Islamic Forum
Wesley

Loving Kindness For All

From Surah 85 (al-Buruj or the Companions)

13. It is He Who creates from the very beginning, and He can restore (life).

14. And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Full of loving-kindness,

15. Lord of the Throne of Glory,

16. Doer (without let) of all that He intends.

Is Allah full of loving-kindness to all His creation, to include all people?

PropellerAds

In the Qur'an, it says that God doesn't love disbelievers.

Does he hate them? Does he hate me? I don't believe what Allah says in the Quran pertains to me, because I believe the Scriptures that came before only.

And why don't Muslims believe that Jesus is the only way to eternal life when he said He was? If you don't believe it, do you think you will not have to give account for this to God?

I am ready to give account to Allah. I will tell him that I followed what the prophet Jesus told me from your divine word which can not be altered. Moreover, I believe that man's strength to corrupt God's word is not stronger than God's strength to protect it. I will tell him I am not going to listen to any messenger that tells me differently than what your persevered message already said with the SCRIPTURES THAT CAME BEFORE THE QURAN.

Edited by BurningLight

Does he hate them?

It doesnt say in the quran God hates anyone - but it is clear he doesn't love disbelievers - yet God still sustains disbelievers in this life even though they reject him, attribute things with him etc.

Abdullah b. Qais reported from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) that none is more forbearing in listening to the most irksome things than Allah, the Exalted. They associate rivals with him, attribute sonhood to Him, but in spite of this He provides them sustenance, grants them safety, confers upon them so many things. (Sahih Muslim, Book #039, Hadith #6732)

Bummer. I'm like my username, sad and laughing at the same time.

But he 'loves' them enough to punish them. Isn't that right? Otherwise he simply wouldn't bother with the disbelievers.

What does 'Love' mean anyway?

But he 'loves' them enough to punish them. Isn't that right? Otherwise he simply wouldn't bother with the disbelievers.

Not necessarily. Perhaps God isn't apathetic, but instead desires to punish them because they are offensive to him or have angered him.

Loves them enough to punish them? No. He doesn't love them at all.

Loves them enough to punish them? No. He doesn't love them at all.

If justice is being done, regardless of the outcome, it means love was not involved? Say a parent punishes a child for doing something wrong. Does this mean the parent does not love the child?

If justice is being done, regardless of the outcome, it means love was not involved? Say a parent punishes a child for doing something wrong. Does this mean the parent does not love the child?

But a parent seeks to rehabilitate the child. I don't believe Islam understand hell as rehabilitation, but rather as retribution for wrongs done.

No, but then again this is not a parent and child situation. God has stated in the Qur'an that He doesn't love disbelievers.

No, but then again this is not a parent and child situation. God has stated in the Qur'an that He doesn't love disbelievers.

I know its not a parent/child situation. I am just wanting to present its closest similitude.

About the Qur'an, verses would really solidify your position and enhance the discussion. Thank you.

But a parent seeks to rehabilitate the child. I don't believe Islam understand hell as rehabilitation, but rather as retribution for wrongs done.

In my belief system, "Hell" is actually for the rehabilitation and its condition is not guaranteed to be forever.

In my belief system, "Hell" is actually for the rehabilitation and its condition is not guaranteed to be forever.

I thought you were discussing Islamic beliefs.

Verily God will defend (from ill) those who believe: verily, God loveth not any that is a traitor to faith, or show ingratitude. (2:38)

Say: "Obey Allah and the Messenger.'' But if they turn away, then Allah does not like the disbelievers. (3:32)

That He may reward those who believe and do righteous good deeds, out of His bounty. Verily, He likes not the disbelievers. (30:45)

The actual Arabic word is to love in those verses.

I still can't see why God would want to punish disbelievers. Why wouldn't he simply ignore them? Is it because he hates them? Isn't hatred a sign of weakness and fear? God cannot be weak or fearful.

Or is it perhaps as a warning to others? This appears akin to vindictiveness to me, but God cannot posess such imperfection.

