? Answer this and we'll grt into the next point IA..

Look AJ, let discuss this in a common sense and rational manner without the scripture first..Is there any justice system in the world that can send or punish a child younger than say 10 for any crime? I believe not unless you can present an evidence to disprove it. Do you, in your personal opinion now, consider yourself 'sinned' at the age when you got yourself into a 'fight' with another baby and deserve some sort of divine punishment for your 'biting'? Answer this and we'll grt into the next point IA..

I have never brought up anything about divine punishment for babies; you did. I just agreed with David that we are sinful at birth. I am not looking to turn this into a debate, The way the world makes judgments is not the way God does, very thing God does is just and right. Justice in the world is blind most of the times. How can you even attempt to compare God's justice system to that of the world. You are comparing apples with oranges again. Everyone gets an opportunity to choose life or death. God can grow children quicking to make their informed decision. I don't know how God makes judgments in hypothetical situations you make up. Really, more.... tomorrow Good night

I have never brought up anything about divine punishment for babies;

Sinned means punishment, no?

My problems are that Muhammad is listed as a prophet but hasn't been proven by the previous prophets as is instructed by the Qur'an. He performed no miracles ( again, according to the Qur'an ) and had no prophecy. He had 1 miracle as I am to understand it but had no witnesses ( similar to Paul on the road to Damascus ). I am told the Bible is corrupted but the Qur'an says to look to the previous 2 books of God. I have found these & some contradictions to the words of Jesus in the Bible and even the prophecies as foretold in the previous 2 books where Jesus said he will send prophets and teachers not prophet. Also in the Bible Jesus says, "anything you ask in my name you will receive" . I am still unsure of the triunity as I am not sure that the Bible actually goes over that kind of thing and Jesus himself taught us to pray directly to God in the Lord's Prayer. The problems I find with Christianity all seem to revolve around what was taught outside of the actual teachings of the Bible. If I ever come back to Islam it will be after being thoroughly convinced through the words of the Bible, both Old & New Testaments. Right now it does not seemingly match up. I also have trouble swallowing that the creator of all that exists only accepts prayers in one language.

I can go into more details if need be. You cannot say to look to the Bible and then in the same breath claim it invalid, also Jesus said, "Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town." (matthew 23:34) was he a liar? Muhammad is the last prophet but Jesus said he was sending prophets.

see I met some and read of some who were Christians & converted to Christianity but I could not find one who followed it to the degree that I do. I follow whole heartedly the words of Jesus. I believed in the words of the Bible. I study it intently. Most of the Christians I met who converted to Islam, whether in person or online who was as into Christianity as I was. Try looking up the term Dixie, & then look up the term Bible Belt. That is what I grew up under.

Damn typos...what I meant to say was while I have met many christians who converted to Islam I have yet to meet any who were serious about it before they converted to Islam. As I followed Christ it was not a joke to me, it was something I strove for, to be Christ like in my words, actions, thoughts and intentions. I strove to obey the commandments as Jesus taught and to live as Christ lived because that is what the Bible taught. Sadly because of growing up in Dixie aka the Bible Belt I don't think many foreign born Muslims ( and frankly if we are talking about Dixie I have to include those born in the northern portion of the United States because unless you have lived in Dixie for many years and know the culture you just won't get it ) will understand what type of Christian I am & how seriously I take my faith. I say this because if I was ever to go back to Islam it is not something I take lightly

Well good luck with your search, the door of the submission is open to you as long as you have a hearth that beats.

Indeed the submission is not easy as said by the Creator, except for those who are humble...

[2.45] And seek help in patience and prayer. For it is heavy, except to the humble,

Edited by Mercyonmankind

Sickle, you should probably go ahead and change your religious status here on the forum so as to not confuse readers. Also, please be more cautious in your casual remarks regarding Mohammad. It could be construed as an insult against him, which would be a violation of the forums rules, as well as the spirit and purpose of this forum, which is to promote Islam in a respectful manner.

Mercyonmankind, I just wanted you to know I thought your post was better before the final line was edited in. I think it is a good idea to respond to sickle's objections, but why not try to do so in the appropriate forum and in a more winsome manner.

funny how muhammad couldn't either huh?

