Islamic Forum
the sad clown

Arab Spring Leading To A Restored Caliphate?

alsalamo alykom, brother

you are right Khalifah is a noun, and yes there is no verb will end with "ta marbutah ة "

i feel i don't hit the point, so plz, if wonna further questions, do it

Wa alaikumu as-salam

Thank you for confirming that Khalifah is a noun and not a verb.

Wesley, you have been reported to the administrator (who knows Arabic) for lying. You claimed that khalifah is a verb which it isn't. You also claimed that the word in "Surah 38:26" "is like khaleefatan. Slightly different" - as per your own words - while in fact the word in verse 38:26 is khaleefatan / خَلِيفَةً down the very vowel, which as brother Ahmad explained can change (the vowelization) depending on the sentence due to grammar.

PropellerAds

I see that while I was on vacation, my post had stirred up a virtual hornet's nest. I apologize. Instead of directly responding to personal attacks of me being called a “liar†or “kafir,†I will instead do a better job of presenting my case. I do apologize for saying “like†khalifitaan on my prior post, I was unsure if all transliterations to Roman characters end up being the same. Since this assumption was insulting, I apologize. I definitely was not trying to intentionally mislead. To compensate and as well as further my original argument, I spent considerable time trying to fill in the blanks.

The following is a study using Quran(contact admin if its a beneficial link) and me finding as many instances of the word KH-L-F as I could find. I also provided a glossary with definitions. I made personal remarks on the usage of the word and which definition, which to me, the usage most follows. If you differ, please state your case without accusing me of lying.

The following in bold is from (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_wahiduddin(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/words/arabic_glossary.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_wahiduddin(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/words/arabic_glossary.htm[/url]

kh-l-f

Definition A: to be a successor (verb),

Definition B: take the place of (verb),

Definition C: substitute or to differ (verb),

Definition D: argue (verb)

All translations and transliterations come from (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]. All “used as†statements come from me. I also underlined the root.

Surah 24:55 assalihatilayastakhlifannahum.

Translated as “grant them succession†in Sahih International, Muhsin Khan, “make them to succeed†Pickthall, “grant them... inheritance†Yusuf Ali “make them rulers†Shakir “make them successors†Dr. Ghali.

Used as a verb as in definition “Aâ€

Surah 24:55 istakhlafaallatheena

Translated as “granted to those before†Sahih International, Muhsin Khan, “before them to succeed†Pickthall, “granted it those before them†Yusuf Ali, “made rulers those before them†Shakir, “made the ones who were before them successors.â€

Used as a past tense verb along the lines of Definition B.

From Surah 38:26 khaleefatan

Translated as “successor†Sahih International, Muhsin Khan. “viceroy†Pickthall. “Vicegerent†Yusuf Ali. “a ruler†Shakir. “succeeding†Dr. Ghali.

Used as a noun form of Definition A.

Surah 2:30 khaleefatan

Translated as “successive authority†Sahih International. “generations after generations†Muhsin Khan. “viceroy†Pickthall. “vicegerent†Yusuf Ali. “a khalif†Shakir. “a successor†Dr. Ghali.

See this link for a discourse on the Shakir translation. Go to page 47. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_books.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/books?id=VkEWCE8HjX8C&pg=PA47&lpg=PA47&dq=arabic+root+khlf&source=bl&ots=V94Hlu97_u&sig=LrpaiPSVXPlQobhRkv1sELx5VPU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=2mgHT7rWO4iBgwerm8iPCw&ved=0CCoQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=arabic%20root%20khlf&f=false"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_books.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/books?id=VkEWCE8Hj...hlf&f=false[/url]

From Surah 5:33, Surah 7:124, Surah 20:71, Surah 26:49 khilafin

Translated as “opposite sides†Sahih International, Muhsin Khan, Yusuf Ali, Shakir “alternate sides†Pickthall. “alternately†Dr. Ghali.

