• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 chelsea89

chelsea89

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

I went to a Masjid today and said my Shahada after Shala. It was beautiful and a the women surrounded me afterwards hugging me, congradulating me, giving me their numbers in case I needed something and one lady even gave me $50 and offered to watch my children so I could attend classes for new Muslims. Im happy and feel at peace now and the woman who helped me is also an Amercan revert.

#2 mrhyder

mrhyder

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

Masahallah Sister; welcome to Islam. Allah swt has guided you to Islam; may he keep you strong in your faith ameen.! Please remember us in your supplication to Allah.

#3 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

alsalamo alykom, sister
welcome to the truth way, welcome to your god and creator religion, Islam
may Allah complete his favor up on you and all of our beloved ones,

sister, Now all of your sins has been wiped out, forgiven. You are a sin-free woman by Allah's favor. Plz, try to keep your self like that.
And If you felt sorrow and repent, to the god, about your old sins, by the favor of Allah all of your old sins will be converted to good deeds, can you imagine that!!

plz,
Make Doa'a, right now, for all your beloved ones, all of your Moslem sisters and brothers , and all the good people on that earth.

may Allah supports and strenthen you, Amen

Edited by AHMAD_73, 19 November 2011 - 08:35 PM.

#4 aj4u

aj4u

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

I went to a Masjid today and said my Shahada after Shala. It was beautiful and a the women surrounded me afterwards hugging me, congradulating me, giving me their numbers in case I needed something and one lady even gave me $50 and offered to watch my children so I could attend classes for new Muslims. Im happy and feel at peace now and the woman who helped me is also an Amercan revert.

What were you before you converted to Islam?

#5 chelsea89

chelsea89

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

I guess Jewish

#6 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

As-salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu/The peace, mercy and blessings of God be upon you

Congratulations! May God bless you!

#7 aj4u

aj4u

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Religion: Christianity

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

I guess Jewish

lol, You guess? You don't know?

#8 chelsea89

chelsea89

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

lol, You guess? You don't know?

I I was inbetween religions and was never a practicing Jew. I also held a belief in Jesus and attended a Messianic Synagogue.

#9 Mercyonmankind

Mercyonmankind

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

Praise be to Allah for guiding you to the light.
Sister if you need any help here , please let us know. If it is within our limit we will definitely help you.

#10 RAHIMI

RAHIMI

• PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:23 AM

:sl: i echo what the brother said above..May Allah make the rest of the journey easy for you..
:sl:

#11 Nile_Salafy

Nile_Salafy

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

Allahu akbar !! excellent news .. the muslim family is growing :sl: remember me in your prayer please :sl:

#12 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

As Salaam Alaykum sister,
well done on making the best decision of your life, I am also a revert so if you ever have problems let me know because I may have gone through the same problem and I would hope I can help you. May Allah guide you.

#13 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,209 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

Assalamo alaikum

Masha'Allah, Allahu Akbar.. Congratulations dear sister. You have just made the best decision anyone can make in a lifetime.

As a new Muslim, I suggest you browse this introductory topic:
(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showtopic/257749.html"]Quick How-to Guide For New Muslims[/url]

We are all here for you. If you need answers to any questions, we'll be glad to help you.

May Allah subhanahu wataala always keep you strong and guide you to the true path, amen.

#14 jeneen

jeneen

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

Allahu akbar, may Alllah bless you sister.
Welcome to the forum.
I wish you all the best ( for the straightest path).

#15 chelsea89

chelsea89

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

As Salaam Alaykum sister,
well done on making the best decision of your life, I am also a revert so if you ever have problems let me know because I may have gone through the same problem and I would hope I can help you. May Allah guide you.

How long did It take you to learn the prayers? They're a bit complicated and although I'm relieved from them for about a week I want to take that time to learn them. I've got ablutions, wudu at least, pretty much down and have yet to try the gushl. I used a video yesterday to help me along the only problem is I can't face Mecca while watching the video and reading the prayer nor look at the point of prostration. I know Allah is looking at my intention right now but I really am trying to get this down by next week.

#16 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

How long did It take you to learn the prayers? They're a bit complicated and although I'm relieved from them for about a week I want to take that time to learn them. I've got ablutions, wudu at least, pretty much down and have yet to try the gushl. I used a video yesterday to help me along the only problem is I can't face Mecca while watching the video and reading the prayer nor look at the point of prostration. I know Allah is looking at my intention right now but I really am trying to get this down by next week.

As-salamu alaikum

The important thing in the beggining is not to get stressed. Stress is Satan's game and he hates to see believers happy and is glad when they are sad.

#17 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Well it took me a long time because I didn't know arabic but the most important thing is consistency - just keep practicing. The video thing you are doing is what I did and I found it really helpful to know what to do and listen to the arabic. Another thing I used to do was I typed out a sheet with the words I had to say and what movements I had to do and I would place it in front of me while praying so that may be useful for you. And all the stress of learning it is worth the day when you can do it without looking at anything - it's such a relief! And also you are lucky having the women at the masjid to help you - they will certainly be able to tell you how to do it if you are having difficulties. Some of them may also be arabic speakers who can help you with the arabic words.

As Brother Younes said don't get stressed, it's not always easy but try. I used to get so stressed at the different types of prayer and it took me a long time to understand what the word rakat meant. This is a good guide to salaah: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=2596"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=attac...ost&id=2596[/url]

#18 chelsea89

chelsea89

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Is ablutions required before Dua?

#19 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Is ablutions required before Dua?

recommended, sister

#20 Amna4

Amna4

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:18 AM

Mabrook :sl:
I'm so happy for you! I'm a revert as well. If you need anything, please ask!