Islamic Forum
Wesley

The Return Of Jesus

Ah yes, finally back on topic. Thank you Wesley :cool:

This is a very good question. For myself I would start by narrowing anybody down whether they claim to be somebody else or not, through their actions. I for one do not put much into hear say. For I am accountable for everything and will be questioned on Qiyamah (Qur'an 17:36).

1) Ask myself, does he practice Islam?

This is the main thing, if not then the whole thing of someone being a nabi/rasul/mu'min is out the window and can never be a rasul of Allah.

2) What does he ask from me/us?

Thank you for the response and genuine answer. I agree, it would be a wonderful opportunity to witness such an event, the Day of God basically. :) The criteria you state seems quite simple but I guess it must not be that simple.

If you think about it, Jesus V1.0 did follow the Torah, especially early in His ministry and Revelation. Yet, the majority of the people did not believe in Him. Jesus V1.0 also taught nothing evil yet the very claim He made, about being from God, a King, and Messiah, kept the people from believing in Him. They expected something different.

In your criteria #1, you say Jesus V2.0 would practice Islam. I agree Jesus V1.0 did submit Himself completely to the Will of God. The laws and outward practice were different than what was revealed in the Qur'an, but there is no doubt Jesus V1.0 practiced the true essence of Islam. The question then, what is God's Will for the Last Day? Will it be another chapter in His unending Book? Or will it be the same exact chapter?

Criteria #2, holding fast unto God. I agree with you again. What if Jesus V2.0 confirms that the Qur'an is true, that there is only one God, that the Seal of the Prophets is a Messenger, yet asks you to change your outward practice of religion, how would you react? An example would be the fasting. What if Jesus V2.0 changed the fast from Ramadan to a different month? No matter what, the purpose of fasting would be the same.

PropellerAds

Thank you for the response and genuine answer. I agree, it would be a wonderful opportunity to witness such an event, the Day of God basically. :) The criteria you state seems quite simple but I guess it must not be that simple.

I believe Allah made the criteria simple as stated in the Qur'an (the deen is not difficult) and earlier revelation, it just depends how hard are hearts are.

Allah knows best...

If you think about it, Jesus V1.0 did follow the Torah, especially early in His ministry and Revelation. Yet, the majority of the people did not believe in Him. Jesus V1.0 also taught nothing evil yet the very claim He made, about being from God, a King, and Messiah, kept the people from believing in Him. They expected something different.

You must remember bani Israil rejected and killed other prophets sent to them, not only Aesa Ibn Maryam (peace upon them).

Again, hard hearts....

The question then, what is God's Will for the Last Day? Will it be another chapter in His unending Book? Or will it be the same exact chapter?

To be honest, I don't really think about the future, I live day to day hope Allah purifies me and helps me fulfill my duties as a servant. We as people have a duty and even more so as "muslims" to enjoin the right, forbid the wrong and establish the deen, which is the same deen of Abraham, Noah, Jesus, Moses and Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon them all) Quran 42:13.

Criteria #2, holding fast unto God. I agree with you again. What if Jesus V2.0 confirms that the Qur'an is true, that there is only one God, that the Seal of the Prophets is a Messenger, yet asks you to change your outward practice of religion, how would you react? An example would be the fasting. What if Jesus V2.0 changed the fast from Ramadan to a different month? No matter what, the purpose of fasting would be the same.

As far as anyone confirming the Qur'an as true, that's a must. To deny it you would deny the past revelation, prophets, events etc. And the whole changing the fast from Ramadan which is a couple weeks away by the way alhamdulillah, I guess it would seem innocent enough but Allah let us know that the Qur'an was revealed in that month so the fast is specifically prescribed that month (Qur'an 2:185). Would have to make du'a trust Allah, what else are we as hue-mans supposed to do right? If you're intention is sincere and your supplication, inshaAllah you will be guided.

Edited by Aa'dil

As far as anyone confirming the Qur'an as true, that's a must. To deny it you would deny the past revelation, prophets, events etc. And the whole changing the fast from Ramadan which is a couple weeks away by the way alhamdulillah, I guess it would seem innocent enough but Allah let us know that the Qur'an was revealed in that month so the fast is specifically prescribed that month (Qur'an 2:185). Would have to make du'a trust Allah, what else are we as hue-mans supposed to do right? If you're intention is sincere and your supplication, inshaAllah you will be guided.

I agree. We must follow whatever God wills, even He commands us to do something we had not done before, like He had in the Qur'an. Fasting was always prescribed but God said to do it during Ramadan in the Qur'an. This is Islam, doing what God wills. It isn't about human will. Now if Jesus comes back and speaks only at the command of God, would we be willing to listen to anything He says or will we say Jesus has no power to change anything on this Day of God?

Then should we bring it back to the original question? So far there have been discussions about some of the Muslim traditions regarding Jesus will return ruling with Shari'a and then also the actions Jesus will take against the Dajjal.

Still... how will a believer immediately know it is Jesus? As the Qur'an regularly states, Allah always tests those who believe.

Book 37, Number 4310:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no prophet between me and him, that is, Jesus (peace_be_upon_him). He will descent (to the earth). When you see him, recognise him: a man of medium height, reddish fair, wearing two light yellow garments, looking as if drops were falling down from his head though it will not be wet. He will fight the people for the cause of Islam. He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizyah. Allah will perish all religions except Islam. He will destroy the Antichrist and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die. The Muslims will pray over him.