Used as a noun with the main form of KH-L-F being used as an adjective. Most close to Definition C.

Surah 7:69 and Surah 7:74 khulafaa

Translated as “successors†Sahih International, Muhsin Khan, Shakir, Dr. Ghali. “viceroy†Pickthall. “inheritors†Yusuf Ali.

Used as a noun form of Definition A.

Surah 7:150 samakhalaftumoonee

Translated as “replaced me after†Sahih International. “during my absense†Muhsin Khan. “after I had left you†Pickthall. “in my place in my absense†Yusuf Ali. “have done after me†Shakir. “behind me after my departure†Dr. Ghali.

Used as a verb with a prepositional phrase. Closest to Definition B.

Surah 7:169, Surah 19:59 Fakhalafa … khalfun

Translated as “there followed them... who inherited†Sahih International. “after them succeeded... which inherited†Muhsin Khan. “hath succeeded... who inherited.†Pickthall. “after them succeeded.... they inherited.†Yusuf Ali. “came after them.... who inherited.†Shakir. “succeeded even after them.... inherited.â€

Fakhalafa used as a past tense verb close to Definition B.

khalfun used as a past tense verb close to Definition A.

Surah 9:81 almukhallafoona …. adihimkhilafa where adihim means departure.

Translated as “remained behind.... after departure†Sahih International. “stayed away.... staying behind.†Muhsin Khan. “left behind... sitting still behind.†Pickthall. “were left behind... behind the back†Yusuf Ali. “were left behind.... sitting behind.†Shakir. “were left behind.... behind the back†Dr. Ghali.

Both forms used as a past tense verb within Definition A.

Surah 9:83 alkhalifeen

Translated as “stay behind†Sahih International. “lag behind†Muhsin Khan, Yusuf Ali “sit still†Pickthall. “remain behind†Shakir. “tarry behind†Dr. Ghali.

Used as a present tense verb within Definition A.

From Surah 11:57 wayastakhlifu

Translated as “will give succession†Sahih International. “will make another people succeed you†Muhsin Khan. “will set in place of you a folk other than you†Pickthall. “will make another people to succeed you.†Yusuf Ali. “will bring another people in your place†Shakir. “will make another people other than you to succeed you.†Dr. Ghali.

Phrase is a future tense verb of Definition A.

Surah 11:88 okhalifakum

Translated as “to differ from†Sahih International, Dr. Ghali. “in contradiction to†Muhsin Khan. “to do behind†Pickthall. “in opposition to†Yusuf Ali, Shakir.

Used as a verb within Definition B.

Surah 17:76 khilafaka

Translated as “not remain after you†Sahih International. “not have stayed after you†Muhsin Khan. “stayed.. after thee†Pickthall. “stayed after thee†Yusuf Ali. “tarry behind you†Shakir. “to succeed you†Dr. Ghali.

Used as a verb most close to Definition A.

Surah 24:63 yukhalifoona

Translated as “dissent from†Sahih International. “oppose†Muhsin Khan. “conspire to evade†Pickthall. “withstand†Yusuf Ali. “go against†Shakir. “fail to obey†Dr. Ghali.

Used as a verb, each within Definition C.

Surah 27:62 khulafaaal

Translated as “makes you inheritors†Sahih International, Muhsin Khan, Yusuf Ali “made you viceroys†Pickthall. “make you successors†Shakir, Dr. Ghali

Used as a verb within Definition A.

Surah 35:24 khalafeeha

Translated as “had passed within†Sahih International. “had passed among†Muhsin Khan. “hath passed among†Pickthall. “having lived among...(in the past†Yusuf Ali. “has gone among†Shakir. “has passed in it†Dr. Ghali.

Used as a past tense verb within Definition B.