It was about you :sl:...

I removed it, because its a separate topic.

the sad clown Sickle didn't understand what i meant, I was just testing how much he would follow Jesus Peace be upon him. In regards to walking over water, I wanted to know whether he had a desire to sincerely follow Jesus Peace be upon him and one day he will live and walk like Jesus Peace be upon him...

Edited by Mercyonmankind

Sickle, could you tell me the name of the Islamic centre that you went to to say your shahadah and also the names of the brothers that attended and witnessed your sahadah. Could be a miscommunication somewhere, you are in central USA right?

Wow! :sl: I love Islam so much. There was a prayer that was said after my shahada & as my eyes were closed and my hands were together palms up I felt as if my soul was being lifted up somehow.

How quickly have you forgotten what God blessed you with, and fell at the first hurdle.

Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.

And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test). [29:2-3]

If you remained patient then you would have had the answers to your questions. Pray to God for guidance, and ask Him to forgive you, read the Qur'an. Be sincere, if you are sincere then Allaah will guide you back to the truth.

If you have any questions about Islaam then feel free to PM me and I'll try to help as much as I can.

I can remember when I was a baby in a play pen getting into a fight with another baby that was put in with me. I remember the event, because we were hurting each other by biting one another. So personal experience tells me of what i can remember that the Bible is true regarding sin being bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it far from him. David confessed and realized he was sinful at birth. Jesus said, You must be born again or you will never see the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, if we are born once, we die twice; if we are born twice, we die once! Our feelings make a wonderful servant slave, but a very poor leader. We must meet God on His terms. The concept teaching of Jesus of being born again having a fresh clean start of purity didn't come from the Quran; it came from the Bible. Many pepole follow their feelings and emotional charged religious cermonies that feel good and bring a sense of peace & good change, but it is plastic. In the beginning, it will seem smooth as oil and sweet as honey, but its end will be bitter as worm wood and sharp as a two edged sword!

Jesus never said that you are born a sinner at all. Born again is a metaphorical meaning, are you literaly born out of your mothers womb again?? So the term born sinner is a term that makes no sense. If we are all born in sin and Jesus is the only one not born in sin then that means that everybody at the event of Jesus was born in sin.

This includes his mother Mary (GOD FORBID). If we are all born in sin then that would mean according to Christian belief that God was born by a woman who was a sinner. Not only that its also saying that God was raised by sinners and that his earthly Father Joseph was a sinner as well.

Now why would God create paths for us to choose one of those paths is being a sinner, then God decides to come to earth through a sinner, then he turns around and dies at the hands of sinners, so that the sinners can have salvation :sl: :sl: :no: :j: then what is the purpose of judgement day

Also aj4u TWO sinners was on the cross with Jesus and they even admitted their crimes and that they was justly being dealt with But that Jesus was innocent. Now question how come Jesus told the thief the SINNER that he would be in paradise that day and the thief never ever accepted Jesus as his God. The thief was never a Christian yet Jesus told him that he would be in paradise with him that day.

Pitty how quick you make your decisions, but of course its your choice.

I just need to make a couple of corrections regarding your misconceptions:

My problems are that Muhammad is listed as a prophet but hasn't been proven by the previous prophets as is instructed by the Qur'an.

The only holy book guaranteed by God against falsifying is the Quran. Other religions' scriptures were either lost or tampered with. It's wrong to base your conclusion on those books. All events mentioned in previous religions were detailed in truth in the Quran. Any contradictions are due to human interferences in previous books, non of which were guaranteed against falsifying, because they were not meant to be followed to the end of time, like Islam is.

He performed no miracles ( again, according to the Qur'an )

You are correct. That was intentional. God this time made His final religion a lasting miracle, a living miracle, the Quran.

In previous religions, the message was intended for the era each was revealed in. There was no necessity then for miracles to last.

But when it comes to Islam, being the last divine message to humanity, God made its miracle the Quran itself. If you studied the Quran in depth, you'll realize the many miracles of the holy Quran. One of those miracles is that it is non-falsifiable by itself, and by divine guarantee. There are many other miracles that need more in depth readings.

and had no prophecy.

