Islamic Forum
the sad clown

Possible Us Sanctions Against Iran

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnewyorker(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/online/blogs/comment/2011/11/iran-and-the-iaea.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnewyorker(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/online/blogs/comm...d-the-iaea.html[/url]

I don't understand why we are unwilling to believe Iran on this matter when they say they are only developing energy related nuclear technology. The much talked about IAEA report doesn't seem to have anything particularly new to report, and in fact has indications to the contrary that Iran is preparing an atomic bomb. The article from the New Yorker does a good job of laying out what is really going on with the report and its abuse by Republicans, and now Congress. I wish Obama would simply not sign it, but I don't know if he is willing to resist the political pressure when an election year is right around the corner. It's at best a colossal waste of time, and at worst the harbinger for another Iraq like mistake.

PropellerAds

I don't believe Iran is a nuclear threat anyway. Even if they wanted to develop the warheads, they have no intercontinental missile capability. They can strike israel but if the regime's goal is to hold on to power, they won't strike israel.

My assessment is it doesn't matter what Iran does with or without nuclear power.

I think everyone in power or not, should not even think about past tonight for it´s own concern, but should think past tonight for the Rest.

If i wont be alive past tonight.....

then....

Make sure you did your best on savings for your wife/kids left behind.

Did your Job the way you supposed to.

Sign Laws for the Best of All, even those that ignore them.

Not think about elections, just do what is correct.

Religious Leaders represent population, numbers, so listen to what they have to say.

etc.

Religious Leaders represent population, numbers, so listen to what they have to say.

No, religious leaders claim to represent the people of that religion. And how is listening to what they have to say (because they represent a certain population) any different than worrying about elections (which is listening to a certain population)?

I also find it disgusting how calmly and plainly the U.S and israel talk about going to war with Iran and bombing it. These people are openly going to the media and discussing a proclamation of war with Iran like it's nothing. Regardless of the terrors of war, the loss of life on both sides, the decimation of a country, it doesn't matter to these people. They'll happily ship out men to fight for their political gains while sitting in a cozy chair.

I also find it disgusting how calmly and plainly the U.S and israel talk about going to war with Iran and bombing it. These people are openly going to the media and discussing a proclamation of war with Iran like it's nothing. Regardless of the terrors of war, the loss of life on both sides, the decimation of a country, it doesn't matter to these people. They'll happily ship out men to fight for their political gains while sitting in a cozy chair.

The stupidity involved is mind boggling. I don't know why two wars wasn't enough for these people. They have no idea how to peacefully coexist with others. None of the Republican candidates with the possible exception of Ron Paul are acceptable because of this war mongering attitude. Sadly, Democrats make a different sound but the results are too often the same.

The stupidity involved is mind boggling. I don't know why two wars wasn't enough for these people. They have no idea how to peacefully coexist with others. None of the Republican candidates with the possible exception of Ron Paul are acceptable because of this war mongering attitude. Sadly, Democrats make a different sound but the results are too often the same.

No, I just think it's what they used to call the threat of 'Gunship Diplomacy'. A tactical warning of a very real threat towards Iran if they don't abide by the International nuclear watchdog's requirements.

It's simply a question of who gets nuked first anyway. If Iran gets the bomb and decides to blow israel away then they know very well they're going to get it too. Isn't that what Nuclear deterrence is all about?

I don't personally believe in pre-emptive strikes though. The resultant waves of terrorist attacks globally , which apart from anything else would be extremely frightening. And it also could quite possibly result in a global war against Islam which might go on for decades if not longer.

Maybe we should all commit suicide, then we won't have a problem any longer.

Salaaam,

ron

No, I just think it's what they used to call the threat of 'Gunship Diplomacy'. A tactical warning of a very real threat towards Iran if they don't abide by the International nuclear watchdog's requirements.