All of these verses in my prior post show that KH-L-F and all of its derivative words do not point to a specific person or organization to succeed the Seal of the Prophets. At most, the verses show that there were prior promises of a specific person(s), such as Adam (2:30) and the lineage of David (38:26), but not with the current Revelation. All Muslims or believers were to be the successors, a responsibility of the whole community. Just because humans created the name of a position “Khalifa†and the institution of “Khalifat†after the Qur'an was given to us by God does not mean God, in any variation of the word KH-L-F, bestowed divinity upon the human created institutions. In fact, you cannot find Khalifat in the Qur'an (or at least I was unable to).

If it, the Caliphate, was Divine, there would not have been a dispute as to the successorship. Sunni believe the successorship should have been in one way, the Shi'a believe it should have been another way. The Qur'an could not be used to settle this dispute as no one living at that time believed the Qur'an had designated a specific successor.

If it, the Caliphate, was Divine, it never would have ended, especially after a promise a certain someone had made to its inevitable demise.

Edited by Wesley

For Younes. I saw you were on another forum quoting from me. Please ask permission next time. The following is the link of the post as well as the text of the post.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsunniforum(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/showthread.php?82276-Arabic-Khalifah"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsunniforum(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/showthread...Arabic-Khalifah[/url]

As-salamu alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

Can the word ÎáíÃÉý / khalifa also be a verb besides being a noun?

I am asking this in light of the following which was written by a Bahai kafir:

"Surah 024.055... Below in Bold are three translations. None suggest the Caliphate is the successorship. Caliph is from the word khalīfah. The word you cited above, Khulifa, means successor. The translation you used creates the word as a noun. Both words have the same root, KhLF, but are not the same word. KhLF at the root means "to take the place of or to differ." It is a verb. Khalifah, is also a verb, which means "to succeed" or "to do in someone's place." The first time the word KhLF became a noun was when the Muslims had to figure out who would succeed the Seal of the Prophets. There was confusion as to who would. Some felt Ali should be the successor, others thought it should be by consensus of elders. The word "Caliph" which only means "Successor" became a formalized title of the position Abu Bakr was nominated for. In the Qur'an, you have the verb form. There was no formal noun version of the root KhLF in the Qur'an, although newer translations into English suggest KhLF as a noun. You can say humans created the Title of Caliph only as a response to no formal Title existing in the Qur'an."

Last edited by Younes; 28-12-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Listen Wesley. Are we supposed to throw 1400 years of history, scholarly work and most importantly the Quran and Sunnah behind our back and believe some random kafir on the internet? Please stick to your own religion, we do not need you to teach us our religion.

Never throw the Qur'an behind your back. 1400 years of history, scholarly work, and the Sunnah have left the community with no Caliphate and no Caliph. Get back to the Qur'an.

Edited by Wesley

alsalamo alykom, brother

yes it is, while that pronounce is due to the "Tashkeel". the main word is "Khaleefah ÎáíÃÉ", while the same word can be pronounced "khaleefatan / ÎóáöíÃóÉð" or "khaleefaton / ÎóáöíÃóÉõ or "khaleefatin / ÎóáöíÃóÉò" either have the tashkeel ( ð or ø or ò ) which depend on the position of the word in the statement. it's an Arbic language science called "Al-Nahoo wa Al-sarff"

Ahmad, this was quite interesting to read, along with the rest of the post. I hope to have built upon some parts of your theme. Thank you.

It would be wonderful if the calpihate was restored and implemented Islam the way it should be implemented but its very hard to say if this will happen soon because there are divisions amongst people. People are proud they are Muslim but I think sometimes they but their national identity before their religion which is sad. I think at least for now Muslim majority countries need to build on relations and make agreements with each other so that there is a stronger connection between them.

I am asking an honest question here. (I will remind you, I am a young revert from a Christian background).

With Allah, everything is possible. But as you mention, there are so many divisions among people. It seems as though once it disintegrated that Islam began sectioning. It seems to me as though the phrase "once paper is crumpled it can never be the same" might apply here. Do you think it is likely in any sense that the caliphate will/can be restored?

