Islamic Forum
Wesley

Sex Slavery Bust Arrests Several Muslims In Uk

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344218/Asian-sex-gangs-Culture-silence-allows-grooming-white-girls-fear-racist.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...ear-racist.html[/url]

A series of articles showing young Muslim men in Europe arrested for running sex slave organizations, often using minors. I know this isn't the majority but despite the bias of media, the media usually does share facts, unless it is "state-run" media. I hope there will be an outreach program to help demonstrate how wrong and harmful this is to society, by Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Sex slavery is one of the biggest plagues of modern society and infringes upon the rights of young women throughout the world.

To combat this, first and foremost, the education and opportunities for women must increase.

Secondly, men need to be educated as to what equality and dignity mean for every person, and that women should not be treated differently.

Third, society has a responsibility to protect its youth from predators and those who have no respect for human life, such as the men arrested in the article. I hope they receive a maximum punishment the law allows.

I do wonder, are there such organizations in the countries of origin for these men which maybe go "unnoticed" or "unenforced" by local authorities?

PropellerAds

Perhaps. Prostitution and sex trafficking is quite rife in places like Dubai. Is it true that Islam allows sex with slave women? If I'm not mistaken, Prophet Muhammad had sex slaves - the Copt and the Jew???? Please correct if I am wrong. It's a known fact that slavery is allowed in Islam. Perhaps these beliefs are the root of mindsets among some men that infidel women can be captured and raped. I agree, the respect of (ALL) women should be taught to men when they are still boys.

Edited by missjupiter

Sex slavery is one of the biggest plagues of modern society and infringes upon the rights of young women throughout the world.

Yes it is, I did a law project on human trafficking last year - it is very surprising how global the issue is - where it is happening in countries you expect things like this don't happen. I myself am against human trafficking.It is very much related with other problems in society such as drugs. After the sales of arms and drugs, human trafficking makes the most money in the world and people seem to think slavery isn't a problem in the 21st century - it is just it is very much hidden. And it is a misconception that just young women are involved, young children, boys and girls are involved and even men although the minority. Despite the fact that the UN estimates about 2.5 million people are trafficked annually , many countries have failed to adapt legislation to combat this issue.

Also the UN has reports estimating the amount of money made by human trafficking - 31.6 billion dollars! Their research shows that the majority of this money is actually made in the industrialised world and actually if you look at their reports the middle east and north africa comes last making 4.7% of this money. The stereotype that human trafficking exists only in the middle east and places like Thailand are very worrying considering the evidence that shows it is everywhere.

Neither myself nor wesley have claimed that sex trafficking is unique to the middle East. I think we are all aware that it is a global issue. The fact that according to your statistics, sex trafficking and sex slavery in the ME only amounts to 10% of he trade does not change the fact that the attitude to sex crimes including sex trafficking is despicable - women getting raped by their employers and being punished instead for fornication, having their passports removed, etc. Some of the worst labor laws are in the ME (which may or may not have to do with the culture of slavery), and I think this contributes to the horrific cases of abuse of domestic workers.

"In his book, A Crime So Monstrous, journalist E. Benjamin Skinner points out that his $16 ticket to get into the Cyclone brothel actually bore the official stamp of the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce.

Skinner interviewed many of the prostitutes, some of them in their early teens. Most of them, seeking to escape desperate poverty in their homelands, were offered the chance to be smuggled into Dubai with the promise of jobs as maids, etc. Then the snakeheads (people smugglers) sold them to brothels and kept their passports.

Now they were trapped and powerless in a nightmare world. Some Eastern European women were kept in line by threats to murder their families back home.

Other women smuggled into Dubai do get jobs working in households. Again, their employers keep their passports. Again, they are utterly in the power of men who rape and beat them and pay no wages.

Some Dubai married men keep foreign sex slaves in special apartments popularly known as "shag pads." If a desperate captive woman flees, the "owner" - in an echo of the "runaway slave" advertisements in pre-Civil War USA - will run an "absconding servant" advertisement in Dubai newspapers. "

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetraisethehammer(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/781"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetraisethehammer(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/781[/url]

Edited by missjupiter

Yup.. in my original post I did say "throughout the world."

The stereotype that human trafficking exists only in the middle east and places like Thailand are very worrying considering the evidence that shows it is everywhere.

I dont disagree that you did not accuse myself or Wesley of that, I was merely clarifying. Personally I hold the opinion that while the ME is gaining notoriety for sex trafficking, most sex traffickers and sex tourist source women are interested in markets such as Brazil, Thailand especially, Europe and the U.S. - although not limited to these countries... It's very sad.

A series of articles showing young Muslim men in Europe arrested for running sex slave organizations, often using minors.

