Islamic Forum
Nile_Salafy

Iran 'definitely' Closing Strait Of Hormuz Over Eu Oil Embar

Iran is inviting a war? Or is the US prepared to simply go to war because they feel like it? The NDAA 2013 specifically states that monies are being set aside for an attack on Iran, which both of the main presidential candidates support.

I'm not going to say Iran is anywhere close to perfect, but they haven't been very aggressive towards the US. Now, they do support groups and governments that are corrupt and a danger to the civilians living there.

Iran does not own the Straights of Hormuz , and the US is not the only nation that uses that vital waterway . Yes if Iran attempts to close the strasights , there will be a war .

PropellerAds

Iran is inviting a war .

No, this sort of conclusions would rather invite war.

Iran does not own the Straights of Hormuz , and the US is not the only nation that uses that vital waterway . Yes if Iran attempts to close the strasights , there will be a war .

You say so? Straights of Hormuz is not located on US. And Iran threatened to close straight of Hormuz over Western sanctions on Iran. If West can take such measures, Iran can as well.

http://www.telegraph...-sanctions.html

Here is latest,

Iran says to keep Hormuz open as long as it serves its interests

DUBAI | Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:28am EDT

(Reuters) - Iran will keep the vital Strait of Hormuz shipping lane open as long as the waterway served its interests, a military commander was on Monday quoted as saying.

Iranian politicians and officials have often said that Iran could block the strait - the neck of the Gulf through which 40 percent of the world's seaborne oil exports passes - in response to sanctions or military action.

Such a move would risk a military response from the United States and Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi told Reuters in July that Iran was unlikely to follow through on the threat unless its own vessels were denied use of the strait.

"Iran's goal is for everyone in the world to use the Strait of Hormuz but as long as it does not harm Iran's interests and in that case our reaction would definitely be different," IRNA news agency quoted senior Revolutionary Guards commander Masoud Jazayeri as telling Iran's Arabic-language Al Alam television.

"Most military experts know that if Iran decides to close the Strait of Hormuz, no country or countries would be able to confront this move," he added, according to IRNA.

Experts say that a heavy Western naval presence in the Gulf and surrounding area is a big impediment to any attempt to block the waterway.

israel and the United States have threatened military action against Iran unless it abandons nuclear activities which the West suspects are intended to develop nuclear weapons.

Tehran says its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.

(Writing by Zahra Hosseinian, editing by Diana Abdallah)

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/30/us-iran-hormuz-idUSBRE86T0RQ20120730

I dont say so Saracen21stC The UN Convention on Laws of the Sea does :

http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/texts/unclos/part2.htm

Read Article 17 ,18 ,and 19 .

And yes I believe threatening to close it invites a war . NOT me saying that it will .

I dont say so Saracen21stC The UN Convention on Laws of the Sea does :

http://www.un.org/de...nclos/part2.htm

Read Article 17 ,18 ,and 19 .

And yes I believe threatening to close it invites a war . NOT me saying that it will .

UN is a puppet of Western countries. Anyway, If Western countries take measure against Iran, Iran will also take measure against Western countries. It's very fair. It's the Western countries who have triggered this by imposing sanction on Iran.

And OH! I just read this from article 19

1. Passage is innocent so long as it is not prejudicial to the peace, good order or security of the coastal State. Such passage shall take place in conformity with this Convention and with other rules of international law

So, once again I want to point out that Iran took such measure due to the sanctions being imposed on them. Western countries did harm them by imposing those sanctions first. They just replied to this prejudicial approach.

As-salamu 'alaikum

I don't think Iran will close the strait. It would be very foolish for it to do so since it would invite a number of strong enemies to attact. Plus you have the consider the general condition of the region with Syria, israel, Hezbollah and everything. It could lead to a potential WW3, at the very least a major conflict in the region.

Iran has actually made several indirect threats towards the U.S. multiple times. On several occasions Ahmed has mentioned how anyone who crosses their borders and enters the sea near them will be attacked, that anyone that takes sanctions against them will regret it, etc.

If anyone crosses the borders of the United States or enters its seas or places sanctions on them what would the US do? Wouldn't the US do the same?

The leader of Iran presently is a screw loose who needs to be removed for the safety of those in the Middle East and the West. Several countries such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Syria and others have said they would not object to someone going to war with Iran and removing Ahmed. Not only does israel consider him dangerous but so does those around him. That alone should raise questions. The list is just exhaustive. I say we make a collective move to send Iran a message that the U.S. is not to be toyed with and his kind of blatant threatening behavior towards others will no longer be tolerated.