I am asking an honest question here. (I will remind you, I am a young revert from a Christian background).

With Allah, everything is possible. But as you mention, there are so many divisions among people. It seems as though once it disintegrated that Islam began sectioning. It seems to me as though the phrase "once paper is crumpled it can never be the same" might apply here. Do you think it is likely in any sense that the caliphate will/can be restored?

As Salaam Alaykum

Sis I am also similar age as you and reverted ! I don't really know,,,I study political science so I am really interested in politics including Islamic politics...However I came across the following hadith which I couldn't find the reference but brother ala'din did provide the reference in a previous thread I made about it ( Its from Ahmads Hadith Collection which has not been fully translated into english yet and which it should be! )

The Prophethood will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wills it to be. Then Allaah will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be the khilaafah upon the Prophetic methodology. And it will last for as long as Allaah wills it to last. Then Allaah will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be biting kingship, and it will remain for as long as Allaah wills it to remain. Then Allaah will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be tyrannical (forceful) kingship and it will remain for as long as Allaah wills it to remain. Then He will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be a khilaafah upon the Prophetic methodology. Then he (the Prophet) was silent.

My question would be ....most scholars say we are in the tyrannical kingship..and after that comes the correct implementation and there is not a mention of anything after that so is it right to presume this will be the last time it will be implemented ? If so isn't it viewed that Imam Mahdi and Jesus pbuh will implement it so I would have thought putting these together would mean the caliphate won't come until they come - but I could be wrong!

As Salaam Alaykum

Sis I am also similar age as you and reverted ! I don't really know,,,I study political science so I am really interested in politics including Islamic politics...However I came across the following hadith which I couldn't find the reference but brother ala'din did provide the reference in a previous thread I made about it ( Its from Ahmads Hadith Collection which has not been fully translated into english yet and which it should be! )

So is the restoration of the Caliphate part of Islamic eschatology (doctrine about the end times)? Is the restoration of the Caliphate related in any way to Jesus return?

The Prophethood will remain amongst you for as long as Allaah wills it to be. Then Allaah will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be the khilaafah upon the Prophetic methodology. And it will last for as long as Allaah wills it to last. Then Allaah will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be biting kingship, and it will remain for as long as Allaah wills it to remain. Then Allaah will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be tyrannical (forceful) kingship and it will remain for as long as Allaah wills it to remain. Then He will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be a khilaafah upon the Prophetic methodology. Then he (the Prophet) was silent.

The above tradition comes from the Musnad Ahmad, a collection of Hadith collected by Hanbal, who started one of the four prominent Sunni schools. The whole collection, I cannot seem to find in English. Why isn't it included in any of the "Sahih" Hadith collections, to include that of Bukhari?

This Hadith is suggesting the successors would be a part of the Prophethood. Doesn't Muslims believe Prophethood ended with the physical death of the Seal of the Prophets? Personally, this seems to have been written among the times of Hanbal's school as a response to the current condition of the Caliphate, rather than an explanation of the Qur'an. If I am wrong, please point me to the write verse(s) of the Qur'an. Otherwise, this looks more like a case to support the Shi'a position rather than the Sunni position.

By no means am I suggesting Allah would cease Revelation forever and ever, as I do believe the Qur'an, in regards to the Last Days, points repeatedly to renewed Revelation. However, the suggestion Prophethood within the explanation of support for the Caliphate, does definitely go against my personal beliefs and I imagine that of some Muslims. The Caliphs were not prophets nor was the institution of Caliphate prophetic. See my earlier post on every instance I could find regarding all variations of the word "kh-l-f" used in the Qur'an.

As Salaam Alaykum

My question would be ....most scholars say we are in the tyrannical kingship..and after that comes the correct implementation and there is not a mention of anything after that so is it right to presume this will be the last time it will be implemented ? If so isn't it viewed that Imam Mahdi and Jesus pbuh will implement it so I would have thought putting these together would mean the caliphate won't come until they come - but I could be wrong!