How helpful, or accurate, is this description? I mean, I think it is fairly common knowledge that this isn't condoned by Islam, and so I have to wonder why is it that their nominal religious identity is what is being used to describe them instead of either their country of origin or their ethnic background? Isn't this how it is done with non-Muslim offenders? If a German criminal ring is conducting sex trafficking in Sweden, does anyone bother to mention that they might go to Catholic mass on occasion or are Protestant?

Aside from that, yes it is a terrible problem and I am glad to see that these fellows were caught and will no longer be perpetrating this crime.

How helpful, or accurate, is this description? I mean, I think it is fairly common knowledge that this isn't condoned by Islam, and so I have to wonder why is it that their nominal religious identity is what is being used to describe them instead of either their country of origin or their ethnic background? Isn't this how it is done with non-Muslim offenders? If a German criminal ring is conducting sex trafficking in Sweden, does anyone bother to mention that they might go to Catholic mass on occasion or are Protestant?

Aside from that, yes it is a terrible problem and I am glad to see that these fellows were caught and will no longer be perpetrating this crime.

right on.

Sad Clown perhaps you can help me. If I am not mistaken slavery of non-Muslims is allowed in Islam and so is sex with slaves. I read that Muhammad had Jewish and Christian sex-slaves so is it compatible or incompatible with Islam??? I'd like to understand better.

right on.

Sad Clown perhaps you can help me. If I am not mistaken slavery of non-Muslims is allowed in Islam and so is sex with slaves. I read that Muhammad had Jewish and Christian sex-slaves so is it compatible or incompatible with Islam??? I'd like to understand better.

That would seem to be the case on both counts. I just recently had a discussion on the matter here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=736518"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=736518[/url]

I am sure that there are restrictions on both practices, such as that slaves are only acquired during war, although I am not sure how female slaves are acquired during a war. There may be restrictions on having sex with your slave as well, although I don't know them. Hopefully one of the Muslim forum members here can give us more information on the matter. You do bring up a good point. I wonder what restriction regarding slavery and sex with slaves these fellows have violated.

That would seem to be the case on both counts. I just recently had a discussion on the matter here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=736518"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=736518[/url]

I am sure that there are restrictions on both practices, such as that slaves are only acquired during war, although I am not sure how female slaves are acquired during a war. There may be restrictions on having sex with your slave as well, although I don't know them. Hopefully one of the Muslim forum members here can give us more information on the matter. You do bring up a good point. I wonder what restriction regarding slavery and sex with slaves these fellows have violated.

Yes, I hope that they may assist. May a non-Muslim woman be enslaved only during war or upon refusal to accept Islam? I know that a Muslim cannot be made a slave, but a non-Muslim can. The answer will be very interesting because Muslim slave traders enslaved non-Muslims without there being an ongoing war, and without in many cases asking them to convert to Islam...

Thank you for your response.

In Islamic jurisprudence, slavery was an exceptional condition, with the general rule being a presumption of freedom (al-'asl huwa 'l-hurriya — "The basic principle is liberty") for a person if his or her origins were unknown,[2] though enslavement was sanctioned by God as punishment for unbelief.[37] Lawful enslavement was restricted to two instances: capture in war (on the condition that the prisoner is not a Muslim), or birth in slavery. Islamic law did not recognize the classes of slave from pre-Islamic Arabia including those sold or given into slavery by themselves and others, and those indebted into slavery.[2] Though a free Muslim could not be enslaved, conversion to Islam by a non-Muslim slave did not require that he or she then should be liberated. Slave status was not affected by conversion to Islam.[38]

Slave women were required mainly as concubines and menials. A Muslim slaveholder was entitled by law to the sexual enjoyment of his slave women. While free women might own male slaves, they had no such right.[61] The purchase of female slaves for sex was lawful from the perspective of Islamic law, and this was the most common motive for the purchase of slaves throughout Islamic history.[62]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Islamic_views_on_slavery"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Islamic_views_on_slavery[/url]

This snippet is informative, but hopefully a Muslim member of this site can answer the rest of my questions.

Edited by missjupiter

Slave women were required mainly as concubines and menials. A Muslim slaveholder was entitled by law to the sexual enjoyment of his slave women. While free women might own male slaves, they had no such right.[61] The purchase of female slaves for sex was lawful from the perspective of Islamic law, and this was the most common motive for the purchase of slaves throughout Islamic history.[62]

Hmm. That is a little more exploitative of female slaves than I had thought Islam sanctioned. Perhaps I was mistaken, as I thought there might have been some restrictions on having sex with female slaves, but this seems to indicate that there wasn't any, at least not for the owner of the slave. The purchase of slaves for sex being lawful was also not something I had anticipated being sanctioned. Now I really am curious if this is true, and if so, what Islamic principle the gentlemen in the original story violated, if any. I suppose it is the war clause (or that they were not non-Muslim?), but if so, that seems like a rather weak condemnation of the practice, that the only reason it is condemned was because these women were not captured in war.

