Islamic Forum
Lordchaos

Allah And Jehovah

Since Islam consider Abraham and Mose to be prophets "approved" by God, I wonder what the connection is between Allah and Jehovah, the God of Abraham and Mose? Is it the very same God?

PropellerAds
Since Islam consider Abraham and Mose to be prophets "approved" by God, I wonder what the connection is between Allah and Jehovah, the God of Abraham and Mose? Is it the very same God?

Muslims believe that there is only one God whom we call Allah. People may call Allah different names such as God or Jehovah but we still believe that He is One and there is not more than one god. I hope that helps you understand.

Muslims believe that there is only one God whom we call Allah. People may call Allah different names such as God or Jehovah but we still believe that He is One and there is not more than one god. I hope that helps you understand.
Christians believe God is one, but Christians don't believe the Allah in the Quran is the same as Jehovah or Ywhw in the Bible. Christians believe Allah and Isa in the Quran are different than the God and Jesus in the Bible.

Never the twain shall meet in truth and unity.

Christians believe God is one, but Christians don't believe the Allah in the Quran is the same as Jehovah or Ywhw in the Bible. Christians believe Allah and Isa in the Quran are different than the God and Jesus in the Bible.

Never the twain shall meet in truth and unity.

No, some Christians believe as you believe. Other Christians believe differently. It is amazing how emaciated your definition of Christianity is.

No, some Christians believe as you believe. Other Christians believe differently. It is amazing how emaciated your definition of Christianity is.
What Christians? It is written, "God's strength is made prefect in weakness!" Edited by BurningLight

Even the Mormon Church had labelled Muhammad as a Prophet or man of God. I had attended a sermon by a church (non-denominational) where the pastor even mentioned the fulfillment of the promise to Ishmael through Muhammad. Definitely those in Christianity who do their research do not doubt Muslims and Christians worship the same God.

Think about it. If you believe there is only one God, how could you acknowledge someone believes in another God? It would be a contradiction because saying there is another God, even if you consider that God fake or irrelevant, makes a duplicity or multiplicity of Gods. No matter the name of God, no matter the language preferred, God is One.

What Christians? It is written, "God's strength is made prefect in weakness!"

Well, it's a good thing God's got you on his side, his divinely appointed arbitrator of all things Authentically Christian™. It's been too long since we've had a real thinning of the herd, so to speak.

Well, it's a good thing God's got you on his side, his divinely appointed arbitrator of all things Authentically Christian. It's been too long since we've had a real thinning of the herd, so to speak.
You are intitled to your interpretation of the Scriptures. I didn't write the Bible.

You are intitled to your interpretation of the Scriptures. I didn't write the Bible.

No, but you sure as heck can interpret it in the most ungenerous manner possible. Huzzah for you.

No, but you sure as heck can interpret it in the most ungenerous manner possible. Huzzah for you.
Jesus is the one that said the way to destruction is board or wide and many go that way and that the way to life is straight and narrow and few find it. He said He is the only way. The Scriptures are not generous with different modes to heaven Edited by BurningLight

Even the Mormon Church had labelled Muhammad as a Prophet or man of God. I had attended a sermon by a church (non-denominational) where the pastor even mentioned the fulfillment of the promise to Ishmael through Muhammad. Definitely those in Christianity who do their research do not doubt Muslims and Christians worship the same God.

Think about it. If you believe there is only one God, how could you acknowledge someone believes in another God? It would be a contradiction because saying there is another God, even if you consider that God fake or irrelevant, makes a duplicity or multiplicity of Gods. No matter the name of God, no matter the language preferred, God is One.

I didn't say Muhammad wasn't a prophet nor will I say that Joseph Smith was not a prophet. Both Muhammad and Joseph Smith received relevation in as similar fashion. The Church of the Latter Day Saints is a cult. Islam is not. During pre-Islamic times, they believed in 360 deities.

Edited by BurningLight

Jesus is the one that said the way to destruction is board or wide and many go that way and that the way to life is straight and narrow and few find it. He said He is the only way. The Scriptures are not generous with different modes to heaven

You can't use those verses to prove that your narrow sectarian beliefs are any more legitimately Christian than other denominations or traditions. For all you know, the few who find it will be evenly distributed from all branches of Christianity.

You can't use those verses to prove that your narrow sectarian beliefs are any more legitimately Christian than other denominations or traditions. For all you know, the few who find it will be evenly distributed from all branches of Christianity.
I am not using those verses to prove any such a thing. I believe the Chruch of God consists of many different Christian denominations all over the globe. As far as those that wear denominational tags, they will simply fall off in heaven and burn off in hell if they end up or should I say down there.