1) I'm doing Political Science, with a concentration on International Relations/Middle Eastern Politics, with two minors in Global Justice and Religion with a concentration on Islam (but it will include others as well). That's pretty cool :sl:

2) So you're thinking that the restored caliphate will bring about the end times? I haven't heard that exactly in that way yet. Interesting. (I could be misreading your statement).

So is the restoration of the Caliphate part of Islamic eschatology (doctrine about the end times)? Is the restoration of the Caliphate related in any way to Jesus return?

As I just said... I haven't heard that, but I'm still hearing alot :sl: Insha'Allah someone will bring us an answer :no:

As I just said... I haven't heard that, but I'm still hearing alot :sl: Insha'Allah someone will bring us an answer :sl:

That is the good thing about this forum. It usually doesn't take too long to get an answer to a question you have when you bring it here.

Thats what I am asking lol

Just because humans created the name of a position “Khalifa” and the institution of “Khalifat” after the Qur'an was given to us by God does not mean God, in any variation of the word KH-L-F, bestowed divinity upon the human created institutions. In fact, you cannot find Khalifat in the Qur'an (or at least I was unable to).

You weren't able to because you're ignorant. "Khalifat" is "Caliph" and it is in Qur'an, used in reference to Adam(pbuh)/man and David (pbuh). "Khilafat" is the Caliphate and it is not in the Qur'an. Anyway, you were proven a liar when you said that root word Kh-L-F never appears as a noun in the Qur'an.

If it, the Caliphate, was Divine, it never would have ended, especially after a promise a certain someone had made to its inevitable demise.

Actually it was prophecised to end before the false Prophet of Bahaism. The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) prophecisied that Caliphs would come to an end...but he also prophecisied that it will return.

Yes, it is. The restoration of the Caliphate will come, then Imam al-Mahdi who is from the progeny of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will become its head, then the Caliphate will fight the anti-Christ but the he will be victorious until Jesus (pbuh) returns and joins forces with the Caliphate. After the anti-Christ is dead, Jesus (pbuh) will become the leader.

Anyway, you were proven a liar when you said that root word Kh-L-F never appears as a noun in the Qur'an.

And I corrected the mistake with my post #27. You can quote post #27 in the sunniforum while calling me a liar if you'd like. Where in post #27 am I wrong? And yes, I did change my position that the word "khaleefatan" is used as a noun. You might notice the majority of times Kh-L-F is used, it is as a verb.

"Khalifat" is "Caliph" and it is in Qur'an, used in reference to Adam(pbuh)/man and David (pbuh).

You mean "khaleefatan" as I had prior stated on my post #27. Yes, these are in reference to Adam and David, as I had also prior mentioned. There is no "khaleefatan" promised after the Seal of the Prophets, not in the Qur'an.

"Khilafat" is the Caliphate and it is not in the Qur'an.

Right, I said this in my post #28 and demonstrated by post #27. The Caliphate is not in the Qur'an.

You weren't able to because you're ignorant.

Thank you for personally attacking my character, IF Guardian, in violation of rule #30. Instead of saying I lack knowledge in a rude way, you can choose to prove "your knowledge" by countering my argument, if you are capable, using examples from the Qur'an as I had. My current stance is the Caliphate is not a Divine institution from God due to the lack of authority given to any Caliph or Caliphate after the Seal of the Prophets ascended to heaven. Also, the Caliphate will not be restored due to the Arab spring due to that same lack of authority by God.

Edited by Wesley

Yes, it is. The restoration of the Caliphate will come, then Imam al-Mahdi who is from the progeny of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will become its head, then the Caliphate will fight the anti-Christ but the he will be victorious until Jesus (pbuh) returns and joins forces with the Caliphate. After the anti-Christ is dead, Jesus (pbuh) will become the leader.

