Islamic Forum
BurningLight

The Divinity Of Yeshua

PropellerAds

Here is the link from the web adress shared.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_oce.catholic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/oce/browse-page-scans.php?p=a2e2bea0337ae4ad5e43015abceff02f&o=g"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_oce.catholic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/oce/browse-page-sc...ceff02f&o=g[/url]

¨The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263:

"The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century."¨

If you go to that page 263:

NOWHERE is to be found such QUOTATIONS.....Oh My God!!!!!

Maybe they have a limited collectors edition? :sl:

So please, don't get carried away by first looks, investigate. Unfortunatelly sometimes we will not be able to verify the information since the books wont be available. But you can always search google :sl:

Interesting link mrhyder. I also find that interesting in that it came from a penticostal. It gives alot to chew on.

Why is it interesting that it came from a Penticostal website? are they anti-trinitarian?

I used that website along with others, but I found this one to have many quotes on this issue and so I used. Thank you for checking it and bringing it to my attention. I will have to be careful in the future. I had put up the source for this exact reason; so that it wont seem I am trying to hide anything. :sl:

So please, don't get carried away by first looks, investigate. Unfortunatelly sometimes we will not be able to verify the information since the books wont be available. But you can always search google

It is sad that the site would misrepresent. I have googled more and found that they misrepresented Ratzingers quote as well. The site claimed Ratzinger said "The basic form of our (Matthew 28:19 Trinitarian) profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text (Matthew 28:19) came from the city of Rome"

But what Cardinal had actually said in his book was "It may be useful to preface the discussion with a few facts about the origin and structure of the Creed; these will at the same time throw some light on the legitimacy of the procedure. The basic form of our profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text comes from the city of Rome; but its internal origin lies in worship; more precisely, in the conferring of baptism. This again was fundamentally based on the words of the risen Christ recorded in Matthew 28:19: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

Here is the 2004 reprint of the (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_books.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/books?id=LJlkwvExekkC&printsec=frontcover&dq=introduction+to+Christianity+By+Joseph+Ratzger&source=gbs_book_other_versions_r&cad=0_1#v=onepage&q=introduction%20to%20Christianity%20By%20Joseph%20Ratzinger&f=false"]book online[/url] for anyone to view (see page 82-83).

Salaam

Edited by mrhyder

Why is it interesting that it came from a Penticostal website? I don't get it :sl: I used that website along with others, but I found it to have many quotes on this issue.

I was wondering about that as well. I would have thought it more interesting that it came from an avowed anti-Trinitarian group than the seemingly incidental fact that they also claim Pentecostal roots.

Well it needs a ¨deception checker¨ or ¨deceiving checker¨ too. :sl:

I don't think they are as concerned with accuracy as they are with making their argument sound as convincing as possible.

Well, i hope a third eye from users like me can bring forth the faked-truth some post. If they are not interested in searching for the Truth, then like an old saying:

If you don´t go to Rome,

Rome will come to you.

Well, i hope a third eye from users like me can bring forth the faked-truth some post. If they are not interested in searching for the Truth, then like an old saying:

If you don´t go to Rome,

Rome will come to you.

This is quite true, and why it is always good to listen to both sides of a debate since they will often fulfill this sort of policing of the truth role that you just demonstrated.

mrhyder

Why is it interesting that it came from a Penticostal website? are they anti-trinitarian?

I used that website along with others, but I found this one to have many quotes on this issue and so I used. Thank you for checking it and bringing it to my attention. I will have to be careful in the future. I had put up the source for this exact reason; so that it wont seem I am trying to hide anything.

They did not seem like they convied conventional penticostal theology. Main line penticostals are trinitarian. This guy seems very anti trinitarian. "None Trinitarian Christians" which to me seems like a oxi moron are a bit new for me in dealing with them. They are typicly quiet or very small populace.

They are typicly quiet or very small populace.

I agree that they are a minority, but I don't know about a quiet minority. I suspect that is more up to the individual than an attribute of the sect itself.