I hope we are clear on this now! According to Christianity and Islam, you're the one with the problem friend!

Edited by BurningLight

As a defense to Islam, any Messenger which God sent would bring a clear path to Heaven. This would include Jesus in theory, although I've never heard a Muslim say Jesus Christ was sent with a clear path to Heaven.

God's way in dealing is the same as it always had been. He sends a Messenger for man's salvation.

I am not using those verses to prove any such a thing. I believe the Chruch of God consists of many different Christian denominations all over the globe. As far as those that wear denominational tags, they will simply fall off in heaven and burn off in hell if they end up or should I say down there.

I hope we are clear on this now! According to Christianity and Islam your the one with the problem friend!

You're the one weeding out Christians from True Christianity™ on the basis of doctrinal beliefs: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=737750&view=findpost&p=1252699"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&sh...t&p=1252699[/url]

I'm just calling you on it.

You're the one weeding out Christians from True Christianity on the basis of doctrinal beliefs: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=737750&view=findpost&p=1252699"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&sh...t&p=1252699[/url]

I'm just calling you on it.

That is fine, but I am not doing that. You are misunderstanding me. I was sincere asking you what Christians were you referring to? What Christians are saying differently than what I said? When you tell me who they are, then I can do the weeding, but how can you accuse me of weeding before it is done? It is written. "The spiritual man judges all things, but he is not judged of any man." If you are referring to Mormons they are not Biblical Christians nor are Jehovah Witnesses. Were you referring to someone else or them as Christians? I like for you to call me on what I say about Christian doctrine especially. Edited by BurningLight

It depends on who you talk to. People of the Judeo-Christian faiths may accept that Muslims worship YHWH or they may deny it or raise questions. Some wonder why God's name in Islam is Allah whereas He told Moses his name is YHWH forever. Others also raise questions about the differences in the nature or 'personality' of God in the Bible vs the Quran. Muslims and Jews and Christians believe that their God created the Universe and is the One and Only God.

I once read a book where it said that in pre-revolutionary Russia, Orthodox Christians would make the sign of the cross on themselves when passing a Masjid, because God was worshipped there. It is a sign of honour.

Then again, I don't think the Greeks would ... bit too much history ...

Richard

Good point!

Look at it this way. If you were told there is a person that lives on the top floor who has a son that has a gift for you, but you must get it from his son that lives just to the right of him. So you go up to the top floor and a man opens the his door and asks who are you looking for? You tell him and the man says there is a man that lives to the left of me that has 3 daughters and no son and there is another man to the right of me that has no daughters or sons could they all be the same person? If the description doesn't match, how can it be the same person? Edited by BurningLight

Look at it this way. If you were told there is a person that lives on the top floor who has a son that has a gift for you, but you must get it from his son that lives just to the right of him. So you go up to the top floor and a man opens the his door and asks who are you looking for? You tell him and the man says there is a man that lives to the left of me that has 3 daughters and no son and there is another man to the right of me that has no daughters or sons could they all be the same person? If the description doesn't match, how can it be the same person?

Why would you judge the their Divine station based upon their human attributes? The human attribute causes a difference in personality despite the Divine station being the same.

I imagine you would have a hard time recognizing Jesus when He comes again.

Why would you judge the their Divine station based upon their human attributes? The human attribute causes a difference in personality despite the Divine station being the same.

I imagine you would have a hard time recognizing Jesus when He comes again.

I used human attributes because I am human. Life on earth is a physical manifestation of what goes on in the spiritual realm. If there weren't a pararell then we wouldn't be able to relate to the spiritual realm at all. What does that have to do with me recognizing Jesus when he comes? What makes you say I would have a hard time? Everyone will recognize Him when He comes according to Scriptrure. Some will be see Him with joy and be caught up to meet Him in the air; others will be in shear terror at the sight, but all will bow and confess Jesus is Lord to the glory of God regardless of their eternal destination!

Edited by BurningLight

But didn't Jesus come from Heaven the first time?

6:41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

6:42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? 6:43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

(King James Bible, John)

If it were so obvious, why did the Pharisees not believe Jesus came from heaven the first time?

The purpose of this section is shown right on top of the page:

This section is for non-Muslims to post any basic questions they may have about Islam.

Since the Topic is not serving the purpose the Thread is closed.

umAhmad.