This is not correct. You need to read more on this. Prophet Muhammad :sl: left a wealth of sayings (ahadeeth) some of which refer to correct predictions in the future. They were from divine inspiration.

If I ever come back to Islam it will be after being thoroughly convinced through the words of the Bible, both Old & New Testaments.

I guess by doing so you'll put yourself in a deadlock. For books to convince, they must be pure words of God. You have no access to the originals. The only such book that exists today is the Quran.

dear sickle

Allah says in the Quran to know the shahada, meaning that what you are saying in those two testifications is that you know what you are saying. If you truely believe that there is no God but God and that Muhammad is the last messenger then and only then should you take your shahada.

If you are not sure about Muhammad and the last message (the Quran) then you havent truely taken your shahada nor have you understood fully what you are saying.

The shahada is not only a saying it is also a LEGAL oath between you and God and other witnesses as well. You are saying that this is the life you have chosen and that you understand the basic principles of Islam and you have a good understanding of who Muhammad is. And that when you die you want to be buried as a muslim. Its an oath that you stick to till death.

There should be no wavering in your heart whatsoever when you say the shahada, you should be saying it with knowledge of what you are saying. If not then its just mere words that is of no effect at all.

Now if you havent had the understanding then you have not truely taken your shahada and you are being a fraud to yourself, and a liar to yourself, and you are entering into a way of life that you have no knowledge about. Knowledge of what you are saying is paramount in taking your shahada for without full understanding then the words mean nothing.

You should truely study Muhammad and ask all the questions you have and come to an intelligent decision of whether or not Islam is the right choice for you. And if you decide that it is based off of knowledge then and only then is when you say your shahada.

If you truely believe that there is no God but God and that Muhammad is the last messenger then and only then should you take your shahada.

If you are not sure about Muhammad and the last message (the Quran) then you havent truely taken your shahada nor have you understood fully what you are saying...You should truely study Muhammad and ask all the questions you have and come to an intelligent decision of whether or not Islam is the right choice for you. And if you decide that it is based off of knowledge then and only then is when you say your shahada.

That was some excellent advice. I just wanted to quote it again for its truth and profundity as well as to thank twoswordali for speaking on the subject.

Okay to the one who asked, no I do not live in Middle America aka the Bread Basket. I live in Dixie aka the Bible Belt

This area:

Southern United States

As to the Shahada I knew what it said but new things that I have found seem to be to the contrary on the part of the prophet. And if I am to just blindly throw away the Bible both Old and New I have no reason to believe in Jesus at all now do I?

If someone is interested in going over the things I am having difficulty accepting and thinks that they can answer it then I am more than open to listening.

As to everything else basically put I converted back to Christianity because, in the light of new findings, I would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to submitting to the will of God and doing only what he pleases. And if I am not first and foremost about submitting to the will of God then not only am I not Muslim ( as I understand that submitting to Allah is the first precept for being Muslim ) then nor am I a true Christian.

Okay to the one who asked, no I do not live in Middle America aka the Bread Basket. I live in Dixie aka the Bible Belt

This area:

<a href="you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnewworldencyclopedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/entry/Southern_United_States" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Southern United States</a>

As to the Shahada I knew what it said but new things that I have found seem to be to the contrary on the part of the prophet. And if I am to just blindly throw away the Bible both Old and New I have no reason to believe in Jesus at all now do I?

If someone is interested in going over the things I am having difficulty accepting and thinks that they can answer it then I am more than open to listening.

As to everything else basically put I converted back to Christianity because, in the light of new findings, I would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to submitting to the will of God and doing only what he pleases. And if I am not first and foremost about submitting to the will of God then not only am I not Muslim ( as I understand that submitting to Allah is the first precept for being Muslim ) then nor am I a true Christian.

What do you believe about Jesus (peace be upon him)?

Muhammad (peace be upon him) in the bible

Praise be to Allaah.

Muhammad(Peace Be Upon Him)in the bible

Bible prophecies about the advent of muhammad

Abraham is widely regarded as the Patriarch of monotheism and the common father of the Jews, Christians and Muslims. Through his second son, Isaac, came all israelite prophet including such towering figures as Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David, Solomon and Jesus. May peace and blessing be upon them all. The advent of these great prophets was in partial fulfillment of God’s promises to bless the nations of earth through the descendents of Abraham (Genesis 12:2-3). Such fulfillment is wholeheartedly accepted by Muslims whose faith considers the belief in and respect of all prophets an article of faith.