1) Is Imam al-Mahdi in the Qur'an? If so, please show the verses which show the role of Imam al-Mahdi.

2) anti-Christ or Dajjal? Is either in the Qur'an? If so, please show the verses which show the role of the anti-Christ or Dajjal.

3) Jesus returns? Is the return of Jesus in the Qur'an? If so, please show the verses which show the role of Jesus in His return.

4) Caliphate being tied into all three topics of the al-Mahdi, anti-Christ, and the return of Jesus? We already showed the Caliphate is not a part of the Qur'an, unless someone else has something to add to my post #27.

And I corrected the mistake with my post #27. You can quote post #27 in the sunniforum while calling me a liar if you'd like. Where in post #27 am I wrong? And yes, I did change my position that the word "khaleefatan" is used as a noun. You might notice the majority of times Kh-L-F is used, it is as a verb.

This doesn't do any good at all after all that pretentious posing and lying. You're just telling us what we already know.

You mean "khaleefatan" as I had prior stated on my post #27. Yes, these are in reference to Adam and David, as I had also prior mentioned. There is no "khaleefatan" promised after the Seal of the Prophets, not in the Qur'an.

You clearly don't know Arabic. No, I meant "khalifat". "Khalifatan", which you have transcribed as "khaleefatan" here (makes no difference), is when the ending of the word "khalifat" is vowelized. The vowelization depends on where the word is in the sentence. Brother Ahmad explained this in his post.

Right, I said this in my post #28 and demonstrated by post #27. The Caliphate is not in the Qur'an.

Thank you for personally attacking my character, IF Guardian, in violation of rule #30. Instead of saying I lack knowledge in a rude way, you can choose to prove "your knowledge" by countering my argument, if you are capable, using examples from the Qur'an as I had. My current stance is the Caliphate is not a Divine institution from God due to the lack of authority given to any Caliph or Caliphate after the Seal of the Prophets ascended to heaven.

You're welcome. You know why I call you ignorant? Because you're such a pretentious person and you lie. For example, you go looking for word "Caliphate", ignorantly thinking it's "khalifat", which definately is in the Qur'an - and somehow you can't find it. How can you search for a word when you don't even know what it is?

1) Is Imam al-Mahdi in the Qur'an? If so, please show the verses which show the role of Imam al-Mahdi.

2) anti-Christ or Dajjal? Is either in the Qur'an? If so, please show the verses which show the role of the anti-Christ or Dajjal.

3) Jesus returns? Is the return of Jesus in the Qur'an? If so, please show the verses which show the role of Jesus in His return.

4) Caliphate being tied into all three topics of the al-Mahdi, anti-Christ, and the return of Jesus? We already showed the Caliphate is not a part of the Qur'an, unless someone else has something to add to my post #27.

There is no verse in the Qur'an. As you probably know, Muslims don't base their religion solely on the Qur'an. The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) informed us about these matters.

This doesn't do any good at all after all that pretentious posing and lying. You're just telling us what we already know.

You clearly don't know Arabic. No, I meant "khalifat". "Khalifatan", which you have transcribed as "khaleefatan" here (makes no difference), is when the ending of the word "khalifat" is vowelized. The vowelization depends on where the word is in the sentence. Brother Ahmad explained this in his post.

You're welcome. You know why I call you ignorant? Because you're such a pretentious person and you lie. For example, you go looking for word "Caliphate", ignorantly thinking it's "khalifat", which definately is in the Qur'an - and somehow you can't find it. How can you search for a word when you don't even know what it is?

Show me the word in the Qur'an. Is the transliteration of (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url] wrong? And any variation of the word Kh-L-F used in the Qur'an does not indicate any formal institution of person after the Seal of the Prophets. You already stated "khaleefatan" or "khalifat" as you may, refers to Adam and David, which I do not dispute. You are arguing points which do not further your argument of the Caliphate being Divine.

