Islamic Forum
atheism101

The Theory Of Evolution

also that link is (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_ncse(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/creationism/polls-surveys"]ncse (dot) com/creationism/polls-surveys[/url]

PropellerAds

As a Muslim, I believe Evolution and Islam are compatible. There is no reason to deny that homo-neaderthalis and homo-erectus and all the other homo species evolved, however homo-sapiens did not evolve and were created directly by Allah and put on Earth amongst all the other homo species and animals that had been evolving.

As a Muslim, I believe Evolution and Islam are compatible. There is no reason to deny that homo-neaderthalis and homo-erectus and all the other homo species evolved, however homo-sapiens did not evolve and were created directly by Allah and put on Earth amongst all the other homo species and animals that had been evolving.

I think you mean 'There is no passage in the quran which speaks against homo-neaderthalis and homo-erectus and all the other homo species evolved' ?

So of all the billions and billions and billions and billions and billions of species that have ever existed on earth, god hand-picked us, specifically, to be magically created? Don't you think that's a little biased, mainly because you happen to be a homo sapien yourself?!

peace,

Allah tells in the Quran,

002.030 Y: Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

002.031 Y: And He taught Adam the names of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell me the names of these if ye are right."

002.032 Y: They said: "Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom."

002.033 Y: He said: "O Adam! Tell them their names." When he had told them, Allah said: "Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of heaven and earth, and I know what ye reveal and what ye conceal?"

1- at the time of creating the humanbeing (Adam and eve), there were a previous experience of a creatures on earth before man. these creatures charecterized by mischiefing in earth and sheding the blood.

2- Allah distinguished the man with the ability to percieve, store, process and interact by knowladge.

3- we are here, just, for a limited time test, to thrive and not to mischief in this earth.

Allah knows better,

Allah knows better,

Islam has become idolatry. You are worshiping a book by interpreting it as the word of god. Your god has become your book.

Again, this is not about evolution. This about people who think that some ancient book is the word of god. You are not the only one. There are thousands of religions (many that don't exist anymore) who believe the same thing about their books and their gods; you are just brainwashed.

Not the first time that video has been posted, I guess religious ppl think we are morons that believe any old crap :)

what do you thik about incest from your point of view?

Incest? That is totally on topic...

I think you mean 'There is no passage in the quran which speaks against homo-neaderthalis and homo-erectus and all the other homo species evolved' ?

So of all the billions and billions and billions and billions and billions of species that have ever existed on earth, god hand-picked us, specifically, to be magically created? Don't you think that's a little biased, mainly because you happen to be a homo sapien yourself?!

Not to mention he happened to make us the perfect puzzle piece. It's like me saying God created the frog separately. It may SEEM like the frog evolved, but actually God just made it separately and there is no way you can prove me wrong!!

This idea is ridiculous. You'd think that if this were true, God went out of his way to make it seem like there is no God.

peace,

Allah tells in the Quran,

002.030 Y: Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

002.031 Y: And He taught Adam the names of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell me the names of these if ye are right."

002.032 Y: They said: "Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom."

002.033 Y: He said: "O Adam! Tell them their names." When he had told them, Allah said: "Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of heaven and earth, and I know what ye reveal and what ye conceal?"

1- at the time of creating the humanbeing (Adam and eve), there were a previous experience of a creatures on earth before man. these creatures charecterized by mischiefing in earth and sheding the blood.

2- Allah distinguished the man with the ability to percieve, store, process and interact by knowladge.

3- we are here, just, for a limited time test, to thrive and not to mischief in this earth.

Allah knows better,

Oh yep that is a perfect rebuttal. A book said it, you took the book's word for it, and now regardless of the massive bodies of evidence you will simply believe the book.

As Salamu Alykum,

Please watch on You Tube

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

Its an Eye Opener, as it was for me and you find out at what length evolutionists would go to spread their theory.

Regards

Truth Spreader2010

As Salamu Alykum,

Please watch on You Tube

Its an Eye Opener, as it was for me and you find out at what length evolutionists would go to spread their theory.

Regards

Truth Spreader2010

lol

As Salamu Alykum,

Please watch on You Tube

Regards

Truth Spreader2010

It's funny cuz everything in that movie applies more to religious people than it does to evolution.

