Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BurningLight

The God Of The Bible And Allah In The Quran

Do Muslims believe that the God of the Bible is the same as Allah of the Quran? Do the Christians on the forum believe that they are the same?

I do not believe they are the same.

PropellerAds

Allah is our creator, to him Jesus prayed[using large font size is not allowed]

The evidence:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=HmdkFZ6CHrQ&feature=player_embedded"]Jesus called God Allah and he prayed to Allah like a muslim - YouTube[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=GnvTmIJWEc4&feature=player_embedded"]Allah is GOD! Even in Aramaic!! - YouTube[/url]

Do Muslims believe that the God of the Bible is the same as Allah of the Quran? Do the Christians on the forum believe that they are the same?

I do not believe they are the same.

I believe it depends on who you ask, and their answer will depend on what aspects they see as fundamental and whether or not these fundamentals are shared by the two religions concepts of God.

They are one and the same. The only difference is that Muslims only believe in God the FATHER... not the Son or Holy Spirit.

Allah is our creator, to him Jesus prayed[using large font size is not allowed]

The evidence:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=HmdkFZ6CHrQ&feature=player_embedded"]Jesus called God Allah and he prayed to Allah like a muslim - YouTube[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=GnvTmIJWEc4&feature=player_embedded"]Allah is GOD! Even in Aramaic!! - YouTube[/url]

The Bible doesn't use the name Allah. The Bible says God's name is YWHW. I think Allah is just a generic name for god. In that case I would just prefer to say God. The Bible states that Jesus prayed to His father in heaven. The Bible says that all things were made by Him (Jesus) for Him and through Him. And without Him nothing was made that was made whether they be things seen or unseen. Jesus Is the Word God spoke things in existence. In essence He is my Creator.

JN 1:1 In the beginning was the word the word was with God; the Word was God. Jesus is the Word made flesh. Jesus always existed but not as flesh and blood but as the word. God cannot be greater than His word, but God was greater than the word made flesh Jesus. Jesus was subordinate to God in function and office but very equal in nature & character. Not many are able to accept that this is God's word. Jesus said, "No one can come to God except through me" He didn’t say Muhammad or Allah or Gabriel. He said "Through me" He said, "You will die in your sins if you do not believe I am He" I believe he is. Therefore I believe it is not possible for the Allah of the Quran and the YWHW of the Bible to be the same God. In fact, I don't believe the Jesus in the Quran is the same Jesus as in the Bible.

IMO, the Quran and the Bible are diametrically opposed they are mutually exclusive! I think that Christians and Muslims must admit this to each other, before bridges can be built. I do not see how, but what is not possible with man is possible with God, but we are going to have to meet God on His terms. I don't believe the Bible is corrupted, because Muhammad never said that, and I believe that God's word is established in heaven forever like God said it is. I don't believe man's power to corrupt God's word is greater than God's power to preserve it. I believe Muhammad believed this too. If man were able to corrupt God's word before Muhammad wrote the Quran, than I wouldn't believe that God can preserve His word after Muhammad's time. God's word always was since before the foundation of the world. If God couldn't keep His world before Muhammad, He wouldn't be able to keep it after and He wouldn't be worth serving! Jesus according to the Bible is God's Word.

Edited by BurningLight

IMO, the Quran and the Bible are diametrically opposed they are mutually exclusive! I think that Christians and Muslims must admit this to each other, before bridges can be built.

Why would they have to believe they don't have the same God before bridges can be built?

Why would they have to believe they don't have the same God before bridges can be built?
Because in the absence of unity, you at least have to have a common foundation of being honest with each other otherwise a structure cannot stand and truth will never be reached!

Because in the absence of unity, you at least have to have a common foundation of being honest with each other otherwise a structure cannot stand and truth will never be reached!

But if you can find unity, then you have all of that an more.

They are one and the same. The only difference is that Muslims only believe in God the FATHER... not the Son or Holy Spirit.

Then why aren't they called by the same name in the OT or the NT. I never heard the israelites call God Allah. I never heard Jesus or the apostles call God Allah. I only hear Muslim call Him that. I don't hear Muslim call God father either. Besides the God of the Bible according to Muslims wasn't able to keep His word from being corrupted. So now Muslims tell me to obey Muhammad is to obey Allah. So I am to understand that now Allah is able to preserve the word he gave through Muhammad but not the word he gave through the prophets that came before? I cannot buy that whether you're selling or not.

Edited by BurningLight

I never heard the israelites call God Allah. I never heard Jesus or the apostles call God Allah. I only hear Muslim call Him that.

You're kidding, right? Did the israelites speak Arabic? Did Jesus or the apostles speak Arabic? And when were you hanging out with Jesus to hear what he called God?

You're kidding, right? Did the israelites speak Arabic? Did Jesus or the apostles speak Arabic? And when were you hanging out with Jesus to hear what he called God?
Why would I be kidding?

It is not mentioned in the Bible in the Muslim sense. That is the only record I have. I never heard Hagar or Ishmael call Him Allah in the Scriptures. Muhammad is a descendant of Ishmael. Allah is not a name. It means god. I never heard anyone mention the comming of Muhammad in the Bible either.

