Islamic Forum
ParadiseLost

Prophet Muhammad And Love.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:

Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.

(Sahih Muslim Book 32: No.6214)

This is a good one to think about. How many times have we found ourselves in a situation where we start to be suspicious about how a person feels towards us...we start to talk like - she/he did this and I think it means this or she/he said this and what did they really mean by this. Sometimes we get really wound up in all these type of suspicious thoughts. Especially for married couples suspicion can have a really devastating effect. Suspicion can also lead to gossip because if one person tells a person about their suspicious feelings of another person then all of a sudden these thoughts are related as true to other people ..because person A said so.

Also suspicion has had a really negative effect on the Muslim community in recent years - especially after 9/11 where people have become suspicious of Muslims or someone who looks like a Muslim. But this is just one example of how people in the world become suspicious of one another - this type of thing exists in many communities where people are suspicious of people from a different race, where people are suspicious of poor people etc.

Being too inquisitive about other peoples business causes one to become nosy - like why are they going out at this time, what is that neighbour doing across the road, etc etc. I am sure many of us know a spy/gossip in our area who wants to know everyone elses life and is always aware of what is going on - but nobody really likes a person like this. We shouldn't want to be the gossip of our community.

Edited by Lost_In_Paradise

The Prophet (SAWS) said

"Shall I tell you who is kept away from Hell and from whom Hell is kept away?" He then said "From everyone who is gentle and kind, approachable and of easy disposition"

[Tirmidhi, 1315]

Prophet Muhammad pbuh didn't want special treatment from people just because he was a Prophet. I think this type of behaviour many people of the world today would benefit from...there are so many people in high positions in society who expect to be treated better than others and look down on others who don't have the same status as them especially with regards to socio-economic or political status. We should always do our best to avoid arrogance and consider others.

'Amrah Radiyallahu 'Anha reports that someone asked 'Aayeshah Radiyallahu 'Anha. "What was the usual practice of Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam at home?" She replied: "He was a human from among other humans. He himself removed the lice from his clothing, milked his goats, and did all his work himself". ( Il Tirmidhi Book 46 No 13)

Anas bin Maalik Radiyallahu 'Anhu reports: "No one was more beloved to the Sahaabah than Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam. When they saw him they did not stand up, knowing that he did not approve of it" ( il Tirmidhi Book 46 No 6 )

Ibn 'Abbaas Radiyallahu 'Anhu says:

"Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam was the most generous among people in performing good deeds (No one could compare with him in generosity. He himself led a simple life, but in giving he would put a king to shame. At a time of great need a woman presented him a sheet, and he wore it as he was in need of it. A person came to him, and asked him for it, he presented the sheet to that person. Taking of loans and fulfilling the needs of others, when the creditors came, and if something had come from somewhere, he would pay the debts, and did not go home till everything was given to the needy. There exists many incidents of this nature, so much so that it is not possible to enumerate them). Particularly in the month of Ramadaan, he would be more generous till the month ended. (His generosity in this month exceeded all the other months). In this month when Jibra-eel 'Alayhis Salaam came and recited the Qur-aan to Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam, at that time his generosity exceeded the wind that brings forth heavy rains".

( Il Tirmidhi Chapter 47 Number 11)

Narrated By Abdullah Ibn 'Amr

A man asked the prophet (SAWS) what sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good? He (SAWS) replied "to feed the poor, greet those whom you know and those whom you do not know.

[bukhari]

off topic, sister you changed your name right? how comes?

off topic, sister you changed your name right? how comes?

Brother the new forum layout works better if usernames are under 13 characters long so unfortunately I had to change but its ok

The importance of sharing can be identified in the following hadith:

Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Abu Bakr: We were one-hundred and thirty persons accompanying the Prophet who asked us whether anyone of us had food. There was a man who had about a Sa of wheat which was mixed with water then. A very tall pagan came driving sheep. The Prophet asked him, "Will you sell us (a sheep) or give it as a present?" He said, "I will sell you (a sheep)." The Prophet bought a sheep and it was slaughtered. The Prophet ordered that its liver and other abdominal organs be roasted. By Allah, the Prophet gave every person of the one-hundred-and-thirty a piece of that; he gave all those of them who were present; and kept the shares of those who were absent.The Prophet then put its meat in two huge basins and all of them ate to their fill, and even then more food was left in the two basins which were carried on the camel (or said something like it).