Hello, I've been reading this topic and I am a muslim revert. I was raised as a catholic. I have always been interested in Jesus but I do not believe he is considered "son of God" I don't understand the concept because Allah is much greater than having any offspring. I wanted to know more about what Wesley was talking about because I want to understand the idea of the crusifixion and Jesus' returning to Allah I have always been confused about this and I am in search of truth. Muslims also regard Jesus as the Messiah and from what I understand, he will come again before the end times. I really want to be saved from all of my sins. I have repented to Allah but I have been curious about this stuff that you guys have been discussing.

Hello, I've been reading this topic and I am a muslim revert. I was raised as a catholic. I have always been interested in Jesus but I do not believe he is considered "son of God" I don't understand the concept because Allah is much greater than having any offspring. I wanted to know more about what Wesley was talking about because I want to understand the idea of the crusifixion and Jesus' returning to Allah I have always been confused about this and I am in search of truth. Muslims also regard Jesus as the Messiah and from what I understand, he will come again before the end times. I really want to be saved from all of my sins. I have repented to Allah but I have been curious about this stuff that you guys have been discussing.

It is important to note that Wesley is not Muslim, but rather an adherent of Baha'i, so his statements are not representative of orthodox Islam. You can check the religious affiliation of the poster by looking at the information to the right of the posters icon image.

Thus mine looks like this:

Member No.: 31,713

Religion: Non-religion

I have repented to Allah but I have been curious about this stuff that you guys have been discussing.

Sorry, I didn't really answer your question. The discussion was a debate primarily between Christians, who believe Jesus was God (as a person of the Trinity) and Muslims, who deny this and assert that he was instead a Prophet and Messenger of God, but not God himself. Wesley, as a member of the Baha'i faith, seems to take a position that is probably closer to the Christian one that that of Islam, since it seems Baha'i believes there have been manifestations of God in various historical religious figures. You can read about some of this belief here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Manifestations_of_God#Religious_perennialism"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Manifestation...us_perennialism[/url]