BLESSING OF ISHMAEL AND ISAAC

Was the first born son of Abraham (Ishmael) and his descendants icluded in God’s covenant and promise? A few verses from the Bible may help shed some light on this question :

Genesis 12:2-3 speaks of God’s promise to Abraham and his descendants before any child was born to him.

Genesis 17:4 reiterates God’s promise after the birth of Ishmael and before the birth of Isaac.

In Genesis, ch.21. Isaac is specifically blessed but Ishmael was also specifically blessed and promised by God to become “ a great nation” especially in Genesis 21:13, 18.

According to Deuteronomy 21:15-17 the traditional rights and privileges of the first born son are not to be affected by the social status of his mother (being a ‘free’ woman such as Sarah, Isaac’s mother, or a “Bondwoman” such as Hagar, Ishmael’s mother). This is only consistent with the moral and humanitarian principles of all revealed faiths.

The full legitimacy of Ismael as Abraham’s son and “seed” and the full legitimacy of his mother, Hagar, as Abraham’s wife are clearly stated in Genesis 21:13 and 16:3.

After Jesus, the last israelite messenger and prophet, it was time that God’s promise to bless Ismael and his descendants be fulfilled. Less than 600 years after Jesus, came the last messenger of God, Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him) , from the progency of Abraham through Ishmael. God’s blessing of both of the main branches of Abraham’s family tree was now fulfilled. But are there additional corroborating evidence that the Bible did in fact foretell the advent of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him)?

MUHAMMAD (Peace be Upon Him):

The Prophet Like Unto Moses

Long time after Abraham, God’s promise to send the long-awaited Messenger was repeated this time in Moses’ word.

In Deuteronomy 18:18, Moses spoke of the prophet to be sent by God who is :

From among the israelite’s “brethren” a reference to their Ishmaelite cousins as Ishmael was the other son of Abraham who was explicitly promised to become a “great nation”.

A prophet like unto Moses. There were hardly any two prophets who were so much alike as Moses and Muhammad. Both were given comprehensive law code of life, both encountered their enemies and were victors in miraculous ways, both were accepted as prophets/statesmen and both migrated following conspiracies to assassinate them. Analogies between Moses and Jesus overlooks not only the above similarities but other crucial ones as well (e.g. the natural birth, family life and death of Moses and Muhammad but no of Jesus, who was regarded by His followers as the Son of God and not exclusively a messenger of God, as Moses and Muhammad were and as Muslim belief Jesus was).

THE AWAITED PROPHET WAS TO COME FROM ARABIA

Deuteronomy 33:1-2 combines references to Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. It speaks of God (i.e. God’s revelation) coming from Sinai, rising from Seir (probably the village of Sa’ir near Jerusalem) and shining forth from Paran.

According to Genesis 21:21, the wilder-ness of Paran was the place where Ishmael settled (i.e. Arabia, specifically Mecca).

Indeed the King James version of the Bible mentions the pilgrims passing through the valley of Ba’ca (another name of Mecca) in Psalms 84:4-6.

Isaiah 42:1-13 speaks of the beloved of God. His elect and messenger who will bring down a law to be awaited in the isles and who “shall not fail nor be discouraged till he have set judgement on earth.” Verse 11, connects that awaited one with the descendants of Ke’dar. Who is Ke’dar? According to Genesis 25:13, Ke’dar was the second son of Ishmael, the ancestor of the prophet Muhammad.

MUHAMMAD’S MIGRATION FROM MECCA TO MEDINA : PROPHECIED IN THE BIBLE?

Habakkuk 3:3 speaks of God (God’s help) coming from Te’man. (an Oasis North of Medina according to J. Hasting’s Dictionary of the Bible), and the holy one (coming) from Paran. That holy one who under persecution migrated from Paran (Mecca) to be received enthusiastically in Medina was none but prophet Muhammad.

Indeed the incident of the migration of the prophet and his persecuted followers is vividly described in Isaiah 21:13-17. that section forerold as well about the battel of Badr in which the few ill-armed faithfull miraculously defeated the “mighty” men of Ke’dar, who sought to destroy Islam and intimidate their own folks who turned to Islam.