Sahih Bukhari Book 47 No. 787.

Muhammad pbuh was also a peacemaker

Narrated Sahl bin Sad: Once the people of Quba fought with each other till they threw stones on each other. When Allah's Apostle was informed about it, he said, "Let us go to bring about a reconciliation between them."

Sahih Bukhari Book 49 No.858

Again the importance of sharing is shown here, even if it is something small

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Abu Talha said to Um Sulaim, "I have heard the voice of Allah's Apostle which was feeble, and I think that he is hungry. Have you got something (to eat)?" She took out some loaves of barley bread, then took her face-covering sheet and wrapped the bread in part of it, and pushed it under my garment and turned the rest of it around my body and sent me to Allah's Apostle . I went with that, and found Allah's Apostle in the Masjid with some people. I stood up near them, and Allah's Apostle asked me, "Have you been sent by Abu Talha?" I said, "Yes." He asked, "With some food (for us)?" I said, "Yes." Then Allah's Apostle said to all those who were with him, "Get up!" He set out (and all the people accompanied him) and I proceeded ahead of them till I came to Abu Talha. Abu Talha then said, "O Um Sulaim! Allah's Apostle has arrived along with the people, and we do not have food enough to feed them all." She said, "Allah and His Apostle know better." So Abu Talha went out till he met Allah's Apostle. Then Abu Talha and Allah's Apostle came and entered the house. Allah's Apostle said, "Um Sulaim ! Bring whatever you have." She brought that very bread. The Prophet ordered that it be crushed into small pieces, and Um Sulaim pressed a skin of butter on it. Then Allah's Apostle said whatever Allah wished him to say (to bless the food) and then added, "Admit ten (men)." So they were admitted, ate their fill and went out. The Prophet then said, "Admit ten (more)." They were admitted, ate their full, and went out. He then again said, "Admit ten more!" They were admitted, ate their fill, and went out. He admitted ten more, and so all those people ate their fill, and they were eighty men. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith 65 No 294).

Muhammad pbuh taught us not to be greedy and again he encouraged sharing to others, something we definitely will be rewarded for

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said,

"The food for two persons is sufficient for three, and the food of three persons is sufficient for four persons."

Bukhari Book 65 No. 304

Muhammad pbuh cared so much for his followers that he was always afraid of them losing their way and not following the straight path. One of his main concerns was that our desires would control us especially the desire for wealth ...The following hadith reminds me of a saying that the more we have, the more we want

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: Allah's Apostle said, "The thing I am afraid of most for your sake, is the worldly blessings which Allah will bring forth to you." It was said, "What are the blessings of this world?" The Prophet said, "The pleasures of the world." A man said, "Can the good bring forth evil?" The Prophet kept quiet for a while till we thought that he was being inspired divinely. Then he started removing the sweat from his forehead and said," Where is the questioner?" That man said, "I (am present)." Abu Sa'id added: We thanked the man when the result (of his question) was such. The Prophet said, "Good never brings forth but good. This wealth (of the world) is (like) green and sweet (fruit), and all the vegetation which grows on the bank of a stream either kills or nearly kills the animal that eats too much of it, except the animal that eats the Khadira (a kind of vegetation). Such an animal eats till its stomach is full and then it faces the sun and starts ruminating and then it passes out dung and urine and goes to eat again. This worldly wealth is (like) sweet (fruit), and if a person earns it (the wealth) in a legal way and spends it properly, then it is an excellent helper, and whoever earns it in an illegal way, he will be like the one who eats but is never satisfied."