Muslims also hold the belief that Jesus is the Messiah it is stated in the Qur'an and also believe in the virgin birth. I am trying to understand more in relation to the crusifixion/death/ressurection of Jesus because it is one of the fundamental differences between Islam and christianity. The bible states that Christ was ressurected but the qur'an is less clear on this issue as it doesn't talk much about this, it only says that "they slew him not" and that he was raised up to Allah. I was wondering of the possibility of interpreting this as being crusified and then raising him up and then up into heaven. Muslims similarly believe in the second coming of the Messiah. I just find it confusing why Jesus is reffered to as the Messiah in the Qur'an. I believe he is but I do not believe that God would be a man as God is far beyond anything that man can comprehend. Moses wasn't even able to see the Lord and Creator in the burning bush. With that said, and I do not think any Muslim would disagree is that the Messiah was a Spirit and Word of our creator and breathed into Mary to concieve through the virgin birth as Allah also states that he breathed his spirit into Adam the first man. Our spirit must return to our Lord after death and we are accountable for our deeds. Adam as well as the rest of humanities spirit has been corrupted by sin so Allah chose Mary, the most pious of all women to bear the Word and a pure Spirit from Him and bring forth the Messiah into this world. Jesus was uncorrupted, sinless and without blemish unlike the rest of man But NOT God himself. The Old Testament never speaks of the Messiah being God himself. He was sent by God to man as a Mercy from him but I am really having trouble with the difference between what happened to Jesus in Jerusalem at the time of crusifixion. He showed man the way to return to our Creator and preached repentance and the remission of sin. I believe that Allah is so pure that the sinnful man can never approach Him only by His Mercy can we be forgiven and saved. Allah is Merciful to those who repent. But here is where there lies a difference The Crusifixion/Ressurection. Would God make the Messiah carry the burden of our sins by being a sacrificial offering? Also, the Holy Spirit which was breathed into Mary at the time of Jesus being concieved in the womb was uncorrupted and pure because it did not come from man but from Allah the Most-High. Now Adam similarly had this spirit breathed into him when Allah created him out of clay but it has been since tainted by sin and we now as a result are prone to sin. This would mean that man has the holy spirit within him as our forefather Adam had but this spirit is not Our Creator it is what brings us close to Allah, causes us to seek refuge in Hi and repent. Similar to the idea that blaspheming the Holy Spirit might be completely ignoring the Holy spirit within us to turn to God and repent. I may be wrong in sme area's and I hope that God forgives me for speaking of some things without certainty. But to me Jesus cannot be God simply because God gave Mary a Word/ a Spirit from Him because he did the same thing for Adam but Adam erred and God forgave Adam when he repented to the Lord. Now I'm not sure but it could be possible with evidence from scripture's that God's perfect Word, the Messiah Isa was crusified for the sake of giving us a way to Allah.I find it troubling not to believe this because of so many proofs in the old testament and David's psalms. I do not have time to look up references for all of these but think about it like this. God does not want eternal death for man but we as humans wrong ourselves with sin. I'm looking for the TRUTH. I am now and always will be a Muslim because Islam is simply submission to the One God and creator which is what Jesus also preached about. There are instances where I think that Allah sent the Messiah as a way to get to Allah the Creator and be successful in the hereafter because it also states in the NT that none goes to God save through the Messiah. I do not believe that God would ever manifest himself in man because like I said - Allah/God/YHWH is ONE and is the Lord of all that exists therefore he is far greater than his creation. I do however believe that Allah can send Messiah Yeshua/Isa/Jesus as a pure spirit from Him, a Word, a Messenger to man and Messiah who was successful over death through his ressurection and return to the Most-High. This is where the christian belief comes that in order for us to be successful and atain eternal life, we must believe that Yeshua was the lamb of God unto men to cleanse us of sin. This did not howver, take away sins but if we repent and accept this gift we shall achieve salvation. Also, think about it like if Yeshua was crusified he ressurected and assended by God's leave and therefore Allah/God/YHWH alone is the savior of man because by his infinate Mercy, he sent the Messiah. The Messiah cannot be God because he was sent to carry out the will f God and all is preordained by the Lord. This is why I believe Muhammad (pbup) was sent to manking as a messenger to reveal and corrrect the flaws of past holy books. The main message is that Allah is ONE, not a trinity, not three and Allah in the Qur'an sent this warning to man because he wants us to succeed but it is we as humans who prefer the life of this world. As far as baptism goes, Yeshua was baptised by John (peace be upon both of them) but would he have baptised him in the name of himself (Jesus). I believe it was in the name of the holy spirit which lives within man and calls us to return to Allah and submit to his will. I'm sorry if this is confusing but I am at times confused myself because I want the truth I want to know for certain and make sense of these fundamental differences between Christianity and Islam. Let me sum up what I'm trying to say more simply because I seem to have rambled on for a while: Allah is the Lord of all that exists, the Creator, the Most-High, the Most-Merciful. We see his names manifested in the Qur'an and you can look up Allah's names and atributes it is very beautiful and you may have a better understanding of our Lord and Creator. He created Adam out of clay, and breathed into adam a spirit from Him, the Holy Spirit (this is our gift from Allah that drives us to repent and turn to Him for forgiveness/guidance etc..) Adam was decieved by the enemy of Man (satan/iblis). We have been put out of paradise but not away from God's Mercy, our spirit from the Most-High has been tainted with sin and we are prone to evil such as lust, greed, envy etc.. All of which puts us further away from Allah and from achieving success and purity. This is why Allah is the Most-Merciful. As a mercy, he has revealed unto man scripture, revelation and has given it to Messengers to deliver it to men so that they may believe, worship one God and work deeds of righteousness and abstain from sin. When man fails and falls short, we are blessed to have this spirit within us that brings us to regret, feel remorse and contrition over our disboedience to Allah. Out of fear and love, we turn to Him and cease from our evil ways. Man is not perfect we are prone to sin and worldly vices. Allah sent the angel Gabriel to Mary (the most blessed woman ever known to mankind) and gave hera Worrd, a Spirit that is pure and From Allah/Not Allah himself. And made Yeshua the Messiah to man and a messenger to preach about the holy spirit. To deny this spirit that Allah has given us, to refuse to repent and accept the Lord's Mercy, we are lost forever and will be judged by our deeds on the day of judgement. Jesus was without blemish and was therefore taken and assended to Allah. Jesus did not ascend to himself but to His Lord and Our Lord. What I am confused about is the difference between the difference in ideology between Christians and Muslims with regard to the life, death and resurrection of Christ and if there is a way toreconcile of make sense of both within the texts. The reason why Allah had to send Muhammad was because Allah also had to warn that this new religion (christianity) was fundamentally flawed by the notion that Allah can have a son and that Allah is 3 persons is one. This is an invention of man and Allah has always been one. Why can't we worship the One who made us and has given us a chance to be forgiven. If Allah sent Yeshua as the Messiah and If infact he rose up and ascended, we should still Worship and gives thanks to the Most-High for sending a Messiah oout of His Mercy for us. Instead we have been ungreatful and have worshipped the one who He has sent. Nowhere in the OT does it say that YhWH will beget a child. There is certainly mention of one who will be the Messiah etc.. In closing I would like to learn if we can make sensse of the Qur'an and NT about the crusifixion/resurrection and ascention of the Messiah. I am not trying to fabricate lies because I am unsure of somethings myself which is why I'm looking for the truth. If I said anything that goes against the scripture or anything that has been revvealed by Allah I ask that he forgive me. I bear witness that there is One Diety, Allah and I do not believe that he has a son. I believe he sent Yeshua as Messiah but I am lost in confusion and am seeking truth. It is also believed by Christianity and Islam that Yeshua will descend again as a just ruler. Correct me where ever you can in the context of my posting.