THE QUR’AN (KORAN) FORETOLD IN THE BIBLE?

For twenty-three years, God’s word (the Qur’an) were truely put into Muhammad’s mouth. He was not the “author” of the Qur’an. The Qur’an was dictated to him by Angel Gabriel who asked Muhammad to simply repeat the words of the Qur’an as he heard them. These words were then committed to memory and to writing by those who hear them during Muhammad’s life time and under his supervision.

Was it a coincidence that the prophet “like unto Moses” from the “brethren” of the israelites (i.e. from the Ishmaelites) was also described as one in whose mouth God will put his words and that he will speak in the name of God., (Duteronomy 18:18-20). Was it also a coincidence the “Paraclete” thet Jesus foretold to come after Him was described as one who “shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak.. “(John 16:13).

Was it another coincidence that Isaiah ties between the messenger connected with Ke’dar and a new song (a scripture in a new language) to be sang unto the Lord (Isaiah 42:10-11). More explicitly, prophesies Isaiah “ for with stammering lips, and another tongue, will he speak to this people” (Isaiah 28:11). This latter verse correctly describes the “stammering lips” of Prophet Muhammad reflecting the state of tension and concentration he went through at the time of revelation. Another related point is that the Qur’an was revealed in piece-meals over a span of twenty-three years. It is interisting to compare this with Isaiah 28:10 which speaks of the same thing.

THAT PROPHET – PARACLETE – MUHAMMAD

Up to the time of Jesus, the israelites were still awaiting for that prophet like unto Moses prophecied in Deuteronomy 18:18. when John the Baptist came, they asked him if he was Christ and he said “No”. they asked him if he was Elias and he said “No”. then, in apparent reference to Deuteronomy 18:18, they asked him “Art thou that Prophet” and he answered, “No”. (John 1:19-21).

In the Gospel according to John (Chapters 14, 15, 16) Jesus spoke of the “ Paraclete” or comporter who will come after him, who will be sent by Father as another Paraclete, who will teach new things which the contemporaries of Jesus could not bear. While the Paraclete is described as the spirit of truth (whose meaning resemble Muhammad’s famous title Al-Amin, the trustworthy), he is identified in one verse as the Holy Ghost (John 14:26). Such a designation is however incosistent with the profile of that Paraclete. In the words of the Dictionary of the Bible, (Ed. J. Mackenzie) “ These items, it must be admitted do not give an entirely coherent picture.”

Indeed history tells us that many early Christians understood the Paraclete to be a man and not a spirit. This might explain the followings who responded to some who claimed, without meeting the criteria stipulated by Jesus, to be the awaited “Paraclete”.

It was Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him) who was the Paraclete, Comforter, helper, admonisher sent by God after Jesus. He testified of Jesus, taught new things which could not be borne at Jesus’ time, he spoke what he heard (revelation), he dwells with the believers (through his well-preserved teachings). Such teachings will remain forever because he was the last messenger of God, the only Universal Messenger to unite the whole of humanity under God and on the path of PRESERVED truth. He told of many things to come which “came to pass” in the minutest detail meeting, the criterion given by Moses to distinguish between the true prophet and the false prophets (Deuteronomy 18:22). He did reprove the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement (John 16:8-11).

WAS THE SHIFT OF RELIGIUS LEADERSHIP PROPHECIED?

Following the rejection of the last israelite prophet, Jesus, it was about time that God’s promise to make Ishmael a great nation be fulfilled (Genesis 21:13, 18).

In Matthew 21:19-21, Jesus spoke of the fruitless fig tree (A Biblical symbol of prophetic heritage) to be cleared after being given a last chance of three years (the duration of Jesus’ ministry) to give fruit. In a later verse in the same chapter, Jesus said : “Therefore, say I unto you, the Kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and given to nation bringing forth the fruit thereof” (Matthew 21:43). That nation of Ishmael’s descendants (the rejected stone in Matthew 21 :42) which was victorious against all super-powers of its time as prophecied by Jesus : “ And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken, but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder” (Matthew 21:44).

