Islamic Forum
Yasnov

Arabic Baby Name - Zafira

Dear Brothers/Sisters,

I just had baby... a girl. Alhamdulillah ... And I am thinking about the Arabic name "Zafira", I learned that it means Success or Victory.

However, I am not sure how the correct spelling in Arabic should be ... Is it Zhafira? Or is Zafira already the correct Arabic spelling? Personally I like Zafira better than Zhafira.

What about Hanna? Is it spelled as "Hanna" or "Hana" in Arabic? I was told that it's Hana, but just want to make sure.... Personally, I prefer Hanna.

Thank you very much in advance :sl:

Salam,

Yasnov

PropellerAds

Congratulations on your new baby girl. I am expecting a baby girl in the Spring as well.

I don't know if this helps, but Google seems to indicate that Zafira is the right way to go with that name (number of hits was magnitudes greater for that spelling than Zhafira). Also, I prefer Hanna with two 'n' as well.

Congratulations on your new baby girl. I am expecting a baby girl in the Spring as well.

I don't know if this helps, but Google seems to indicate that Zafira is the right way to go with that name (number of hits was magnitudes greater for that spelling than Zhafira). Also, I prefer Hanna with two 'n' as well.

Thanks Sad Clown. She's my first child, Feel so blessed :sl:

Congratulation for you too.. hope all is going well for you and the baby.

Salam,

Yasnov

The first is a special event. I remember feeling like I couldn't believe it for the longest time right after my first child was born. You catch yourself wondering "Did I really have a child" even as you look the baby in the face. I agree with you, children are a blessing.

Congratulations! to both of you :sl:

Brother Yasnov; I believe it spelled Hana or Hanaa and pronounced Hana-h. It's a nice name

The first is a special event. I remember feeling like I couldn't believe it for the longest time right after my first child was born. You catch yourself wondering "Did I really have a child" even as you look the baby in the face. I agree with you, children are a blessing.

Yes, we had to wait almost two years before we finally have the baby. So, you are right, I remember I felt the same thing like you did when I first met my baby right after the birth delivery in the Caesarean operation room, and days after the birth I still wondered "Did I really have a child" ... but now as time goes by, I am past over that feeling I guess, yes, I have an adorable child now, and I am his daddy. She's almost two months now :sl:

Salam,

Yasnov

Congratulations! to both of you :sl:

Brother Yasnov; I believe it spelled Hana or Hanaa and pronounced Hana-h. It's a nice name

Thank you Bro Myhyder :sl:

Salam,

Yasnov

Dear Brothers/Sisters,

I just had baby... a girl. Alhamdulillah ... And I am thinking about the Arabic name "Zafira", I learned that it means Success or Victory.

However, I am not sure how the correct spelling in Arabic should be ... Is it Zhafira? Or is Zafira already the correct Arabic spelling? Personally I like Zafira better than Zhafira.

What about Hanna? Is it spelled as "Hanna" or "Hana" in Arabic? I was told that it's Hana, but just want to make sure.... Personally, I prefer Hanna.

Thank you very much in advance :sl:

Salam,

Yasnov

alsalamo alykom, sister

congratulation for the nice daughter,

"may Allah bless here, and allow you to thank him, almighty, and raise here as a nice to you, and see here acting well in this life"

this is a common Doa'a about the prophet of Allah (pbuh), for the new babies

"بُورك فى الموهوب و شكرت الواهب و رُزقت بره و طعمت خيره

we hope, inshaa Allah, we will congratulate you for the complete team so soon

i believe the right name suppose to be "Zhafirah ظافرة" which means victorious for women, while this is not a common name in Egypt,

the other one is "Hana هنا" which means happiness and joy, it's began to be common in Egypt, just the last decade.

Alhamdo llelah, Allah grant me two sons, if he, almighty grant me a nice daughter (in Egypt) i'll name here one of the following:

Maryam.......the best woman all over days

Khadigah....the first and most supportive wife of th prophet (pbuh)

Ayshah......the most lovely wife of the prophet (pbuh)

Fatemah, Zaynab, Ruqaiah.....the daughters of the prophet (pbuh)

BTW any nice meaning name will be great inshaa Allah

Edited by AHMAD_73