Muslims also hold the belief that Jesus is the Messiah it is stated in the Qur'an and also believe in the virgin birth. I am trying to understand more in relation to the crusifixion/death/ressurection of Jesus because it is one of the fundamental differences between Islam and christianity. The bible states that Christ was ressurected but the qur'an is less clear on this issue as it doesn't talk much about this, it only says that "they slew him not" and that he was raised up to Allah. I was wondering of the possibility of interpreting this as being crusified and then raising him up and then up into heaven.

I don't believe so, although the Muslim members here can correct me. I believe that the Qur'an makes it clear that Jesus escaped crucifixion and death. Surah 4:157,158 make this argument. I suspect the raising up part is Jesus being taken up into heaven, and not resurrection from death.

Muslims similarly believe in the second coming of the Messiah. I just find it confusing why Jesus is reffered to as the Messiah in the Qur'an. I believe he is but I do not believe that God would be a man as God is far beyond anything that man can comprehend. Moses wasn't even able to see the Lord and Creator in the burning bush. With that said, and I do not think any Muslim would disagree is that the Messiah was a Spirit and Word of our creator and breathed into Mary to concieve through the virgin birth as Allah also states that he breathed his spirit into Adam the first man. Our spirit must return to our Lord after death and we are accountable for our deeds. Adam as well as the rest of humanities spirit has been corrupted by sin so Allah chose Mary, the most pious of all women to bear the Word and a pure Spirit from Him and bring forth the Messiah into this world. Jesus was uncorrupted, sinless and without blemish unlike the rest of man But NOT God himself. The Old Testament never speaks of the Messiah being God himself.

Yes, Muslims do believe that Jesus is the Messiah and will return in the end times. Muslims would also agree that Jesus is a man, formed after the manner of Adam and not God himself. I do not know Islam well enough to comment on whether the rest of humanity was or is corrupted by sin. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge than I can step in and comment on that.

He was sent by God to man as a Mercy from him but I am really having trouble with the difference between what happened to Jesus in Jerusalem at the time of crusifixion. He showed man the way to return to our Creator and preached repentance and the remission of sin. I believe that Allah is so pure that the sinnful man can never approach Him only by His Mercy can we be forgiven and saved. Allah is Merciful to those who repent. But here is where there lies a difference The Crusifixion/Ressurection. Would God make the Messiah carry the burden of our sins by being a sacrificial offering? Also, the Holy Spirit which was breathed into Mary at the time of Jesus being concieved in the womb was uncorrupted and pure because it did not come from man but from Allah the Most-High. Now Adam similarly had this spirit breathed into him when Allah created him out of clay but it has been since tainted by sin and we now as a result are prone to sin. This would mean that man has the holy spirit within him as our forefather Adam had but this spirit is not Our Creator it is what brings us close to Allah, causes us to seek refuge in Hi and repent. Similar to the idea that blaspheming the Holy Spirit might be completely ignoring the Holy spirit within us to turn to God and repent.