Then what about the US? It not only makes threats but has invaded and killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people and ruined the lives of potentially millions around the world. Surely there's been quiet a few loose screws in Washington for the last few decades at least?

Personally I would be happier if Saudi Arabia and the others would grow a pair and go after Iran themselves instead of leaving it to the U.S. and israel. Iran has gone so far off the wagon that the only countries that still support them are radical ones like North Korea. China has repeatedly voiced concerns over Iran as has Russia and the European Union.

I am no fan of Iran but its major hypocrisy on the part of the US to want to prevent Iran from getting nuclear energy and/or nuclear weapons but then why does the US get to have them? What right does any nation have to tell another nation what defensive capabilities it can or can't have? If the US does not want other nations to have nukes then the US should first dispose of its own stockpile. Also, maybe the UN should also look at what israel has. How come no one wants to discuss israels nuclear capabilities but they want to jump on Iran?

• Like 2

YOU may think the UN Convention on Sea Law is useless ,and the UN a puppet of the West , but most of the world does not .International trade on the high seas where 90% of the worlds goods are transported would not be possible without such agreements .

Yes YOU read article 19 and re-read it without predjudice , innocent passage of world trade , has nothing to do with sanctions . If there were to be a blockade of Irans ports or any compromise to their operation , that is what would violate article 19 .

Iran does not own the Straits of Hormuz , no more than Britain or France own the English Channel nor does Turkey own the Dardanelles , however if any of those nations attempted to close those waterways to commercial shipping , it would be considered "an invitation to war " . Economic sanctions have been imposed on a number of nations by a number of other nations and for a number of reasons historically . Sanctions involve refusing to trade certain goods or refusal to buy certain goods from whatever nation may be involved ...in Iran's case it is oil . You may forget the oil embargo placed against the US by Saudi Arabia years ago in the 70's. Did the Saudis prevent passage in the Red Sea , or anywhere else it bounds the sea ?

You are obviously partial to Iran , and you are entitled to be , but you can not twist the laws or reality to your liking . Iran has no legal right to attempt a shutdown , and Iran knows this , for if that were the case the US could have shut it down when the US Embassy was attacked and its citizens kidnapped , which WAS not only an invitation to War but a Causus Belli [Act of War } . Unless a State of War exists between Iran and whoever they try to block passage against Iran would find itself in a very dangerous position .....and Iran knows that also ...so all this talk about shutting the Straits , is typical Iranian bluster .

Besides had not Iran tried that already during its war with Iraq ? It did not work then and will not work now .

Gotta look at the Big Picture Saracen21stC .

Iran has put itself in the position it finds itself in , due to threats and talks of war , which make it an existential threat , it has played all it's cards in this game with the IAEC , and its non-co-operation and obvious stalling tactics .

Edited by Aligarr

If anyone crosses the borders of the United States or enters its seas or places sanctions on them what would the US do? Wouldn't the US do the same?

Then what about the US? It not only makes threats but has invaded and killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people and ruined the lives of potentially millions around the world. Surely there's been quiet a few loose screws in Washington for the last few decades at least?

I am no fan of Iran but its major hypocrisy on the part of the US to want to prevent Iran from getting nuclear energy and/or nuclear weapons but then why does the US get to have them? What right does any nation have to tell another nation what defensive capabilities it can or can't have? If the US does not want other nations to have nukes then the US should first dispose of its own stockpile. Also, maybe the UN should also look at what israel has. How come no one wants to discuss israels nuclear capabilities but they want to jump on Iran?

and many hear in the U.S. are ready for that change. Also the U.S. is the one that invented the nuclear weapons. As far as israel goes I wouldn't sweat that...israel is only capable of doing what the U.S. allows it, just like Egypt. Iran, on the other hand, makes numerous threats and then talks about how the nuclear program is just for energy. If it is for defense then they should try being honest, grow a pair, the world will be more receptive.

As for the U.N. everyone knows the U.N. is run and operated by the U.S. .... it is the puppet of the U.S. ... think about it. Who founded it? Who funds it? Where is its headquarters? The appeal to the evil of the U.S. is the best way to get back at the west because I can tell you that the citizens have had enough of the system in the U.S. and in Europe. Whether you want to look at the Tea Party or the Occupy Movement, the general message is the same...people are tired of it.

• Like 1

The U.S. will never abandon it's nukes , as long as Russia and China have nukes , so I wouldn't expect that . US has no control of the U.N. Yes the US pays the bills that member nations don't own up to , and as far as it beingb in NYC , well inspite of 9/11 the US is still the safest place to be , for a world organization .

Personally , I think the UN should be in Pakistan or Russia , anywhere but the US . It is useless without the US anyway , as was proven in the break up of Yugoslavia . The U.S. for the most part stopped the Serbs .