Salaam,

ron

It is not a sign of hatred or weakness - God is certainly not weak. It is a sign of justice - people who deserve to go to hell will go to hell and people who deserve to go to heaven will go to heaven - God is the best Judge of who will go where.

And Allah judges with truth, while those to whom they invoke besides Him, cannot judge anything. Certainly, Allah! He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer. (40:20)

I still can't see why God would want to punish disbelievers. Why wouldn't he simply ignore them? Is it because he hates them? Isn't hatred a sign of weakness and fear? God cannot be weak or fearful.

Or is it perhaps as a warning to others? This appears akin to vindictiveness to me, but God cannot posess such imperfection.

Salaam,

ron

if we can't reach the full wisdom of some thing it does't mean it isn't like that, we have to trust the most knowlagaeable and wise god,

007.156 Y: .....My mercy extendeth to all things. That (mercy) I shall ordain for those who do right, and practise regular charity, and those who believe in Our signs;-

we will see 100 times mercy greater than any type of mercy we saw or heard about in this life, ....... while that alone may lead us to laziness and sins, Allah have a great punish too, and so we have to be susbended between the hope without laziness, and fear without despair.

plz refer to:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=737552&st=20&start=20&"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic...p;start=20&[/url] post #38

Allah knows best

It doesnt say in the quran God hates anyone - but it is clear he doesn't love disbelievers - yet God still sustains disbelievers in this life even though they reject him, attribute things with him etc.

Perhaps the problem is the translation into English (or the act of any translation from the original Arabic), but doesn't the Qur'an say that God hates aggressors? Is the verb translated as "hate" in my English edition not equivalent to the Arabic?

It is not a sign of hatred or weakness - God is certainly not weak. It is a sign of justice - people who deserve to go to hell will go to hell and people who deserve to go to heaven will go to heaven - God is the best Judge of who will go where.

Even the Quran acknowledges that no man (woman) "deserves" to go to heaven.

And Allah judges with truth, while those to whom they invoke besides Him, cannot judge anything. Certainly, Allah! He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer. (40:20)

Allah does judge with "Truth", and that "Truth" lies in His Son Isa and His atoning death, and in your belief in this "Truth".

But disbelievers don't automatically go to hell do they? Otherwise the mention that 'There is no compulsion in religion' would be untrue.

Salaam,

Ron

Perhaps the problem is the translation into English (or the act of any translation from the original Arabic), but doesn't the Qur'an say that God hates aggressors? Is the verb translated as "hate" in my English edition not equivalent to the Arabic?

I haven't come across that verse you will have to post it.

Allah does judge with "Truth", and that "Truth" lies in His Son Isa and His atoning death, and in your belief in this "Truth".

Muslims do not believe God has a son.

But disbelievers don't automatically go to hell do they? Otherwise the mention that 'There is no compulsion in religion' would be untrue.

Salaam,

Ron

I think the quran makes it pretty clear disbelievers will go to hell for eternity.

I don't like when people quote there is no compulsion in religion without showing the rest of the verse - There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. (2:256)

I believe there is no compulsion in religion - because anyone can say they believe in God but you have to believe in God genuinely from your heart - you cannot force someone to believe in God when inside they don't - and it is only God who knows who really believes in Him as it says at the end of that verse God is All Knower.

Also like I quoted a hadith a few posts above - God sustains disbelievers in this life - and this verse shows disbelievers are not forced to believe in God - but that does not mean when this life is over they go to heaven. This is clear from the quran and this verse is not in contradiction with that.

Can a human soul repent and seek forgiveness after physical death? I don't believe Hell is eternal or forever unless the disbeliever refuses to believe and repent.

Also, the verses I used to open this discussion shows that out of loving-kindness He created us. The verses others show demonstrate that God dislikes the actions of disbelief, but we are not born as disbelievers. We are born, as babies, without any capacity to make decisions about religion and morality. I believe at this point, God loves every person upon creation. I also believe the justice born out of human free will and Divine decree also exists out of Love. How many times in the Qur'an does God remind us that He is full of Mercy and Power?

Can a human soul repent and seek forgiveness after physical death?

No.