".. find out at what length religion would go to spread their theory."

Religion has murdered people over the centuries for not believing in the invisible space monkey. Religion censors everything that gets in its way. Religion brainwashes young children into believing an ancient fairytale book

Name me one scientist who murdered one person for not believing in evolution.

In Islamic theology, God can do whatever He wants. He can create something out of nothing. He created and maintains each and everything in whichever way He likes. he has power over everything. So, this has got nothing to do with bias. The only bias I can see is that is in your attitude. Human beings are special you admit it or not.

Islam has become idolatry. You are worshiping a book by interpreting it as the word of god. Your god has become your book.

Muslims do NOT worship Qur'an. They believe it to be word of God. The Qur'an is never treated as deity. You have serious problem when it comes to understand the meaning of 'idolatry' and 'worship'. Next time do not post such things if you knew it already. Lying is really bad, very bad.

Again, this is not about evolution. This about people who think that some ancient book is the word of god. You are not the only one. There are thousands of religions (many that don't exist anymore) who believe the same thing about their books and their gods; you are just brainwashed.

In Islam, it is believed that God has sent messenger to every nation, with books. But, many things from the books have been completely changed, and thus they do not match with Qur'an. That means, Muslims are worshiping the same One and Only God, Creator of the whole universe.

Ignorance is bliss.

Looks like to be your case. Anyway, if God does not exist, and people find benefit by remaining ignorant, what's the problem?

It's funny cuz everything in that movie applies more to religious people than it does to evolution.

".. find out at what length religion would go to spread their theory."

Religion has murdered people over the centuries for not believing in the invisible space monkey. Religion censors everything that gets in its way. Religion brainwashes young children into believing an ancient fairytale book

Name me one scientist who murdered one person for not believing in evolution.

I don't see any problem in killing if there is no God, Heaven and Hell because all human beings will die one day. Death is inevitable.So, trying so hard to live in this earth is quite unnecessary. If there is no God, and someone has not killed another to gain any (personal) benefit, then he/she is a fool.

Atheists asking other to be 'moral' ======== (equals to) Brainwashing.

Edited by Saracen21stC

Incest? That is totally on topic...

Not to mention he happened to make us the perfect puzzle piece. It's like me saying God created the frog separately. It may SEEM like the frog evolved, but actually God just made it separately and there is no way you can prove me wrong!!

This idea is ridiculous. You'd think that if this were true, God went out of his way to make it seem like there is no God.

You yourself (and/or your ignorance) have created the puzzle. In Islam, it is an integral part to believe that God can do whatever He likes. He has power over everything. There is no such fixed rule to create and maintain anyone only in one way. He can do in whatever way He likes. There is nothing in the Qur'an which rules out the possibility of existence of human-like creatures. Rather, in the Qur'an (2.30) we get a notion of human-like creatures with blood who probably existed in the past. There is no such guarantee that Human will have to evolve from Ape-like ancestors or there is only one way of possibility of human origin. From next time, if you argue, please use the (complete) Islamic theology instead of your personal theology. Criticism of Islam based on your personally modified 'theology' is completely unwelcome.

Oh yep that is a perfect rebuttal. A book said it, you took the book's word for it, and now regardless of the massive bodies of evidence you will simply believe the book.

I don't think he was writing a rebuttal of the scientific theory of evolution. He was just simply saying that even if the theory of evolution is true (except human coming from same ancestor as apes, and others), it does not contradict Islam.

As for the case of believing in the Book, this really begs the question whether you have really carried/carry out experiments relating to evolution? If no, then you (and/or many other atheists) probably read books (at some stage of your life) and believe in it even though you haven't verified many things related to it. A similar case could be there that he believes in Qur'an because it gives him explanation of many things which helps him to gain urge of living in this Earth. Some other things might have also convinced him like Qur'an is the only book in Arabic which is most widely read, memorized and respected. No other Arabic poem could have similar effect on civilization like the Qur'an which is certainly amazing. We are yet to see another Arabic poem having such a long lasting huge impact on human civilization.

As for 'massive bodies of evidence', I would really like to see a clear cut complete evidence of origin of Human that is Apes and human beings sharing same ancestor. There is always a gap within those 'massive bodies of evidence'. Personally, I don't find any necessity to believe exactly in the conclusions drawn integral to this human evolution theory.

