Islamic Forum
missjupiter

"israel Is Not Committing Genocide"

The views of the author:

"The most important figures -- established with academic certainty -- are these: Approximately 15,000 have been killed over the course of the israeli-Palestinian conflict. This number is accurate within a couple of thousand, and includes all Jewish and Palestinian fatalities: civilians and combatants. The number of innocent Palestinian civilians killed since 1948 is in the four figures.

These numbers have been calculated by rigorous institutions, whose sympathies lie with the Palestinian cause: They are not contested by serious scholars. I confess that I was amazed at just how low these figures are -- I found myself returning to the data again and again to check that I had not misread them. (I urge you to do so as well.) Hence, I can hardly condemn others for not pursuing them more rigorously, even if they have swallowed a vastly more bloated distortion. "

"israel is not in the same league as the world's genocidal nations. It is not in the same moral universe. It does not matter whether you use the term "genocide" accurately, or loosely, or incorrectly. To apply this term to israel -- in any imaginable sense of the word -- is slander.

If you obsess about israel's supposedly murderous nature, yet feel neutral about Guatemala, Angola, Brazil, Mozambique, Nigeria, Indonesia, etc. -- each of which (though arguably not guilty of genocide) is responsible for the outright massacre of at least 100,000 innocent civilians -- then you are a bigot. You may not be an anti-Semite. But you have a problem with Jews. "

"Because israel has been conflated with the most vicious regimes in history -- the Mongol Empire, the Third Reich -- many simply assume that every atrocity in the area must be a Jewish act. When an israeli couple and their children, including a baby, were stabbed to death on the Sabbath while sleeping, Huffington Post user Anbreen -- who can always be counted on to explain Zionism -- argued that the murderer "could be a settler. Quite few [sic] of those people are whet [sic] would be called 'monsters' or 'criminall­y insane' in the US."

Surely they can be expected to murder sleeping Jews during the Sabbath. I urge you to read the entire conversation. Agreement all around.

Hamas took no credit for the butchery, but expressed "full support." When two Palestinians confessed that they had murdered the family, and had no regrets, Anbreen fell silent. Not a word from the once-eager claque. Not a single apology, despite the sickening depth of the libel.

If you put out the lie that a nation is genocidal, you strengthen its enemies. You weaken its friends. You convince otherwise well-meaning liberals that they are allied to a monster, that they enable this monster and its genocidal weaponry. Decent people do not wish to be complicit in genocide. Decent people cut off funding."

"Yes, al-Naqba, the "Disaster,­­" was caused directly by tactics now embraced by Finkelstei­­n: the deliberate inflation of atrocities­­.

Deir Yassin was vile, and unforgivab­­le: Jewish terrorists butchered about 120 peaceful villagers­­. Pregnant women, however, were not raped; their bellies were not slit open. We have Palestinia­­n testimony, on video, to the *fact* (not the opinion) that the atrocity was deliberate­­ly embellishe­­d in order to inspire resistance­­. Hazem Nusseibeh was the editor at the Palestine Broadcasti­­ng Service who put out the exaggerate­­d report:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_######­­.youtube.­c­om/watch­?v­=GkhSHi­wza­IY"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_######­­.youtube.­c­om/watch­?v­=GkhSHi­wza­IY[/url]

"I asked Dr. Khalidi (Hussein Khalidi, a Palestinia­­n leader) how we should cover the story. He said, 'We must make the most of this.' So he wrote a press release stating that at Deir Yassin children were murdered, pregnant women were raped: all sorts of atrocities­­."

Abu Mahmoud, an eyewitness from Deir Yassin, reports that villagers objected: "We said, 'There was no rape.' He said, 'We have to say this, so the Arab armies will come to liberate Palestine from the Jews.'"

Deir Yassin was worse than a sin. It disgraced our people. The magnificat­­ion of that atrocity, however, was a catastroph­­e: it became THE Catastroph­­e. Nusseibeh admits as much: "This was our biggest mistake. We did not realize how our people would react. As soon as they heard that women had been raped at Deir Yassin, Palestinia­­ns fled in terror. They ran away from all our villages."

You can read the rest here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethuffingtonpost.ca/douglas-anthony-cooper/israel-genocide_b_1169993.html?ref=Islam&just_reloaded=1"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethuffingtonpost.ca/douglas-antho...just_reloaded=1[/url]

Who agrees and who disagrees with him? Is israel unfairly accused of genocide? Are some people exxaggerating/demonising israel?

Edited by missjupiter

PropellerAds
The views of the author:

"The most important figures -- established with academic certainty -- are these: Approximately 15,000 have been killed over the course of the israeli-Palestinian conflict. This number is accurate within a couple of thousand, and includes all Jewish and Palestinian fatalities: civilians and combatants. The number of innocent Palestinian civilians killed since 1948 is in the four figures.

