Islamic Forum
Younes

Muslim Brotherhood Vows To Protect Churches

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.msn.co.nz/worldnews/8395962/egypt-islamists-vow-to-protect-churches"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.msn.co.nz/worldnews/8395962/eg...rotect-churches[/url]

PropellerAds
(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.msn.co.nz/worldnews/8395962/egypt-islamists-vow-to-protect-churches"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.msn.co.nz/worldnews/8395962/eg...rotect-churches[/url]

That is good. I wonder if Coptic Christians are worried about the future as a Wall Street Journal article suggests: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_online.wsj(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/SB10001424052970204336104577094641113037580.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_online.wsj(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/SB1000142405...1113037580.html[/url]

That is good. I wonder if Coptic Christians are worried about the future as a Wall Street Journal article suggests: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_online.wsj(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/SB10001424052970204336104577094641113037580.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_online.wsj(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/SB1000142405...1113037580.html[/url]

I thought the article was right until the end where it said "the Church might not survive what is coming" and "international interference". I thought that was a bit overboard. But other than that I think the article would represent the Copts worries because I think everybody in general is worried in Egypt now. I don't know. This is just my view. It is not based on any data, just a guess.

I also think it is a good move on part of the Muslim Brotherhood. The state/goverment needs to get involved more in this.

I thought the article was right until the end where it said "the Church might not survive what is coming" and "international interference". I thought that was a bit overboard. But other than that I think the article would represent the Copts worries because I think everybody in general is worried in Egypt now. I don't know. This is just my view. It is not based on any data, just a guess.

I think that reflects a sort of pessimism that is born from the fear and uncertainty of being a vulnerable minority who's well being is in the hands of others. I think if the Muslim Brotherhood can prove themselves to be a governing authority that can represent the entire population and not merely one subsection then these fears will subside. I think you are correct though, there certainly does seem to be a lot of uncertainty, even if the uncertainty also means there is the possibility of hope for the future as well.

The Muslim Brotherhood has an opportunity to do a better job than Mubarak and the Arab league when it comes to protecting the rights of the ancient coptic christian community. They should denounce all forms of intolerence, terrorism and prevent attacks and prosecute attackers. They will change the society for the better if there is rule of law when it comes to the killing, forced conversion or rape of Copts.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbahai(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/persecution/egypt/update"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbahai(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/persecution/egypt/update[/url]

This link is from 2007, the situation the Baha'is had with the prior Egyptian Government. The situation was rectified by 2009, but there were still many negative repurcussions from the 1960 Presidential Decree which formally outlawed the Baha'i Faith in Egypt. That law has never been rescinded.

It will be interesting to see what the new Egyptian Government really does according to human rights. Hopefully religious freedom will win.

Salamu Aleikom

The Churches of the coptics were allways protected for centeries. Why just now The Coptics started theire propaganda. If the Churches and the Coptics were endangered you should have seen it in the late events where there was no protection. if that was the case the muslim could take advantage of the situation and distroy all the churches but it s the opposit that happend the Muslim communities and organization protected the churches risking theire lives while the Christians stayed Home during the Revolution risking

Chenouda The third the pope of the christians wants power and this was his aim sins The Sadat president who Toke him off the Top of the church and put Some one else Cause He knew His goals.

Coptis in egypt have all kind of rights and enjoy life and they control a lot of the egyptia economy. The guy who says that Coptics are raped or forced to convert. I don't know where did he get this from. No one can be forced to change his belief. if you want to convert in egypt you have to go to the Azhar willingly and apply for a Certificate and according to the egyotian law they bring a Priest to talk to you and try to bring you back. lately the coptic church hold so many converts in theire protected Churches as prisoners and somtimes kill them.

In an Islamic state the houses of worship of other faiths must be protected. What is happening in Nigeria recently is wrong and unjustifiable