!! and you say " the best way to get back at the U.S." ? Didn't somebody try that already ? Face Geo-Political Reality....the worlds oil passes through Hormuz , not just the U.S. Several nation's economies will be put at risk , ESPECIALLY now . If Iran would attempt to close it , there will be war , and one which Iran is not prepared for , nor will Iran prevail , in addition the rest of the world will not back Iran .

Iran can issue all the threats it wishes , but at the end of the day , Iran's leaders themselves know this . Therefore it is empty bluster on their part . They know ANY war would put their Regime's power at risk . The Iranian people there are "fed up and tired " of the Regime .

The U.S. will never abandon it's nukes , as long as Russia and China have nukes , so I wouldn't expect that . US has no control of the U.N. Yes the US pays the bills that member nations don't own up to , and as far as it beingb in NYC , well inspite of 9/11 the US is still the safest place to be , for a world organization .

Personally , I think the UN should be in Pakistan or Russia , anywhere but the US . It is useless without the US anyway , as was proven in the break up of Yugoslavia . The U.S. for the most part stopped the Serbs .

!! and you say " the best way to get back at the U.S." ? Didn't somebody try that already ? Face Geo-Political Reality....the worlds oil passes through Hormuz , not just the U.S. Several nation's economies will be put at risk , ESPECIALLY now . If Iran would attempt to close it , there will be war , and one which Iran is not prepared for , nor will Iran prevail , in addition the rest of the world will not back Iran .

Iran can issue all the threats it wishes , but at the end of the day , Iran's leaders themselves know this . Therefore it is empty bluster on their part . They know ANY war would put their Regime's power at risk . The Iranian people there are "fed up and tired " of the Regime .

salaam

this is a primary example of not bothering to read stuff in context. I was responding to a previous comment where someone was trying to say that the U.S. government has committed many evils. Now if you are one of those stars and stripes guys who worships Lincoln and thinks that the U.S. government is the best the world has ever seen and basically commit yourself to the imperial religion of Americanism then we have nothing further to discuss. But, if you are open to the possibility that while the U.S. started out in the best of intents it has in fact become one of the most murderous diabolical nations on the planet. Currently this country has more in common with Babylon than any other nation in the world. If you can list a major sin the U.S. has probably found some way to condone it.

This government is one of deceptive suppression and will continue to be so. That is a fact.

As for the Iran thing I entirely agree as you would have seen from my original post had you read. Iran has an evil regime and I personally believe will continue to have one until the end. They are the very core of what is wrong with Islam today. Iran has historically been the source of some of the most nefarious empires to ever emerge on the planet. Iran is biding its time for something and we can count on that. However, if they continue to anger all the world powers at the same time they are going to quickly find themselves in a bad place. If you are going to survive this world, in this time, you will need to play one power against the other or remain anonymous until you are ready to face one of them. Otherwise you are setting yourself up to get pounded from 3 different directions

abdullahfath said:

".....this is a primary example of not bothering to read stuff in context. I was responding to a previous comment where someone was trying to say that the U.S. government has committed many evils. Now if you are one of those stars and stripes guys who worships Lincoln and thinks that the U.S. government is the best the world has ever seen and basically commit yourself to the imperial religion of Americanism then we have nothing further to discuss. But, if you are open to the possibility that while the U.S. started out in the best of intents it has in fact become one of the most murderous diabolical nations on the planet. Currently this country has more in common with Babylon than any other nation in the world. If you can list a major sin the U.S. has probably found some way to condone it.

I was responding to a previous comment where someone was trying to say that the U.S. government has committed many evils. Now if you are one of those stars and stripes guys who worships Lincoln and thinks that the U.S. government is the best the world has ever seen and basically commit yourself to the imperial religion of Americanism then we have nothing further to discuss. But, if you are open to the possibility that while the U.S. started out in the best of intents it has in fact become one of the most murderous diabolical nations on the planet. Currently this country has more in common with Babylon than any other nation in the world. If you can list a major sin the U.S. has probably found some way to condone it.

This government is one of deceptive suppression and will continue to be so. That is a fact.

As for the Iran thing I entirely agree as you would have seen from my original post had you read. Iran has an evil regime and I personally believe will continue to have one until the end. They are the very core of what is wrong with Islam today. Iran has historically been the source of some of the most nefarious empires to ever emerge on the planet. Iran is biding its time for something and we can count on that. However, if they continue to anger all the world powers at the same time they are going to quickly find themselves in a bad place. If you are going to survive this world, in this time, you will need to play one power against the other or remain anonymous until you are ready to face one of them. Otherwise you are setting yourself up to get pounded from 3 different directions "

Good comments and great insight on both countries, voiced in strongest, redneck terms, and perhaps overstated just a bit. It seems to be the nature of powerful men to embrace evil!!

