Islamic Forum
Muslimah7

Double Standards... :d

edit by admin:

Image removed (indecent clothing not allowed, according to forum rules)

Here is what was printed over the double image:

Mr. Hugh Hefner, owner of Playboy magazine, age 84, with his 1 outta 26 mistress who lives with another mistress in his mansion ... and people say:

HE EMPOWERS AND UPLIFTS WOMEN

A Muslim who marries a girl ... gives mahar (dowry) and her rights ... yet people say:

MUSLIMS DEGRADE WOMEN

PropellerAds

I've never thought Refiner uplifted women in the least! Reminds me of a funny song b uh Bob and tom though lol

Who ever said that about Hefner?

how old was the muslims bride?

Doesn't that change with the social perception of what constitutes an adult? There has been a recent trend towards pushing the age of adulthood further and further back, but I don't think there is inherently anything morally superior about it. Of course, there are typically limits that are held in common, such that prepubescent girls are usually not considered eligible for marriage, but it becomes much more subjective after this.

Hugh Hefner does anything but empower and uplift IMHO. The man is a discrace to society and what he propigates. I might be in the minority on this though.

Well, you're in the majority here at least, lol.

The OP is a non sequiter. It is dubious if anyone claims Hugh Hefner uplifts women, especially based on the amount of mistresses, likewise people who criticize "MUSLIMS DEGRADE WOMEN" likely don't think that a dowery uplifts a woman.

Edited by xocoti