Islamic Forum
BurningLight

The Divinity Of Yeshua

The Lord Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14)

Finally, through the virgin birth came a child who was Immanuel. This was no ordinary name for this was no ordinary child. Immanuel means God with us. God Himself was to come through this virgin birth.

This prophecy is fulfilled in the conception and birth of Jesus the Messiah. Before Mary and Joseph had any sexual relations, Mary was pregnant through the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 1:18-25) Her conception was by the Holy Spirit, not by sexual intercourse, as some Muslims claim the scripture says.

The angel Gabriel came to Mary and told her that her virgin-born child would be called the Son of the Most High, the Lord God, and that He will reign over the house of Jacob (israel) forever. (Luke 1:26-2:52) When Mary asked how this could be, Gabriel explained that the power of the highest, the Holy Spirit, would overshadow her and therefore, the Holy One in her would be called the Son of God.

PropellerAds
The Lord Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14)

Finally, through the virgin birth came a child who was Immanuel. This was no ordinary name for this was no ordinary child. Immanuel means God with us. God Himself was to come through this virgin birth.

What if the sign is something that is rather straight forward and simple, like The Lord can create a human even without the father? Have you consider that?

Salam.

Jesus Was never call immanuel. his name was Jesus.

:sl:

His name was Easa Ibn Mariam, pbuh, I don't think Easa pbuh ever heard nor been addressed as 'Jesus' in his lifetime..

:sl:

His name was Easa Ibn Mariam, pbuh, I don't think Easa pbuh ever heard nor been addressed as 'Jesus' in his lifetime..

No, but he was never referred to as son of Mary either, unless it was to disparage his ministry. Which was a form of dishonor unless mentioned today in the form of worship. No prophet was ever referred to has son of their mother unless it was to disrespect them during their time and to date. Edited by BurningLight

Salam.

Jesus Was never call immanuel. his name was Jesus.

What do you mean? He was in the Bible called Immanuel in the Bible (Is 7:14). It means God with us! Let explain further below from a professional source

Edited by BurningLight

No, but he was never referred to as son of Mary unless it was to disparage his ministry

According to you and the Christians and those Jews who call him a ######, but what about those believers who who actually believed and accept what Mary brought to them one fine afternoon?

What if the sign is something that is rather straight forward and simple, like The Lord can create a human even without the father? Have you consider that?
But what would that be a sign for?

Salam.

Bring me one person who called Jesus Imanuel from the bible. Or any historical documents that supports your claim. Jesus was called Jesus. His Mother named him Yesua not imanuel?

I would like for Muslims to have a very clear message of what we believe. I think we are beiginning to at least understand one another's religion better. Which is important IMO. If for nothing else, it makes us responsible clearly for our informed decisions. From what we have read we find that Jesus Christ is unique, as only He was born of a virgin. The Qur'an does not explain this, telling us instead to go to the Scriptures that came before. When we refer to the Bible we find that:

The virgin birth demonstrates that Jesus is both human and divine.

Due to the virgin birth Jesus Christ was exempted from the curse of Adam with which we have all been imputed. Because He was perfect, He could take upon Himself our sins completely. We now have the assurance of our salvation, something which Muslims can never claim. I know you don't believe this, but it is what the Bible states unequivocally.

It was Jesus who fulfilled the prophecy given to Eve, that one of her offspring would come and destroy the power of Satan, death, and evil. We are free to live in relationship with God both now and forever more.

And finally, it was a sign that God was with us (Immanuel). Jesus, the only person in history born in such a way, truly was God with us. The fulfillment of that prophecy informs us that this child was also the Son of God and the Holy One. We need to be aware of these prophecies and their fulfillment. Since God has already come among us, there is now no need for a further prophet, or a further revelation. All has been fulfilled in this unique person.

To understand this truth, we need to know why God came to be with us. The Qur'an does not speak of the curse of Adam and says little concerning the consequences and remedy of sin. It also says nothing concerning the significance of the virgin birth. The Bible, however, has these answers. (Sura 10:49)

This is the purpose of Christmas, not only to remind us of the true story which took place nearly 2,000 years ago, but to remember the uniqueness of Jesus birth, without which we would continue to be lost in sin for eternity. How can we continue to claim that Jesus was only human or a mere prophet when we see that He was all the four above? Truly this was a unique birth, and truly it is this birth which gives the significance of Christmas. I know Jesus was not born of Dec 25th but we at least know he was born

Edited by BurningLight

But what would that be a sign for?

As I said before, that God can bring a human into existence even without the need for a father. That is also a sign. Have you also consider that the fact Jesus pbuh was brought into existence this way as a test for the Jews at the time? The Family of Imran and Mary were known among the Jews for their piousness and how would the Jews respond when the pious Mary brought a new born baby to them in broad daylight..

The virgin birth demonstrates that Jesus is both human and divine.

This is not possible since a human can never be Allah..As you had admitted before, this (human part god) is not something that you can explain so that it would make sense but rather something that is assigned to 'faith', so all that you are doing is speculating on the so called proof from the scripture that you think supported you contention and ignoring parts of your own scripture that deny the same contention..

