Islamic Forum
the sad clown

Arab Spring Leading To A Restored Caliphate?

Younes, I see you ignored post #27.

No, I did not. I told you: "This (post 27) doesn't do any good at all after all that pretentious posing and lying. You're just telling us what we already know."

If there is anythine else in the Qur'an, demonstrating the Divinity, Authority, and Righteousness of the Caliphate, or any alternative names which you suggest, please do show me. If I am wrong, surely you (or others) can show me. I definitely am not above to admitting mistakes as my above apology demonstrates.

God authorizes the people in the Qur'an to judge by the Qur'an and the Sunnah and the Prophet (pbuh) also told establish a rule.

PropellerAds

Then what would make the Caliphate "Divine".. that is.. being of God.

I was warned of promoting sectarian views earlier in this thread; however, I am wondering if the Sunni position has always been the Caliphate is Divine. The Shi'a believes their leadership, the Imamate, was Divine. The 12 Imams then were also Divine, infallible, free from error, according to Shi'a though, and considered sectarian and incompatible with Sunni thought. Is the Sunni position of the Caliphate and Caliphs then similar?

If so, any information would be useful. When I first started talking about the non-Divinity of the Caliphate on a Sunni Forum and received warnings due to it, I was honestly surprised. I always thought the Sunni viewed the Caliphate as a mere political position.

Also, the verses about Adam and David being "Khalifeetan" is interesting because they were Messengers and who came after them were Messengers. If anyone is to say there is a "Khalifeetan" after the Seal of the Prophets is saying that they believe there will be Messengers after the Seal of the Prophets. I had no idea my position was honestly against mainstream Sunni thought. When I at first copied a text from the Baha'i Writings, I didn't realize it promoted a non-Sunni stance.

If the restoration of the Caliphate would be related to the Mahdi (not in the Qur'an), would the Mahdi then be a Messenger and a true Khalifeetan in the spirit of the Qur'an (38:26 & 2:30)?

What really is the Sunni point of view? Caliphate Divine or just a political organization?

The Caliphate is a political organization that rules according to the Qur'an and the Sunnah. The Caliphs and the Caliphate are not considered infallible. Imam al-Mahdi (ra) won't be a Messenger nor a Prophet but he will be a leader.

The Caliphate is a political organization that rules according to the Qur'an and the Sunnah. The Caliphs and the Caliphate are not considered infallible. Imam al-Mahdi (ra) won't be a Messenger nor a Prophet but he will be a leader.

Earlier you had mentioned Jesus would come and join the Caliphate. Would Jesus come as a Messenger, as He was before?

Why would Jesus, a Messenger, rule according to the historical narrations attributed to the sayings and actions of another Messenger? Didn't Jesus have his own sayings and actions, despite humans not recording it?

Why would Jesus, a Messenger, join a non-Divine political organization which is not infallible (free from error)?

Edited by Wesley

Earlier you had mentioned Jesus would come and join the Caliphate. Would Jesus come as a Messenger, as He was before?

Once you are a Messenger, you are always a Messenger. It is a title that cannot be taken away. Jesus (pbuh) will come and rule according to the Law given to Muhammad (pbuh).

Yes, it is. The restoration of the Caliphate will come, then Imam al-Mahdi who is from the progeny of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will become its head, then the Caliphate will fight the anti-Christ but the he will be victorious until Jesus (pbuh) returns and joins forces with the Caliphate. After the anti-Christ is dead, Jesus (pbuh) will become the leader.

Thank you very much Younes. That was very clear.