Edited by Saracen21stC

You yourself (and/or your ignorance) have created the puzzle. In Islam, it is an integral part to believe that God can do whatever He likes. He has power over everything. There is no such fixed rule to create and maintain anyone only in one way. He can do in whatever way He likes. There is nothing in the Qur'an which rules out the possibility of existence of human-like creatures. Rather, in the Qur'an (2.30) we get a notion of human-like creatures with blood who probably existed in the past. There is no such guarantee that Human will have to evolve from Ape-like ancestors or there is only one way of possibility of human origin. From next time, if you argue, please use the (complete) Islamic theology instead of your personal theology. Criticism of Islam based on your personally modified 'theology' is completely unwelcome.

Nice rant. It was a nice way to avoid addressing the point I made. Let me try this again, this time being more blunt about it: why did God go out of His way to make human beings seem as if they had evolved from other species? A very simple question. An intelligent god (assuming He didn't WANT people to get strayed from the straight path) would have come up with a design that would make it clear that humans were in no way descended from any other species. Can you please explain why God did NOT do this?

I don't think he was writing a rebuttal of the scientific theory of evolution. He was just simply saying that even if the theory of evolution is true (except human coming from same ancestor as apes, and others), it does not contradict Islam.

Sorry to tell you that evolution comes in a package deal. You can't just cut off one branch and think that's okay.

As for the case of believing in the Book, this really begs the question whether you have really carried/carry out experiments relating to evolution? If no, then you (and/or many other atheists) probably read books (at some stage of your life) and believe in it even though you haven't verified many things related to it. A similar case could be there that he believes in Qur'an because it gives him explanation of many things which helps him to gain urge of living in this Earth. Some other things might have also convinced him like Qur'an is the only book in Arabic which is most widely read, memorized and respected. No other Arabic poem could have similar effect on civilization like the Qur'an which is certainly amazing. We are yet to see another Arabic poem having such a long lasting huge impact on human civilization.

There is a difference between saying that someone does not verify all the evidence and saying that there is no evidence at all. Sure, no one will verify if they read something about a fossil. No one will go verify if DNA actually exists. No one will verify if we are really made up of atoms. But the verifiable evidence is there. Now this is not the case for a religious scripture, where there is no verifiable evidence at all. Not just that people won't verify the evidence, but that there is *no verifiable evidence* to start with. These are VERY different things.

As for 'massive bodies of evidence', I would really like to see a clear cut complete evidence of origin of Human that is Apes and human beings sharing same ancestor. There is always a gap within those 'massive bodies of evidence'. Personally, I don't find any necessity to believe exactly in the conclusions drawn integral to this human evolution theory.

DNA, as an example.

And if you ask me, one would really have to go out of his way to think that apes and humans are NOT somehow related.

Just jumping in ...

Many, many, too many, years ago now, when I was young (!) I was a student a Birmingham University, and I attended the meetings held by the Islamic union for their 'Islamic Awareness Week' (I think I was the only non-Muslim there!).

Anyway, regarding evolution, they had the standard (though apparently incorrect) picture of a monkey walking stooped until we get ot a man on the right walking erect.

They quoted the verse that God has "created you in diverse stages" (71:14) as proof of this.

Just thought it was interesting ...

Richard

Just jumping in ...

Many, many, too many, years ago now, when I was young (!) I was a student a Birmingham University, and I attended the meetings held by the Islamic union for their 'Islamic Awareness Week' (I think I was the only non-Muslim there!).

Anyway, regarding evolution, they had the standard (though apparently incorrect) picture of a monkey walking stooped until we get ot a man on the right walking erect.

They quoted the verse that God has "created you in diverse stages" (71:14) as proof of this.

Just thought it was interesting ...

Richard

Generally people refer to that quote as some sort of miracle verse about embryonic development or such. But mark my words: just as the church once opposed Copernicus but had to finally accept his word, similarly Muslims (some churches are already doing this) will one day have to accept evolution. And once it happens, these very verses will be quoted as miraculous examples of how the Quran talks about evolution. I myself have seen many such examples (e.g. God made all living things from water) that I can assure you once Muslims come to accept evolution will be the very verses used to say that the Quran already talks about evolution.