OUT OF CONTEXT COINCIDENCE?

Is it possible that the numerous prophecies cited here are all individually and combined out of contect misinterpretations? is the opposite true, that such infrequently studied verses fit together consistently and clearly point to the advent of the man who changed the course of human history, Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him). Is it reasonable to conclude that all these prophecies, appearing in different books of the Bible and spoken by various prophets at different times were all coinsidence? If this is so here is another strange “coincidence”!

One of the signs of the prophet to come from Paran (Mecca) is that he will come with “ten thousands of saints” (Deuteronomy 33:2 KJV). That was the number of faithful who accompanied Prophet Muhammad to Paran (Mecca) in his victorious, bloodless return to his birthplace, to destroy the remaining symbols of idolatry in the Ka’bah.

Says God as quated by Moses :

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him. (Deuteronomy 18:19).

Dear Readers:

May the light of truth shine in your heart and mind. May it lead you to peace and certitude in this life and eternal bliss in hereafter.

AMEEN .

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Foretelling of the Prophet(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the Bible

Praise be to Allaah.

This is one of two cases: either this man is ignorant and what he says is of no significance, or what he says is a fabrication and a lie. We Muslims know well the aayah (Qur’aanic verse) in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write (i.e. Muhammad) whom they find written with them in the Tawraat (Torah) (Deut, xviii 15) and the Injeel (Gospel) (John, xiv 16), — he commands them for Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained); and forbids them from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); he allows them as lawful At‑Tayyibaat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al‑Khabaa’ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allaah’s Covenant with the children of israel), and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad), honour him, help him, and follow the light (the Qur’aan) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful

[al-A’raaf 7:157]

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his commentary (tafseer) on this verse:

“ ‘Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write whom they find written with them in the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)’ – this is a description of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the books of the Prophets who gave their nations the glad tidings of his coming and commanded them to follow him. This description is still there in their books and their scholars and rabbis know it. Imaam Ahmad narrated: Ismaa’eel told us from al-Jareeri from Abu Sakhr al-‘Aqeeli, a man from among the Bedouin told me, I brought a milch-camel to Madeenah during the lifetime of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). When I had sold her, I said, “Let me meet this man [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] and listen to him.” I met him walking between Abu Bakr and ‘Umar, and I followed them until they came to a Jewish man who was reading from a scroll of the Torah, consoling himself for the plight of his son who lay dying, a boy who was very handsome and good looking. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘I ask you by the One Who revealed this Torah, do you find any mention in this book of yours of my attributes and my coming?’ The man gestured with his head to indicate ‘No’. But his son said, ‘Yes indeed, by the One who revealed the Torah, we do find mention of your attributes and your coming in our book, and I bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and that you are the Messenger of Allaah.’ [The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] said, ‘Keep this Jew away from your brother.’ Then he took care of shrouding him and praying [the funeral prayer] over him.” This is a qawiy jayyid hadeeth.

It was narrated that ‘Ataa’ ibn Yassaar said: “I met ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr and said, ‘Tell me about the attributes of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) described in the Torah.’ He said, ‘Yes, by Allaah he is described in the Torah as he is described in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily, We have sent you (O Muhammad) as a witness, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner” [al-Fath 48:8] – and as a saviour to the unlettered; you are My slave and My messenger; your name is al-Mutawakkil; you are not harsh and aggressive; Allaah will not take him (in death) until He has straightened a crooked nation through him so that they will say that there is no god except Allaah, and has opened hard hearts, deaf ears and blind eyes.’” ‘Ataa’ said: “Then I met Ka’b (who was one of the People of the Book who had become Muslim) and I asked him about that, and he told me exactly the same, not even one letter was different…”

Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh that ‘Ataa’ ibn Yassaar said: “ I met ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him) and said, ‘Tell me about the description of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the Torah. He said, ‘‘Yes, by Allaah, he is described in the Torah in some of the same terms as he is described in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily, We have sent you (O Muhammad) as a witness, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner” [al-Fath 48:8] – and as a saviour to the unlettered; you are My slave and My messenger; your name is al-Mutawakkil; he is not harsh and aggressive, and he does not make a noise in the market-place; he does not repay evil with evil, rather he overlooks and forgives; Allaah will not take him (in death) until He has straightened a crooked nation through him so that they will say that there is no god except Allaah, and has opened hard hearts, deaf ears and blind eyes.’”