As I said before, that God can bring a human into existence even without the need for a father. That is also a sign. Have you also consider that the fact Jesus pbuh was brought into existence this way as a test for the Jews at the time? The Family of Imran and Mary were known among the Jews for their piousness and how would the Jews respond when the pious Mary brought a new born baby to them in broad daylight..

This is not possible since a human can never be Allah..As you had admitted before, this (human part god) is not something that you can explain so that it would make sense but rather something that is assigned to 'faith', so all that you are doing is speculating on the so called proof from the scripture that you think supported you contention and ignoring parts of your own scripture that deny the same contention..

Of course He can; He did it in the case of Jesus. All Christians will agree and not deny this. What are you saying it is a sign of? If you mean that God can bring forth life from a virigin, we all ready knew he made life from clay, so why would he need to show such a sign? It would be like a professional race car driver getting in a go cart just to prove he can drive it. How would they feel youa ask? Maybe they would feel like she committed adultery Edited by BurningLight

Of course He can; He did it in the case of Jesus. All Christians will agree and not deny this. What are you saying it is a sign of? If you mean that God can bring forth life from a virigin, we all ready knew he made life from clay, so why would he need to show such a sign?

From a Muslim's perspective, that is yet another sign of Allah's limitless power and capabilities as we are shown signs, in every passing moment, such as from the birds that are flying in the sky to the rain drop that falls, as a reminder of Allah and His mercy and to our benefit and not for Allah to show off.

How would they feel youa ask? Maybe they would feel like she committed adultery

Hence they failed the test since they know full well that Mary was a chaste and pious woman yet they resorted to distort the scripture and slander her..

What do you mean? He was in the Bible called Immanuel in the Bible (Is 7:14). It means God with us! Let explain further below from a professional source

Jesus Pbuh Never was named in the new testement as Imanuel , No one called him so, Nor His mother Called by that Name thus your prophecy is false.

Brother Rahimi I do know That Jesus peace be upon him didnt hear the word Jesus. But I m just adressing an english speaker.

Jesus Pbuh Never was named in the new testement as Imanuel , No one called him so, Nor His mother Called by that Name thus your prophecy is false.

Brother Rahimi I do know That Jesus peace be upon him didnt hear the word Jesus. But I m just adressing an english speaker.

It is not my prophecy. If Is 7 isn't referring to Jesus, then who is it referring to?

Of course He can; He did it in the case of Jesus. All Christians will agree and not deny this. What are you saying it is a sign of? If you mean that God can bring forth life from a virigin, we all ready knew he made life from clay, so why would he need to show such a sign? It would be like a professional race car driver getting in a go cart just to prove he can drive it. How would they feel youa ask? Maybe they would feel like she committed adultery
Of course it must have been a test, but God didn't do it for just that reason as you imply. The Bible takes all the guess work out ot it. Just refer to the Scriptures that came before as mentioned in the Quran Edited by BurningLight

Christians take Jewish prophecies sooo out of context. You take something like " made in Our image..." in Genesis and completely ignore the Shema "Shema israel Adonai Elohainu, Adonai Echad." or " hear O israel The Lord is God your Lord God is One" very similar to the Shahada " la ilaha Ilallah." there is no diety but Allah swt. Christianity says " we believe in God the father, god the son and god the holy spirit." now which sounds changed and which sounds consistent? Jesus pbuh didn't come to claim to be God, in fact in the new testament he's never called Immanuel, he never accepts direct worship "Why do you call me good? None is good but God." sound familiar? Christianity adopted many Pagan rituals within the first 400 years of it's existence and now consists of over 100 different sects ( considerably more). It's very confusing and much is based off of faith when in the first verse of Proverbs it states that the beginning of knowledge is a fear of God and goes on to say one should seek knowledge. Before the New Testament knowledge wasn't seem as something to be avoided in place of blind faith ( as far as Judaism is concerned) people had many different interpretations and no one was held above another. Kabbalah, the Talmud, and various other authoritative and often contradictory texts were taken as truth. Jesus came to correct these contradictions.

Christians take Jewish prophecies sooo out of context. You take something like " made in Our image..." in Genesis and completely ignore the Shema "Shema israel Adonai Elohainu, Adonai Echad." or " hear O israel The Lord is God your Lord God is One" very similar to the Shahada " la ilaha Ilallah." there is no diety but Allah swt. Christianity says " we believe in God the father, god the son and god the holy spirit." now which sounds changed and which sounds consistent? Jesus pbuh didn't come to claim to be God, in fact in the new testament he's never called Immanuel, he never accepts direct worship "Why do you call me good? None is good but God." sound familiar? Christianity adopted many Pagan rituals within the first 400 years of it's existence and now consists of over 100 different sects ( considerably more). It's very confusing and much is based off of faith when in the first verse of Proverbs it states that the beginning of knowledge is a fear of God and goes on to say one should seek knowledge. Before the New Testament knowledge wasn't seem as something to be avoided in place of blind faith ( as far as Judaism is concerned) people had many different interpretations and no one was held above another. Kabbalah, the Talmud, and various other authoritative and often contradictory texts were taken as truth. Jesus came to correct these contradictions.
Careful of what you say. The Bible never said God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Catholics may say that, but early Christians never said that and it is not written like that in the Bible. The Bible says God is one yet you reject most of the Scriptures. That is between you and God, but the main problem is not the concept of God's essence for I believe God is one. The thing is that you don't believe God sent Jesus to die for our sin so you will be responsible to God for negelecting so great a salvation. I would never want to be caught dead in those shoes. No pun intended Edited by BurningLight

Salam

Burning Light.

