Islamic Forum
Wesley

Sex Slavery Bust Arrests Several Muslims In Uk

Would such a rule still be in place in today's world? From what I understand, the taking of slaves has not been forbidden although it has not been practiced recently.

PropellerAds
Would such a rule still be in place in today's world? From what I understand, the taking of slaves has not been forbidden although it has not been practiced recently.

Nowadays, Muslim armies and military factions practise prisoner exchange, i.e. a ransom is set for the freedom of captives, or the captives are exchanged for Muslim captives caught by the enemy. You're right, slavery is not practised.

It was not outrightly forbidden in Islam, as it was an option that was kept open to Muslim armies with regards to the treatment of captives in war. The good treatment of slaves and the freeing of these slaves is also highly encouraged.

Would it still be a rule today? To my knowledge it is permitted, just not generally practised. Honestly, this is a better system, compared to what we have today i.e. the inhumane treatment of prisoners of war.

With relation to this topic, I don't get why Islam is at trial here.

Nobody knows the intentions of the Muslims involved in the UK sex slavery case. Was it said anywhere in the media that they did so based on their understanding of Islam?

Could it be that they just could not control their desires, and wanted to take advantage of women caught in a helpless situation?

Human history is tainted with slavery. But I don't judge a man guilty of having sex slaves today, based on his faith, culture or his country's history. I judge him based on his personal convictions and actions.

Thank 'Goodness' then that we have the good 'ol 'impartial' Daily Mail to expose these stories regarding: Asians, Benefit Cheat, Unmarried Mothers, Fox Attacks ..... and other agenda stories close to your readership's 'hearts'.

- Steve, Birmingham, 5/1/2011 11:00

Classic LOL.

Also, the article doesn't mention the word "Muslim" once, why did you add it then?

"In total, 56 people, with an average age of 28, were found guilty of crimes including rape, child abduction, indecent assault and sex with a child.

Three of the 56 were white, 53 were Asian. Of those, 50 were Muslim and a majority were members of the British Pakistani community. "

Read more: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344218/Asian-sex-gangs-Culture-silence-allows-grooming-white-girls-fear-racist.html#ixzz1lNJO4JnU"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...l#ixzz1lNJO4JnU[/url]

I didn't add the word Muslim. I posted this article to see the reaction those in the forum would have. It is a topic for discussion. I clearly demonstrated in my following post that this isn't just an issue in Islam and that the majority would not approve this action. I posted for a discussion. Not once did I attack Islam.

Instead of refuting the content of the article, perhaps thoughts about how to prevent the sexual abuse and exploitation of young girls would be more beneficial. Or a discussion about how such actions within the British Pakistani community adds more negative press to a religion already under attack. Or a discussion as to how to promote education to British Pakistani males, or other males, as to the rights and respect of women, regardless of their ethnicity or religion. Why not discuss these points instead of trying to deny something horrible that happened?

Allah does not condone rape and sexual slavery.

"In total, 56 people, with an average age of 28, were found guilty of crimes including rape, child abduction, indecent assault and sex with a child.

Three of the 56 were white, 53 were Asian. Of those, 50 were Muslim and a majority were members of the British Pakistani community. "

Read more: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344218/Asian-sex-gangs-Culture-silence-allows-grooming-white-girls-fear-racist.html#ixzz1lNJO4JnU"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...l#ixzz1lNJO4JnU[/url]

There's no mistake about this act as one that is heinous and disgraceful.

I'd have to say though, that your phrasing, or should I say, the dailymail's phrasing of the perpetrators of this crime, is interesting. They are divided into 3 groups, and 2 of them are identified as ethnic groups. The third one is defined by the Islamic faith.

Why are Muslims only identified by their faith in the article? Are whites and Asians presumably atheist? Why aren't they identified by their respective faiths?

Does the cultural or religous background of the perpetrartors really matter in this case? Was this crime racially motivated?

As to your other points, yes I agree that more education and public awareness needs to be created among men, about the rights and respect of women.