(al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 2125)

Allaah did not send any Prophet without taking from him the covenant and promise that if the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) were to appear during his lifetime, he would follow Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Allaah says in Soorat Aal ‘Imraan (which no Christian reads with an open mind but he will become Muslim) (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when Allaah took the Covenant of the Prophets, saying: ‘Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Hikmah (understanding of the Laws of Allaah), and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger (Muhammad) confirming what is with you; you must, then, believe in him and help him.’ Allaah said: ‘Do you agree (to it) and will you take up My Covenant (which I conclude with you)?’ They said: ‘We agree.’ He said: ‘Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses (for this).’”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:81]

Al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his commentary (tafseer) on this verse:

It is said that Allaah took the covenant from the Prophets that they would confirm one another, and He commanded them to believe in one another. This is the meaning of believing and helping (‘you must, then, believe in him and help him’)… Taawoos said: Allaah took the covenant from the first Prophets that they would believe in the Message of the later Prophets…

The Messenger here is Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), according to the view of ‘Ali and Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them).

Allaah took the covenant from all the Prophets that they would believe in Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) if they met him, and He commanded them to take the same covenant from their nations.

If you want to know more about the references to the coming of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the Bible (even after it has been altered!) we refer you to the books “Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the Bible” and “What the Bible says about Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)” by Ahmad Deedat.

We ask Allaah to guide you.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Is the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) mentioned in the Bible?

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says in His Book (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: ‘O Children of israel! I am the Messenger of Allaah unto you, confirming the Tawraat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad.’ But when he (Ahmad, i.e. Muhammad) came to them with clear proofs, they said: ‘This is plain magic’”

[al-Saff 61:6]

“Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write (i.e. Muhammad) whom they find written with them in the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)— he commands them for Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained); and forbids them from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); he allows them as lawful At-Tayyibaat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khabaa’ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allaah’s Covenant with the children of israel), and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad), honour him, help him, and follow the light (the Qur’aan) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful”

[al-A’raaf 7:157]

These two verses indicate that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is mentioned in the Torah and the Gospel (the Bible), no matter how much the Jews and Christians claim that he is not, for the word of Allaah is the best and most truthful of words.

Some of the things mentioned in the previous Books are as follows:

1 – In the Torah, in the Book of Deuteronomy 18:18-19 it says:

“I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.

If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.”

(New International Version)

This text is still extant among them. With regard to the phrase “from among their brothers” – if that prophet were to be from among the Children of israel, it would have said, “I will raise up for them a prophet from among them.” But it says “from among their brothers” – i.e., from among the sons of Ismaa’eel (Ishamel).

Secondly, it says in the Gospel of John 16:6-8, 12-13:

“It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor [Paraclete] will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin…

I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.”

(New International Version)

This cannot apply to anyone except the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Secondly: Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: It says in the Torah, in the fifth book [Deuteronomy 33:2]:

“The LORD came from Sinai and dawned over them from Seir; he shone forth from Mount Paran. He came with myriads of holy ones from the south, from his mountain slopes [or: from his right hand went a fiery law for them].”

(New International Version; alternative version of last phrase – the meaning of which is unclear in the original Hebrew texts – is from the King James Version)

This refers to the three Prophethoods: the Prophethood of Moosa (Moses), the Prophethood of ‘Eesa (Jesus) and the Prophethood of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). “Coming from Sinai” refers to the mountain where Allaah spoke to Moosa and called him and told him he was a Prophet. “Dawning over them from Seir” refers to the appearance of the Messiah from Bayt al-Maqdis (Jerusalem). Seir is a village that is still known there to this day. So this was a foretelling of the Prophethood of the Messiah.

“Paran” refers to Makkah. Allaah likens the Prophethood of Moosa to the coming of the dawn, and the Prophethood of the Messiah after him to the rising of the sun, and the Prophethood of the Seal of the Prophets to the sun rising high in the sky and its light reaching all over the earth. And it came to pass exactly as foretold, for Allaah dispelled the night of kufr with the Prophethood of Moosa, and the light increased with the Prophethood of the Messiah, and was completed and reached everywhere on earth with the Prophethood of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). These three Prophets who were mentioned in this foretelling were also mentioned in the beginning of Soorat al-Teen (interpretation of the meaning):

“By the fig, and the olive.