I do not think that Islam conceives of humans as being inherently corrupted. Rather, from what has been told to me, I think humans are viewed as being endowed with freewill and are able to go either way, both obedience and rebellion, sin or righteousness. In fact, I just recently had a discussion on the nature of humans at birth, and the conclusion seemed to be that all humans are born in a state of obedience to God, and not corruption. Also, since Muslims do not believe that Jesus was crucified, there is no resurrection or dying for the sins of others as a sacrifice. Islam does not subscribe to any of these ideas as far as I know. Additionally, I do not think Muslims believe that the divine spirit inhabited either Mary or Jesus, but rather that Jesus conception was an act of the divine will, of God saying "Let it be" as described in Surah 3:47. Everything about Jesus was still human, including whatever Islam describes as the soul or spirit. I do not know what Islam teaches about blaspheming the Holy Spirit or if it is even covered in the Qur'an. I have been told before that the Holy Spirit is actually considered to be the Angel Gabriel (Jabra'il) and so would not be the spirit or soul that indwells humans, although I do not know much about this.

I may be wrong in some area's and I hope that God forgives me for speaking of some things without certainty. But to me Jesus cannot be God simply because God gave Mary a Word/ a Spirit from Him because he did the same thing for Adam but Adam erred and God forgave Adam when he repented to the Lord. Now I'm not sure but it could be possible with evidence from scripture's that God's perfect Word, the Messiah Isa was crusified for the sake of giving us a way to Allah.I find it troubling not to believe this because of so many proofs in the old testament and David's psalms. I do not have time to look up references for all of these but think about it like this. God does not want eternal death for man but we as humans wrong ourselves with sin. I'm looking for the TRUTH. I am now and always will be a Muslim because Islam is simply submission to the One God and creator which is what Jesus also preached about. There are instances where I think that Allah sent the Messiah as a way to get to Allah the Creator and be successful in the hereafter because it also states in the NT that none goes to God save through the Messiah. I do not believe that God would ever manifest himself in man because like I said - Allah/God/YHWH is ONE and is the Lord of all that exists therefore he is far greater than his creation. I do however believe that Allah can send Messiah Yeshua/Isa/Jesus as a pure spirit from Him, a Word, a Messenger to man and Messiah who was successful over death through his ressurection and return to the Most-High.

It may not be a good idea to rely on proofs from the Old Testament or Psalms as they currently are since Islam teaches that these have been corrupted and so may not always be reliable in guiding you. I believe that the Qur'an, authentic hadiths and other orthodox Islamic material is all that is considered necessary for complete knowledge on this subject. I believe that the Qur'an is clear on the subject of the nature of Jesus, that he was a man and not a pure spirit, either created or divine, and that he experienced neither a death by crucifixion or any subsequent resurrection.

This is where the christian belief comes that in order for us to be successful and atain eternal life, we must believe that Yeshua was the lamb of God unto men to cleanse us of sin. This did not howver, take away sins but if we repent and accept this gift we shall achieve salvation. Also, think about it like if Yeshua was crusified he ressurected and assended by God's leave and therefore Allah/God/YHWH alone is the savior of man because by his infinate Mercy, he sent the Messiah. The Messiah cannot be God because he was sent to carry out the will f God and all is preordained by the Lord. This is why I believe Muhammad (pbup) was sent to manking as a messenger to reveal and corrrect the flaws of past holy books. The main message is that Allah is ONE, not a trinity, not three and Allah in the Qur'an sent this warning to man because he wants us to succeed but it is we as humans who prefer the life of this world.

I believe that the Christian beliefs you are referring to are considered to be among those corruptions or errors that you believe Muhammad was sent to correct and are not considered compatible with orthodox Islam.