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 657:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah’s Apostle said, “By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, surely (Jesus,) the son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind justly (as a Just Ruler); he will break the Cross and kill the pigs and there will be no Jizya (i.e. taxation taken from non Muslims). Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it, and a single prostration to Allah (in prayer) will be better than the whole world and whatever is in it.” Abu Huraira added “If you wish, you can recite (this verse of the Holy Book): — ‘And there is none Of the people of the Scriptures (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him (i.e Jesus as an Apostle of Allah and a human being) Before his death. And on the Day of Judgment He will be a witness Against them.” (4.159) (See Fateh Al Bari, Page 302 Vol 7)

How does Jesus عليه السلام look like?

Abu Huraira narrated that Prophet Mohammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "There is no prophet between me and him (Jesus Christ عليه السلام ). He shall descend so, recognize him when you see him. He is a man of medium height, (his complexion) is between reddish and white; he will be between (or dressed in) two slightly yellowish garments; His head looks as if it is dripping water even though it is not wet. He will fight people in the cause (for the sake) of Islam, will break the Cross and kill the swine (pig) and abolish Jizya (tax on Christians and Jews); and Allah will put an end to all religious sects except Islam during his (Jesus') time. He (Jesus) will slay the Antichrist (Dajjal) and he will stay in the World for 40 years. Then, he will die and the Muslims will perform the funeral prayer for him." (Abu Dawud and Musnad Ahmad)

Prophet Mohammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "In the meantime, while the Dajjal will be busy doing this and this, Allah will send down the Messiah son of Mary (Jesus عليه السلام). He (Jesus عليه السلام ) will descend in the eastern part of Damascus, near the white minaret (tower), dressed in the two yellow

garments, with his hands resting on the arms of two angels. When he will bend down his head, water drops will appear trickling down, and when he will raise it, it will appear as though pearl--like drops are rolling down. Any disbeliever whom the air of his breath reaches, and it will reach up to the last limit of his sight, will fall

dead. Then, the son of Mary will go in pursuit of the Dajjal, and will overtake him at the gate of Lud (a city 13 miles east of Tel Aviv, israel), and will kill him." (Sahih Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmizi, Ibn Majah).

Prophet Mohammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "The Daijal (Anti-Christ) will appear in my Ummah (nation), and will live for forty. Then Allah will send Jesus son of Mary عليه السلام. He (Jesus عليه السلام) will closely resemble 'Urwah bin Masud (a Companion of Prophet Mohammad صلى الله عليه وسلم ). He (Jesus عليه السلام) will pursue him (Anti-Christ) and kill him. Then, for seven years, the people will live in such a state that there will be no ill-will or enmity between any two individuals of them." (Sahih Muslim).

So when you see falling non-believers dead on the ground around him, then you will know it is jesus:

"...Any disbeliever whom the air of his breath reaches, and it will reach up to the last limit of his sight, will fall dead."

Prophet Mohammad صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "In the meantime, while the Dajjal will be busy doing this and this, Allah will send down the Messiah son of Mary (Jesus عليه السلام). He (Jesus عليه السلام ) will descend in the eastern part of Damascus, near the white minaret (tower), dressed in the two yellow

garments, with his hands resting on the arms of two angels. When he will bend down his head, water drops will appear trickling down, and when he will raise it, it will appear as though pearl--like drops are rolling down. Any disbeliever whom the air of his breath reaches, and it will reach up to the last limit of his sight, will fall

dead. Then, the son of Mary will go in pursuit of the Dajjal, and will overtake him at the gate of Lud (a city 13 miles east of Tel Aviv, israel), and will kill him." (Sahih Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmizi, Ibn Majah).

Not to be fickle, but the Masjid referred to in Damascus, the great Masjid, was built during the Umayyad Caliphate, well after the Seal of the Prophet ascended to heaven. Abu Huraira became a governor during this time. I have a hard time believing this narration and in my opinion, was wrongly attributed to the Prophet. Also, Damascus and this Masjid were never mentioned or referred to in the Qur'an. I cannot find which verses this clarifies.

Not to be fickle, but the Masjid referred to in Damascus, the great Masjid, was built during the Umayyad Caliphate, well after the Seal of the Prophet ascended to heaven. Abu Huraira became a governor during this time.

The Masjid was built after Abu Huraira's (ra) death.

The Masjid was built after Abu Huraira's (ra) death.

Plus it was reported by others than Abu Huraira (ra).

Sayyidina an-Nawas b. Sam'an (رضي الله عنه) (while relating the story of Dajjal) reports: "Meantime when Dajjal will be engaged in perpetrating such deeds, God shall send Christ, son of Mary. Christ (عليه السلام) will descend near the white tower in the eastern quarter of Damascus, wearing two pieces of yellow garment and resting his hands upon the arms of two angels. When he will bend his head, it would seem that drops of water would fall down from his head and when he will raise his head it would seem as if pearls would be trickling in the form of drops. Any infidel who will be within reach of the air of his breath, and the air of his breath willr each as far as his eye would see - will not escape death. Later the son of Mary will pursue Dajjal and will overtake him at the gate of Lydda [Please note that Lod (modern Lydda) is situated at a distance of few miles from Tel Aviv, the capital of the State of israel in Palestine. The Jews have built a large air-base at this place.] and put him to death." (Muslim, Dhikr Dajjal; Abu Dawud, Kitab ul-Malahim, Bab: Khuruj; Dajjal; Tirmidhi, Abwab ul-Fitan; Bab: Fi Fitna al-Dajjal; Ibn Majah, Kitab ul-Fitna, Bab: Fitna al-Dajjal)

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifeddine-M/1271_28-02-2011/ahadeeth-pertaining-to-the-descent-of-sayyidina-isa-(jesus-.-peace-be-upon-him).html

Besides, nobody knows if it is the Ummayi Masjid.