2. By Mount Sinai.

3. By this city of security (Makkah)”

[al-Teen 95:1-3]

End quote. See Hidaayat al-Hayaara, p. 110; and Ibn al-Qayyim’s comments on the Old Testament, Deuteronomy 33:1.

Fourthly: Shaykh ‘Abd al-Majeed al-Zandaani said in his book al-Bishaaraat bi Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fi’l-Kutub al-Samawiyyah al-Saabiqah that in the 22nd chapter of the Gospel of Barnabas it says:

“And this will continue until there comes Muhammad the Messenger of God who, when he comes, will expose this deceit to those who believe in the laws of God.”

And it says in the Book of Isaiah:

“I have made your name Muhammad O Muhammad, O beloved of the Lord, your name will abide forever.”

And it says in the Book of Isaiah:

“What I have given to him I will not give to anyone else: Ahmad, because he praises God and this praise comes from the best part of the earth, and this will bring joy to mankind and they will recite the word of divine unity on every hill and glorify God in every high place.”

Many scholars have mentioned the places in the Bible where the name of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is mentioned. Sometimes his name is mentioned clearly, and sometimes he is described in ways that can only apply to him (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

You should note that the books of the Bible as they exist today have been altered and changed. This fact has been stated by non-Muslim historians, but despite all that we still find in the Bible the foretelling of the coming of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Shaykh Rahmat-Allaah al-Hindi stated that every time the Christians were able to change something they did so, hence you will find that some of the ancient scholars quote passages from the Bible that no longer exist. But there are still other passages that foretell the Prophethood of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his coming.

It should be noted that we have to arm ourselves with adequate sound knowledge in order to debate with the Christians, because even if they have no proof, they will still try to sow the seeds of doubt in people’s hearts so that they will give in to these wrong ideas and so that the truth will be concealed. “But Allaah will bring His Light to perfection even though the disbelievers hate (it)” [al-Saff 61:8 – interpretation of the meaning].

Some of the most useful books on this topic are: Izhaar al-Haqq by Shaykh Rahmat-Allaah al-Hindi; Kitaab Hidaayat al-Hayaara by Ibn Al-Qayyim; and al-Jawaab al-Saheeh by Ibn Taymiyyah. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

No you didnot fully understand the shahada, if you did you wouldnt have done what you did. Islam is an intelligent choice not one that is based off of feelings if you take your shahada you should have a level of intelligence into what you are saying and what you are entering. Islam doesnt condem good christians or jews or any good people in fact Islam is happy with you just being a GOOD christian. And if you truely follow Jesus then you would also follow Jesus in his rational thinking as well. The Quran is a continuation and a confirmation of the old and newtestements, howver you must study.

If you have skype you can pm me and i would be willing to converse with you on anything to the best of my knowledge and whatever i dont know im sure that there is someone who would be willing to help you even if you decide not to pm me.

You never converted to Islam in the first place, im telling you that you had no understanding of what you was saing or doing you was motivated by emotion only and thats it. Knowledge is the paramount requirement for taking your shahada.

Secondly Jesus was a Muslim, if you understand the word muslim and se that its only an arabic word for one who submits to the will of God then you would understand that Jesus by arabic definition was a muslim. Thirdly Jesus never ever ever called himself a christian Jesus followed the will of God and submitted to the will of God and by defiition that makes him a muslim. Christian is submitting to Jesus and praying to Jesus as God. Something that Jesus never taught you to do.

If you truely read the bible and if Jesus was God then there would be an explicit saying from Jesus that I AM GOD, but never do you see that. God throughout the whole Bible has no problem telling people he is God and telling His messengers to let people know that He sanctioned them to preach about Him.

But when we get to Jesus all of a sudden there is no clarity, there is no definite saying to establish him (Jesus)as God.

No Jesus was a muslim by definition and a messenger of God, and we even have in the Bible where someone refered to Jesus as a Prophet, and the Quran agrees with this.