It is paul's Claim That Jesus came to die for our sin.

Jesus of the bible answered when He was asked about his creed from the chief. He answered That He Proclaimed in public his creed and in secrecy he didn't say anythink. Now I have an isue Here If jesus came to die for the sin of mankind everyone would have known it. Now Give one verse that Jesus Talked about the Idea or even he mentioned Adam once.

By the way The orthodox also say God the Son God the holy spirit. Orthodox and Catholic represend uo to 80% of christianity. In the bible We Find the the "Godfather" yet we can't find God the Son God The Holy spirit.

Peace

Matthew 26:27,28

"And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

Luke 24:46,47

"and said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem."

John 1:29

"The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

Shedding his blood, rising from the dead, and being a sacrificial lamb; the Gospels indicate that Jesus death was for the forgiveness of sins and not something unique to Paul or Pauline texts.

By the way The orthodox also say God the Son God the holy spirit. Orthodox and Catholic represend uo to 80% of christianity. In the bible We Find the the "Godfather" yet we can't find God the Son God The Holy spirit.

Matthew 28:19

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

Seems pretty clear to me.

Matthew 26:27,28

"And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

Luke 24:46,47

"and said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem."

John 1:29

"The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

Shedding his blood, rising from the dead, and being a sacrificial lamb; the Gospels indicate that Jesus death was for the forgiveness of sins and not something unique to Paul or Pauline texts.

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

Seems pretty clear to me.

You are right about Jesus. He knew he was to die for our sin.

Yes, it is pretty clear that God who is ONE consists of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but it doesn't say God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Ghost; so, if the Bible doesn't say it that way I don't accept it that way. That way makes it sound like their are three Gods. The Lord our God is one and only one and he has no partners!

Edited by BurningLight

How can this verse be used; when the biblical commentaries say that was a later addition?

Salam

Burning Light.

Jesus of the bible answered when He was asked about his creed from the chief. He answered That He Proclaimed in public his creed and in secrecy he didn't say anythink. Now I have an isue Here If jesus came to die for the sin of mankind everyone would have known it. Now Give one verse that Jesus Talked about the Idea or even he mentioned Adam once.

Peace

I don't care if 99.9% said that. Let every man be a liar but God's word is true. God who is ONE consists of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but it doesn't say God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Ghost; so, if the Bible doesn't say it that way, I don't accept it. That way makes it sound like their are three Gods. The Lord our God is one and only one, and he has no partners! What do you know about the flying cranes whose intercession is hoped for?

I believe they represent the 3 in Quran 53: 19-21, if I am not mistaken. Who are those 3?

Edited by BurningLight

You are right about Jesus. He knew he was to die for our sin.

If he knew then why did he say; God, why have you forsaken me?

Yes, it is pretty clear that God who is ONE consists of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but it doesn't say God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Ghost; so, if the Bible doesn't say it that way I don't accept it that way. That way makes it sound like their are three Gods. The Lord our God is one and only one and he has no partners!

If God, consists of the Son; how much percentage of God is the human son, is it 100% human or 33.33333% human. Do Christians believe God is part human?

How can this verse be used; when the biblical commentaries say that was a later addition?
God who is ONE consists of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but it doesn't say God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Ghost; so, if the Bible doesn't say it that way, I don't accept it. That way makes it sound like their are three Gods. The Lord our God is one and only one, and he has no partners! What do you know about the flying cranes whose intercession is hoped for?

I believe they represent the 3 in Quran 53: 19-21, if I am not mistaken. Who are those 3?

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." (Emphasis added)

Look more closely at the italicized portions of the above text, "another Comforter...the Spirit of truth...he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you...I will come to you." It should be clear from the above text that Jesus was identifying Himself with the Holy Spirit. The baptism of the Holy Spirit would be "the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead," or as Paul also wrote, "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Romans 8:10-11, Colossians 1:27).

The fact that the Spirit would come "in the name of Jesus" means that while Jesus would be absent physically, He would be present spiritually. The Holy Spirit would come "in His place" and "on His behalf." That is why He first had to depart. He would ascend, so the Holy Spirit could descend. And just as Jesus represented His Father, the Holy Spirit would represent Jesus. As with the name of the Father, the "name" implies authority and representation.

Edited by BurningLight