These numbers have been calculated by rigorous institutions, whose sympathies lie with the Palestinian cause: They are not contested by serious scholars. I confess that I was amazed at just how low these figures are -- I found myself returning to the data again and again to check that I had not misread them. (I urge you to do so as well.) Hence, I can hardly condemn others for not pursuing them more rigorously, even if they have swallowed a vastly more bloated distortion. "

"israel is not in the same league as the world's genocidal nations. It is not in the same moral universe. It does not matter whether you use the term "genocide" accurately, or loosely, or incorrectly. To apply this term to israel -- in any imaginable sense of the word -- is slander.

If you obsess about israel's supposedly murderous nature, yet feel neutral about Guatemala, Angola, Brazil, Mozambique, Nigeria, Indonesia, etc. -- each of which (though arguably not guilty of genocide) is responsible for the outright massacre of at least 100,000 innocent civilians -- then you are a bigot. You may not be an anti-Semite. But you have a problem with Jews. "

"Because israel has been conflated with the most vicious regimes in history -- the Mongol Empire, the Third Reich -- many simply assume that every atrocity in the area must be a Jewish act. When an israeli couple and their children, including a baby, were stabbed to death on the Sabbath while sleeping, Huffington Post user Anbreen -- who can always be counted on to explain Zionism -- argued that the murderer "could be a settler. Quite few [sic] of those people are whet [sic] would be called 'monsters' or 'criminall­y insane' in the US."

Surely they can be expected to murder sleeping Jews during the Sabbath. I urge you to read the entire conversation. Agreement all around.

Hamas took no credit for the butchery, but expressed "full support." When two Palestinians confessed that they had murdered the family, and had no regrets, Anbreen fell silent. Not a word from the once-eager claque. Not a single apology, despite the sickening depth of the libel.

If you put out the lie that a nation is genocidal, you strengthen its enemies. You weaken its friends. You convince otherwise well-meaning liberals that they are allied to a monster, that they enable this monster and its genocidal weaponry. Decent people do not wish to be complicit in genocide. Decent people cut off funding."

"Yes, al-Naqba, the "Disaster,­­" was caused directly by tactics now embraced by Finkelstei­­n: the deliberate inflation of atrocities­­.

Deir Yassin was vile, and unforgivab­­le: Jewish terrorists butchered about 120 peaceful villagers­­. Pregnant women, however, were not raped; their bellies were not slit open. We have Palestinia­­n testimony, on video, to the *fact* (not the opinion) that the atrocity was deliberate­­ly embellishe­­d in order to inspire resistance­­. Hazem Nusseibeh was the editor at the Palestine Broadcasti­­ng Service who put out the exaggerate­­d report:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_######­­.youtube.­c­om/watch­?v­=GkhSHi­wza­IY"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_######­­.youtube.­c­om/watch­?v­=GkhSHi­wza­IY[/url]

"I asked Dr. Khalidi (Hussein Khalidi, a Palestinia­­n leader) how we should cover the story. He said, 'We must make the most of this.' So he wrote a press release stating that at Deir Yassin children were murdered, pregnant women were raped: all sorts of atrocities­­."

Abu Mahmoud, an eyewitness from Deir Yassin, reports that villagers objected: "We said, 'There was no rape.' He said, 'We have to say this, so the Arab armies will come to liberate Palestine from the Jews.'"

Deir Yassin was worse than a sin. It disgraced our people. The magnificat­­ion of that atrocity, however, was a catastroph­­e: it became THE Catastroph­­e. Nusseibeh admits as much: "This was our biggest mistake. We did not realize how our people would react. As soon as they heard that women had been raped at Deir Yassin, Palestinia­­ns fled in terror. They ran away from all our villages."

You can read the rest here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethuffingtonpost.ca/douglas-anthony-cooper/israel-genocide_b_1169993.html?ref=Islam&just_reloaded=1"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethuffingtonpost.ca/douglas-antho...just_reloaded=1[/url]

Who agrees and who disagrees with him? Is israel unfairly accused of genocide? Are some people exxaggerating/demonising israel?

After reading the whole artical and following this from afar is israel commiting genocide? No. There are always exxagerations in conflicts (no specific examples Just observation and experience from being in the military) and they can go bolth ways. On the same note neither side does the other any favors. The question is will it ever stop?

I think the more accurate term is ethnic cleansing, not genocide.

Interesting... Do you agree with the author that the situation has been blown out of proportion or not?

Depends on what description is being used. Genocide is probably out of proportion, but I could see a good case being made for ethnic cleansing, considering the massive displacement of peoples which seems to be continuing even today with the creeping border of the West Bank.