It is just too reminiscent of the lead up to Iraq for me to be comfortable with. These things should still be fresh in the minds of these people. It still strikes me as stupidity, especially when the only significant change in the IAEA report is the new top level of management fomenting agitation with more aggressive language in the report. The report even says that there has been no indication of nuclear material being diverted from energy use. Why do we need to increase pressure on a situation that has no essential change and plenty of indications of being a non-threat to U.S. interests or the interests of our allies.

What has Iran done that North Korea hasn't? Infact, if the U.S are thinking about bombing Iran, you'd of expect them to have had another war with North Korea by now.

And North Korea is much more oppression-istic state.

What has Iran done that North Korea hasn't? Infact, if the U.S are thinking about bombing Iran, you'd of expect them to have had another war with North Korea by now.

And North Korea is much more oppression-istic state.

What has Iran done that North Korea hasn't. They have done the non-testing of their non-completed nuclear weapon. Apparently, it is a worse crime to have people think you might be building a nuclear weapon than it is to actually build and test one.

I find it odd that if Iran were to develop these weapons, the U.S. government believes that they will use them to destroy Jerusalem, the third holiest city in Islam. If Iran really is run by a fanatical theocracy, why would said theocracy destroy one of the cities they deem as holy?

I find it odd that if Iran were to develop these weapons, the U.S. government believes that they will use them to destroy Jerusalem, the third holiest city in Islam. If Iran really is run by a fanatical theocracy, why would said theocracy destroy one of the cities they deem as holy?

And israel/Palestine is not even a large country. If a nuclear bomb was set off in another city other then Jerusalem, infrastructural damage to it is still very plausible considering the huge leap of destruction a nuclear bomb had in the 1940's to modern nukes. They'd also be killing many Palestinians too which they probably don't want to do.

The problem is the Zionists and their cohorts.

They want to hold on to the lands they conquered forever and Iran is not playing their game.

Everybody must join the Peace Process and talk until the cows come home - ask the Swiss cowherds.

The problem is the Zionists and their cohorts.

They want to hold on to the lands they conquered forever and Iran is not playing their game.

Everybody must join the Peace Process and talk until the cows come home - ask the Swiss cowherds.

It would surely be better than the current behavior, which seems to consist of aggressive rhetoric aimed at pushing Iran towarday a confrontation that benefits none.

When Iran talks tough, israel listens.

Any more land grabs and the folks of Tel Aviv might have to move house.

Without Iran, Palestinians could be a goner now.

Hence Iran is a top priority for the Zionists.

And israel/Palestine is not even a large country. If a nuclear bomb was set off in another city other then Jerusalem, infrastructural damage to it is still very plausible considering the huge leap of destruction a nuclear bomb had in the 1940's to modern nukes. They'd also be killing many Palestinians too which they probably don't want to do.

They could use smaller 'tactical' nuclear weapons, designed for battlefield use. Much more controllable and made to any power required.

Things seems to be ramping up now however. Todays news is not looking good:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16344102"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16344102[/url]

ron

They could use smaller 'tactical' nuclear weapons, designed for battlefield use. Much more controllable and made to any power required.

Things seems to be ramping up now however. Todays news is not looking good:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16344102"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16344102[/url]

ron

I saw that report last night. This is what prompted me to take a closer look at the IAEA report at the heart of this latest escalation.

The despicable Gogs & Magogs seem to cool off a bit - Mossad chief Pardo said that israel could live with Iran's existantial nuclear threat.

If the Straits of Hormuz is closed, oil could shoot up way past 200 doll a barrel.

The Zionist moneymakers have to decide how they're to make their money, in war or in peace.

The despicable Gogs & Magogs seem to cool off a bit - Mossad chief Pardo said that israel could live with Iran's existantial nuclear threat.

If the Straits of Hormuz is closed, oil could shoot up way past 200 doll a barrel.

The Zionist moneymakers have to decide how they're to make their money, in war or in peace.

Hopefully everyone will cool off a bit. It would be good for all if there was an improvement towards more peaceful coexistence.