Slaves, male or female, can only be acquired through war and the Caliph must allow slaves to be kept. The Caliph can set the people captured in war free if he wants.

Making women prostitutes is illegal, even if they are slaves:

And force not your slave-girls to prostitution, if they desire chastity, in order that you may make a gain in the goods of this worldly life. But if anyone compels them, then after such compulsion, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (24:33)

Making women prostitutes is illegal, even if they are slaves:

That is good that women are not forced to be prostitutes. Is there any protection against them being sold to another man who wants to have sex with her? What if sex traffickers only dealt with men who wanted to buy women for their own personal use? Would there be anything against this in Islam?

And force not your slave-girls to prostitution, if they desire chastity, in order that you may make a gain in the goods of this worldly life. But if anyone compels them, then after such compulsion, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (24:33)

I got a little confused when I read this. Is Allah being oft-forgiving and merciful to the women being compelled or to the men compelling her?

That is good that women are not forced to be prostitutes. Is there any protection against them being sold to another man who wants to have sex with her? What if sex traffickers only dealt with men who wanted to buy women for their own personal use? Would there be anything against this in Islam?

There is still the issue of how slaves are acquired. These peope are not enslaved through warfare. Often they are enslaved through deception, drugs and other tactics which don't conform with Islam. Slaves cannot be forced into sex. However, they can be sold. I don't think you will find the solution to this sex-trafficking problem by looking at Islamic laws, though.

I got a little confused when I read this. Is Allah being oft-forgiving and merciful to the women being compelled or to the men compelling her?

To the women.

Even if she is an unbeliever?

An unbelieving woman wouldn't be held accountable either if she was coerced into prostitution.

There is still the issue of how slaves are acquired. These peope are not enslaved through warfare. Often they are enslaved through deception, drugs and other tactics which don't conform with Islam. Slaves cannot be forced into sex. However, they can be sold. I don't think you will find the solution to this sex-trafficking problem by looking at Islamic laws, though.

So, the sort of behavior (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=737748&view=findpost&p=1252060"]I described earlier[/url] would not violate Islam so long as the women sold were unbelievers and captured from an enemy at war with Islam? Is that correct?

To the women.

Thanks, that makes sense with how it seemed to me. I was just uncertain that I was reading it correctly and didn't want to jump to any conclusions.

Is refusal to accept Islam a justifiable reason for ensalving someone? Can someone be enslaved mearly due to the fact that they are not Muslims? I'd just like some clarity please. Thank you.

Is refusal to accept Islam a justifiable reason for ensalving someone? Can someone be enslaved mearly due to the fact that they are not Muslims? I'd just like some clarity please. Thank you.

No, refusal to accept Islam while you and or others in your country/people are fighting Muslims is what justifies enslaving you. That and being born to a slave. At least that is what I have gotten from various discussions.

No, refusal to accept Islam while you and or others in your country/people are fighting Muslims is what justifies enslaving you.

allow me to clarify this, not by country but by fighting armies, who are in the army that fights, not any others who may be inslaved. and that was the whole world laws long ago before molems and applied to the moslems too

allow me to clarify this, not by country but by fighting armies, who are in the army that fights, not any others who may be inslaved. and that was the whole world laws long ago before molems and applied to the moslems too

Then how were women slaves obtained? I didn't realize there significant numbers of women in the military when Muhammad was alive.

Salaam

Then how were women slaves obtained? I didn't realize there significant numbers of women in the military when Muhammad was alive.

Women were not soldiers. But they were in the vicinity of battles, whether in a town, city or the desert.

A few women participated in battle. These women, though not many, were in power at that time, were able to give commands, or simply observed the soldiers in the battlefield. A notable example of this is Hind Bint Otbah (Abu Sufian's wife, Muawiah's mother and Yazeed's grand mother), who was an enemy of the Muslims, during the Prophet's time.

Women were mainly observers. Some cheered and motivated the soldiers during battle.

Some were slaves of their masters who went to battle, and they came to the battlefield, to observe their masters fight.

Others nursed the injuries incurred by soldiers during battle, or gave them food and water.

These women were part of the battle, though they did not fight. If a Muslim army were to overpower the enemy lines, these women could be caught as prisoners of war and subsequently became slaves of the Muslims.

At least this is how I understand it, and Allah knows best.