Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chelsea89

Keep Missing Morning Prayer

I keep missing the early morning prayer because I get off of work at 3 am and sometimes sleep at 4 am as a result. Then I set an alarm for 6 to pray. Sometimes I hear it sometimes I don't but I always end up falling asleep again or just not waking up and getting up at 7 or 8 and making up the prayer at the next prayer time. Anyone have any suggestions here? I'm just really too physically exhausted to pull m yself up at that hour and if I just stay up I lose the only 2 or 3 hours of sleep I get before my kids wake up.

PropellerAds

Salam alikum

I saw that in your city sunrise is about 7.27 .. can you wake right before it ?

Salam alikum

I saw that in your city sunrise is about 7.27 .. can you wake right before it ?

Well the calendar for salat says it's 630.

I got it from here .. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamicfinder(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/prayerDetail.php?country=usa&zipcode=43229"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamicfinder(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/prayerDetail....p;zipcode=43229[/url]

So I don't know .. maybe you can call your local masjed ?

As-salamu alaikum

Chelsea, the dawn prayer (Fajr) is from dawn until sunrise. It doesn't have to be prayed excactly when it begins. It must be prayed before sunrise. For example, brother Nile_Salafy put up a link with prayer times:

6:09 is when the dawn prayer (Fajr) begins and 7:27 is when the time for dawn prayer runs out. This applies to all the prayer times as well. They must be prayed before the next prayer begins. The only exception is this dawn prayer (Fajr) which must be prayed before sunrise, you can't wait until Dhuhr. What this means is that you have a longer time frame to perform Salah. You could set your alarm at 7 or 7:10, for example.

I hope this helps. If there is anything that is unclear, just ask.

I keep missing the early morning prayer because I get off of work at 3 am and sometimes sleep at 4 am as a result. Then I set an alarm for 6 to pray. Sometimes I hear it sometimes I don't but I always end up falling asleep again or just not waking up and getting up at 7 or 8 and making up the prayer at the next prayer time. Anyone have any suggestions here? I'm just really too physically exhausted to pull m yself up at that hour and if I just stay up I lose the only 2 or 3 hours of sleep I get before my kids wake up.

Its a shame that life has us working like that, i know hopw it is to get home late and want to make salat but fall asleep and dont even hear the alarm lol.

Allah knows your heart and your intentions when you get up make your salat up if you missed it and pray and ask Allah to help to make it easier on you where as you can get up to pray, trust and believe that He will provide you with a way, whether it be you getting up on time or you getting better work hours or a better job. Cause getting up praying tired and sleepy makes no sense you have to be fully awake when you pray and not droopy and sleepy.

Exactly as said below.

As-salamu alaikum

Chelsea, the dawn prayer (Fajr) is from dawn until sunrise. It doesn't have to be prayed excactly when it begins. It must be prayed before sunrise. For example, brother Nile_Salafy put up a link with prayer times:

6:09 is when the dawn prayer (Fajr) begins and 7:27 is when the time for dawn prayer runs out. This applies to all the prayer times as well. They must be prayed before the next prayer begins. The only exception is this dawn prayer (Fajr) which must be prayed before sunrise, you can't wait until Dhuhr. What this means is that you have a longer time frame to perform Salah. You could set your alarm at 7 or 7:10, for example.

I hope this helps. If there is anything that is unclear, just ask.

Definitely try and get some sleep before, and you can always go right back to sleep after! Don't fret too much for now, you're still newer than me! I still have trouble waking up for Fajr. It is getting easier though!

Perhaps you should have a different perspective of prayer and approach it in such a way that you can attend it.

Prayer is supposed to be a portrayal of your self discipline, human conduct and self treatment. Only can you conduct your lifestyle in an efficient and prayer-specific way can you perform it.

In practical speaking, the event of a prayer is no more physical than, say, getting up for work in the morning. You need to be fit and energised to be able to do this, so work on your diet and physicall fitness. It is possible and if you're adamant about prayer then it should be a realistic consequence of this situation.