Sahih Bukhari Book 76 No 435

Hopefully we can help others learn about Islam like Muhammad pbuh did even if we are in the middle of doing something

It was narrated that Humaid bin Hilal said: "Abu Rifa'ah said: 'I came to the Messenger of Allah [sAW] while he was delivering a Khutbah, and said: "O Messenger of Allah, a stranger has come to ask about his religion, for he does not know what his religion is." The Messenger of Allah [sAW] stopped delivering his Khutbah and turned to me. A chair was brought, and I think its legs were of iron. The Messenger of Allah [sAW] sat down on it and started to teach me what Allah has taught him, then he went and completed his Khutbah.'" (Sahih)

Source: An Nasai Book 49 , 5394

• Like 1

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "When Allah loves a slave, He calls Jibril and says: `I love so-and-so; so love him'. Then Jibril loves him. After that he (Jibril) announces to the inhabitants of heavens that Allah loves so-and-so; so love him; and the inhabitants of the heavens (the angels) also love him and then make people on earth love him".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

• Like 1

Muhammad pbuh did not want his followers to find Islam difficult, he was aware that people were at different stages in their faith which is why he did his best to make religion easy for people as can be seen in an example below

Narrated Zayd ibn Khalid al-Juhani: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: Were it not hard on my ummah, I would order them to use the tooth-stick at the time of every prayer. AbuSalamah said: Zayd ibn Khalid used to attend the prayers in the Masjid with his tooth-stick on his ear where a clerk carries a pen, and whenever he got up for prayer he used it. (Sunan AbuDawud Book 1 No. 47)

also found in sahih muslim book 2 no.487

Abu Huraira reported: the Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Were it not that I might over-burden thebelievers-and in the hadith transmitted by Zuhair" people" -I would have ordered them to use toothstick atevery time of prayer.

Abu Shurayh al-Khuza'i reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who believes in Allah and the Last Day should be good to his neighbours. Anyone who believes in Allah and the Last Day should be generous to his guest. Anyone who believes in Allah and the Last Day should be say what is good or be silent."

[Al-Adab al-Mufrad Al-Bukhari]

• Like 2

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "Allah Most High has allotted you your characters just as He has allotted you your provisions. Allah Most High gives worldly things to those whom He loves and those whom He does not love, but He gives religion only to those whom He loves, so he who is given religion by Allah has been loved by Him. By Him in Whose hand my soul is, a man is not a Muslim till his heart and tongue are submissive, and he is not a believer till his neighbour is safe from injurious behaviour on his part."

Tirmidhi

• Like 2

alsalam-o alykom

it's narrated in Musnad Imam Ahmad, 13240, that the prophet of Allah (pbuh) said " if the end day (Qiamah) came and one of you have a seedling of a palm tree, let him plant it"

13240- حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ حَدَّثَنِى أَبِى حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ حَدَّثَنَا حَمَّادُ بْنُ سَلَمَةَ عَنْ هِشَامِ بْنِ زَيْدٍ عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- « إِنْ قَامَتْ عَلَى أَحَدِكُمُ الْقِيَامَةُ وَفِى يَدِهِ فَسِيلَةٌ فَلْيَغْرِسْهَا ». {3/184} معتلى 1040

معانى بعض الكلمات :

الفسيلة : الصغيرة من النخل

Islam is to plant and develop earth, Islam teachs his followers that human is the vicegerent, the successor on this earth to develop it and make life more just, prosper, relax and happy by the guidance of Allah swt.

a palm tree may take 10 years or more to grow up and give dates, the one who grow it up mostly won't eat from it, but he do it for the next generation . Islam teachs his followers to be generous and and to give without waiting the reward, and sure that will make the society more integrating, more loving and more happy.

in another hadeeth in Albukhary, 2320, the prophet (pbuh) said "whoever a Moslem plant a plant or grow a seedlings, that a bird, a human (any human) or animal eats from it, but it will be (recorded) a charity for him"

2320 - حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو عَوَانَةَ ح و حَدَّثَنِي عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ الْمُبَارَكِ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو عَوَانَةَ عَنْ قَتَادَةَ عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَا مِنْ مُسْلِمٍ يَغْرِسُ غَرْسًا أَوْ يَزْرَعُ زَرْعًا فَيَأْكُلُ مِنْهُ طَيْرٌ أَوْ إِنْسَانٌ أَوْ بَهِيمَةٌ إِلَّا كَانَ لَهُ بِهِ صَدَقَةٌ وَقَالَ لَنَا مُسْلِمٌ حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانُ حَدَّثَنَا قَتَادَةُ حَدَّثَنَا أَنَسٌ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ

give and give and give a charity, time, food, smile, help, advice, visit sick people, condole who need it, clear the road,....etc. don't waite the rewards from people but from Allah swt, that's the real Moslem

• Like 2

I love reading through this thread - it makes me value knowing the prophet pbuh more and more in order that I can remind myself how I should also live.

