Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the sad clown

Russia Sending Munitions To Syrian Government?

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettheglobeandmail(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/world/russia-stands-shoulder-to-shoulder-with-besieged-syrian-leader/article2302589/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettheglobeandmail(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/world/...article2302589/[/url]

If it wasn't clear enough that Russia is standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the Syrian regime, then consider its clandestine efforts at re-arming Syria: Sometime on Thursday, the cargo vessel Chariot, a ship flying a St. Vincent and the Grenadines flag, docked at the Syrian port of Tartus – its cargo, some 60 tonnes of Russian bullets. The ammunition apparently is destined for the depleted arsenal of the Syrian military that in the past 10 months, according to the United Nations, has killed more than 5,000 members and supporters of the country's opposition.

The ship, which left the St. Petersburg port on Dec. 9, had briefly been detained by Cypriot authorities earlier this week. The vessel had apparently been boarded when it put into the Cypriot port of Limassol to refuel. Finding the munitions were destined for Syria, in contravention of EU sanctions against Syria that Cyprus is bound to uphold, the ship was barred from leaving until the captain signed an agreement that he would change course and take his cargo to Turkey.

Apparently upon leaving Cypriot waters, Chariot sailed straight for Tartus.

I knew about their obstruction of actions against the Syrian government in the UN Security Council, but sending ammunition to the Syrian government is a big step beyond this. Has anyone read or heard about this?

PropellerAds

I hadn't heard of this before. I don't find this odd at all. I guess for these people it's just business as usual.