Edited by Padre5

salaam padre5,

shakran for the compliment. Although the last sentence is a bit fuzzy for me but I have always had trouble understanding the yankee dialect ;) lol

No Abdullafath . I am not implying the US is the best , nor am I a worshipper of ANY man . The very FACT that all countries first and foremost act in such a way that best suits their interests , without exception . Some call it pragmatism . Given the nature of men and nations , ALL are inherently "evil " to a degree . Having said that I dont consider the U.S . the least or lesser of them .But I do know it is not the worst .

I am not going to get into a " your sin is more serious than mine " because if you mention sin , then you imply things of the spiritual, and in that context use of the word "sin" means any disobedience against the Almighty ....and in the Eyes of the Almighty ALL sin is disobedience .

In the context of the subject we are discussing , and tthat is Iran's threat to shut down the Straits of Hormuz , I would not consider any US action to keep it open "evil " or " sin " . Iran has no right to close it , since Iran is not theonly nation bordering it , nor is Iran the only country that is accessible by sea only though Hormuz . Sanctions are not an act of war , blockading a port or international waterway is .

Indeed the US has enemies , most if not all by its policies , or actions taken . In some cases those policies and actions , being caused by the US , and other reactions by the US . I am not a " my country right or wrong " type of American .To go into Iraq was wrong , morally and strategically . To have stayed in Afghanistan any longer than it took to disperse the Taliban ,was first strategically wrong and the longer we stay the more morally wrong [an foolish ] it becomes .

Was it wrong of the U S to come to the aid of Kuwait at it's own request when it was invaded by Iraq ? I say no . Was it wrong to employ sanctions against Saddam as long as he continued to kill the Sunnis in the south and Kurds in the North ? Unfortunately many n the middle-east believe those sanctions caused children to starve , and people to die due to lack of medical supplies and medicines ...that is a LIE , perpetrated by Saddam himself and believed by the gullible . There were no sanctions ever of such supplies . I thought it wrong of the US to do anything in Iraq other than drive Iraq out of Kuwait ,and employ sanctions that would prevent Saddam from building up his army again .

So , no , I do not think the US is "the best " but it is no more or less pragmatic , than any other country Do I think Iran has a right to develop nuclear power ? Absolutely yes . Does it have a right to evelop nuclear weapons and issue threats to other countries at the same time ? NO I do not . There is no country that threatens Iran, that it needs nukes . There is no country attempting hegemony in Iran . Irans biggest enemy is its own people . Iran sasys its nuclear prgram is peacefull , yet all signs indicate that it is not , and Iran refuses IAEC to verify . So economic sanctions are thereby justified .

But I will tell you , the US would still have enemies in the Middle East simply because it is allied with israel .That is reason enough for arabs and Muslims in the Region . Let us be honest about that . Over the decades the Soviet Union , now Russia has alled itself with Iraq , Syria and Egypt . Iran and Syria ally themselves in order to further their country's hegemony in the region . Syria interferes with Lebanon and israel , whilst Iran through its proxy Hisbollah harrasses israel and traditionally has done the same in Souther Iraq. The Saudis seek to influence Syria . So who is good and who is evil , or put in another context , who is without "sin " ?

it is interest for me to know why you say Iran have an evil government?

I want answers with good documents please.

I didn't say Iran has an "evil " government , I said although Iran has a right to have a nuclear program , for peacefull means , it has no right to produce nuclear weapons and issue threats . This would only trigger an arms race .and be a matter of serious concern to its neighbors . In addition , Iran has no right to close the Straits of Hormuz due to sanctions .

this news have a problem: It isn't definitely. It is only an option for Iran because of boycotts for Iranians.

I didn't tell it to you. I ask from Abdullahfath.

I think we have a misunderstanding here. If you read all that I said you would notice I chastised Iran as well. The U.S. is evil and becoming more so by the day. The problem with Iran is its current leader ( and unless I am mistaken we helped get him there ) Does that change the fact that the U.S. is becoming more wicked than any nation on Earth? no. Did I say it IS more wicked or "sinful"? No. Two wrongs do not make a right. The U.S. government has committed many wicked deeds both towards others and towards its own citizens and as a fellow American you know what I mean.

if I had my way? We would send a navy seals team and just take out the Iranian leader and be done with it but that is me. is Iran correct for wanting to close the straight? of course not and if they do the U.S. will be the last of their worries because I guarantee the Middle East will rise against them