Edited by BurningLight

Why would I be kidding?

Because it would make you look better than if you were serious.

It is not mentioned in the Bible. That is the only record I have. I never heard Hagar or Ishmael call Him Allah. Muhammad is a descendant of Ishmael. Allah is not a name. It means god. I never heard anyone mention the comming of Muhammad in the Bible either.

Not mentioned in what Bible, the Hebrew Bible? When did you talk to Hagar or Ishmael?

Here is a question for you, if you were an Arabic speaking Christian, what would God be called in your Arabic Bible?

Because it would make you look better than if you were serious.

Not mentioned in what Bible, the Hebrew Bible? When did you talk to Hagar or Ishmael?

Here is a question for you, if you were an Arabic speaking Christian, what would God be called in your Arabic Bible?

I am not trying to look good. Here is something I found online:

The New Testament has a biblical account of Arab conversion to Christianity recorded in the book of Acts. When St. Peter preaches to the people of Jerusalem, they ask, "And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God." (Acts 2:8, 11, Arab Christians are thus one of the oldest Christian communities.

The first mention of Christianity in Arabia occurs in the New Testament as the Apostle Paul refers to his journey in Arabia following his conversion (Galatians 1: 15-17). Later, Eusebius of Caesarea discusses a bishop named Beryllus in the see of Bostra, the site of a synod c. 240 and two Councils of Arabia. Christians existed in Arab lands from the 3rd century onward.[16]

The answer is obvious they would have referred to God as Allah, but that is not God's name nor is it the same God of Islam. The Arab Christians believed in the Trinity. Arab Muslims didn't believe in the Trinity. Jesus is not Allah's son to them and the holy Spririt is not God, but Jesus is Allah's son to the Arab Christians and the Holy Spirit was God. When I say they didn't refer to God has Allah, I meant in the Muslim sense and meaning of the term Allah not them using Allah for referring to God. I guess was not clear on that.

Edited by BurningLight

The answer is obvious they would have referred to God as Allah, but that is not God's name nor is it the same God of Islam. The Arab Christians believed in the Trinity. Arab Muslims didn't believe in the Trinity. Jesus is not Allah's son to them and the holy Spririt is not God, but Jesus is Allah's son to the Arab Christians and the Holy Spirit was God. When I say they didn't refer to God has Allah, I meant in the Muslim sense and meaning of the term not the name only.

And what is to stop God from giving his name as Allah when he communicates to Arabic prophets? Is there anything preventing God from declaring Allah to be his name when communicating in Arabic?

Unity without truth profits nothing or no one!

And unjustified discord is even worse.

And what is to stop God from giving his name as Allah when he communicates to Arabic prophets? Is there anything preventing God from declaring Allah to be his name when communicating in Arabic?
Nothing is to stop God from doing anything, but what evidence is there that he did use Allah as His name before the Quran came about?

And unjustified discord is even worse.
I would guess that would depend on who you are referring to. As for me, I would like the Lord to decide what unjustified is in this case. Edited by BurningLight

Nothing is to stop God from doing anything, but what evidence is there that he did use Allah as His name before the Quran came about?

I don't know, how many Arabic speaking prophets did the Bible record. We can start there.

I would guess that would depend on who you are referring to. As for me, I would like the Lord to decide what unjustified is in this case.

Funny, it sounds a lot like it is you who is deciding what is unjustified. Of course, your just speaking for the Lord.

I don't know, how many Arabic speaking prophets did the Bible record. We can start there.

Funny, it sounds a lot like it is you who is deciding what is unjustified. Of course, your just speaking for the Lord.

What's so funny? You're the one who originally brought up that term not me. I am under the impression you're directing it toward me. If so, I hope you're wrong, but you might not be, but if you are, you have another problem. With that, I say good night!

Peace in Truth.

Of course they are the same for there is only one God who sends messengers to the earth. Had you asked is the way God is portrayed in the bible the same as Allah in the quran then the answer would be no.

Of course they are the same for there is only one God who sends messengers to the earth. Had you asked is the way God is portrayed in the bible the same as Allah in the quran then the answer would be no.
When someone is a witness to a crime and gives the police a description saying the man was well dressed, 6' tall, slim a beard and he was last seen in at WalMart with gun in his hand. When the police get to WalMart, they find a man that is 5' 8" with a gift in his hand without a beard and his family is with him. Could they be the same person? If the portrayal doesn't match the description, how can they then be the same person? Edited by BurningLight

When someone is a witness to a crime and gives the police a description saying the man was well dressed, 6' tall, slim a beard and he was last seen in at WalMart with gun in his hand. When the police get to WalMart, they find a man that is 5' 8" with a gift in his hand without a beard and his family is with him. Could they be the same person? If the portrayal doesn't match the description, how can they then be the same person?

Similarly if the witness describes the ban as wearing a puffy jacket and blue jeans and the police find a man in a tee shirt and sunglasses could he be the same person...oh wait...

Brought to you by the council for recognizing that not all facts are exclusive and that witnesses can frequently come up with contradictory facts even when observing the same event.