Allah is the Lord of all that exists, the Creator, the Most-High, the Most-Merciful. We see his names manifested in the Qur'an and you can look up Allah's names and atributes it is very beautiful and you may have a better understanding of our Lord and Creator. He created Adam out of clay, and breathed into adam a spirit from Him, the Holy Spirit (this is our gift from Allah that drives us to repent and turn to Him for forgiveness/guidance etc..) Adam was decieved by the enemy of Man (satan/iblis). We have been put out of paradise but not away from God's Mercy, our spirit from the Most-High has been tainted with sin and we are prone to evil such as lust, greed, envy etc.. All of which puts us further away from Allah and from achieving success and purity.

Again, I don't believe Islam attributes the sort of radical spiritual or metaphysical corruption to humanity that Christianity believes resulted from Adam's sin. This would seem to lie contrary to the Islamic belief that every human is born in a state of obedience to God. Again, I hope that another more knowledgeable than myself can step in and help you with these issues.

Off topic, it might be easier for you to get responses if you try to break these issues up into separate questions so that they can be dealt with more thoroughly. Also, your posts will probably be easier to read and thus more approachable if you utilize more structure in them, such as paragraphs.

Thank you for clearing that up. I don't know why I was so confused when the Qur'an gives clear proof. I do not believe those other theories I was mistaken and confused but I believe the Qur'an and what Allah has revealed to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh). I think what confused me was that Isa (pbuh) is called the Messiah in the Qur'an. I would like to note that Allah is sufficient for us as protector and savior. He alone forgives sins and accepts the repentance of his slaves. I ask that he forgive me for such a post concerning doubts and innovation. The Qur'an is the truth and provides proof to man. There is no intercessor to man. Allah alone is our Lord. You're right that Islam teaches we as humans are born into the world in a state of submission to Allah but as time goes we err and sin and lose our way so Allah calls man to return to a state of Islam and hold fast to the truth so man does have free will. Also, Allah is Most-Merciful so we have Him alone to turn to in repentance and guidance to the straight path. Thank you for correcting me where I was wrong.

Thank you for clearing that up. I don't know why I was so confused when the Qur'an gives clear proof. I do not believe those other theories I was mistaken and confused but I believe the Qur'an and what Allah has revealed to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh). I think what confused me was that Isa (pbuh) is called the Messiah in the Qur'an.

It is true that this title is used by both Christians and Muslims (and Jews for that matter), but this does not mean that they mean the same thing when using it. Caution is required when discussing terminology held in common between different religious or ideological groups for while the word may be the same, this can often be deceptive since there could be subtle or not so subtle differences in the understanding of the term.

I would like to note that Allah is sufficient for us as protector and savior. He alone forgives sins and accepts the repentance of his slaves. I ask that he forgive me for such a post concerning doubts and innovation. The Qur'an is the truth and provides proof to man. There is no intercessor to man. Allah alone is our Lord. You're right that Islam teaches we as humans are born into the world in a state of submission to Allah but as time goes we err and sin and lose our way so Allah calls man to return to a state of Islam and hold fast to the truth so man does have free will. Also, Allah is Most-Merciful so we have Him alone to turn to in repentance and guidance to the straight path. Thank you for correcting me where I was wrong.

There is no need to apologize to me. I am likely in a worse position than you are from a Muslim perspective. And please don't be satisfied with my answers. I just posted a reply because I wanted to make sure you got an answer, not because I was the best person to give you an answer. I am still hoping that one of the Muslim members here will also step in and correct anything I may have misspoke.

Hello, I've been reading this topic and I am a muslim revert. I was raised as a catholic. I have always been interested in Jesus but I do not believe he is considered "son of God" I don't understand the concept because Allah is much greater than having any offspring.... I really want to be saved from all of my sins. I have repented to Allah but I have been curious about this stuff that you guys have been discussing.
I believe Allah doesn't have a son. But the God of the Bible does. Jesus refers to His father as God, and God refers to Jesus as His Son. Jesus said you must believe that I am He or you will die in your sins! I don't have faith that Allah can save me. As a Christian, I believe the father can in the name of Jesus for it is written there is no other name given under the sun whereby we might be saved but the name of Yeshua. Edited by BurningLight