• Like 1

Sahl ibn Sa'd reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I and the guardian of the orphan will be in the Garden like that," indicating his forefinger and middle finger.

[bukhari]

Prophet Muhammad and treating all people good

Source

The Prophet taught Muslims to love goodness for all creation, to treat people the way they would love to be treated, and to hate sinful deeds but not the sinners who commit them.
Anas ibn Malik reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

لَا يُؤْمِنُ أَحَدُكُمْ حَتَّى يُحِبَّ لِأَخِيهِ أَوْ قَالَ لِجَارِهِ مَا يُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِهِ
None of you has faith until he loves for his brother or his neighbor what he loves for himself.
Source: Sahih Bukhari 13, Grade: Sahih

An-Nawawi commented on this tradition, saying:

الأولى أن يحمل ذلك على عموم الأخوة حتى يشمل الكافر والمسلم فيحب لأخيه الكافر مايحب لنفسه … والمراد بالمحبة إرادة الخير والمنفعة ثم المراد المحبة الدينية لا المحبة البشرية
It is better to interpret this as brotherhood in general, such that it includes the disbeliever and the Muslim. So he should love for his brother, the disbeliever, what he loves for himself… The meaning of love here is an intention for good and benefit, and this meaning is religious love, not human love.
Source: Sharh Arba’een An-Nawawi

Therefore, Muslims have been commanded to love their neighbors as themselves, whether they are Muslims or non-Muslims, righteous or sinful. This involves treating people as if they were our own selves.
Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

مَنْ أَحَبَّ أَنْ يُزَحْزَحَ عَنْ النَّارِ وَيَدْخُلَ الْجَنَّةَ فَلْتُدْرِكْهُ مَنِيَّتُهُ وَهُوَ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَيَأْتِي إِلَى النَّاسِ مَا يُحِبُّ أَنْ يُؤْتَى إِلَيْهِ
Whoever would love to be delivered from the Hellfire and entered into Paradise, then let him die with faith in Allah and the Last Day, and let him treat the people the way he would love to be treated.
Source: Sahih Muslim 1844 Grade: Sahih

Likewise, Muslims have been warned about hatred, which is a desire to harm others.
Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

لَا تَبَاغَضُوا وَلَا تَحَاسَدُوا وَلَا تَدَابَرُوا وَكُونُوا عِبَادَ اللَّهِ إِخْوَانًا
Do not hate each other, do not envy each other, do not turn away from each other, but rather be servants of Allah as brothers.
Source: Sahih Muslim 2559 Grade: Sahih

Az-Zubair ibn Awwam reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

دَبَّ إِلَيْكُمْ دَاءُ الْأُمَمِ قَبْلَكُمْ الْحَسَدُ وَالْبَغْضَاءُ وَالْبَغْضَاءُ هِيَ الْحَالِقَةُ حَالِقَةُ الدِّينِ لَا حَالِقَةُ الشَّعَرِ وَالَّذِي نَفْسُ مُحَمَّدٍ بِيَدِهِ لَا تُؤْمِنُوا حَتَّى تَحَابُّوا أَفَلَا أُنَبِّئُكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ إِذَا فَعَلْتُمُوهُ تَحَابَبْتُمْ أَفْشُوا السَّلَامَ بَيْنَكُمْ
There has come to you the disease of the nations before you: envy and hatred, and hatred is the razor; it shaves the religion and it does not shave hair. By the one in whose hand is my soul, you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I tell you something which, if you did, you would love each other? Spread peace between yourselves.
Source: Musnad Ahmad 1415 Grade: Sahih

• Like 1

لَا تَبَاغَضُوا وَلَا تَحَاسَدُوا وَلَا تَدَابَرُوا وَكُونُوا عِبَادَ اللَّهِ إِخْوَانًا

Do not hate each other, do not envy each other, do not turn away from each other, but rather be servants of Allah as brothers.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2559 Grade: Sahih

Such wise words, hope we will see more of these words in actions in the future of the ummah. InshAllah.