But please, since you say I am unable to search for the word, please help me search for the word. Make me less "ignorant."

Wesley the quran requires us to follow the prophet Muhammad pbuh too which is why the sunnah is also important.

Show me the word in the Qur'an. Is the transliteration of (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url] wrong? And any variation of the word Kh-L-F used in the Qur'an does not indicate any formal institution of person after the Seal of the Prophets. You already stated "khaleefatan" or "khalifat" as you may, refers to Adam and David, which I do not dispute. You are arguing points which do not further your argument of the Caliphate being Divine.

But please, since you say I am unable to search for the word, please help me search for the word. Make me less "ignorant."

Did I say it is in the Qur'an? I just told you that Khilafat is not in the Qur'an - as far as I am aware. You're ignorant because you looked for "khalifat" which definately is in the Qur'an and you couldn't find it while the word you were supposed to look for is "khilafat".

This arguement has been about lingual matters. You made certain claims. You stated there is no word related to the word Caliphate, which is a clear lie. You stated that khalifat is a verb. Another lie. You stated that there is no noun with the root Kh L F in the Qur'an. Another lie. You said that the first time the word Kh L F became a noun was after the Prophet's (pbuh) death. Another lie. You said that the word in that verse dealing with David (pbuh) is like khaleefatan, slightly different. Another lie. Like I said, this has been about lingual matters and you have failed on all counts. This is what I said, "It is quite clear that the Qur'an speaks of rule and orders to establish it. I am not going to get hung up on the word Caliph because in the past it wasn't even the most used title. Amir-ul-Muminen/the Commander of the Believers was." I don't care if the word is "Amirate, "Sultanate", Hukm", "Islamic State", "Caliphate". All that matters is that rule is according to the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

As Salaam Alaykum

Will the caliphate be established by Imam al Mahdi or will it be established before he comes?

As Salaam Alaykum

Will the caliphate be established by Imam al Mahdi or will it be established before he comes?

Wa alaikumu as-salam

The Caliphate will be established first, inshaa Allah.

I see that while I was on vacation, my post had stirred up a virtual hornet's nest. I apologize. Instead of directly responding to personal attacks of me being called a “liar†or “kafir,†I will instead do a better job of presenting my case. I do apologize for saying “like†khalifitaan on my prior post, I was unsure if all transliterations to Roman characters end up being the same. Since this assumption was insulting, I apologize. I definitely was not trying to intentionally mislead. To compensate and as well as further my original argument, I spent considerable time trying to fill in the blanks.

Younes, I see you ignored post #27. I quoted the opening to it, which states my apology and reasoning for the original error. I again will apologize for you not either reading this or understanding it. The rest of post #27, should in effect, restate my first argument much more effectively. Instead of basing your anger on a post which I apologized for, and have since redone (see post #27), could you please state your arguments in the context of post #27? If there are any other variations of the word Kh-L-F which I have missed in the Qur'an, please feel free to share. If the transliteration is wrong, do share a website with a "correct" transliteration. If the translations are wrong, please share a correct translation. If the definitions I used are wrong, please show me the correct definitions of the root Kh-L-F. Muslims often point to the Arabic as being the only real way to understand Islam of today. I hope my effort to learn Arabic does not frustrate those who recommend learning Arabic to understand Islam.

By the way, I wasn't searching for a specific term. How else would I have had the results I came up with in post #27? Clearly there is much variety in the ways Kh-L-F is used and spelled. No singular search phrase could come up with those results. I had to read.

The name given is important. If the rule is to have been authorized by God, it surely would have been in the Qur'an somehow, in some way. This excludes any name the humans created after the ascension of the Seal of the Prophets.

If there is anythine else in the Qur'an, demonstrating the Divinity, Authority, and Righteousness of the Caliphate, or any alternative names which you suggest, please do show me. If I am wrong, surely you (or others) can show me. I definitely am not above to admitting mistakes as my above apology demonstrates.