Islamic Forum
atheism101

Why Does God Asked To Be Worshiped?

Why does a perfect being like God want, need, desire, and/or demand to be worshiped? What does he gain from it? If nothing, why does he reward it, and punish not worshiping?

Why is this any different from someone standing in front of an ant hill demanding that the ants turn right (assuming they understood), and squishing all of the ants that don't along with rewarding the obedient ants with watermelon?

PropellerAds
Why does a perfect being like God want, need, desire, and/or demand to be worshiped? What does he gain from it? If nothing, why does he reward it, and punish not worshiping?

Why is this any different from someone standing in front of an ant hill demanding that the ants turn right (assuming they understood), and squishing all of the ants that don't along with rewarding the obedient ants with watermelon?

The problem is you are comparing God to a human.. That's why you don't understand the reason behind these requests...

This is not a valid response to the question.

lol you are funny man..

If i give you an answer based on what I believe, you will still argue... and you will still say why this why that.... I don't own anything in this world, so as I grew up my Creator guided me and though me why I exist and what should I do with this temporary life... In simple words I should obey my Creator, no question asked..

The answer to your question is given in the Quran by The Creator..

[21.23] He is not to be questioned about what He does, but they shall be questioned.

If that doesn't satisfy you, then you let me know what will satisfy you?

[21.23] He is not to be questioned about what He does, but they shall be questioned.

This is a GREAT cop out! Don't question ANYTHING about the religion you were brought up to believe, or else you will burn in Hell forever!! This is extremely close-minded, irrational non-argumentative argument.

You do realize you did not answer the question, right? You just copped out of answering it. Guess what, the person that said that quote might have tried to get out of being questioned, but that doesn't work for a rational thinker. The person will be questioned whether he wanted to or not, and if there are no good answers given, then any rational mind will consider the person wrong.

You say the Creator guided you. I say you are deluded.

Did you hear voices? Or did you just "feel" as if you were being guided? All of these phenomena call be explained by natural psychological explanations - though of course, because you don't think you are allowed to question anything, you will never get to see the answers.

Hi atheism101, :sl:

I may not have the best answer in the world, but let me try, shall we? :sl:

I'll tell you a story. One day, there is an old carpenter who's about to retire. So he's asking to his master to allow him to retire. And his master said "I will allow you to retire, but you must build one house as your last task". The carpenter did the job reluctantly, he worked on the house very half-heartedly, thinking that this is the last job he MUST do for his "demanding" master. Finally, the house is finished. But surprisingly, his master told him "this house is actually for you" and gave him the key and several money for his work. The carpenter regretted greatly because, if he only knew the house is actually for him, he'll build it with love, dedication, and he'll do his best work. Now he had to live in a bad house....built by himself.

Why does God asked to be worshipped? NOTHING! It's not for HIM-self, it's for YOUR own good! Even if the whole Universe doesn't want to worship Him, He will not stop being a God. God doesn't need our prayers and worship, but it's us Creatures who need him. It's like the carpenter and his master analogy, where the carpenters think he makes the house "for" his master - where in the end, the house is actually for the carpenter himself. Whatever we do, the reward falls back to ourselves. Why? God has shown us the way, and it's entirely our choice to choose.

"if you reject Allah, truly Allah hath no need of you, He liketh not ingratitude from His servants. if you are grateful, He is pleased with you. No bearers of burdens can bear the burdens of another. In the end, to your Lord is your return, when He tell you the truth of all that ye did (in this life)." (QS Az Zumar : 7)

"if anyone does the righteous deeds, the benefit is for his own soul. if one does evil, it works against his own soul" (QS Al Jatsiyah : 15)

Hi atheism101, :sl:

I may not have the best answer in the world, but let me try, shall we? :sl:

I'll tell you a story. One day, there is an old carpenter who's about to retire. So he's asking to his master to allow him to retire. And his master said "I will allow you to retire, but you must build one house as your last task". The carpenter did the job reluctantly, he worked on the house very half-heartedly, thinking that this is the last job he MUST do for his "demanding" master. Finally, the house is finished. But surprisingly, his master told him "this house is actually for you" and gave him the key and several money for his work. The carpenter regretted greatly because, if he only knew the house is actually for him, he'll build it with love, dedication, and he'll do his best work. Now he had to live in a bad house....built by himself.

Why does God asked to be worshipped? NOTHING! It's not for HIM-self, it's for YOUR own good! Even if the whole Universe doesn't want to worship Him, He will not stop being a God. God doesn't need our prayers and worship, but it's us Creatures who need him. It's like the carpenter and his master analogy, where the carpenters think he makes the house "for" his master - where in the end, the house is actually for the carpenter himself. Whatever we do, the reward falls back to ourselves. Why? God has shown us the way, and it's entirely our choice to choose.

"if you reject Allah, truly Allah hath no need of you, He liketh not ingratitude from His servants. if you are grateful, He is pleased with you. No bearers of burdens can bear the burdens of another. In the end, to your Lord is your return, when He tell you the truth of all that ye did (in this life)." (QS Az Zumar : 7)

"if anyone does the righteous deeds, the benefit is for his own soul. if one does evil, it works against his own soul" (QS Al Jatsiyah : 15)

I found that analogy very interesting. However, I had already anticipated similar responses. The main source of problem is - why would God punish us if we didn't worship him? Why would God care if we didn't pray 5 times a day, if we never prayed to him, if we disgraced him, etc.? Why would he PUNISH people for that? The best you could argue from your analogy is that the people would end up harming themselves - but this is not the case. Imagine the carpenter scenario, except now since this house was so bad, the master would whip him. Is that fair? How would you characterize such a master?